This is amazing...

  1. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Answers
    0

    This is amazing...


    My jaw just dropped.

    Golden Gains - 24.99



  2. Registered User
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Answers
    0


    what is the price or the product?

    as a product i dont see anything amazing about it. in view of it being in the main a protein /carb drink , i assume its to be taken post wo.However i would have thought in your arsenal of supplements you would have a whey protein powder and some simple carbs already.
    vegetables and fruit should be part of your daily diet anyway and a powder version of them is no substitute.
    similarly the good fats featured can be bought as an oil bottled from the health store or supermarket, good fats can be found in walnut oil which i buy regularly MCTS were all the rage at one time but are not necessary .
    as for the final batch of aminos and minerals i havent a clue without doing research onh google but may have something to do with replacing electrolytes and taurine can act as an insulin mimiker

    so youve probably gathered i personally wouldnt waste my money even if it is on offer.
  3. Registered User
    Jabb's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Age
    39
    Posts
    90
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    what is the price or the product?

    as a product i dont see anything amazing about it. in view of it being in the main a protein /carb drink , i assume its to be taken post wo.However i would have thought in your arsenal of supplements you would have a whey protein powder and some simple carbs already.
    vegetables and fruit should be part of your daily diet anyway and a powder version of them is no substitute.
    similarly the good fats featured can be bought as an oil bottled from the health store or supermarket, good fats can be found in walnut oil which i buy regularly MCTS were all the rage at one time but are not necessary .
    as for the final batch of aminos and minerals i havent a clue without doing research onh google but may have something to do with replacing electrolytes and taurine can act as an insulin mimiker

    so youve probably gathered i personally wouldnt waste my money even if it is on offer.
    He's a rep for Controlled Labs and it is a CL product. Not only that but it is half off. So if there are anyone who uses the product or were thinking of using it then that's a pretty good price.
    Last edited by Jabb; 01-13-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: I gots cornfuzzled.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    what is the price or the product?

    as a product i dont see anything amazing about it. in view of it being in the main a protein /carb drink , i assume its to be taken post wo.However i would have thought in your arsenal of supplements you would have a whey protein powder and some simple carbs already.
    vegetables and fruit should be part of your daily diet anyway and a powder version of them is no substitute.
    similarly the good fats featured can be bought as an oil bottled from the health store or supermarket, good fats can be found in walnut oil which i buy regularly MCTS were all the rage at one time but are not necessary .
    as for the final batch of aminos and minerals i havent a clue without doing research onh google but may have something to do with replacing electrolytes and taurine can act as an insulin mimiker

    so youve probably gathered i personally wouldnt waste my money even if it is on offer.
    For 24.99 it's a steal, and it works great as a Post workout or MRP.
    Thanks for your opinion though, I appreciate everyone's feedback. It's what makes us a better company!

    You can see, having the carb source be so healthy, and not Malto like alot of "gainers". We've added the fruits and veggies as you say. Protein source is a nice blend of casein and whey.

    It's all how you look at it: glass half empty - or full?
  5. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor
    pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,148
    Answers
    0


    Holy STEAL batman !!!
  6. Registered User
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Answers
    0


    [QUOTE=RenegadeRows;2714929]For 24.99 it's a steal, and it works great as a Post workout or MRP.
    Thanks for your opinion though, I appreciate everyone's feedback. It's what makes us a better company!

    You can see, having the carb source be so healthy, and not Malto like alot of "gainers". We've added the fruits and veggies as you say. Protein source is a nice blend of casein and whey.

    It's all how you look at it: glass half empty - or full?[/QUOTE

    IMO
    the product is aimed at the beginner who are usually so naive that they can be cajouled into buying anything especially when along with it comes a load of marketing hype and a picture of a bodybuilder alongside the product.

    im not saying that that has happened in this case but its not until you have a few years experience that eventually you become a little synical and fed up of reading about the claims which fail to deliver.
  7. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Answers
    0


    Not sure I'm making the connection? There's alot of experienced athletes that use GGS. It's a good formula, and it tastes delicious! And that's a really good price!
  8. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor
    pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,148
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    .....claims which fail to deliver.
    I think our product key attributes and claims are VERY straightforward... even MORE SO when compared to our competitors.
  9. Registered User
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    I think our product key attributes and claims are VERY straightforward... even MORE SO when compared to our competitors.
    the final paragraph was an observation which i see is happening in the BB supplement industry as a whole
  10. jin
    jin is offline
    Registered User
    jin's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    376
    Answers
    0


    looks like an awesome recipe.
    i am all for whole food "supps" - especially dried and powdered.
    a perfect recovery profile, especially with fast and slow proteins...

    i have been known to drop a green powder supp into my post shake, aiming for a similar goal.
    at the same time, i always wondered what this golden gains thing was...

    you got a winner here, cl.
    nice.
  11. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    looks like an awesome recipe.
    i am all for whole food "supps" - especially dried and powdered.
    a perfect recovery profile, especially with fast and slow proteins...

    i have been known to drop a green powder supp into my post shake, aiming for a similar goal.
    at the same time, i always wondered what this golden gains thing was...

    you got a winner here, cl.
    nice.
    Thank you! And the taste... so good

    Nows the time to try it out, thats the cheapest I've ever seen it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Amazing
    By Bowhunternp in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
  2. Emu Oil is AMAZING!
    By Synicus in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 05:41 AM
  3. Amazing PCT
    By ripped22 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 11:22 PM
  4. AMAZING!
    By glenihan in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in