Doug Miller Training Log

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
I have been posting my journal on a number of message boards so I thought I might as well keep it updated here. If you don't know me, my name is Doug Miller and I am a Drug Free IFPA pro bodybuilder, USP Labs sponsored athlete, and owner of Core Nutritionals. Feel free to ask me any questions about training or Core product in here.

If you want to follow my journal before today....feel free to check it out on my forum section of my website (Doug Miller - IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder) or in the USP Labs section of Anabolic Minds (I post under dam225 on there).

Monday April 21, 2008 - Chest

Great workout tonight. I popped some of the Core ZAP prototype before my workout tonight and I was ready to rock. Core ZAP is officially in production and will be the guaranteed best preworkout energy and focus supplement on the market. I will release the formula soon.

Incline barbell press (felt really strong), incline hammer press (PR), flat barbell press (strong for doing this third), low incline flys, smith machine incline press with 2 second holds. My intensity was very high!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Subbed :)

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Great workout tonight. I popped some of the Core ZAP prototype before my workout tonight and I was ready to rock. Core ZAP is officially in production and will be the guaranteed best preworkout energy and focus supplement on the market. I will release the formula soon.
I am really really looking forward to this. Cannot wait.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday April 22, 2008 - Back/Traps

Holy doodooballs!!! As my wife would say :). I really have to say that my intensity has been outstanding in the gym on Core ZAP and I have really been getting much less sleep than usual. I basically work a 10 hour day, take Core ZAP, go lift, get back to work around 9 and put in another 4 or so hours and I feel great all the while I am working. Usually I would be crashing staying up that late... And my productivity is usually sky high when I am back in at work. I don't want to over hype this product but I am really excited to see how testers like it. I will be giving away a number of free bottles to people on this board who are willing to post detailed logs and reviews so be on the look out in the next couple of weeks.....

Actually got to train with two of my old training partners (Glen and Elbow Dave) for the first time in a while and we had a great workout. Deadlifts (545 working sets and hit 405x20 at the end!), high hammer row (PR of 280 on each side x9), t-bar rows (9 platesx9 felt like my head was going to explode on this one!), free motion pulldowns superset reverse pec deck, barbell bent row superset barbell shrug, and side serratus abs.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday April 23 - Off

The MAN actually held me down today (hardly ever happens) and I couldn't break away....ugh that pisses me off....I will be that much more fired up tomorrow.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday April 23 - Off

The MAN actually held me down today (hardly ever happens) and I couldn't break away....ugh that pisses me off....I will be that much more fired up tomorrow.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but whats the MAN? Im looking forward to the preworkout ingredients to be released!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
LOL.

The "man" is my Job. I also work a full time job as a manager at an economic litigation consulting firm.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL.

The "man" is my Job. I also work a full time job as a manager at an economic litigation consulting firm.
LOL Nice bro!! I gotta try some of your Bcaas and ill pick up some of your Pre workout stuff.. I have some early morning cardio sessions that i need to have something for and this sounds like itd do the job!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday April 24, 2008 - Arms

Really stressful day at work today. We have a draft of an expert report due at 3:00 am tonight and work is just crazy. I thought I was going to have to miss my workout for the second day in a row (and that never happens!) but there was a good turn of events. I was starting to crash around 6:00 pm so I popped some Core ZAP and things just got GOOD!...I seriously feel crazy posting this but something just hit me...we have been struggling with a problem for weeks at work and I had an epiphony around 7 pm...so I made a suggestion to the programmers/econometricians I work with, felt confident in my idea, went to train around 8:30pm, killed my arms (crazy pump and intensity), and then returned to work around 10pm to have the managing partner at my firm say: you did it! This problem has been causing us trouble for weeks. It was a great feeling. Core Zap focus? I don't know but I swear this stuff makes me feel high on life even when going through hell at work. If you know me, I am not one to hype anything, so you know I truly believe we put together a sweet formula.....My coworkers bug me for it every day to help them with the 15+ hour days...

