Taurine Boosts Testosterone - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Taurine Boosts Testosterone

From Ergo Log

Men who are worried that their testosterone production will decline as they age, and with it their sexual performance, may react well to supplements containing taurine. Animal studies published by researchers at Shenyang Agricultural University in China in Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology suggest that this might be the case. The effective dose may be on the high side.

Strictly speaking taurine is not an amino acid, but the supplements industry and nutritionists refer to it as such, so we'll do the same. Here we go.

Organs including the liver, brain and testes synthesise taurine, but production slows down as we age. In previous publications the researchers showed that taurine supplementation boosted the secretion of LH and testosterone in lab rats. In their new publication, the Chinese report on the next step in their research.

The researchers did an experiment with three groups of elderly lab rats, aged 20 months. One group was given drinking water consisting of 1 percent taurine [Tau] for two months; another group was given drinking water that contained 1 percent beta-alanine [b-Ala]. In high concentrations beta-alanine can in theory force cells to eliminate taurine. A third group was given no supplementation [Con].

We're not sure what the exact human equivalent of the doses used would be, but a conservative estimate puts it at around 7-8 g per day. Whether this dose is safe in the long term we don't know.

After the supplementation period the researchers put the rats into a cage with sexually mature females and then counted the number of times the animals had an erection [ERF], how often they mounted the females [MF] and, erm, more of that kind of activity...

ERF = Erection frequency; MF = Mount frequency; IF = Intromission frequency; EJF = Ejaculation frequency.

Part of the explanation for the rats' increase in sexual capacity is shown in the figure above. The concentration of the enzyme NO-synthase, and above all of NO, increased in the penis of the rats that had been given taurine. So taurine is an NO booster.

Another part of the explanation for the pro-sexual effects of taurine is hormonal in nature. The taurine supplementation resulted in increased production of testosterone, LH and GnRH in the rats. It had no effect on the estradiol or FSH level.

The researchers believe that the increased NO concentration in the penis is a result of the higher testosterone level in the taurine group. We have our doubts. The testosterone level rose by just over 20 percent. That may be too little to explain the effect on the NO concentration.

"The present study demonstrated that taurine supplement could increase sexual response and function; stimulate the secretion of GnRH, LH, and testosterone; and elevate penis NOS and NO level in aged rats", the researchers conclude. "The results implied that taurine can enhance the sexual response and mating ability in aged male rats by increasing the level of testosterone and NO, but the exact mechanism needs to be further investigated."

Source:
      Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;776:347-55.

Source: http://www.ergo-log.com/taurine-for-...tosterone.html
      Comments 20 Comments
        shurushuru -
        Only read the first paragraph.Rats are not humans.stop peddling lies
        craigydar -
        Originally Posted by shurushuru View Post
        Spot on mate
        What a waste of my life
        pyrobatt -
        Originally Posted by shurushuru View Post
        Then stop taking half the supplements you do and throw away any multivitamin. Most all the studies on multis are on rats. Half the studies on every supplement are on rats.
        Whacked -
        lol yup

Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
        Then stop taking half the supplements you do and throw away any multivitamin. Most all the studies on multis are on rats. Half the studies on every supplement are on rats.
        craigydar -
        True I must say ... Seems weird tho lol
        Is that your pic pryobatt
        I want to achieve that sort of look
        I'm not gay lol but fair play
        pyrobatt -
        Originally Posted by craigydar View Post

True I must say ... Seems weird tho lol
        Is that your pic pryobatt
        I want to achieve that sort of look
        I'm not gay lol but fair play
        Yes and its easy. Lift,eat,sleep.
        craigydar -
        Yes and its easy. Lift,eat,sleep.
        Yea so bulk cut method, and good supplements
        pyrobatt -

Yea so bulk cut method, and good supplements
        Pretty much. Haven't jumpped on the recomp train .
        craigydar -
        Pretty much. Haven't jumpped on the recomp train .
        Just bought taurine lol for clen and cutting in general . Can't wait to get to 10% bf n see what I'm working with
        pyrobatt -

Just bought taurine lol for clen and cutting in general . Can't wait to get to 10% bf n see what I'm working with
        I got to 7% naturally and 6% with clen and anabolics.

Taurine is cheap enough where if you got the extra 20 bucks a kilo of the powder is a wise as hell choice. No taste really. It can sit on your tounge just fine. Cheek that ****.

If you don't believe in the test boosting effects you gotta believe in the human studies on strenght and cell volumizing and hydration effects aswell as the neuro transmitter support.

