M-drol at 50

rrev3

Awards
A little history about me. When I was in my twenty's I worked out with an amateur bodybuilder who helped me cycle twice. (Don't remember exactly what I did or how much) I gained a lot of size and strength at that time but eventually lost it due to not working out, not eating properly, etc. I worked out sporadically off and on for many years after that, but nothing to brag about. At the age of 48 I started working out and eating "properly" and I quit smoking. I was 5'11" and 150lbs. Obviously a hard gainer. 18 months later I was up to 180-183 working out 4 times a week. I work out at the facilities offered where I work which is equivalent to a medium sized gym. I also have a pretty good setup in my basement for when I miss at the gym. I have maintained the 183 weight for about 9 months but it fluctuates some, mostly down a couple pounds and rarely up. My goal is 200lbs. I turned 50 during that time and decided to do a cycle of m-drol. Following is my cycle on m-drol with supplements and any other pertinent info I feel can be used. I wanted to complete the cycle and keep track then post it, so I wouldn't get side tracked with trying to keep it updated and answering questions or criticisms. I tried to do as much research as I could so I wouldn't end up asking the same questions that have been asked a million times. Also, please don't ask me a question about how to cycle until you have read UnrealMachines post. I won't bore you with my workout routine, except that I do shoulders Mon, chest Tues, arms Wed and back Thurs. My legs get worked in during the week with various other exercises. I will probably change it up a bit, depending on what works best later. At 50, massive strength isn't that important, I mean I don't care if I can bench 200lbs or 300lbs, it's all about the mirror at my age. ;]

I would like to thank UnrealMachine for his post about Superdrol and Johnny (a guy from work), who's support and direction has been great. They both helped a lot. I suggest you read UnrealMachine's post on Superdrol before you cycle, very informative.

My normal/daily supplement intake:
Zinc 30mg
Super B Complex
2 Glucosamine & Chondroitin
One-A-Day Mens

I'll start my PCT at the end of the cycle and run it for 3 weeks. My PCT will consist of:
(Clomid 100mg/50mg/50mg in the syringe it was 2mL and 1mL)
LiquiClom - Liquid Clomid
Gaspari Novedex XT (Before bed)
ALRI Restore
(I will continue Milk Thistle, Saw Palmetto and Omega 3 Fish Oil through out my PCT)

Started support supplements 1 week before cycle
Milk Thistle (Liver) 2000mg
Saw Palmetto (Prostate and Hair loss) 2 x 160mg
Omega 3 Fish Oil 3000mg
Twin Labs Amino Fuel 3Tbl

02/01/2010
Started M-Drol
10/20/20

Day 1 - Nothing to report except I was excited to get to the gym. I guess the psychological aspect of a cycle is motivating. 10mg

Day 2 - Still nothing to report. I had to work late so I didn't work out. 10mg

Day 3 - Worked late again but went to the gym anyway. Feeling a slight back pump. (May just be in my head) Chest day. Had lots of energy even though I couldn't sleep last night. Pumps are looking better. I have about 3lbs of gain already, but probably because I'm always hungry and have increased my food intake and you tend to retain a bit of water with M-Drol since you are always thirsty. 10mg

Day 4 - Slept great last night!! 8 hours and I normally only sleep 6.5 or 7. Noticing my sex drive is increasing. Always a good thing at 50! Another day off at the gym. Working too much! Need to pull my head out and get to the gym like I used to, don't want to waste a good cycle! 10mg

Day 5 - Gym not open. Sex drive is really high. Great to be 50!! 10mg

Day 6 - Missed too many days at gym so I will work out in my basement. Have plenty of Olympic weights to get a good workout. Doing arms. Got a pretty good pump, but not noticing anything else as far as strength. 10mg

Day 7 - Working out in basement again. Not too fierce. Worked upper back. Lower back pumps seem to have gone away. 10mg

Day 8 - Started 20mg today. Hopefully will see some difference. I'm getting tired of eating and not getting any results. I'm full all the time, but still at 186 (+3). Not working out right is part of the problem. So, I hit the gym hard tonight! Had a great shoulder workout! Shrugged 330lbs (barbell shrugs). Still not noticing a huge change in pumps or size, but strength is definitely going up. Will see how chest responds tomorrow. Weight still 186. Eat! Eat! 20mg

