Blood panel info

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Alright I'm a few weeks away from starting this cycle and I'm too dam excited about it lol. Discipline is such a bastard sometimes. Anyhow, I want bloodwork pre cycle. I'm not sure what to ask for, little help here pls. Thanks.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Yea I read that, I have insurance so basically when I go to the doc, I'm going to say I want a female hormone panel with lipids? I figured asking the doc for that would probably raise a flag lol, and he might say.. your not a female.

Maybe I should just do it this other way and bypass the insurance eh?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
YEA that's the purpose of that link, use the link.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Since I have zero idea how to read the info, I'm sure that if I post the results here I could get some help with it? Also, according to the post you do get kidney/liver values, but based on the info at the site I don't see it in the description... again though, it might be worded in a manner that I don't understand.

Just to make sure, this would give liver values as well, just no lipids right? Also, as far as bloodwork pre cycle, are lipids that relevant, or is it just post cycle that you really want to check them?

Thanks.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, if you have insurance that will cover the cost of annual routine bloods, go with the insurance for the pre-cycle bloodwork. That way, you will get a full panel, with lipids, liver, kidney, etc - the works. This can serve as your baseline, and will not raise any red flags re: your health.

Use the link provided for the on- or post-cycle bloodwork, as some levels may be jacked up. Compare to baseline to see if your health has been compromised.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pre go through doctor and insurance, I don't see why not? Maybe someone can explain??

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I would go through my insurance regardless, I don't quite care what the results are.. doctor client privelage, its not like I can get in trouble for anything lol. As far as my ins goes though, it actually sucks, but I was going to use it so the money could go against my deductible. Its an 80/20 split with a $500 annual ded. But I mean if its going to cost 150 bucks to go through the doc, screw it then, I'll do it this way.

I hate my insurance. I really do. They got rid of our HMO/PPO plans a couple years back and became self insured.. and using this god awful 80/20 split crap.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sucks man, ya if you can save money the other way then do that. We should be able to help you. Make sure you get a complete lipid, hepatic, and thyroid panel. If you can afford it a hormone panel as well. It can get expensive quick though.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
It looks like the hormone panel is 50, lipid an extra 50. Here is the hormone panel info..
Includes: Estradiol, serum; Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH); Luteinizing Hormone (LH); Testosterone, serum; Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum.

Thats the $50 panel. Would this be sufficient for testing or would additional be necessary.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Lipid panel

Includes: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation).

Theres alot of thyroid options. From what the original post says..

"select the hormone panel for females. This test comes with a CMP (liver, kidney values and more), CBC (blood counts), total Testosterone, total Estrogen, LH and FSH."

Does this coincide with what I have posted for the female hormone panel?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's lacking lipids (HDL, LDL, total cholest) seems to cover everything else you need.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Alright good then. Here is the $48 dollar question lol.. how crucial is it to get lipids done before cycle.. worth the extra cost? Or not. I'm hoping not, but I can see the answer already.. if your going to do it do it right, spend the money fool.

Hopefully I'm wrong though lol.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well it helps to have a baseline...but it's up to you

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Oh, yea so my first pin will be Jan 2. Can I get the work done now, or should I wait untill closer to that date. I wouldnt think that two weeks would make much difference, but checking anyhow.

And if so, if I purchase it right now, as long as the lab has availability tomorrow. I should be able to go down tomorrow and get it done?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ya now is fine, a couple of weeks is nothing as long as you don't plan on making any huge lifestyle changes

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Looks good so far, real quick though, when labcorp website asks for payment method?? Do you pay them as well?

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Last question, a bit dumb but.. fasting is no food, or no food OR drink?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no calories, food or drink. Water is fine coffee, black only I believe is fine.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Paid and scheduled for tomorrow. Appreciate the help.