On to the workout....I had to move fast but man did I have a pump. Seated support cable curls with strict form, spider preacher curls concentrating on the contraction, hammer bar curl superset reverse cable curls, preacher machine 21's, v-bar pushdown, hammer grip skullcrushers, rope pushdowns, close grip barbell press, barbell wrist curls superset dumbbell wrist curls, and rope abs. Great workout. I also ran into a top competitor in the NPC who is one of the favorites to win his IFBB procard at USA's and he had nice comments for me....that always makes you feel good coming from an elite athlete.

Its on. Team Miller in full force! I know Big Steph has been hitting it hard recently too....I can't wait to get back on schedule with her!

D

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Before I forget, I wanted to post my concluding thoughts on USP Labs beta test for their new "test booster."

I have tried many natural test boosters out their....you name it....Activate, Diesel test, Vitrix, etc...and there is just no comparison to this one. I ran it for 8 weeks. For the first 4 weeks it was awesome! My intensity levels were off the charts, my strength was going up (rapidly) and my sleep was unbelievable. One downside was that because my workouts were so intense I should have taken a couple extra rest days to let my CNS recover.

I got sick pretty bad around week 4-6 but as soon as I fought it off, the same intensity was back and my strength came back rapidly. I think Jacob really is going to hit a home run with this one. I just hope it comes out soon (or at least hope he has an extra stash available for me :)).

I can only imagine this stacked precontest with AP, Pslin, Supercissus, Recreate, Core ABC, and Core ZAP. I know what I will be running next contest season!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday April 25, 2008 - Hams and Calves

Good workout tonight. Seated leg curl, laying leg curl, dumbbell step up (worked up to 100s), stiff leg deadlifts (got 405x8 after all that other ham work so I was very happy with this), one leg standing curls, seated calves, hammer squat machine calves, and v-situps.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Saturday April 26, 2008 - Shoulders/Traps

Had to work most of the day but got a chance to step away and train with Steph. We killed shoulders. It was one of those day where we could have kept on going and going and going....Also got interrupted by two dingleberries today in the middle of my sets....I won't even go into the stories lol.

Barbell military, dumbbell lateral raises superset front raises superset one arm dumbbell presses (these are absolutely killer), rear delt raises on incline bench superset reverse pec deck, barbell shrugs, dumbbell upright rows superset cable front raises, machine press superset hammer shrugs superset plate raises, and weighted ab machine.....shewww that was a lot but it felt great!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lookin good my man lookin good. Im lookin forward to CoreZAP!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Sun April 27, 2008 - Quads and Calves

Still running on much less sleep than usual but had a very intense workout non the less. I just hit hams and calves 2 days ago but because this is the last week push for my project at work, I wanted to make sure I got into the gym when I could and there was a little break in the action at work tonight. I decided to mix things up tonight and tried some GVT (German Volume Training). I did 10x10 ATG barbell squats with 315 (Probably could have used 335 or 345) on set 10 I hit 15 reps. Good pump. At this point in time the intensity from ZAP was really kicking in so we moved on to 10x10 leg extensions (walking funny at this point) and then we finished off with 10x10 (deep stretch) on the standing calve raise machine. Finished up with some hanging leg raises. I definitely was able to get fired up and I sweat completely through my clothes. Good stuff.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Will keep it short tonight.

Monday April 28, 2008 - Chest and Tris

Another good workout on little sleep. Incline barbell, flat barbell, incline one arm hammer, cable flys superset wide hammer press squeezes, overhead dumbbell extensions (150 felt light), dumbbell deep skullcrushers, cable pushdowns, ab machine.

Tuesday April 29, 2008 - Back and Bis

Really mixed it up again tonight and I was totally drenched! More GVT but this time for my back. 10x10 barbell rows with 315, 10x10 high hammer neutral grip pulldowns, 10x10 cable preacher curls, and side serratus cable abs. Was in and out in about an hour but I was drenched. Back to work. Only 72 more hours!

Scrivener

Awards
Sun April 27, 2008 - Quads and Calves

Still running on much less sleep than usual but had a very intense workout non the less. I just hit hams and calves 2 days ago but because this is the last week push for my project at work, I wanted to make sure I got into the gym when I could and there was a little break in the action at work tonight. I decided to mix things up tonight and tried some GVT (German Volume Training). I did 10x10 ATG barbell squats with 315 (Probably could have used 335 or 345) on set 10 I hit 15 reps. Good pump. At this point in time the intensity from ZAP was really kicking in so we moved on to 10x10 leg extensions (walking funny at this point) and then we finished off with 10x10 (deep stretch) on the standing calve raise machine. Finished up with some hanging leg raises. I definitely was able to get fired up and I sweat completely through my clothes. Good stuff.
So... who is this "we" you are talking about? Whoever it is, he must be pretty tough to hang with you on a workout like that!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday April 30, 2008 - Off

Off day today. Legs and back are tore up!