Day 9 - OK, well I think everything is starting to kick in. Great pump tonight at the gym. PB on my bench. My weight is now 187, up 4lbs. Drank a protein drink and now I remember why I don't do that. Yeeech, that tasted terrible and upset my stomach really bad. Need to figure out something else for that. I do take extra protein, just not in a drink form. Sex drive is still good. 20mg

Day 10 - Half way through cycle. :( But had a great arms workout. I'm up to 188lbs (+5). This stuff is really good so far. I'm eating where I feel fairly comfortable. I have to work and interface with people so I'm not going to eat so much I feel bad. I could probably be gaining more weight, but this is good for me. Started eating more chicken, steak and rice. 20mg

Day 11 - Still getting good pumps. Can definitely tell the difference in the mirror. Back workout today. Pull ups are getting better. 189 lbs today (+6). 20mg

Day 12 - OFF 20mg

Day 13 - OFF 20mg

Day 14 - OFF - Man, not working out when the gym is closed sucks. I still have only gained 6lbs. Will keep at it this week, then I'm done. I will definitely try this again, but maybe join a gym so I can keep at it with only one day off. I tend to not eat as much when I don't work out. If I can get 10 pounds out of this, it would be great. 20mg

Day 15 - Good workout. Seem to be getting bigger visually, but not any more weight gain. as a matter of fact I have lost 2 lbs to 186lbs. I know, I know, I'm not eating enough, but things change when you get older and eating tons isn't something I can do. I think if when I do this again I will have a better diet planned out. Seems like the anger/aggression is getting more prevalent. Especially with idiot drivers on cell phones, but I digress... 20mg

Day 16 - OK, I'm getting really good pumps and strength is going up a bit. But my weight has plateaued at 187lbs. That's quite depressing, but I'm thinking maybe it is my age. I know if you are too young then you don't need it, but maybe if you are older you need more. I still have a bottle and a half left for another run later, maybe I should up the dose? Any input on that would be great. 20mg

Day 17 - OK, I have decided that next time I cycle this, I will concentrate on diet rather then all the hype about keeping my liver, prostate, etc clean. I think I was so concerned about the sides that I left out the most important part of my workout, diet! Don't get me wrong, liver protection and all that is important, but if you have it set up correctly, you shouldn't fret over it... or you shouldn't be doing the cycle. I am fluctuating quite a bit with my weight. Currently I am at 188lbs. That is a gain of 5 pounds. My workouts are going good, pumps are pretty good. 20mg

Day 18 - Started taking creatine to minimize loses. Read a good article on creatine that suggested 1 week loading (30grams per day) then maintenance for 3 weeks (10grams per day). Then take a week off and repeat. This sounded like a pretty sensible approach to maintaining growth but eliminating false "water" gains since you would lose that during the week off. Currently, 8 hours before I go to the gym I am at 190lbs. A gain of 7lbs. Hopefully it will sky rocket, but I doubt it. I would really like to stay above 190. We'll see. 3 days left. Back workout tonight. I was talking to a friend of mine and he suggested that since I stopped taking creatine the week before my cycle started that I probably lost 5-7lbs of water from that. So in actuality I probably gained 12-14lbs so far. We'll see during my PCT. Just a thought. Anybody want to add an opinion? Back workout went really well. Really good pump! Weighed in at gym 190lbs, so I am keeping it so far. 20mg

Day 19 - OFF 20mg

Day 20 - OFF Worked out a bit in my basement. Still good pumps especially my lats. 20mg

Day 21 - This was suppose to be my last day of M-drol. My LiquiClom just shipped so I will continue until it gets here. Funny thing, I got an approval for the order on 2/16 and it didn't ship until 2/22. Will wait until I have it in hand next time. Or shop elsewhere. 189lbs, the weekends kill me as far as eating. Good pumps, but it seems my strength isn't increasing anymore. Kind of like I plateaued. 20mg

Day 22 - Still no LiquiClom. Good workout. 190lbs 20mg

Day 23 - Still no LiquiClom. 192lbs Looks like the creatine has kicked in weight-wise. I am still going up in my lifts so still getting results from the m-drol. I really like the pumps and weight gain, wish it didn't have to end. Hopefully I won't lose too much of it. 20mg

Day 24 - LiquiClom arrived. I will start my PCT this weekend. 192lbs. Keeping the weight on, so that is good. I'd really like to stay above 190, but I feel it will go below that. 20mg

