bonscott, the one, and a life mystery!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, I figured it's time to do a log, and follow through. I'm aware of the plethora OF "THE ONE" logs permeating the forum. I only hope to be able to provide straightforward, objective information.
So I guess I would say I've been cutting since January,.. down to 225lbs this morning from 240 in Nov. My plan is to put on lean body mass, and not put on fat. I know alot of people feel on things like this, it should be an all out bulk,.. but I'm leaning more towards trying to find my abs,.. so that's that!!
I'm on a 3 on/ 1 off training schedule, day 1 chest/back, day2 shoulders and arms, day 3 legs. I do cardio on days 1 and 2, mixing in interval training with long jogs,elliptical, or bike,.. pretty much whatever I'm in the mood for.
My diet, I'm not gonna lie, is my weak point. I've learned so much in my 6 months on this forum, but the attention to detail just escapes me as of late. Basically, I try to have a carb cut-off time around 6pm everyday. Doesn't always work out that way,,.. but I think you get it!!!
I have pics from Oct, but will be putting some freshies up this weekend, this way there's some eye candy, or for those who find me repulsive,.. well, I'm helping you on your diet.
I'll do my best to put up all routines, weights, and oh yes, measurements as well. Any and all input is appreciated in advance!!
I should note cycle support has been preloaded a week, fish oil, and multivits, and protein shakes are all I'll be taking. I do have some cissus should my joints act up. For pct, I'm going with 2nd gear at this point, other things will be added, but more on that later. I have clomid on hand should I need it, but all should be well!! This will be a 29 day cycle, 3 per day the first week, then 4 per day till gone. Let's get it on!!
So, the mystery for today,... why does the sun lighten your hair, but darken your skin?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 1
Alrighty, got some pics, just have to have my gf put them up, as I'm lousy at this puter stuff.
I have to be honest, all the cardio I've been doing has sapped my strength big time. Just ventilating, now that that's out, we can move on.
Chest
Flat db press 70x12
75x8
80x6
Incline bb press 185x6/5/4
Machine flyes 115x15
130x12
145x10
Back
pull-ups 5/5/4/4/4
Bent over rows 155x10/9/8
db shrugs 65x12x3 sets
Did 2 sets of leg raises and jumped rope for 15 minutes. Wasn't really feeling up to doing cardio.
Not much else to say at this point, no + or - effects thus far. Will update as needed!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I'm not on top of it that much,.. I eat lots of red meat, chicken breast, pork chops, and milk. I was thinking about putting my foods in the log. I eat alot of food,... That's why it's gonna be hard for me not to pack on some fat. But, I'm gonna try. I usually only have 2 shakes per day,.. sometimes 1, as I'm a big night eater. I drink a gallon of water a day.
Let's put it this way, every now and then I count my protein intake, and it's always over 250 a day.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lets see what you can do :)

everyone's jumping into cycles this time of year.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
im in bro!..goodluck!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the interest fellas,.. just wanted to add,..BP 134/76.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching.

Every 3-4 days could you please do a post that includes the following (just so that others can have an idea of how The ONE is affecting you re these factors):

Diet - general overview re total calories, water intake, etc.
Training - specifics re time/exercises/sets/reps/recovery/weight, etc.
Body composition and Look
Muscle Hardness
Vascularity
Strength
Speed
Co-ordination
Quality of Training
Mood/Aggression
Libido
Joints
Overall Sense of Feeling (to include mention of any shut-down or sides)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Those suggestions Rosie has made will also help your log as far as ease of following :) In for the ride man!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man, theres going to be a whole bunch of guys running around a whole lot bigger than a month ago :D

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
RECENT PIC'S!

POST PCT PICS

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking good there bonscott!
slick.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
man, theres going to be a whole bunch of guys running around a whole lot bigger than a month ago :D
that's what i'm saying.

also, nice lats bonscott! good capped rear delts as well.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Well thank you Rosie for the suggestion, That's a great way to pinpoint things!!
I'm gonna take more pics today with a paper and the date,...I'm not really happy with those pics.
Suncloud, that's a compliment, and thank you!!!
I'm working a split shift today, will be hitting the gym in the afternoon, update to be issued then!!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 2
Weight 224.7
BP: 128/72