Thursday May 1, 2008 - Shoulders and Traps

Only one more day left until our deadline. Still running on little sleep. I was able to step out of the office tonight to crush shoulders/traps. I popped some Core Zap around 8:30 pm and then tore it up on the gym. More GVT training tonight and I hit 40 sets of shoulder/traps in 55 minutes. I was soaked and pumped.
Dumbbell military 10x10, dumbbell lat raises superset rear delt fly machine 10x10 and 10x10, barbell shrugs 10x10, and then 4 sets of rope abs. Fun workout! One more day until I can SLEEP!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday May 2, 2008 - off

Another 18 hour day but its all over at 3 am tonight.

Saturday May 3, 2008 - Quads, Hams, calves

AWESOME workout today. Since the craziness is finished at work I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders and squats just felt light today LOL. Barbell squats (after heavy working sets I banged out 315x25 ATG and felt like I may have had a couple more), laying leg curl superset leg press, walking barbell lunges (worked up to 245x8 steps each leg) superset leg extensions, seated leg curl superset outer thigh machine superset inner thigh machine, seated calves, free motion toe press calves, straight legs ups! ZAP had me in the zone today I felt like I could have gone for hours!

Sunday May 4, 2008 - Chest,Shoulders, Lat Width

Another awesome work with the wife today. I hit PRs on a number of exercises. Flat dumbbell press (140sx7), barbell upright row, wide hammer lat pulldown, incline leverage plate loaded press, smith machine military, close grip pulldowns, flat fly machine, side cable twists.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Monday May 5, 2008 - Arms

Steph and I crushed arms today. My biceps were sore already on the way home. Rope pushdowns, heavy barbell loose form curls (worked up to 195x5 drop to 135x17), skullcrushers (hit a plate and a quarter for 8 deep reps), hammer curls (worked up to 110s), hammer strength tricep dip machine, hammer strength preacher curls, rope hammer curls, ab machine. I felt strong and had a nice pump. I have been upping my AP/PSLIN to 3 AP and 2 PSLIN per day and can tell a difference.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday May 6, 2008 - Cardio

40 minutes incline treadmill. Cardio is a breeze with ZAP :) I hate cardio in the offseason because it is so boring but I do it....but it is actually fun on ZAP and some good music!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday May 7, 2008 - Back thickness

Woot! Woot! Awesome workout tonight. Simply awesome! If anyone wants to try a ridiculous preworkout combo try this. 1.5 hours preworkout pop a serving of Core ZAP, 1.25 hours pre workout have 1 AP and 1 PSLIN, 15 minutes later have 1 serving Core MRP+1 cup of oats, 30 minutes preworkout have 2 scoops Core ABC and a serving of Shock Therapy, immediately preworkout have 3 Powerfull and 2 Supercissus. My pump, power, intensity, focus, and strength was through the rough! It also helped that Steph told me earlier today that she pulled 275x9 trap bar deadlifts at a bodyweight of 130!

At a body weight of 214.6 I hit a barbell deadlift Page Ranking (that I last set when I was 223 last offseason). I hit 545x6 and went up to 555 for the first time. My goal is 545x10 and 585x4 by the end of the summer. That is ambitious but I will try. I also finished up with 425x17 as a burnout. We then went to heavy barbell rows, high hammer rows, t-bar support rows superset hammer strength shrugs, rope pulldowns superset reverse pecdeck, and side serratus abs. Lets hope this continues. I am aiming for 225 bodyweight by the fall/winter while staying relatively lean.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday May 8, 2008 - Chest/Shoulders/Calves

Good workout tonight...I felt very full and strong and had a great pump. Incline smith press, decline hammer press, flat fly machine, machine military, lat raise machine, barbell front raise superset around the world raises, standing calves, seated calves, and v-situps.