Day 25 - OFF 20mg

Day 26 - OFF 20mg

Day 27 - Started LiquiClom, Restore and Novedex XT. Let me say something about LiquiClom. It tastes like crap! I can stomach a lot of things but this stuff is too much. First, the syringes I got were too big to fit in the bottle, so had to improvise. I emptied it into another bottle. Second, I accidentally got some on my tongue, it like numbed it or something. I had no taste for about 3 hours. I decided to shoot it down my throat the second time and had the same result. I will definitely mix it with something. It almost tastes like white lightning or grain alcohol. Note: Just ask the pharmacist for the syringes, mine were free. 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 100mg (2mL) Clomid

Day 28 - Day 2 for PCT. Man, that LiquiClom tastes terrible. It settles in the bottom real quick so it is hard to get it in the syringe. Today I'm still around 192lbs. Had a good workout. Strength is staying the same so far. My mind is what I have to deal with. The psychology of not taking m-drol is hitting. I will work through that. Still good pumps. 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 100mg (2mL) Clomid

Day 29 - OK, I got the LiquiClom thing figured out. I put 100mg in a glass with 4oz Arizona Green Tea. I don't drink juices so that's all I had. It really helped. I won't bore you everyday with my PCT unless something happens I feel should be shared. Still at 192lbs. Oh yeah, where did my libido go? 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 100mg (2mL) Clomid

Day 36 - Second week of PCT. Definitely no libido. I have only lost 2lbs so far. I am still maintaining a lot of the strength I had. Workouts are still going good. I have noticed I get a little moody, not anger just down and then up then down. Probably the Clomid. I have also noticed some lethargy. When sitting at my computer (work) I get real drowsy. I'm at 50mg of Clomid now which is a lot easier to stomach. Will do that for two weeks total. I'm eating more now too, so that is weird, but I like it. At 190lbs now and have been for 4 days. 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 50mg (1mL) Clomid

Day 43 - Third week of PCT. Still no libido. Not sure what is going on. My face is starting to break out. At 50 that is very unusual. I never had a problem with that even as a teen. Still drowsy all the time, but I'm still eating well. At 190lbs still and have been for 11 days. 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 50mg (1mL) Clomid

Day 46 - Just an update, I have been at 189 for two days now. Working on my diet for now and especially for the next cycle before summer gets here! Face stopped breaking out! 3 Restore, 2 Novedex XT, 50mg (1mL) Clomid

Day 49 - Final Day of PCT - This is it! Overall for my age, I think the cycle went well. Libido is back to what is normal for me, dang it. I feel great, strength is still up and my weight is at 191. Gained two pounds the last few days. Appetite was up so that was cool.
Following is my summary:
I ended up doing 4 weeks of M-drol waiting for Clomid, not too bad.
Back pumps off and on through cycle - Actually got better the third week.
Dumped the g/f twice during cycle. It happens! (Once during PCT final time!)
Libido was trashed when I went on PCT. Came back by the end of PCT
LiquiClom tastes like crap.
LiquiClom lasted exactly 3 weeks when taken 2mL/1mL/1mL or 100mg/50mg/50mg
I say again LiquiClom tastes like crap.
I will continue with support supplements until they are gone (Milk Thistle, Omega 3, etc)
Drink plenty of water - helps with back pumps and helps flush the liver
Had to really watch my anger during first week of PCT (probably why the g/f thing happened)
Make sure you have diet, workout and supplements figured out before you start!
My diet needed and still needs a lot of tweaking. I think next cycle will be bigger gains with better diet.
Gained 8lbs

I'm open for criticisms, but would prefer critiques. This is my first real post here and my first cycle in a long time. I did a lot of research before I started, but we can all use tips and advice. I will be doing this again, but focus on diet and I will post that if anybody wants.
Thanks for reading.
~rrev3

Last edited:

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
hi
as your 50 wouldnt hormone replacement be a better option .Do you know your test levels. you might have little test to bring back up to speed so to speak
You could have also taken an AI and run it .At 50 personally i think its the wrong end of the age scale to be taken roids unless under medical supervision but thats just my view.

rrev3

Awards
Thanks for your response and ideas. I'll research hormone replacement and AI. As for medical supervision, I do what's necessary for my age.
Thanks again for your input.