Thiamine HCl (Vitamin B1) 3 MG 300%
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 3 MG 300%
Niacin (Vitamin B3) 40 MG 200%
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 200 MG 10,000%
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) 200 MG N/A
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 100 MCG 1,667%
Biotin (Biotin) 1500 MCG 500%
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 92 MG 153%

Was playing around with this and came up with this. I still need to work on the dosages but this would be idea for diabetic (might need to scale the dosages, I am a big guy) I would love to replace the R-ALA with a salted verson and inctress the potassium (if I could use the Ka-R-ALA it would be unnecessary) Of course I would need 750mg of the Ka-R-ALA or 450mg of the Na-R-ALA to get the same dosage but it would be far more effective, I would need to cut some things out maybe to keep the number of capsules down.

At 66 dollars for a 90 day supply this is deal and then some. The R-ALA/Acetyl L-Carnitine combo alone will cost you that if you buy it from other people. 181 bucks for a little more then a years supply works out to around 15 bucks a month. You can't beat that anywhere.

IslandSupplmnts

Awards
I like it... here's what I came up with a couple days back.

Vanadium (Vanadyl Sulfate) 1000 MCG N/A
Garcinia cambogia fruit (50% HCA) 1500 MG N/A
R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (R-ALA) 300 MG N/A
Chromium (Chromium Polynicotinate 200 MCG 167%
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 1000 MG 1,667%
Quercetin (Quercetin Dihydrate) 1000 MG N/A
Fenugreek Seed (85% Fiber) 1000 MG N/A

I CALL IT: "INSAITABLE INSULIN... the Ultimate Regulator"

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
All I am waiting for is to use up my exsisting supplies and hoping that they get the Na or K-R-ALA. I need to be careful here or I will be over doing it :D

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I have a tub of pretty yellow K-R-ALA... but I can't find anymore replacements.. so I'm using it sparingly.. If you get some, I'll definitely be in on some along with Skye.

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a tub of pretty yellow K-R-ALA... but I can't find anymore replacements.. so I'm using it sparingly.. If you get some, I'll definitely be in on some along with Skye.
Guys,
I am checking into supply of it right now. We will probably be getting it soon. Let me ask you, I have never messed around with any of the K, is it very sticky like r ala powder or is it more granular like. The reason I ask is the Rala is very difficult to work with so I was wondering if the K or na would be better

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Mine is granular... some clumps, but mostly granular, and I haven't needed to use dessicant packs with it yet.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ubi,
Na-R-ALA is better. No clumps.
Custom has it.

If I had to make a insulin-managing pill, I'd have Na-R-ALA, cinnamon, 4-hydroxy-isoleucine, and chromium picolinate.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Guys,
I am checking into supply of it right now. We will probably be getting it soon. Let me ask you, I have never messed around with any of the K, is it very sticky like r ala powder or is it more granular like. The reason I ask is the Rala is very difficult to work with so I was wondering if the K or na would be better
Any of the salted versions are easier to work with. The potassium salt is still a little sticky in its raw form but it usually comes with a flow agent in it I believe. The sodium salt is suppose to be a little more stable then the potassium but I doubt that you would have problems with the potassium as I believe that it comes treated with silica to fix the problem. The sodium salt doesn't need the treatment (and it does takes up extra space and weight) and does have the standard benefit of requiring less due to the atomic weights I believe the standard claim is that 143mg of the Na-R-ALA vs. 250mg of the K-R-ALA for the same standard dosage. So you would need to allow for at least 750mg a day of the K-R-ALA and 450 of the Na-R-ALA. That is 3 doses a day, preferably 4 if it doesn’t present a liability problem for you.

However as a function of cost per dose there really isn't any end difference that the consumer has seen with the powders. Both end up a fraction less then $0.20 a dose. The Na-R-ALA takes less but cost much more then the other. So really unless you can get one cheaper then on per dose base ether will be much easier to work with then the regular R-ALA. I am not sure but the potassium may be beneficial but to be honest I need to look that up. But really they should work just the same if you account for the difference is dosage so what ever is cheaper per dose.

