Training Body Parts 2x A Week - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Training Body Parts 2x A Week

By Flex Staff

SIZE SECRET #6: TRAIN EACH MUSCLE GROUP TWICE A WEEK

PHIL HEATH: “For me, legs were always a body part that I felt could be better. I found that training them twice a week, every three or four days, worked out best for adding size and detail. Many guys tend to think you only need to train a specific area once per week, feeling it leads to more growth. I disagree, as when it comes to bringing up lagging areas, training them twice per week will not only yield gains in size but also in detail, especially during contest prep. Eight-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman trained everything twice a week for the majority of his career, so it’s kind of hard to debate against someone who carries his muscle mass.”

PHIL HEATH'S QUAD WORKOUTS

WORKOUT A

1. Leg extensions: 7 sets of 10 reps*
      2. Front squats: 3 sets of 15 reps*
      3. Vertical leg presses: 3 sets of 15 reps
      4. Hack squats: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
      5. Walking lunges: 1 set of 50-100 yards

WORKOUT B

1. Plate-loaded squats: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
      2. Unilateral leg presses: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
      3. Leg extensions: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
      4. Hack squats: 7 sets of 12-15 reps*
      *Following Hany Rambod’s FST-7 technique, resting approximately 40 seconds between each set.
      Training Tip #1: Heath refers to this as “FST-7 front loading” (a.k.a. preloading) in which the FST-7 exercise comes first, not last, in the workout. He feels this provides a good warm-up for the quads and gives him “the pump I need to get after other exercises.”

Training Tip #2: Doing single-leg presses allows Heath to isolate each leg and also increase the range of motion, as he is able to go deeper at the bottom of the movement.

- See more at: http://www.flexonline.com/training/q....VBfih7d2.dpuf
      Comments 10 Comments
        Quatie -
        More high volume boring bodybuilding splits.
        JD261985 -
        Don't follow a program by Phil Heath if you aren't using the drugs he's using. These nitwits tell naturals that they don't use drugs and that you can follow their programs. The ones who don't know any better when they first start lifting( like me) will follow these programs and get CRAP results. Only thing I got from following pro workouts was excruciating soreness that killed my energy and strength and believe me I was eating enough. FST 7 is designed for steroid users!!!!
        Rarchib -
        Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
        Don't follow a program by Phil Heath if you aren't using the drugs he's using. These nitwits tell naturals that they don't use drugs and that you can follow their programs. The ones who don't know any better when they first start lifting( like me) will follow these programs and get CRAP results. Only thing I got from following pro workouts was excruciating soreness that killed my energy and strength and believe me I was eating enough. FST 7 is designed for steroid users!!!!
        FST-7 really isn't too physically demanding. I used the program for like 4 months and got solid results. I mean, definitely not a strength program or anything but in terms of bodybuilding I think it's a decent alternative to other programs
        mcafaro -
        I think you make a good point but are also dead wrong: yes many nitwits try to follow Ronnie Coleman training regimens and get **** results but that doesn't mean FST 7 is designed for steroid users. Personally I think you should have worked your way up to a program that advanced
        MANotaur -
        FST is not designed for steroid users! where are you getting that? when you workout your supposed to get sore-its a sign of progress and that what you just did was working.

the first type of "program" that i used was GVT-and that was as a natty. It killed but you know what? after 3 months I put on 12 lbs of lean mass and my legs were at their biggest they had ever been. The next program I did as a natty was the tried and true Serge Nubret workout-It effing killed me but again-after about 4 months i had put on another 10 lbs or so of lean mass-all natty. As a matter of fact there is some aspects of his training that i still use today and I attribute my foundation to that program itself.

In HS as a Baseball player we did HIIT weight circuits. A typical workout was about 2 hours, we would do whole body workouts and hit the big 3 three lifts for 1 minute on and 1 minute off and get as many reps as we could. We would lift 3 days a week and by many standards people would be screaming overtraining but i never once saw anybody go rhabdo get an injury related to overtraining. I got strong as an ox-As a senior i was about 180 pounds and could squat 400 for reps. I broke the 300 lb Bench press mark for the first time my senior year-and at 17 years old. this was the kind of training that got me into BB in the first place and its been a part of my life ever since.

People attribute gear far too much to the success of the pros and people with good physiques. Gear only does so much. you can be on retarded amounts of every hormone in existence but if your not putting in the work-your not going to see results.
        flamini -
        Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

FST is not designed for steroid users! where are you getting that? when you workout your supposed to get sore-its a sign of progress and that what you just did was working.

the first type of "program" that i used was GVT-and that was as a natty. It killed but you know what? after 3 months I put on 12 lbs of lean mass and my legs were at their biggest they had ever been. The next program I did as a natty was the tried and true Serge Nubret workout-It effing killed me but again-after about 4 months i had put on another 10 lbs or so of lean mass-all natty. As a matter of fact there is some aspects of his training that i still use today and I attribute my foundation to that program itself.

In HS as a Baseball player we did HIIT weight circuits. A typical workout was about 2 hours, we would do whole body workouts and hit the big 3 three lifts for 1 minute on and 1 minute off and get as many reps as we could. We would lift 3 days a week and by many standards people would be screaming overtraining but i never once saw anybody go rhabdo get an injury related to overtraining. I got strong as an ox-As a senior i was about 180 pounds and could squat 400 for reps. I broke the 300 lb Bench press mark for the first time my senior year-and at 17 years old. this was the kind of training that got me into BB in the first place and its been a part of my life ever since.

People attribute gear far too much to the success of the pros and people with good physiques. Gear only does so much. you can be on retarded amounts of every hormone in existence but if your not putting in the work-your not going to see results.
        I have to disagree slightly , takig a lot of hormones even without working out WILL put on weight just saying . beside that I agree with what your saying
        blaykeryan -
        This is why I follow p.h.a.t it works great..just kind of tough now since I started working nights as a cop ha
        Nihsnek -
        Originally Posted by flamini View Post
        I have to disagree slightly , takig a lot of hormones even without working out WILL put on weight just saying . beside that I agree with what your saying
        It will put on weight but the actual muscle mass increase is marginal and negligible. Taking steroids does not lift the weights for you.
        HardCore1 -
        Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

Very similar story/background as myself. Well said sir!
        MANotaur -
        Originally Posted by HardCore1 View Post

Very similar story/background as myself. Well said sir!
        Thank you! It bugs me when ppl say you cant do anything you see the pros do or thay ypu cant look like the golden age legends with their drugs. Ots an excuse to be lazy and to settle for mediocre goals.

The worst is when ppl cry overtraining!! Uhh i hate that!!