Training: Shoulders-Behind neck press 95x4x10
upright rows 95x4x10
rear delt machine70x15
85x12
100x10
Triceps- lying extensions 80x3x12
pushdowns 50x15
60x12
70x10
biceps db curls 30x12
35x10/9
concentration curls 25x3x10
No abs or cardio today,.. time constraints!!!
Body composition and Look: pump was awesome
Muscle Hardness: getting better, the higer rep ranges are helping
Vascularity: Have a layer of fat covering everything,.. so this should improve greatly as cycle goes on!
Strength: Shoulders could've def went higher on presses, but bis and tris felt weak, push just wasn't there.
Speed: No cardio today, but went through workout quickly. I don't mess around in the gym, I'm in, I'm out,.. today approx 45 minutes.
Co-ordination: On point
Quality of Training: Great pump, even though I felt weak, so I'm not complainig. Mind/muscle connection wasn't clicking because I was stressing over small things.(My own fault) Gotta get things dialed in better psychologically!!!
Mood/Aggression: Irritated today, work, family, pulling at me. Again, I should develop better coping skills, can't really blame the one at this point.
Libido: Nothing either way!
Joints: Left elbows been bothering me, no more, no less!
Overall Sense of Feeling (to include mention of any shut-down or sides): Not feeling any different at this point. I slept like a rock last night. No king kong feeling, just a normal feeling of everyday life at this point.
I'm sticking with those pics(I'm bipolar)!!
Thanks for jumping in, and the support. I really appreciate any and all, positive or negative views!!!
Mystery of the day: Why is abbreviated, such a long word?

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Looking good bonscott!..keep up the good work!;)
slick.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 3
wt:225
BP; 128/76

Diet - Odd thing is, my appetite seems to be decreasing, not increasing. Finding it hard to eat like I usually like to. I have been fighting a cold, and feeling like crap,.. but the show must go on. Water intake remains high,.. I love water!!
Training - Legs:Squats 225x3x10
Stiff leg deads 185x3x10
leg press 360x3x10
standing and seated calf raises, 3 sets of each
Strength: Not feelin' it!
Speed: Workout: 35 minutes, fairly quick, in and out.

Quality of Training: Pumps are there, I keep getting in my head about the strength being down,.. but I'm getting better.
Mood/Aggression: Irritability down,, just feel blah. Could actually use some aggression at this point.
Joints: No ill effects
Overall Sense of Feeling: No sides that I've noticed yet>
On a side note, DOMS is more pronounced than normal.
I'm not feeing any stim effect or even a therm-boost at all. Finding it hard to get motivated,.. side effect of this bug I'm fighting. But again,.. the show must, and will, go on!!!
I'm looking forward to weeks 2 and 3, when the strength and gains should start bouncing off. But till then, 1 day at a time!
Mystery of the day,.. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: Off,.. getting some good old fashioned REST!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those suggestions Rosie has made will also help your log as far as ease of following :) In for the ride man!
Helps to 'standarize' things some, so that everyone can see how The ONE affects these factors in each individual.

Well thank you Rosie for the suggestion, That's a great way to pinpoint things!!
I'm gonna take more pics today with a paper and the date,...I'm not really happy with those pics.
Suncloud, that's a compliment, and thank you!!!
I'm working a split shift today, will be hitting the gym in the afternoon, update to be issued then!!!
No worries. There was nothing wrong with the pics. And the fat WILL come off as you go along.

Day 4: Off,.. getting some good old fashioned REST!!!
Probably a good idea if you are (feeling) sick. Means that you can hit back harder when you're recovered :)

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
get that well deserved rest bon's!:)
slick.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sometimes methyls can suppress your appetite. could also be you're coming down with something, so really get a feel for how you're reacting. get some rest and hit this hard tomorrow!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
stopping thru for subscription

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
wt: 229.2
BP: 130/78
Day of rest really payed off, ate all day, cheated with cookies, but weight up almost 5 pounds. Feeling much better physically!
Diet - Water remains high!
Training - Back and chest
back:deads 135x10
185x10
225x10
275x4
275x3(grip was failing on last 2 sets)
hammer iso lat pull 90x4x10
front pulldowns120x10
140x3x6
chect: dips 15/13/ 10
incline db press 55x12
60x10
65x18
cable flyes25x3x10(never did these before)
cardio: 2 miles in 12:23 on treadmill!!

Body composition and Look: Pump remains awesome!
Muscle Hardness: Improving!
Vascularity: Can actually see some veins in my forearms!!
Strength: Haven't DL'd in 3 months, so I'm happy with them numbers. I also haven't flat benched or did pull-ups in 3 months, so these numbers should go up nicely. Also probably why DOMS was so pronounced!!
Speed: Nice tempo to the workout,.. in and out in 70 minutes!
Co-ordination: on point
Quality of Training: First day I felt mind/muscle connection clicking!
Mood/Aggression: even all around!
Libido: no ups or downs
Joints: L elbow is paining me something terrible, so much so it radiates down my forearm. Cissus time!
Overall Sense of Feeling: Feel like this show is just beginning. Don't have an "alpha" feeling as some describe it,.. but things are improving!
Mystery: Why is there no mouse flavored cat food?

