hdrol cycle log

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Review and Before/After Pictures on Second Page

Some background-I'm 21, almost 22 so I know i'm a bit on the young side. I've been in the game for a long while but it wasn't until really about a year ago that i figured out that high volume just doesn't work for me and started using more of a powerlifting approach. this netted me the only real progress i'd ever had in the gym in my life. my lifts as of right now look like this
B-275
S-345
D-360

Probably a little low, but i've been pondering running hdrol for a long while and i'm finally going to just pull the trigger unless someone really convinces me that it'd be better to wait. I'll put up some current pictures tonight or tomorrow so everyone can gauge where i'm at.

cycle will be

hdrol 75/75/75/75/75/75...maybe upping it to 100 the last week or two or pulsing it on the recommendation of laserbluess depending on how the sides are at 75

support
cel cycle assist-10 days preloaded, throughout cycle and pct
fish oil-at least 5-10 g's a day
now adam multivitamin, extra cal/mag/zinc

pct
continue support stuff
nolva 20/20/20/10...this is the dosage that seems to be the most prevalent...is this adequate?
pink magic-test booster/nutrient partitioner
jack3d
creatine

Diet-numbers will probably be
lifting days= 125g fat 300g carbs 325g protein
non lifting days= 125g fat 160g carbs 325g protein
refeed day=85g fat 400g carbs 300g protein

and as i put on weight i'll up the carbs/fat whichever one i seem to tolerate with the least bloating.

As far as routine, I've got a question here. Like i said above, powerlifting type routines (3 a week type schemes) have really been my bread and butter. i recently tried a 4 day a week to see if i could recover and while it wasn't awful, i really think it was verging on overtraining for me. would it be wise to use the greater recovery capability while on and do a routine like this, or should i stick to what i know works and just bang it out on a 3 a week routine?

I've been planning this for around 5-6 months, so i think that i've got all my bases covered. if i'm missing anything then by all means please chime in and give me your opinion since this is my first go around and i don't wanna hurt myself.

giant post...i know. hopefully someone has the time to read this lol. i'm starting preload today.

jt339

Awards
  • Established
You really don't need the cycle support for h-drol since its so mild, but since you already have it, why not?

For PCT, run Nolva 20/20/10/10

This PS takes about 2-3 weeks to really kick in. I'm actually on day 9 and have noticed less soreness, but only really small strength gains up to this point. Knowing this, you could try the 4 day routine, but I wouldn't start it until the third week or so. By then your recovery ability will have greatly increased since the PS has started to work its magic. Three days a week while off is definitely enough, but I'd think you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not up that to four days while on.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
You really don't need the cycle support for h-drol since its so mild, but since you already have it, why not?

For PCT, run Nolva 20/20/10/10

This PS takes about 2-3 weeks to really kick in. I'm actually on day 9 and have noticed less soreness, but only really small strength gains up to this point. Knowing this, you could try the 4 day routine, but I wouldn't start it until the third week or so. By then your recovery ability will have greatly increased since the PS has started to work its magic. Three days a week while off is definitely enough, but I'd think you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not up that to four days while on.
I was thinking the same thing about the routine. since i'll have the greater capability, why not use it. I guess another route i could go would be to just stick with the 3 day a week routine so i wouldn't have to worry about losing a week trying to figure out the weight i'd need for each lift...and just add another heavy lift on each of the 3 days.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Alright nothing really to update cause i'm just preloading till the week after this coming one. the nolva came in yesterday so i started to preload. i'm just gonna go do some cardio today and tomorrow probably. i decided on a routine so i'll post it up as i do it.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
quick update. i'm pushing the start of this cycle back a week. iweek for my fraternity is the 22-29 and i don't know if ill be able to get to the gym very much that week. so i'll start the following week.

jdmferio13

Awards
damn son what do you eat for meals.I wanna start a cycle but cant figure out what all to eat.I mean I eat alot just not enough carbs I guess.do you have any suggestions

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
i eat random stuff man, to be honest. a lot of times i'll eat just plain bread so i can get my carbs higher without getting a lot of high gi stuff in. the staples of my diet i guess would be whole wheat bread, chicken breast, ground beef, cheese, and peanut butter. i "cheat" fairly often but i always make sure that the meal will fit into my macros and i don't let it get too sloppy. plus...i know whole foods are better but i love myoplex shakes lol. i could down a whole case of those a day.