Friday May 9, 2008 - Cardio

40 min incline treadmill. Getting ready for the figure competition seminar Steph and I are giving tomorrow.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Saturday May 10, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Steph and I gave a seminar for figure competitors today and then went to crush legs! I popped some ZAP and was off to set some more PRs. Totally crushed the hack squats today. Hit PRs on all sets (5 plates each side ATG feet close x 16 and hit 6 plates for the first time). Moved on to leg press superset barbell squats, seated leg curls superset hammer squat machine wide and deep, smith lunges, leg extensions superset laying leg curl, inner and outer thigh, and straight leg ups. Great workout. It is now Monday and my legs are wrecked!

Sunday May 11, 2008 - Off

Took today off to go to Busch Gardens. Tons of walking (legs are hurting).

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Monday May 12, 2008 - Chest/Back/Traps

Steph and I hit Chest and Back to day. It was INSANELY hot in the gym and I was having a very hard time breathing....I like to train in layers but had to strip down to only a thin t-shirt it was so hot in there. I was complete drenched. It was a great workout and I had a very good pump. My strength was also good. Flat barbell bench, t-bar rows, incline hammer press, hammer pulldowns, seated free motion flys superset free motion pulldowns, dumbbell shrugs, and side serratus abs.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday May 13, 2008 - Arms and Calves

Left work early today to test drive cars. Everything I have driven/read about I like. It will make the decision hard.

Today we hit arms and calves. Once again I was sweating like a champ. Not sure why. The only change recently is that I upped my AP and PSLIN (and I also popped 2g of tyrosine before my workout). Everything felt light tonight. Straight bar pushdown (PR), dumbbell supinate curls (worked up to the 100s), ez curl skullcrushers (PR - plate and a quarter each side for 10 good reps), slow incline hammer curls, one arm overhead dumbbells, preacher curl machine superset reverse ez curls, seated calves (PR), free motion toe presses, and rope cable abs.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday May 14, 2008 - Shoulders/Traps

Felt very strong and pumped again tonight although my left shoulder was bothering me a little. Smith military (275 down to the collar bone), seated super-strict lat raises (great pump), slow barbell shrugs superset face pulls, lat raise machine superset machine military, rear delt fly machine superset cable front raises, dumbell shrugs, and ab machine.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday May 15, 2008 - Hams and Calves

Really good one tonight! Steph and I hit Hams and Calves hard. Started with SLDL and I hit a PR of 405x15 and 435x8. We then did seated leg curls, really wide and slow smith squats butt all the way in the hole (worked up to 365), laying leg curl, butt blaster, toe press machine superset standing calves, weighted ab roller machine. I felt very full and strong today. We're heading out of town for the weekend (company retreat at Nemacolin, PA). Should be nice to get away. We will hit up some different gyms on the trip.

Small delay in Core ZAP. It should ship next Tuesday.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday May 15, 2008 - Hams and Calves

Really good one tonight! Steph and I hit Hams and Calves hard. Started with SLDL and I hit a PR of 405x15 and 435x8. We then did seated leg curls, really wide and slow smith squats butt all the way in the hole (worked up to 365), laying leg curl, butt blaster, toe press machine superset standing calves, weighted ab roller machine. I felt very full and strong today. We're heading out of town for the weekend (company retreat at Nemacolin, PA). Should be nice to get away. We will hit up some different gyms on the trip.

Small delay in Core ZAP. It should ship next Tuesday.

nice work out .. im new here, so ill try following up with this now .. and is Core ZAP the only suppliment u take ?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Nice routine ya got going here!

Man I don't see how you work 10 hr. days and run a supplement company....all the while finding time to work out. I am definitely in awe my friend!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
nice work out .. im new here, so ill try following up with this now .. and is Core ZAP the only suppliment u take ?

No. Core ZAP is our (Core Nutritionals) new preworkout stimulant and focus supplement. I supplement with a number of different products.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Nice routine ya got going here!