Thanks for the compliment gifted, and welcome along guys!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
LOOKING GOOD BRO!:)
slick.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
agreed. nice detail as well.

here's some useless trivia for you. jelly belly made a fruit flavor that nobody liked, so they retired it. guess the flavor.......

tomato! sadly, a true story.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
nice workout man! I feel you on the no deads for 3 months, I was in the same position as you a few days ago when I did back..and Im STILL sore haha

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
subbed

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Tomato,.. that's funny!!! I can't imagine that tasting so good!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 6
wt: 227.8
BP: 138/76

Diet - Appetite is beginning to increase, eating lots of meats, veggies, and fruits. Water intake remains high(gallon a day at least)!
Training - Shoulders and arms
shoulders: hammer strength press 45x15
70x12
80x 10
90x6/4
db upright row 55x3x8
lateral raise 25x15
30x12
35x10
tris: machine extensions 110x15
125x12
140x10
bench dips 3x20
bis: wide grip curls 70x15
80x10
90x6
hammer curls 30x3x8
Cardio: elliptical 1min fast, 1 min slow for 20 minutes.
Body composition and Look: I am loving the pumps, makes me wish I was on an all out bulk! I'm liking the way I look and feel!
Muscle Hardness: Getting harder everyday!
Vascularity: I didn't want to jump the gun, but veins are popping out everywhere!!
Strength: Not as much as I'd like, but my goals are to lose fat and maintain(gain) muscle, so I'm not complaining. As my look is coming along, and I'm satisfied!
Speed: Really feeling a kick today, some sorta thermo effect, as sweating more and pace was great. Total time in gym, 70 minutes!
Co-ordination: Good
Quality of Training: Clicking on all cylinders today, feeling the one is really kickin into gear!!
Mood/Aggression: A little more irritable as of late, breathe!!!
Libido: No effects either way!
Joints: Same l elbow pain, esp during hammer curls.
Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm really enjoying the ride at this point, if this keeps up, I'll finally be able to see my abs!!!
Mystery: Why is a boxing ring square?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6
Body composition and Look: I am loving the pumps, makes me wish I was on an all out bulk! I'm liking the way I look and feel!
Muscle Hardness: Getting harder everyday!
Vascularity: I didn't want to jump the gun, but veins are popping out everywhere!!
Strength: Not as much as I'd like, but my goals are to lose fat and maintain(gain) muscle, so I'm not complaining. As my look is coming along, and I'm satisfied!
Speed: Really feeling a kick today, some sorta thermo effect, as sweating more and pace was great. Total time in gym, 70 minutes!
Co-ordination: Good
Quality of Training: Clicking on all cylinders today, feeling the one is really kickin into gear!!
Mood/Aggression: A little more irritable as of late, breathe!!!
Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm really enjoying the ride at this point, if this keeps up, I'll finally be able to see my abs!!!
Looking good so far, bonscott.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
thats impressive on day 6 and you're already getting good results... I'll be interested to see what sides this compound has!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I find the aggression to be increasing greatly. Every little thing really annoys me. It doesn't help that I like to deal with things head on, and when nothing gets solved or changes, it drives me nuts. Thanks for letting me ventilate!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I find the aggression to be increasing greatly. Every little thing really annoys me. It doesn't help that I like to deal with things head on, and when nothing gets solved or changes, it drives me nuts. Thanks for letting me ventilate!

I feel ya man. Yesterday I was wicked mad because my workout sucked and I just wasnt feelin it. I think I carried it with me because I wanted to fly off the handle at anypoint. Hopefully this weekend of snowboardin with my buddies will get me hitting the weights like a beast next week.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Day 7
wt: 231.2
BP: 138/76

Diet - Diet good, not great, appetite seems suppressed till evening or night, then kicks in big time. Trying to eat quality proteins and carbs!
Training - Legs and abs
legs: squats 135x20
155x10
185x10
205x10
225x10
245x10
275x4(could've got more, lately been kinda scared with weight on my back. gotta get over this)
lying leg curls 95x15
110x12
125x8
leg extensions 85x15
100x12
115x10
calf raises 6 sets
abs: 3 sets leg raises
3 sets crunches
Body composition and Look: Me likey, pump is pant splitting!
Muscle Hardness: Legs not to hard, but getting there.
Vascularity: I'm seeing veins in my calfs I haven't seen since high school!
Strength: Felt strong today, coulda kept going at them squats, I have some sorta mental block at the moment, and I get apprehensive with weight on my back. I will forge ahead!
Speed: 55 minutes in gym, quick tempo, great sweat!
Quality of Training: Excellent!
Mood/Aggression: Even throughout the day!
Joints: No probs with lower body!
Overall Sense of Feeling: No back pumps, calf tightness, lethargy to report!

