Terrible back pump

Draikaiden

Awards
I have tried searching but not finding anything useful.
Is there any thing to help with Back pump and pump in general (bad calf and shin splints as well) besides Taurine?
Was doing a 21 day run of SD and came off early at day 18. I need to do some cardio for work, and the back pump was getting so bad that it tore me up just walking around. i was laying on my back between sets on deadlift and squat days, started to be counter productive.
I was taking 5g of taurine in the am, before and after workouts and at night, and still just bad back pump.
I am on day 5 of pct and still get painful pump when i work out, specially any cardio, the rest of the time I am ok now.
Is there any thing that could help, or do I just have to wait it out?
thanks all.

felost

felost

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if taurine didn't hepl, i don't know what can help.

try a antinflamatory and a muscle relaxant

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
I have tried searching but not finding anything useful.
Is there any thing to help with Back pump and pump in general (bad calf and shin splints as well) besides Taurine?
Was doing a 21 day run of SD and came off early at day 18. I need to do some cardio for work, and the back pump was getting so bad that it tore me up just walking around. i was laying on my back between sets on deadlift and squat days, started to be counter productive.
I was taking 5g of taurine in the am, before and after workouts and at night, and still just bad back pump.
I am on day 5 of pct and still get painful pump when i work out, specially any cardio, the rest of the time I am ok now.
Is there any thing that could help, or do I just have to wait it out?
thanks all.
I know exactly what you mean and I dealt with the same thing before. Squats and Deads are what does it to me, I work on the weekends outside for anywhere from 6 hours to 12 hours and it is intense hard work (mixing and laying concrete).
I wouldn't suggest an anti-inflammatory or a muscle relaxer, unless the relaxer is taken after the workout with plenty of time to wear off. You are feeling that pump because your body is telling you something. If you dull this pain, you are likely to seriously injur yourself.....pssibly permenently.
The reason your lower back "pumps" even when you do carido is it is supporting the rest of your body. Here is what it sounds like to me. You need to work on your core a bit more.
It means you will need to lower your weight with these exercises (the two staples being deadlift and squat as both of these can create very strong core muscles, but should be supplemented with other more simple movements [ab pull down, etc...])and work on perfect form and contracting your abs during sets (I think of my abs litereally pulling the weight up when deadlifting rather than my back doing the work. It is completely mental, but makes me concentrate on keeping my abs very tight). Do the same thing with your squats and make sure you get all the way to a 90 degree with your knees, concentrating on your form and keeping your core tight.
I did this until I worked back up into that weight that was causing the pumps that were so painful even when I just walked around. I think what happens, you are on cycle, your other muscles have gotten ahead of your core muscles and they need time to catch up too (a strong core is much harder to get than a big chest or large arms, at least for me). Your core is responsible for keeping the load off your back and keeping proper posture. So your legs are strong enough to pick that weight up, but your core isn't strong enough to support the rest of your body.
Once your core catches up and you return to the weight you were using, you will notice that it stops happening altogether and making gains in deadlifts and squats will be safer and easier.

Just my 2 cents....