EDIT: and by the way...another kind of update. i'm not gonna be pushing it back. i talked to my big brother and he said i'd have time to hit the gym during iweek...so i'm still on schedule to start next monday.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright since i've been preloading the cycle assist for a while anyway i decided to go ahead and start. i'm not allowed to talk during iweek and i wanted to be able to ask questions on here and ask people in person if anything arose the first week.

dosing was 75mg.

workout was

Decline bench
5 x 200
5 x 225
5 x 255

Incline db
8 x 50
8 x 60
8 x 70
8 x 80

DB shoulder press
8 x 50
8 x 55
8 x 65

DB Laterals
10 x 35
8 x 25
8 x 20

Skull Crushers
10 x 55
10 x 65
10 x 85

Situps
3 x 10 x 55

Rotator cuff work

All in all it was a good workout. most of the weights were kind of light but that was more because of this being the first time i'd done this routine. i really don't feel "on" or anything yet...definitely still early.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright so its been like 2 weeks since i've posted in here it feels like. i got caught up moving back to school and fighting with financial aid and everything else. anyway, this is my 2nd week on and i think it's starting to kick in. I jumped up 10 pounds between last week and wednesday on my decline bench and upped my shoulder presses to 70's for 7 from 65 for 8. No sides whatsoever...blood pressure is actually a little improved even. Hopefully the hdrol really kicks in and i get this thing rolling. I'm going to the gym tonight to deadlift so i'll post that later on.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
either it's really kicking in or i'm just having a placebo effect thinking it's kicking in because i was feeling superhuman tonight in the gym. maybe its one of those self fulfilling/perpetuating things where i do good on one lift because i think it's kicking in and then it just builds from there. i dunno. anyway, the workout went

deads
6x265
6x315...easy. i was very pleased since i got this for 4 last time

leg press
10x sled+290
10x sled+320
10x sled+400. this one was still pretty easy. i could up it probably 20 pounds for next time. its the first time i've used this leg press since i've gotten back to school.

chins
10x bodyweight
10x bw+10
10x bw+20

hammers
8x30
8x35
8x45

macros for today were 85g fat, 375g carbs, 300g protein.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really good at updating this very often. at least its only this i'm missing and not my diet or workouts. anyway i have a question for anyone who might read this log. For pct, i know that a lot of people go with pct assist rather than cycle assist. i'm running nolva as my serm, and isnt it also hepatoxic? i noticed that pct assist doesnt have the liver or cholesterol or any other type of protective stuff in it, as it's more geared toward helping restart the hpta i guess and it's for use when you're not using something that still carries toxicity. am i correct in thinking that i still need liver support while on nolva?

jay20

Awards
I'm not really good at updating this very often. at least its only this i'm missing and not my diet or workouts. anyway i have a question for anyone who might read this log. For pct, i know that a lot of people go with pct assist rather than cycle assist. i'm running nolva as my serm, and isnt it also hepatoxic? i noticed that pct assist doesnt have the liver or cholesterol or any other type of protective stuff in it, as it's more geared toward helping restart the hpta i guess and it's for use when you're not using something that still carries toxicity. am i correct in thinking that i still need liver support while on nolva?
yesss

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright...so would it be more prudent to go and just get milk thistle or some liv.52 and also take the pct assist, or should i just let the nolva/natty test booster do work and stick to milk thistle?

anyway i'll go ahead and put up tonights workout since i'm finally on here after the gym. the hdrol has really kicked in and i'm totally in love with it. zero sides whatsoever after 2.5 weeks of 75mg a day. i feel like a superhuman in the gym...i have to consciously control myself and think about the weights i'm going to go for because i really seem to have unlimited confidence right now, and it's been backed up so far because i haven't failed on an attempt since i've started this cycle. anyway, here was the workout

squats
8x210
8x300...huge pr for me. the 300 for rep work barrier was a huge psychological one for me forever. pwned it tonight.

glute ham raises
6ish...

1 arm dumbell rows (kroc rows for those of you familiar with them)
15x65
15x80
15x100.....another huge pr. first time ever rowing triple digits

barbell curls
8x60
8x75
7x90

short sweet but super intense. i'm dreading the day that i have to go off cycle...because i'm simply loving this. my weight is also up about 2.8 pounds since the beginning of the cycle and i can see a shade more of my abs. this is legit.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright i keep forgetting to update this thing. thursdays chest/shoulders/tri workout went

decline bench
5x210
5x225
5x275

incline db
8x55
8x65
8x80
8x95

shoulder db press
8x50
8x55
8x70

laterals
6x45
8x30
8x20

skull crushers...cant really remember.

yesterdays deadlifts went

deads
6x270
6x325

leg press
10x295
10x335
10x410

wide grip chins
10x bw
10x bw+12.5
10x bw+22.5

hammers
10x30
10x35
10x45

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Alright yesterday was chest/shoulders/tris

incline bb
140x5
160x5
210x5

flat db
55x8
65x8
80x8
100x8

db shoulder press
55x8
60x8
70x8

db laterals
45x8
30x8
20x8

tricep rope pushdowns
80x10
90x10
120x10
90x20

situps
bw+55 for 3 sets of 10

rotator cuff prehab

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
also forgot to mention weight. i was 169 at the doc today with clothes and shoes. granted that will be like 5ish pounds but that still means i'm up like 5 pounds from precycle