Overall. Between extras like pre workouts and taurine I would opt for taurine.
        craigydar -
        I got to 7% naturally and 6% with clen and anabolics. Taurine is cheap enough where if you got the extra 20 bucks a kilo of the powder is a wise as hell choice. No taste really. It can sit on your tounge just fine. Cheek that ****. If you don't believe in the test boosting effects you gotta believe in the human studies on strenght and cell volumizing and hydration effects aswell as the neuro transmitter support. Overall. Between extras like pre workouts and taurine I would opt for taurine.
        Anabolics is a no go
        I'm 14 now so hope 10% by Xmas , 8 would be amazing to start a bulk with
        pyrobatt -

Anabolics is a no go
        I'm 14 now so hope 10% by Xmas , 8 would be amazing to start a bulk with
        Anabolics arent needed. Research cheat meals or "refeeds" got me to 7% naturally. I have also tried without cheat meals. Not as effective.
        craigydar -
        Anabolics arent needed. Research cheat meals or "refeeds" got me to 7% naturally. I have also tried without cheat meals. Not as effective.
        How many cheat meals mate , I have 1-2 a week
        Test week I'm deficit 500-600 cals

What bf % do u then bulk to before u think u need to cut again mate ?
        pyrobatt -

How many cheat meals mate , I have 1-2 a week
        Test week I'm deficit 500-600 cals

What bf % do u then bulk to before u think u need to cut again mate ?
        Deficit should start at 100 or 200 and decrease every time you stop losing weight. Refeeds aka cheat meals should be every week or 2 at the start. Once under 11 % once a week or once every 5 days. Under 10 % every 4 days and dont go above that.

Your cheat meals should be void of transfat *naturally occurring is okay* and go anywhere from 100 over your maintenance to 700. Your choice. Slow dieting means less muscle loss.
        craigydar -
        Deficit should start at 100 or 200 and decrease every time you stop losing weight. Refeeds aka cheat meals should be every week or 2 at the start. Once under 11 % once a week or once every 5 days. Under 10 % every 4 days and dont go above that. Your cheat meals should be void of transfat *naturally occurring is okay* and go anywhere from 100 over your maintenance to 700. Your choice. Slow dieting means less muscle loss.
        Yea lost 7% in 3 months
        Not doing much cardio at the moment so I'm adding it mornings 3x week
        I have a cheat meal every week .

Say I get to 10% what's the maximum bf you would bulk to ?
        I've never been under 14 % so this is achievement so far ! Loving seeing small but if definition
        pyrobatt -

Yea lost 7% in 3 months
        Not doing much cardio at the moment so I'm adding it mornings 3x week
        I have a cheat meal every week .

Say I get to 10% what's the maximum bf you would bulk to ?
        I've never been under 14 % so this is achievement so far ! Loving seeing small but if definition
        I get fat so no worries. Im maintaining at 17 or 18 % atm
        24 week cut coming up.
        craigydar -
        I get fat so no worries. Im maintaining at 17 or 18 % atm 24 week cut coming up.
        Ha fair play
        So if you pass 18% you start cutting
        So 24 week cut what u expect 6% again mate but with the extra muscle
        LEAN !!!
        pyrobatt -
        I plan on 10% orr 11 at the end. Probably lower. Any lower than 8 % gets uncomfortable for me.

Hungrier all the time,weaker *mentally and physically.* and just tired.

I am planing to break 6% this time. But wont stay there for long. It sucks. Although I will probably post a new avi if I do. My tribute to am.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Any more talk inbox me please.

Im thinking of starting an advanced discussion with pyrobatt thread. Alot of people seem to contact me.
        HotSpur922 -
        I plan on 10% orr 11 at the end. Probably lower. Any lower than 8 % gets uncomfortable for me.

Hungrier all the time,weaker *mentally and physically.* and just tired.

I am planing to break 6% this time. But wont stay there for long. It sucks. Although I will probably post a new avi if I do. My tribute to am.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Any more talk inbox me please.

Im thinking of starting an advanced discussion with pyrobatt thread. Alot of people seem to contact me.
        I'd like to add pyrobatt is a great guy and knows his ****.
        Please start said thread. I'd love to be apart of that...

funny reading you are like 17% bf right now... I had an image in my head of you stuck at like 7% forever... =)... no homo but your avatar is all we see.
        ricroc -
        Originally Posted by HotSpur922 View Post
        I'd like to add pyrobatt is a great guy and knows his ****.
        Please start said thread. I'd love to be apart of that...

Seconded!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.