Nutrition For Growth - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Nutrition For Growth

From Men's Fitness Editors

For all of our fans who shoot us questions on the Men's Fitness Facebook and Twitter Pages, this one is for you. Each week, we will tap into our pool of editors and experts to help with any questions or challenges you are having with your fitness regimen. This week, Rob Sulaver C.S.C.S., founder and owner of Bandana Training, answers questions about plyometric training and how to get most out of it. You can also catch Sulaver on Twitter @BandanaTraining.

1) Morning Workout asked by Frank Lentin
      I workout first thing in the morning, what should I eat before??

“Nothing. No need to eat immediately before a workout - even in the morning. (To be fair, some people feel uber-hypoglycemic, lightheaded, shaky, and weak with nothing in their system. For those people I’d recommend a workout drink with protein and carbs to be sipped on throughout their morning workout. ”

2) Late-Night Workouts asked by Daniel Gross
      I workout very late at night, what's the best late-night, post-workout meal?

"I’d keep my post workout nutrition the same but reduce the serving sizes. That means a smaller post-workout carb and protein shake and the same dinner (meat and veggies)...just less of ‘em."

3) Carb and Protein Timing asked by Kelly Grignon
      How long before your workout should you eat, and what's the best carbrotein ratio to get the most power for a killer weight session? Should it be different for high intensity interval training days?

"Pre-nutrition is highly individual. Most people need to eat at least 2 hours before a tough workout. Some people (like me) need as much as 3-4. But I’ve also seen some dudes pound a cheeseburger then go wrestle a match 10 minutes later. Experiment and see what works best for you. Unless you’re doing long duration endurance training, you don’t need to carb up pre-workout. Replenish your muscle glycogen POST-workout and stick to low-carb pre. "

4) Insulin and Muscle asked by Khila Di
      Is it imperative to "spike" insulin after a workout?

"Spiking insulin after your workout helps switch your body into recovery mode. Your muscles are also very 'hungry' post workout and are in an excellent place to gobble up nutrients. It’s smart nutrition."

5) Staying Lean asked by Danny Gutierrez
      I'm trying to stay lean and wonder whether I should stay away from eating fruit...

“Fruit doesn’t make people fat. However, fruit also doesn’t optimize fat loss. In other words - if you’re already lean, you can afford a few servings of fruit per day. If you’re trying to get lean - keep fruit to a min."

Source: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...or-more-muscle