Man I don't see how you work 10 hr. days and run a supplement company....all the while finding time to work out. I am definitely in awe my friend!
Thanks buddy! I live a hectic lift for sure. I am lucky that I have such a great wife who is also super busy, and supportive, and willing to train with me :chick:

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday May 16, 2008 - Chest and Tris

Traveling today to my company retreat so we stopped in Frederick MD on the way to PA to train at a Golds. Decent chest workout for early in the morning but my left shoulder was a little tight and my elbows were a little sore. Incline barbell press, steep incline hammer machine, single arm flat hammer presses, deep incline flyes superset flat press machine, overhead french press cables, v-pushdowns, tricep dip machine superset tricep press out in front machine, lower ab machine.

Saturday May 17, 2008 - Off

Off day today. Had an 80 minute deep tissue massage although the lady wasn't really strong enough for me. I told her she could go a little deeper and I could feel her hands shaking lol.

Sunday May 18, 2008 - Back and Biceps

On our way back from the retreat we stopped in Hagerstown, MD to train at a Golds. I was sweating like a pig again today and really crushed it. Barbell bent rows (PR 405x12), close grip weighted pullups (worked up to 2x45s), one arm dumbbell rows (3 sets of 20x150 - too light but man was a breathing on these), reverse grip MTS pulldowns superset slow dumbbell shrug, row machine, seated curl machine, barbell curls superset reverse ez curl, high single arm curl machine, ab crunch machine.

Monday May 19, 2008 - Cardio

40 minutes incline treadmill. Man ZAP is the bomb pre-cardio!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday May 20, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Awesome workout tonight. Felt really strong on everything. The gym was super crowded tonight but Steph and I were focused and really crushed it. We got interrupted multiple times by some dingleberries but just kept on pushing forward. Barbell squats (405x10 deep reps - PR this year, I may have done more before when I was heavier; worked up to 445 drop to 315); Deep plate loaded squat machine superset ATG feet close hack squats, leg press machine superset glute ham hyperextensions, laying leg curls, walking dumbell lunges (I was drenched at this point but was able to get 100sx10 steps each leg), and straight leg raises. Felt really strong and full tonight.

With the increased AP and Pslin my weight has been steadily climbing and I feel like I am also getting tighter. I upped my carbs and dropped my protein also.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday May 21, 2008 - Chest, Shoulders, and Lats.

Really awesome workout tonight. I felt large (which is unusual for me) tonight. This guy came up to me tonight and asked me how long I have been working out and how long it took "to get that big." I told him 3 weeks with a straight face LOL you should have seen the look on his face ha. I also noticed Steph looked more muscular than usual. We have been making good gains training together recently so I hope it continues.

Flat dumbbell bench (PR 130x12 and 140x7), cable upright row, close grip lat pulldown, incline leverage press (PR), machine military, neutral grip pulldown machine, fly machine, weight side abs.

Off to the beach for 5 days so I will talk to you'll when I return.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday May 22, 2008 - Arms and Calves

Trained arms and calves in Ocean City, MD today. Small Golds Gym but they played much better music than the Backstreet Boys cr@p they play around DC LOL. Did not go super heavy today (elbows sore) but I had a ridiculous pump. Straight bar pushdowns, dumbbell skullcrushers, rope pushdowns, plate loaded preacher curls, seated hammer curls, high cable curls superset rope hammer curls, standing calves, toe press calve machine, and ab machine.

Friday May 23, 2008 - Off

Hour walk in the morning by the beach.

Saturday May 24, 2008 - Back thickness and traps

I usually don't like to deadlift at different gyms but I had a great workout today and matched or bettered my PRs on every set of deadlifts. After deadlifts we moved on to t-bar machine, neutral grip hammer strength pulldowns, barbell rows superset barbell shrugs, high rope pulldowns superset rear delt fly machine, and side serratus cable abs.

Sunday May 25, 2008 - Chest and shoulders

We were short on time today so we moved very fast but I will still able to have a very strong workout. Incline barbell press (felt very strong), Strive flat press (awkward), flat fly machine, Strive shoulder press, seated strict lat raises superset rope front raises, cable side lateral raises, and rope crunches.

