Epi-Pulse Carb Cycling Cut

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its been awhile since I've played anabolically, so I'm going to run this pulse cycle. I've never tried pulsing before but read about it, and am curious to see for myself.

Stats: 5'9 170lbs ~10%bf
Goals: Cut bf down to around 6% maintain muscle

Epidrol- MWF

Wk1) 10,20,30mg
Wk2) 40mg
Wk3) 40mg
Wk4) 50 mg

I will split my doses up to half in the morning other half early evening.

I will be cycling my carb intake, based on the article published by twin peak a few years ago. (If you've never read it or can't find it I can post a link) MWF will be high carb days with lifting and HIIT. Other days will be: 1 low carb, 3 no carb with cardio only.

After I finish the pulse cycle for the next month I will be taking 25mgs of clomid(just because I already have some), maca, fenugreek and Lean Xtreme maybe DCP. Then I will repeat above pulse.

Any questions/comments/concerns/reccomendations are appreciated!

B

bdawg2

Awards
How did this plan/pulse work out for ya?

Can you please post a link to the cycling article by Twin Peak, would be interested to see how it differs from the T-Nation carb cycle codex.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I actually just started today. I have decided to run it a traditional cycle (up to 40mgs) for a month.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm - that is the carb cycling article I was referring too. Check it out, let me know what you think.

B

bdawg2

Awards
Very similar in concept to the T-Nation codex...both have pros and cons IMO...thinking a combination of the two concepts would work best for me.

I just started carb cycling this week along with a pulse of EPI and so far I really like how my body is responding.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your workout schedule look like around this diet and EPI cycle?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought they were pretty similar too. This week while I am waiting for it to build up in my system I am doing only low carb on lifting days and no on cardio days. Monday was low and Chest Sh and Tris. Yesterday was no carb and cardio. Today is legs and low carb, tomorrow will be no and cardio, Friday will be back bis and low. I'm going to see how I feel when the weekend gets here to decide how to proceed. I'm going lower carb/calorie this week to shed off a few quick pounds, so when it kicks in I bump my cals up some to add some mass.

How have you worked out your plan thus far?

B

bdawg2

Awards
I will lift M,W,F and take 30mg of EPI as a pre-work out supp only (will bump up tp 40mg next week). M (back & bi's), W (Chest & Tri's), F (legs & abs).

My plan is for High Carb days on M & F with W as a Low carb day. No carb days will be pre lifting days (T, TH, SUN).

What do you think about not doing cardio like it says in the Twin Peak article? If you are trying to gain mass that may not be a bad option....

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks real solid to me. I have done the carb cycling in the past without cardio, I am doing it now more out of OCD than anything. I'm out of work so I don't have **** to do all day and if I do nothing physical like 4 days a week I'll go nuts. Thats part of why I decided to run it strait through instead of pulse because I'm going to be doing a lot of work without a lot of cals.

How are the no carb days treating you? If youre finding them tough, I highly reccomend Slim Xtreme by AX. It has crushed my appetite, which has been impossible for me before, I've tried everything and even rimonabant didn't work.

B

bdawg2

Awards
Can't say I blame you for wanting to cardio...I would go crazy myself if I had to be home all day.

I do find it hard on no carb days...it really doesn't bother me until I get home and i want to eat everything. The best thing for me is to just go to bed early on no carb days so I actually forget about being so hungry, has worked in the past well for me.

I'm also stacking DCP and recreate right now...thought the recreate would suppress my appetite a little but it hasn't.

What's rimonabant?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I vary my cardio, one day a week I usually do yoga, 2x I do some muay thai/mma stuff( shadow boxing, sparring, working the bag) and the last day I'll do some intervals or plyometrics.

Rimonabant is s a prescription appetite suppressant. The FDA didn't approve it in America, but its sold in Europe. I bought it as a "research chem". A lot of people have gotten great results from it, but it was pretty ineffective for me.

How do you like the recreate? I was pissed when I tried it a few months back. I didn't notice any stim/appetite suppression or anything else it claimed to do. Their first version of powerfull was awesome, since then I haven't been impressed by their products.

B

bdawg2

Awards
I agree it doesn't have the stim effects I was looking to get but this is my first time with using it...probably should have run it solo. However, after my morning dose I do feel energized and in a good mood don't really know if its the recreate of DCP or maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

By the way, I am finding it hard to eat 50% of my daily carbs after my workouts. Are you finding this also and how would you go about taking in 150 carbs after a workout on a high day?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats how I'm following more of Twin Peaks' formula. Low days I eat my bodyweight in carbs divided evenly into 3 meals. On high carb days I just eat as much as I feel like. Are you doing low or high gi? By doing a combination of both would probably be the easiest, like half of the amount in your shake (waxy maize, or maltodextrin) the other half oatmeal or some whole grain bread, bagel etc.

B

bdawg2

Awards
I was trying to stick to low GI, maybe I should like you said, mix it up a little.

Interesting...never heard of Waxy Maize but I'll look into it. Thanks.