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright today's workout was pretty beast.

squats
8x215
8x315!!! huge pr again for me. it was actually fairly easy as well
17x225...goin for 20 but my lower back was just about done...and i still had rows to do so i called it.

kroc rows
15x65
15x80
15x105...another huge pr. my strength just keeps going up. i haven't failed on a single lift and nothing has stagnated. this is amazing.

glute ham raises
pretty much was wrecked by these so i figured it was better to call it at 2 sets than just do a completely awful 3rd one.

bb curls
8x65
8x75
8x90

then came home and did 4 passes with the tire for a minute each.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
alright....i had an absolute beast chest workout today. i upped the dosage to 100mg a day now. i took 50mg this morning and then 50mg before i hit the gym. i didn't really feel any different, but the weights felt ten times lighter. i never thought of this even as a goal, but before the cycle is over i'm going to decline bench over 300 for 5 reps. thats ridiculous. anyway the workout went

decline
5x215
5x245
5x295...up 20!!!!! pounds from last week. super hard, but still got it up. i definitely would have died had i not gotten it, because my spotter was some random dude who wasn't paying attention.

incline db
8x60
8x70
8x80
8x95

db shoulder press
8x55
8x60
10x70

shoulder laterals....my shoulders were bugging me a little bit so i decided to skip these

skull crushers
10x65
10x75
10x95
8x75

abs and rotators finished it out. my strength has gone up leaps and bounds since i started this cycle. i'll post the final numbers when i'm done...i've still got a whole 2 weeks left.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
well i dunno if anyone is really reading this or not, but it's all gone so smoothly that it hasn't really mattered.

today was deadlift day.

deads
6x285
4x340...was going for 6. i get this weird thing where i feel like an air bubble in my throat...and it feels like i'm going to either throw up or my throat is gonna rip open lol. so anyway i probably could have gotten one more, but i don't think i had 6 in me today.
10x225

leg press (sled plus denoted weight)
10x320
10x360
10x420

Chins
10x bodyweight
10x bodyweight + 15
10x bodyweight + 25

hammers
8x30
8x35
8x50
15x35...just for kicks i guess. my tri's seem to respond really well to high rep sets like this so i figured why not try it for my biceps.

came home and did 4 passes with my tire.

today was really the first time i've noticed any type of side at all. i think i had a mild back pump from about the time i started in the gym until now. actually its still there a little bit. i also feel like i'm kind of bloating a little bit. my weight is up to 167.75 though, which is about 7.75 pounds up from precycle. people are starting to notice and are asking me what i'm doing.

i <3 hdrol

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
one quick question...and hopefully with this my credibility doesn't just go out the window. I just came across some epistrong (the bogo at mrsupps) and I have it all in my house now. since hdrol is so mild, would it be foolish to think of bridging it into epi for a couple weeks like i see so many people do with mdrol?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
hmm, if you run the h-drol for 6 weeks and then bridge into epi that would be a long time for methyls in your system. then again im saying that, and my next cycle is going to be an 8 week m-drol to epi bridge with tren in the middle. i would save the epi for your second cycle if i were you though.

glad you are liking the h-drol so far. and yeah it takes a while to see the strength gains and mass gains, but its a lot of fun to see it happen. mine was right around week 2 if i remember correctly.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
also, on a side note. you have really good lifts for only being 170ish pounds. hell, i only maxed out at 295 on bench when i was weighing 207lbs. you seem to be throwing some big weight around for your size. especially the 80lb DB shoulder press. keep it up dude!

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
yeah you're probably right. i was just sitting thinking last night and realized i only have about a week and a half left on the hdrol and i was like crap...that sucks. i'll just wait it out till next time.

thanks for the complements man. lol...i told you i have hollow bones or something. i'm consistently like 20 pounds lighter than people think i am. it's the craziest thing.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
by the way when are you starting your next cycle? like januaryish?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
yeah once i graduate ill have a ton more time to hit the gym consistently. so im planning for early january to start it up. i cant wait. m-drol, tren, and epi. gonna be fun!!