Monday May 26, 2008 - Off

45-60 minutes walk outside

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday May 27, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Love crushing the legs. Started with Hack squats and set a PR (5 plates each side x 19). I then moved on to leg press superset barbell squats (legs fried by now), seated leg curls (PR) superset leg extensions, plate loaded squat machine superset one leg standing leg curl, one leg smith split squats (PR), inner and outer thigh, and v-situps. Great day!!! ZAP in effect!!! I find stacking the ZAP with an NO preworkout supplement is just insane! I love it!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday May 28, 2008 - Chest and Back (and traps)

Another great workout today although my elbows have been bothering me lately. Flat barbell bench (I suck at bench but I am finally repping with 315 which is very good for me), barbell bent rows (got 365x18 and 435x10 PR), incline hammer press (PR 4 plates and a 25 each side for 5 reps immediately drop to 3 plates each side for 16), reverse grip hammer pulldown (great squeeze), fly machine superset dumbbell shrug, spreading lat machine pulldown, side serratus abs.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday May 30, 3008 - Shoulders/Traps

Trained at Body Dynamics in the Philadelphia area today. Great shoulder workout. ZAP makes me sweat like crazy and I love it. Also had a great pump. Hammer shoulder press, shoulder press machine, plate loaded shrug machine superset rear delt fly machine, seated lateral raise-front raise combo, lateral raise machine superset cable upright row, barbell shrugs, 1 set of rear delt cable flys, and rope abs.

Saturday May 31, 2009 - Cardio

25 min incline treadmill and 15 mins bike.

Sunday June 1, 2008 - Quads and calves

What better way to kick off the month than with legs! Trained at a different gym again today. Leg press, hack squats, upside down leg press superset leg extension, high dumbbell step ups, inner thigh machine, seated calves, standing calves.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Monday June 2, 2008 - Chest

Had a soso workout tonight. My elbows have been really sore and my left shoulder/pec tie-in has been irritated so I just didn't have it all in me tonight. Tried to focus on squeezing and holding more than anything. Flat dumbbell press, incline hammer press, incline machine (very slow negatives with squeeze), cable flys (squeeze), decline hammer press (holds at top), lower ab raises. First soso workout in a while...my mind was a little elsewhere as my three different jobs were weighing heavily on my mind tonight. I hate that! No ZAP tonight.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday June 3, 3008 - Back

Blasted back tonight. Had to make up for last nights so-so workout so I popped some ZAP and crushed some PRs. I got 545x7 (PR) on deadlifts and then pulled 565 for the first time. I then did 425 x 18. We then moved on to t-bars and I pulled 405x11 and tried 415 for the first time. Then we went to slow squeeze barbell rows, high hammer rows (felt strong but was really winded at this point), free motion lat pulldown superset with a couple of sets of rear delt pec deck, and side serratus abs. AWESOME workout tonight. Man was I sweating like a pig! Here are some videos.

545x7 deadlifts
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

425x18 burn out

9 plate x 11 t-bar row

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Awesome lift doug.. I'm destroying some PR's with Zap in my sponsored log as well. Can't wait to see where this takes me!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday June 4, 2008 - Arms

Good workout tonight. My back is tore up from last night's back attack so I really tried to just burn it out and really squueze the arms tonight. Elbows still sore. Very good pump though. No ZAP tonight. One arm free motion pulldowns, out in front press machine, slow rope pushdowns, deep dumbbell skullcrushers, incline dumbbell curls, Zottman curls, slow cable preacher curls, concentration curls, rope hammer curl superset top forearm curls, standing ab machine.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday June 5, 2008 - Hams and Calves

Oh Yeah!!!!! Strength through the roof!!!! Seated leg curls (PR stack plus 35), walking barbell lunges (back still tight from Tuesday but got a PR 225x12 and then 255x8), laying leg curl (stack plus 25), glute ham hyperextensions, outer thigh machine, standing calves (PR stack plus 3x45s), seated calves, straight leg raises.

Here is a video of walking lunges 225x12 each leg. My meathead workout partner had the 255x8 on tape but he forgot to hit the record button LOL.

It growing season!!!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday June 6, 2008 - Shoulders/Traps

Awesome workout today. Just felt in the zone. Barbell military, dumbbell military, barbell shrug, seated lat raise superset rear delt fly, smith machine upright rows, rear delt pec deck, rope abs. Sweating like crazy!

