Products With DMAA Still Available Online - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Products With DMAA Still Available Online

By Shawn Radcliffe Men's Fitness

If you use pre-workout sports supplements to help you build muscle fast, check their labels. Your favorite over-the-counter boost could contain DMAA, an ingredient flagged by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration last spring for review.

In spite of a warning letter sent by the FDA to 10 manufacturers, all 16 products listed in the letter are still available online, according to a new study published in Annals of Internal Medicine. This includes reliable stores like *** and drugstore.com.

The FDA is concerned about a lack of data on the safety of DMAA (aka dimethylamylamine), and gave the companies 15 days to respond. Canada and the U.K. have already banned products that contain DMAA.

This pre-workout supplement, which is used to (supposedly) build muscle more quickly, acts as a stimulant. While there’s little data on whether DMAA is safe, side effects can include:

Increased blood pressure
      Heart palpitations
      Irregular heart beat (arrhythmia)
      Risk of heart attack or stroke.

The FDA has the power to pull DMAA products from stores, but may be waiting for more information about their safety. In the meantime, if you choose to use sports supplements, keep these tips in mind:

Check the labels to see if your supplements contain DMAA.
      Follow the instructions on the product label on how much to take.
      Talk to your doctor about whether DMAA supplements are right for you.

Source: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...lements-online
      Comments 10 Comments
        thebigt -
        hell...you can get those same sides from caffeine-they gonna ban coffee too?
        Rahl -
        Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
        hell...you can get those same sides from caffeine-they gonna ban coffee too?
        That's not even funny T!
        thebigt -
        Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
        That's not even funny T!
        i know rahl...my point is, almost anything can give you sides...if you get crazy with it.
        Stl_Lift -
        I've used Jack3d for 4 months or so now, just had a health screening through work, and my blood pressure was lower (and where it should be) than it was last year when I wasnt taking any stimulants (other than caffeine of course).
        thebigt -
        Originally Posted by Stl_Lift View Post
        I've used Jack3d for 4 months or so now, just had a health screening through work, and my blood pressure was lower (and where it should be) than it was last year when I wasnt taking any stimulants (other than caffeine of course).
        see what happens is you get some dumbass kids who take a boatload of something, get ill from it, and screw it up for the rest of us-this is what happened with ephedra, imo.....

i hope the government will figure out that no law will protect a dumbass from himself or herself- [i have to be politically correct these days, lol].
        Rahl -

see what happens is you get some dumbass kids who take a boatload of something, get ill from it, and screw it up for the rest of us-this is what happened with ephedra, imo.....

i hope the government will figure out that no law will protect a dumbass from himself or herself- .
        You just can't outlaw stupid. :)
        thebigt -
        Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
        You just can't outlaw stupid. :)
        yah, we know that...but those idiots at the fda just keep on tryin, lol.
        Rahl -

yah, we know that...but those idiots at the fda just keep on tryin, lol.
        Hahaha. They wouldn't want to outlaw themselves!
        nicoacademia -
        nope. DMAA and Ephedra had no lobby money.

lobby money. that's what's needed.
        beast87 -
        i say we lobby everything- juice, ephedra, dmaa, PH, GH...EVERYTHING! whos in with me? lol