Green Mag Sqirts

1. Diamond Member
    Answers

Green Mag Sqirts

I have been getting diarhea from my Green Mag. I have been taking it on an empty stomach. Today was my carb up day and I had no problems, but that was due to the solid meal I consumed right after drinking my Green Mag. It works well but this poo thing has been bothering me. I don't really know if its the food though because I also took AP. What makes me wonder if its the food or not is that I take it pre-workout without food and make sure I run to the bathroom a few times before going to the gym, otherwise I would need a toilet underneath the "Squat rack"....So even several hours after my workout and after a few solid meals the problem continues. I guess tommorow I will try a protein drink immediately after drinking the Green Mag, then leave for the gym and see what happens....

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I have been getting diarhea from my Green Mag. I have been taking it on an empty stomach. Today was my carb up day and I had no problems, but that was due to the solid meal I consumed right after drinking my Green Mag. It works well but this poo thing has been bothering me. I don't really know if its the food though because I also took AP. What makes me wonder if its the food or not is that I take it pre-workout without food and make sure I run to the bathroom a few times before going to the gym, otherwise I would need a toilet underneath the "Squat rack"....So even several hours after my workout and after a few solid meals the problem continues. I guess tommorow I will try a protein drink immediately after drinking the Green Mag, then leave for the gym and see what happens....

ummm....great. I plan on starting my GreenMAG tomorrow. Better cross my fingers.

3. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Answers

well I cant help you with AP, but on another large message board they have been having a lot gastro issues with it.

some people are sensitive to magnesium when they start green mga, so yous hould either split the dose to half preworkout and half post workout and/or have some carbs with it.

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CONTROLLED LABS View Post
    well I cant help you with AP, but on another large message board they have been having a lot gastro issues with it.

some people are sensitive to magnesium when they start green mga, so yous hould either split the dose to half preworkout and half post workout and/or have some carbs with it.
    I just don't like eating pre-workout. I will try a protein drink pre-workout tommorow with 4.5 carbs. I hope that will be enough, as I don't like to have carbs pre-workout. To tell you the truth though, I do a lot better on an empty stomach.

5. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    Answers

The CM in some can cause some stomach discomfort take half the dose for a few days to see your tolerance and increase as you see fit

6. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    Answers

I just don't like eating pre-workout. I will try a protein drink pre-workout tommorow with 4.5 carbs. I hope that will be enough, as I don't like to have carbs pre-workout. To tell you the truth though, I do a lot better on an empty stomach.
    protein preworkout makes many guys nauseated. try just carbs, like 20-30 grams.

also, leave out the AP for awhile so you can isolate the reason, becuase that has had a lot of people with stomach issues on the other major boards.

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I'm pretty sure it's the AP. I've run a bottle of AP and had gastro issue with it for the entire run. I'm now using Green Mag with no issues at all.

8. Controlled Labs Board Rep
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SW52 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the AP. I've run a bottle of AP and had gastro issue with it for the entire run. I'm now using Green Mag with no issues at all.
    I have heard alot os people say that the AP will cause gastro issues and has been one of the biggest complaints about AP

9. Diamond Member
    Answers

Well, all of a sudden I am sick today. Sore throat, and a cold. I think I am going to stop the Green Mag for now. Actually though AP makes my stomach feel a lot better. My IBS usually acts up when I eat carbs, but after AP I feel a lot better.

10. New Member
    Answers

If you do have IBS, the magnesium may irritate it. Have you tried half dosing yet?

11. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ddawg91 View Post
    If you do have IBS, the magnesium may irritate it. Have you tried half dosing yet?
    I have not tryed half dosing yet. I am stoping it today since I am sick. When I feel better I will try that.
    I was diagnosed about 15 years ago with IBS. Since I started a carb cycling diet though the low carb portion helps out tremendously. Its during my carb up that I really have had the problems. Since I started AP though the problems have been significantly reduced. Protein doesn't bother me, its the carbs that really make my IBS symptoms act up.

12. New Member
    Answers

I have not tryed half dosing yet. I am stoping it today since I am sick. When I feel better I will try that.
    I was diagnosed about 15 years ago with IBS. Since I started a carb cycling diet though the low carb portion helps out tremendously. Its during my carb up that I really have had the problems. Since I started AP though the problems have been significantly reduced. Protein doesn't bother me, its the carbs that really make my IBS symptoms act up.

Keep us posted on how it goes. Interesting about the carbs and IBS, but glad something is helping out with it.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Renegade Investigates Green MAG
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 12:37 AM
  2. First Dose (Again) of Green Mag
    By T-Bone in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 05:18 PM
  3. Green mag during workout?
    By rysigpi in forum Controlled Labs