Saturday June 7, 2008 - Cardio

40 min incline treadmill

Sunday June 8, 2008 - Quads and calves

Simply awesome today. Popped some Core ZAP and then totally crushed quads. Smith machine ATG close stance squats (405 just felt light!), leg press superset hack squat ATG, leg extensions, inner thigh machine, seated calves, plate loaded toe press calves, ab machine. Knee felt good and strength was awesome.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Monday June 9, 2008 - Chest

Decent workout tonight. Not great. Not a Zap day. My elbows and shoulders have been pretty achy lately so my chest workouts have been somewhat affected. I have been gaining a decent amount of strength in my legs, back, arms, basically everywhere except my chest. Time to try some shock techniques next week. Flat barbell, incline barbell, flat leverage press, incline smith press with holds and x-reps, incline cable fly, v-situps.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday June 10, 2008 - Back

Whoa!!! It was crazy hot today...100 and humid in DC and the air conditioning was not working in the gym today....OMG I probably lost about 10 pounds in sweat....the heat in combination with ZAP was insane! Had trouble catching my breath today but had a great workout. Loose form barbell bent rows (PR 405x14), low hammer row machine, reverse grip MTS pulldown machine, deadlifts (never do them this late in the workout but I was able to bang out 17 with 405! and then repped it out with 495...I was VERY happy with this this late in the workout), rope pulldowns superset rear delt pec deck, side serratus abs.

I got a Inzer power lifting belt today and I just don't like it....it is too darn thick and unformfortable. I will stick to my cloth belt on deadlifts....it is like I don't even have one on but it is very comfortable!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday June 11, 2004 - Shoulders and Arms

Tried something completely different today...did an extended version of GVT....it was kind of crazy. 10x10 machine military press, 10x10 hammer shrength shrug superset 10x10 dumbbell lateral raises, 10x10 rope pushdown superset 10x10 seated hammer curls, 10x10 tricep did machine superset 10x10 preacher curls machine. Now the weights were relatively light compared to what I normally do but this was a crazy workout....pump and sweat were crazy and it was a nice break from always going to failure.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Thursday June 12, 2008 - Hams and calves

Had to train early this morning because Steph and I are going to Orlando today through Sunday. I hate training early in the morning but popped some ZAP and was ready to rock. I was drenched and really crushed it for a morning workout. Laying leg curl, smith lunges, barbell stiff leg (already beat up at this poiont but still managed to get 405x10), seated leg curl, outer thigh machine, seated calves, standing calves, and straight leg raises.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Friday June 13, 2008 - Off

Off day today but we spent 10 hours on our feet today. Steph and I were in Florida at the Vitamin Shoppe Management Conference promoting USP Labs products. Although I am the owner of Core Nutritionals, we truly believe in USP Labs products and the direction this company is going. They are one of the truly great supplement companies in this industry and Steph and I will continue to promote their products! Jon and Jacob at USP Labs are class acts! Although I expected Jacob to be a bit more scrappy; he is a tall/big dude LOL.

Saturday June 14, 2008 - Off

Spent the day at MGM/Disney.

Sunday June 15, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Steph and I absolutely crushed it today! I found an awesome new preworkout protocol. Core ZAP about 1 hour 15 mins preworkout, 100+ grams of carbs + 1 AP + 1 pslin one hour preworkout, and then 2-3 scoops of Core ABC + 5 g creatine about 15-30 minutes preworkout. Our intensity was through the roof today and we had a great food pump!!! ATG Hack squats feet close (PR 5 plates each side x20), walking dumbell lunges (got up to 120s), laying leg curls, barbell squats, leg press superset leg extensions, straight leg ups! Absolutely awesome day today!

Doug hack squats feet close ATG (5 plates each sidex20)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exifhq91ELw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Doug walking lunges 110s
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6WDe-TBYg"]YouTube - Doug Miller Pro BodyBuilder Core Nutritionals Lunges 110's[/ame]

Doug walking lunges 120s (after further review, a major dingleberry distracted me before my set and I grabed one 115 LOL)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD-gsX4lcW0"]YouTube - Doug Miller Pro BodyBuilder Core Nutritionals Lunges 120's[/ame]

Steph walking lunges 80's (at a bodyweight of 133!)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkTN2zNok4E"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Steph walking lunges 85's (form broke a little here but I was so impressed with this!)
shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eGgxPBop8

THERE IS NO OFFSEASON!!!!!!