Mystery: Why is it what Doctor's do is called "practice"?

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I've found through time that my legs respond better to high rep sets, I don't even get a pump with low reps!
My calves respond pretty well to anything I do, and running keeps them in top form,.. so I hit em and quit em!!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
looking real good my friend!;)
slick.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I've found through time that my legs respond better to high rep sets, I don't even get a pump with low reps!
My calves respond pretty well to anything I do, and running keeps them in top form,.. so I hit em and quit em!!!
you should try widowmakers sometime if you're feeling adventurous. 20 reps squats. rep 15 should leave you gasping for air. take a few breaths, and rep out one more. rinse, repeat. rep 20 should feel like a midget took a 2x4 to your quads, in an attempt to beat you down to size :) some of the DC'ers do unbelievable weights on them.

YouTube - Justin Harris WidowMaker Set w/405 for 20reps

in retrospect, i should have done some widows today :(

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
bon I feel you with the scared with the weight thing. Im so nervous about messing up my ankle again any squat I do keeps me second guessing myself..

and sun that video makes me wana throw up and cry like a little school girl

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I do widowmakers every now and then,.. (they make me cry,. lol)!!! I'm gonna do that on next leg workout if my mind is prepped!
Day 8
Rest day,.. coincidentally it's my first day at 4 caps. I ate everything in site, wonder if it's the extra cap that spiked my appetite?!?! Also, I've been having a good amt of indigestion, reflux, heartburn,... I was wondering if the one is doing that to me?!?!?! And after I take the one, it's like I have to force food down,.. I don't know.
Anyways, another split shift Friday, getting ready to hit the gym now, may not be able to update till tonight,. but I'm gonna get it in!!!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I do widowmakers every now and then,.. (they make me cry,. lol)!!! I'm gonna do that on next leg workout if my mind is prepped!
Day 8
Rest day,.. coincidentally it's my first day at 4 caps. I ate everything in site, wonder if it's the extra cap that spiked my appetite?!?! Also, I've been having a good amt of indigestion, reflux, heartburn,... I was wondering if the one is doing that to me?!?!?! And after I take the one, it's like I have to force food down,.. I don't know.
Anyways, another split shift Friday, getting ready to hit the gym now, may not be able to update till tonight,. but I'm gonna get it in!!!!
yes!..heartburn,reflux,indigestion is due to your increased food intake.i had alot of that while on Dienedrone..i ate like a horse!..keep up the good work bon's..have a good day off!
slick.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Dude....I freaking missed the log until now. Sorry I am late to the party. Kick some arse on this cycle!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
There's the man, the myth, the legend,.. welcome Silver,.. you lean, mean, babe stealin' machine!!!

Day 9
Wt:230.6
BP: didn't get checked today

Diet -I have an addiction to food,.. the good thing is I don't eat junk, just lots of food!!!
Training: chest/back
chest hammer strength bench 45x15
55x12
70x10
80x8
90x6
bb incline bench 135x10
155x8
165x4???(wtf)
pec deck flyes 100x15
115x15
130x12
145x12
back
close grip pulldowns 120x12
140x10
160x6
db rows 70x3x10
behind the back shrugs 135x12
155x12/12
No cardio today!!
Body composition and Look: I am loving the pumps, my body is really looking good, I'm quite happy with that!!
Muscle Hardness: Chest is hard, back not so much!
Vascularity: I am starting to look like a roadmap,... granted it's a map of a small town with maybe two roads,.. but,.. I'm gettin' there!!!
Strength: I've bitched about this for a week,.. it's not there,. esp today, my incline numbers went backwards,... but I'm pumped and lookin' swole,... so I'm not complaining!!!
Speed: Workout was a little slow today,.. kinda goin' through the motions, but I got it in. About an hour in the gym.
Quality of Training: M/M connection was there, so good!!!
Mood/Aggression: Up and down, gotta stop sweatin' the small stuff!!!
Libido: I am a sexual ninja,.. not only of Philadelphia,. but the WORLD!!!
Joints: Cissus helps,.. but L elbow and forearm tender!
Overall Sense of Feeling: I'm starting to look like Bslick without the tan,.. so I feel grreeeaaaattttt!!!
Everybody have a great weekend!!!!!

Mystery: Why is it called lipstick if you can still move your lips??

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Looking good my friend!..230 lbs.bro your a beast!
slick.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
There's the man, the myth, the legend,.. welcome Silver,.. you lean, mean, babe stealin' machine!!!
You've got the wrong man with that description. I am truly interested in seeing your progress. We have a similar body type with you definately posessing more muscle mass and less bf%. Lots of guys are seeing good recomp happening with this if they keep their fat intake low even with high carbs. I will be checking in on you because I know you will bring it every workout.