Note I just checked on a link for UB and they are now saying that they have a new improved potency of 70%. I am not sure why that is but that does change things if they are no longer using the silica. We are now only talking about a difference between 84% and 90 % difference ALA by weight for the pure salt. (It may just be this version of the powder, I don’t know) That puts the cost of the K-R-ALA below $0.15 a dose making it the clear winner here. Of course this may have nothing to do with how much YOU can get for so I still don’t know for sure.

But here is the link of some good info on the sticky problem
The StickyTruth about R-lipoic acid
K-RALATM Potassium-R-Lipoate
Sodium-Alpha-Lipoate; NaLATM

BTW UB if you need the powder you can still get it here NutraPlanet.com: K-R-ALA (25 gm) By NutraPlanet

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
The ever informative Skye.. thank you again.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Ubi,
Na-R-ALA is better. No clumps.
Custom has it.

If I had to make a insulin-managing pill, I'd have Na-R-ALA, cinnamon, 4-hydroxy-isoleucine, and chromium picolinate.
I love Na-R ala very soluble I mix it with AL-car and Aloe Vera xtract, then down some caps of HMB,Fenugreek,Apple cider and chromium. Blood sugar love magik

May mix in a little cinnamon

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Ohhh - forgot the apple cider vinegar tabs...

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CC, the new form of K-RALA by Geronova is a very fine powder. The former version which contained more of the exipients were VERY granular like salt, but the new form contains less of the exipients and is very fine and powdery and more water soluble, making it easier to mix. Hope this helps...and welcome! :)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
CC, the new form of K-RALA by Geronova is a very fine powder. The former version which contained more of the exipients were VERY granular like salt, but the new form contains less of the exipients and is very fine and powdery and more water soluble, making it easier to mix. Hope this helps...and welcome! :)
Thanks, do you happen to know if they are still using the silica or something else?

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any updates on the K-RALA availability? Looking to place an order soon and would rather avoid RALA. I've actually had better luck with ALA. Thanks and looks like a great concept you have here.

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any updates on the K-RALA availability? Looking to place an order soon and would rather avoid RALA. I've actually had better luck with ALA. Thanks and looks like a great concept you have here.

NaRala is what is coming in. Sent out a PO for it today.

Yields are much better with the Na over the K. When we talked to the mfg they weren't even going to produce the K anymore.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great, I will be placing an order as soon as it comes in. Let us know!

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
NaRala is what is coming in. Sent out a PO for it today.

Yields are much better with the Na over the K. When we talked to the mfg they weren't even going to produce the K anymore.
interesting, and highly convent for me as I am just about done with my current supply of things. I am going to have order when you get it in. Do you know what your going to allow for a dosage yet? 600mg a day would be nice (I would only use 450 but some people like to take it 4 times a day)

CustomCapsule

CustomCapsule

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
interesting, and highly convent for me as I am just about done with my current supply of things. I am going to have order when you get it in. Do you know what your going to allow for a dosage yet? 600mg a day would be nice (I would only use 450 but some people like to take it 4 times a day)

Skye not for sure yet. I will investigate and be flexible as possible. Should be in next week

kesam

kesam

Awards
I'm suffering from insulin resistance on my 2iu per day of Gh. Im currently drinking apple cider vinegar wiich helps a bit. Would Skyes diabetic stack work ok with this and can I add acv to the stack.

Great site, first post and I feel a bit of a dimwit on here compared to other sites.
This is where I will be doing my research from now on

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am thinking or adding Bitter Melon to the mix.

Biotin (Biotin) 500 MCG
Chromium (Chromium Polynicotinate 120 MCG
Na R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (NaR-ALA) 150 MG
Quercetin (Quercetin Dihydrate) 250 MG
Bitter Melon 200mg

I was also thinking of Banaba Leaf but I heard it is hard on the stomach.