Positions Of Flexion Chest Routine - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Positions Of Flexion Chest Routine

By Steve Holman Iron Man Magazine

Q: I have a flat chest. I’ve been using your Positions-of-Flexion training for a while, and it’s given me some new detail, but I’m just not getting the size. I do two heavy sets of bench presses for midrange, then cable crossovers for stretch and contracted. I follow that with incline presses [upper midrange], then incline cable flyes [upper stretch and contracted]. Do I need more sets, higher reps or what? I want big, striated pecs.

A: You’re using a full-range POF chest routine that I recommend for trainees who have decent growth potential in their pecs. You’re not in that category. You no doubt have low neuromuscular efficiency, or nerve force, in your chest and/or you have fewer fast-twitch growth fibers there. The solution: Pump up the volume and flesh out the positions—one for stretch and one for contracted.
      Here are two more-explicit POF chest routines you can alternate from workout to workout:

Chest Workout 1
      Midrange: Bench presses
      or decline presses (pyramid) 3 x 9, 7, 5
      Stretch: Flat-bench flyes 2 x 10-12
      Contracted: Cable crossovers (4X style) 3 x 12
      Midrange: Incline dumbbell presses 2 x 8-10
      Stretch & Contracted: Incline cable flyes 2 x 12

Chest Workout 2
      Midrange: Smith-machine incline
      presses (pyramid) 3 x 9, 7, 5
      Stretch: Incline flyes 2 x 10-12
      Contracted: High cable flyes (4X style) 3 x 12
      Midrange: Dumbbell bench presses 2 x 8-10
      Stretch & Contracted: Cable flyes 2 x 12

So at workout 1 you give the middle and lower chest a full-on three-exercise POF attack. Upper chest gets the back end and less work with abbreviated POF.
      At workout 2 you flip-flop—full three-exercise POF for upper pecs lead off the program. Then your middle and lower sections get hit on the back end with abbreviated POF.

That may look like a lot of sets and exercises, but most trainees need to think of the chest as two body-parts—upper pecs and middle/lower pecs. The chest is a fan-shaped muscle, so you can attack different areas with different angles of pull—unique stress for an incredible chest.

Editor’s note: Steve Holman is the author of many bodybuilding best-sellers and the creator of Positions-of-Flexion muscle training. For information on the POF DVD and Size Surge programs, visit www.Home-Gym.com. Also visit www.X-Rep.com and X-Workouts.com for info on X-Rep, 4X and 3D POF methods and e-books. IM

Source: http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/site/...chest-routine/
      Comments 4 Comments
        chedapalooza -
        What is 4x style. What's the difference between high cable flyes and incline flyes?

Thanks.

Also
        Thanks for responses in emails, steve.
        DouthitD -
        how many times a week can you do a chest work out like this?
        schizm -
        Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
        What is 4x style. What's the difference between high cable flyes and incline flyes?

Thanks.

Also
        Thanks for responses in emails, steve.
        I've always enjoyed their articles in fact POF was pretty much my first structured weight lifting routine...the 4x set style/method is their GVT/Gironda 8x8 hybrid, where you take your 15RM but do 4 sets of 10 reps with 30 sec b/t each set...once you can complete all 4 sets of 10, you increase the weight the next workout...
        chedapalooza -
        Originally Posted by schizm View Post

I've always enjoyed their articles in fact POF was pretty much my first structured weight lifting routine...the 4x set style/method is their GVT/Gironda 8x8 hybrid, where you take your 15RM but do 4 sets of 10 reps with 30 sec b/t each set...once you can complete all 4 sets of 10, you increase the weight the next workout...
        Thanks. I'm doing 8x8 right now actually. It's brutal. 15-20 seconds rest ... Getting great size n density n fat burning is amazing... Too bad it's only a 4 week program (as stated by Gironda)