• What Being Fit Costs



      By Cavino Johnson Athletic Xtreme

      The Cost of Being Fit

      So, you’ve trained, changed your eating habits, dropped the weight, made the sacrifices, changed your lifestyle for the good and it took many months or even years!! Your supporters are proud of you. They all wish that they had your discipline, drive and commitment. You’re an inspiration to them. What many people don’t know are the dark parts of your healthy lifestyle journey. Only a small handful of your closest family and friends KNOW what you have been through.

      The Good

      You decide to share your journey on social media, showing your “before and after” pictures. You post the ever popular “selfies” after a great training session. You post a picture of you flexing in the brand new jeans or shirt you weren’t able to wear before. Then, it begins…

      The Bad

      Your pics become flooded with comments. Most of them positive but they are soon followed by extreme negativity. These come with the intent to sting, to hurt, to dismantle, and enrage. These comments come from complete strangers. People that have no intention of ever apologizing. Their only intention is to focus on making you feel weak and small.

      The Shameful

      It is shameful that people find it necessary to belittle the ones that have, will and do whatever it takes. There are times when these physical transformations come with a transformed mind state. One filled with an ego with an “I’m better than you” attitude. Which is just as damaging. But, that’s not to say that all transformed adapt such a way of thinking. Most, are humble and willing to share their journey and want to help others accomplish their own.

      Why the bashing?

      You did all this work for the betterment of self, so why do people “hate” you for it? Usually, these comments of disapproval come from people that believe happiness comes from doing and having whatever you want, whenever you want. They believe that it shouldn’t have to go to that extreme of changing everything about yourself. It also comes from the insecurities of others. They hate what they see when they look at you because they, themselves, can not (or have never truly tried) achieve such incredible feats. What better way for them to feel better about their shortcomings than to “hate” on those that have accomplished goals that were set?

      There will always be those who will negate every positive thing you have done and will do. Here’s my advice. You have two options:
      a) let it get under your skin and derail your success
      b) learn to block it out.

      I have personally experienced similar behavior. It ranges from all things and the list continues. Here’s a few if you are interest:
      • Accused of steroids or other drugs to build muscle
      • Questions of my “obsession” or my commitment
      • Negative remarks due to the amount of work I’ve put into becoming what and who I am.



      It used to bother me, and, in a way, still does. Not because these individuals make me feel bad about myself, but because I can never figure out why. Why they are so against someone doing something good for themselves, especially when I am always readily willing to help. Do as you have been. Train hard. Forge the lifestyle you desire. It really is different than what most people do or how they see success. But, it is YOUR life. You live it and they don’t, so keep on living it. Steer clear of people that downplay your accomplishments and surround yourself with people that appreciate you and your journey. Sometimes these positive people can be more nourishing than the good foods you eat.

