Training Like Jay Cutler - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Training Like Jay Cutler

By Stuart McRobert Iron Man Magazine

Q: Two years ago when I was 16 I decided to dedicate 10 years of my life to building a physique like Jay Cutlerís. Iím copying his training methods. Although Iím fully committed, and I train hard, eat well and sleep a lot, Iíve made little progress. How close to his physique do you think I can get?

A: When I was a teenager, I made a similar commitment. Arnold, Frank Zane and Sergio Oliva were among the biggest names back then.

I speak from experience. You can be dedicated to imitating Jayís training, but unless youíve inherited freakishly long muscle bellies and the other qualities required for building huge muscles, you wonít get even close to what heís achieved. After his first two years of bodybuilding Jay had made tremendous progress. That you havenít, despite your commitment, indicates that youíre a typical hardgainer, not a genetic phenomenon.

The years 16 to 26 cover a pivotal period that can shape your future. Your primary concerns over that period should be to get well educated and stay healthy. Make bodybuilding your main if not sole hobby, but keep it in perspective in the context of your overall life.

Thereís an irony here. If you train the way a hardgainer should rather than how a pro bodybuilder does, youíll make much better progress than youíre making now. The strategy Iím proposing not only will be good for your life as a whole but also will help your bodybuilding.

óStuart McRobert
      www.Hardgainer.com

Editorís note: Stuart McRobertís first byline in IRON MAN appeared in 1981. Heís the author of the new 638-page opus on bodybuilding Build Muscle, Lose Fat, Look Great, available from Home Gym Warehouse, (800) 447-0008, or www.Home-Gym.com.

Source: www.ironmanmagazine.com
      Comments 5 Comments
        CEDeoudes59 -
        the question clearly shows the ignorance of the person - even if he's "fully committed, and I train hard, eat well and sleep a lot," chances are he doesn't quite understand the nature of this sport
        cagallegos -
        "Ignorance" is a little harsh. At 18 years old he's not well read enough on the subject. He will understand more in time.
        ben850 -
        He is doing all he can at his age. Keep up the work! Sooner or later you will learn what works best for you. Maybe later on, if you want to continue to be serious, you can expand your horizons. For now, keep training hard and eat clean! Good luck.
        CEDeoudes59 -
        Originally Posted by cagallegos View Post
        "Ignorance" is a little harsh. At 18 years old he's not well read enough on the subject. He will understand more in time.
        my bad, thought it said '26'!
        Vengeance187 -
        Hasn't anyone told this guy that the pros take steroids by now? EVERYONE in the Arnold Classic, Mr. Universe, etc. are on steroids, growth hormone, insulin, etc. If you're not, you'll never get that size regardless of genetics.