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
that's gonna be super intense man. i'll definitely be following that one.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i gotta have a killer pct to go along with it. im sure ill be super shut down, but its the price ya pay i suppose.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
yeah man...im pretty sure that's gonna be a super suppressive cycle for sure. have you thought about maybe pulsing instead of running it straight? i've been reading up on pulsing and thinking of doing that next because it's supposed to help with shutdown and all that. although i think i've been told that pulsing a progestin compound like tren isn't agood idea.

anyway...the past 2 days in the gym were absolute beast for me.

thursday
incline
5x215
flat db
8x105
shoulder press
7x75
laterals
8x45
tricep pushdowns
10x130

friday
squats
8x225
8x325
15x245

kroc rows
15x75
15x90
15x105

glute ham raises...somewhat modified
3x6

bb curls
8x65
8x85
6x95

so anyway...i only put my top set on some of these cause i really can't remember without looking at my journal. i was up to 169.7 before i lifted on thursday..at the moment it's definitely down because i had a screaming headache last night...ended up taking something for it and that made me nauseas/dizzy/puking everywhere/unable to eat. so anyway today i'm just taking it easy trying to rehydrate and get as much food in as i can.

this coming week is my last week on, then it's onto pct. i'm gonna be starting with 20mg of nolva ed...and it's best to take that at night right? and save any type of natty test booster till a coule weeks into pct? i just kind of want to clarify that i've got all of this right.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
sounds right to me. i hear you can take nolva whenever, i just did at night cause it was easiest to remember cause it was right by my toothpaste so i remembered to take it before bed.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
sounds right to me. i hear you can take nolva whenever, i just did at night cause it was easiest to remember cause it was right by my toothpaste so i remembered to take it before bed.
lol. good idea. thanks man...honestly as much fun as this has been and as amazing as the strength has been, i'm ready to be done now for some reason.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
quick update about yesterday before i go to chemistry this morning. i dropped my dosage back down to 75mg because it seemed like all i was getting at 100mg was back pumps and leg cramps. if not for the fact that i turn into am onster in the gym, i'd go ahead and jump into my pct early. i really think that at 100mg i was getting shut down. my nuts are hanging like half as low as they usually do and i've had these weird pains...kinda like blue balls...so i dunno. but i've only got a few more days so i'll see how today is and maybe call it quits or maybe stick it out till the end of the week.

decline
5x220
5x250
4x305....i missed a rep...and it was really really hard...but his was a huge pr for me. even though it is decline, i've never benched over 300 in any form.

incline db
8x65
8x75
8x85
8x100

db shoulder press
8x55
8x65
8x75

laterals
8x45
8x35
8x25
these raped me.

skull crushers
10x65
10x75
8x100...really heavy lol.

rotator work...i may do abs today, i didnt really have time to fit it in last night.

i was pretty happy, my weight was 170-169.5 yesterday even after all the puking i did on saturday

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
kind of an update of where i am exactly now that the cycle is almost over. i finally made it to bodyfat tuesdays at the gym and got tested.

weight 167.8
bodyfat 6.7

when you see my pictures, you'll probably think this number is too low. before i get accused of e-statting, i've had my bodyfat tested numerous times by different people and it really is this low, i guess i just have really strange ab genetics to where it's really hard to see them.

i'll put up pictures at the end of the cycle...of both pre and post.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
wow, thats hella low. i would be happy with 10 lol.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
yeah it is super low...which is why i'm so frustrated lol cause i know that most people with sub 10% have abs like crazy.

anyway, i haven't put up before pics yet. i'll throw them up tonight when i get home if i remember.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
ok so i tried to post the pictures...i need 9 more posts. so i'm about to spam my own log i guess.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
ok finally. here we go. so now that these are about to be up, you can all see why i'm so upset about my abs lol.

EDIT:...censored another one sorry guys lol. this is standing like i do just normally....my abs tightened just a tad so my stomach looks a little better lol.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
post to come probably saturday or sunday....maybe monday. i'll definitely not be as tan lol. and the background will be different since i'm at school now.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
so yesterday was deadlift day

deads
6x295...so easy so i decided to go for 355 for 6
3.5x355
2x340

leg press
10x320
10x365
10x430

chins
10 bw
10 bw+17.5
10 bw+25

hammers
8x35
8x40
8x50

leg ups
10x15
10x15
10x15

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
at first i was like.. no. you are not that low of body fat. but then you flexed and damn dude. your legs are pretty shredded. it is pretty weird that your abs dont show more. do you work out your abs with heavy weights?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
im still a bit skeptical about it being at 6 or 7 though.

either way man, nice work. im pretty jealous of your back though man, awesome work there. (tad homo)

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
i'd have to say that out of everything, my abs are the group that i'm most likely to neglect. i try to hit them after squat and dead days, but sometimes i'm in a rush and i'll just skip them. when i do them i'll either do decline sit ups with a 55 pound db or leg raises with a 15 pounder. but yeah...i kinda feel like i'm higher than 7% because i just can't believe that my abs won't show at all lol.

thanks for the compliments though man...gotta love those deadlifts

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 1
Anabolics 15
beastmode1987 Cycle Logs 13
EnVision22 Cycle Logs 35
Cycle Logs 84