      Source: http://www.athleticx.net/articles/th...-of-being-fit/
      Comments 11 Comments
      1. Quatie's Avatar
        Quatie -
        I'd rather be fit than fat. Fcuk all the jealous idiots.
      1. EatMoar's Avatar
        EatMoar -
        Originally Posted by Quatie View Post
        I'd rather be fit than fat. Fcuk all the jealous idiots.
        Agreed. **** em they're just jealous of all the hard work we want to put in to transform our bodies.
      1. dannyuitz's Avatar
        dannyuitz -
        Good article and so true! Everyone asking oh yeah u taking roids...?!
        No ****tards I have been training for 20 years and watch what I eat all my life! It's gotta make a difference!
      1. gkusa001's Avatar
        gkusa001 -
        Originally Posted by Quatie View Post
        I'd rather be fit than fat. Fcuk all the jealous idiots.
        TOTES MAGOTES!
        lol
      1. JD261985's Avatar
        JD261985 -
        Originally Posted by dannyuitz View Post
        Good article and so true! Everyone asking oh yeah u taking roids...?! No ****tards I have been training for 20 years and watch what I eat all my life! It's gotta make a difference!
        Lol none of the users on this board or in many gyms and other fitness forums use steroids or other drugs. We're ALL natural right? How many times are the people bashing right about the drug use? A lot of the time. I had a back and forth with kris Gethin. He was trying to convince me that he's natural pulling every technique he could out of his ass including "we get drug tested" which was just insulting my intelligence. Funny to say the least. Found a study the other day that concluded healthy men who use PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE steroids( no underground BS) gained lean mass and burned fat with absolutely NO training while on. Even more so, the more testosterone that was injected the more gains the subjects had. I can post the link to the study if you'd like and btw. I have more than one study. Let the hating begin lol
      1. dannyuitz's Avatar
        dannyuitz -
        Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
        Lol none of the users on this board or in many gyms and other fitness forums use steroids or other drugs. We're ALL natural right? How many times are the people bashing right about the drug use? A lot of the time. I had a back and forth with kris Gethin. He was trying to convince me that he's natural pulling every technique he could out of his ass including "we get drug tested" which was just insulting my intelligence. Funny to say the least. Found a study the other day that concluded healthy men who use PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE steroids( no underground BS) gained lean mass and burned fat with absolutely NO training while on. Even more so, the more testosterone that was injected the more gains the subjects had. I can post the link to the study if you'd like and btw. I have more than one study. Let the hating begin lol
        Hahahha! Omg! No?!? Steroids cause muscle gain and fat loss?!? We didn't know that! Pls waste more time of ur life and post all the articles! Instead if doing work in the gym, yes explain us how it works coz we don't know... Smart ass.... Obviously based on ur great experience everyone with a decent physique has/have taken steroids! Congrat! U got this figured!
      1. Quatie's Avatar
        Quatie -
        Originally Posted by dannyuitz View Post
        Hahahha! Omg! No?!? Steroids cause muscle gain and fat loss?!? We didn't know that! Pls waste more time of ur life and post all the articles! Instead if doing work in the gym, yes explain us how it works coz we don't know... Smart ass.... Obviously based on ur great experience everyone with a decent physique has/have taken steroids! Congrat! U got this figured!
        I agree with him. All bodybuilders, fitness models and beefed up movie stars are all on a cocktail of drugs and they all deny it. The human body just isn't capable of gaining that much muscle naturally and in such a short amount of time, you can be either be big and fat or small and ripped naturally. With drugs you can be big and ripped. They are all sponsored by supplement company's and all want is people to buy their protein powders as if to say if you take this you will look like us. We all know that protein powder is just protein and its not going to turn you into Arnie.

        The truth is if they ever uttered a word about steroid use they would lose their sponcership. Its very easy to spot some one who is on steroids, they all have tell tale signs. I work in a gym and have been training for 17 years and see them come in as twigs and weeks later balloon up.
      1. dannyuitz's Avatar
        dannyuitz -
        20 years of training and diet planning I am talking about!!! Not celebrities getting ripped in 2 weeks! Just coz u guy don't have the commitment and the UNDERSTANDING doesn't mean u can't achieve great results! I am not a competitive bodybuilder! Wasn't talking for them! Talking about millions out there working hard! Don't take what I said out of context!
      1. Quatie's Avatar
        Quatie -
        Originally Posted by dannyuitz View Post
        20 years of training and diet planning I am talking about!!! Not celebrities getting ripped in 2 weeks! Just coz u guy don't have the commitment and the UNDERSTANDING doesn't mean u can't achieve great results! I am not a competitive bodybuilder! Wasn't talking for them! Talking about millions out there working hard! Don't take what I said out of context!
        It doesn't matter how many years someone has been training. Without drugs you won't look like The Rock for example. Naturals will have good physics but not great ones like drug lifters.

        I hope you were not talking about me when you said that we don't have the commitment and understanding. I train extremely hard and all I do is read about training everyday.
      1. dannyuitz's Avatar
        dannyuitz -
        If u say that 20 years of training doesn't matter well then u defenetly not doing something right...
      1. Quatie's Avatar
        Quatie -
        Originally Posted by dannyuitz View Post
        If u say that 20 years of training doesn't matter well then u defenetly not doing something right...
        For a natural I look really good. But put me next to someone on drugs and I don't look as good.

        Log in
        Log in