Obama Breaks Promise To Label GMO Foods - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Obama Breaks Promise To Label GMO Foods

By: Carl Lanore

I have spoken about President Obama's campaign promise to label GMO foods. In his words he said the "American people deserve to know what's in their food". Alisa played a clip of him making that promise. Not only have more GMO foods been approved under his administration, but he is now flip-flopping on his promise. A broken promise to the American people that has far reaching health ramifications. The below is reprinted from the Organic Consumers Association Newsletter. A "reduced reliance on pesticides" is sighted as a benefit of GMO. Really? Have they had their heads in the sand? GMO as spawned Super-Weeds and Super-Bugs that now require more and stronger pesticides. This is yet another example of corruption winning out over the rights of American people. Are you mad yet?

In 2007, Senator Obama, campaigning for the presidency in the Democratic primary, promised to label genetically engineered food. Now, if you write the Obama for America campaign about GMO labels, you get this response:

"Genetically modified crops hold out the promise of benefits like increased production and reduced reliance on pesticides. At the same time, some Americans want more information to help them choose their food. President Obama understands these concerns and is considering additional steps in this area."

What? How can he flip his position like that? What makes him believe Monsanto's lies? Why isn't he listening to the 9 out of 10 voters who want GMOs labeled? Is there anything we can do to get him back on our side before November? The first step is to give Barack Obama a piece of our minds! Bill Maher did on his show last week, when he called the President out for breaking his campaign promise on GMO labels and putting Monsanto's Michael Taylor in charge of food safety. Please tell the Obama for America campaign what you think about broken promises.
      Comments 7 Comments
        djbombsquad -
        Lame
        fightbackhxc -
        Too bad the worlds largest potato yield was cultivated using organic farming practices.
        gregg1494 -
        That's not the only promise he's broke..
        aLinux -
        He may have predicted these things. He probably wants it to really happen, then the corps. stepped up (changed there minds) and set the record straight. Hopefully it will go through
        one day.
        txenigma -
        Label those foods. Why let things like science and facts get in the way of people's baseless fears. What does the American Medical Association, World Health Organization, National Academy of Sciences, and International Council for Science know? They are obviously shills for biotech firms while those supporting labeling (Organic Consumers Association, Nature's Path, Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps, Mercola Health Association) are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.
        dwit392 -
        Originally Posted by txenigma View Post
        Label those foods. Why let things like science and facts get in the way of people's baseless fears. What does the American Medical Association, World Health Organization, National Academy of Sciences, and International Council for Science know? They are obviously shills for biotech firms while those supporting labeling (Organic Consumers Association, Nature's Path, Dr. Bronners Magic Soaps, Mercola Health Association) are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.
        So are you against informing consumers of what they are eating? I know that these organizations know a lot about medicine but not a lot about healthy eating. I personally do not know whether GMO items are safe or better or worse or whatever, but shouldn't I be allowed to know? Yes, people make stupid decisions every day, but hey thats America for you. I for one appreciate being informed on what I am purchasing.
        fightbackhxc -
        Originally Posted by dwit392 View Post
        So are you against informing consumers of what they are eating? I know that these organizations know a lot about medicine but not a lot about healthy eating. I personally do not know whether GMO items are safe or better or worse or whatever, but shouldn't I be allowed to know? Yes, people make stupid decisions every day, but hey thats America for you. I for one appreciate being informed on what I am purchasing.
        They are bad. Countless animal studies show decreased litters, infertility, and severe damage to the gi tract.