Venture Bars

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those that aren't aware, Controlled Labs is releasing a protein bar by the name of Venture Bar. They'll be released soon :)

Check Controlled Labs out on Facebook as well as https://www.facebook.com/VentureBars/ and on Twitter

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454038019.453044.jpg

Here's the finished Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454038043.930487.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454038053.468586.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can't wait to try!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty awesome!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I know choc pb fudge is a tough combo for bars but that's easily my fav real life flavorings so I'm very excited to try them.
oh they did- its on another thread, trust me, im trying to weasel my way into this

"you have a pretty good list here, however

rocket and T bone are old- blood pressure issues, constipation etc-
puccah8808 - i have respect for you and love you but youll eat all of these at once cause they look good then youll post about being fat and stuff
mattie- that gooey goodness will get on your fingers, youll mess up your guitar
driven- not saying shyt as your a site rep lmao

seriously,

this a very good list of diverse members with extensive reviews and knowledge- hope you guys get this and look forward to the reviews

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Controlled Labs Venture Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Taste

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - There are lots of these bars out on the market. Some are good, some fall short on the CCCD Flavoring, and some are middle of the road. Upon first bite you get a small aftertaste of cookie dough. Nothing is very strong or prominent, but nothing too weak to not be noticed. Compared to Mission 1 and Fit Crunch CCCD bars which lack cookie dough flavor, this provides a good combination of chocolate and cookie dough to find a happy medium. Not as good as the old school quest bars, but a good tasting bar.

Texture

Upon opening the wrapper it is a oily. The bar is soft, and I would consider it a good mix between a harder mission 1 bar and a softer quest bar. The outer shell is similar to the cake like consistency of the inside of a fit crunch bar and combat crunch bar. These are great right out of the wrapper and would not need to be heated to be a great tasting bar right out of the wrapper.

9g Fat, 30g Carbs, and 20g Protein with 20g of fiber.
First ingredient is prebiotic Fiber, then WPI, Almond Butter (in a CCCD bar?), Chocolate Chps, Cocoa Extract, Coconut Oil and flavored with Stevia.

Pro's:
- Meets 67g/69g weight
- Good Macros + Ingredient Profile
- Great bar texture. Does not even need heated. Stronger than a Mission 1 Bar and not as hard as some quest bars.
- Good Flavor and both aspects can be tasted, one does not overpower the other.

Con's:
- Oily Texture
- Lacks chocolate chip's (had 3 total)
- Chocolate Chip Flavor could be stronger

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Controlled Labs Venture Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Taste

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough - There are lots of these bars out on the market. Some are good, some fall short on the CCCD Flavoring, and some are middle of the road. Upon first bite you get a small aftertaste of cookie dough. Nothing is very strong or prominent, but nothing too weak to not be noticed. Compared to Mission 1 and Fit Crunch CCCD bars which lack cookie dough flavor, this provides a good combination of chocolate and cookie dough to find a happy medium. Not as good as the old school quest bars, but a good tasting bar.

Texture

Upon opening the wrapper it is a oily. The bar is soft, and I would consider it a good mix between a harder mission 1 bar and a softer quest bar. The outer shell is similar to the cake like consistency of the inside of a fit crunch bar and combat crunch bar. These are great right out of the wrapper and would not need to be heated to be a great tasting bar right out of the wrapper.

9g Fat, 30g Carbs, and 20g Protein with 20g of fiber.
First ingredient is prebiotic Fiber, then WPI, Almond Butter (in a CCCD bar?), Chocolate Chps, Cocoa Extract, Coconut Oil and flavored with Stevia.

Pro's:
- Meets 67g/69g weight
- Good Macros + Ingredient Profile
- Great bar texture. Does not even need heated. Stronger than a Mission 1 Bar and not as hard as some quest bars.
- Good Flavor and both aspects can be tasted, one does not overpower the other.

Con's:
- Oily Texture
- Lacks chocolate chip's (had 3 total)
- Chocolate Chip Flavor could be stronger

Thank you so much for making this post!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had the coconut almond today - it was SO good. Sweet and gooey but not messy at all. Would right swipe!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got around to trying the coconut almond:

Taste was good. Very subtle coconut and almond flavor. Not overpowering but not bland. Way better than a quest bar IMO.

It was definitely oily and a bit chewy and tough... Sort of like laffy taffy. Heated it for 5-10 seconds and it was delicious. Very satisfying and very tasty.

Although I am a fan of the textured bars, I would eat a venture bar over Quest. Quest have a fake taste to me. Venture tasted like real coconut and real almond.

TL;DR: it tasted great, has a solid profile, and is a solid option for quest lovers. It was a bit chewy at first, but after heating up it was no issue.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Got around to trying the coconut almond:

Taste was good. Very subtle coconut and almond flavor. Not overpowering but not bland. Way better than a quest bar IMO.

It was definitely oily and a bit chewy and tough... Sort of like laffy taffy. Heated it for 5-10 seconds and it was delicious. Very satisfying and very tasty.

Although I am a fan of the textured bars, I would eat a venture bar over Quest. Quest have a fake taste to me. Venture tasted like real coconut and real almond.

TL;DR: it tasted great, has a solid profile, and is a solid option for quest lovers. It was a bit chewy at first, but after heating up it was no issue.
I definitely can see the laffy taffy feel on the coconut almond - and like you said, I still really enjoy them. Glad it was good to you and thanks for the detail!