This is an easy to make and affordable skillet meal with 3 simple ingredients. And it is low-carb for those who are trying to keep their carbs low. If you have not purchased a cast iron skillet yet, what are you waiting for? Every FitMenCook and FitWomenCook should have one.
- 6 oz extra lean ground turkey
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Kelapo Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo (optional)
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- Set oven to 375F.
- Measure out your portion of lean ground turkey. I used 6oz. Season with 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp cumin and 1/2 tbsp garlic powder. Mix in the seasoning with your hands.
- Make individual meatballs. I measured out four 1.5 oz meatballs.
- Set the cast iron skillet on the stove stop and place it on medium high heat. Add the coconut oil and the minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic until it becomes brown and then add in the meatballs. Roll the meatballs around the skillet until they are brown on at least 2 sides which should take about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Now, add 3 cups of raw spinach to the skillet. It likely will not fit in the skillet, so it will look like a big pile of spinach. This is good.
- Cover the skillet with foil (or glass lid but foil is preferred) and cook for another 3 minutes on the stove top. (See pics)
- Then place the entire skillet with the foil on top in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, careful not to overcook the turkey.
- Remove from the oven and the spinach will be wilted and ready to eat.
- Add pico de gallo and pine nuts.
Approx macros: 336 calories, 43g protein, 3g carbs, 16g fat