How Does Lou Ferrigno Look Great At 60? - AnabolicMinds.com
    • How Does Lou Ferrigno Look Great At 60?

By Joshua Sandoval Men's Fitness

If you have a busy schedule and have trouble finding time to live a healthy lifestyle, imagine how hard it is for Incredible Hulk actor Lou Ferrigno. But the fitness expert turned actor always manages to find time for healthy living. We spoke to the star about how he manages to stay fit with seemingly no time, and how he maintains his legendary physique at age 60.

Ferrigno, currently a cast member on the new season of Celebrity Apprentice says that during filming of the show, he endured 17-hour days on set, and still maintained the healthy eating and workout habits he’s maintained for over 35 years.

The Workout

Ferrigno works out for an hour and 20 minutes, six days a week. Each workout consists of 40 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. 75 percent of his weights workout is on machines while 25 percent is free weights. He works on various body parts with four sets of 8-10 reps of three different exercises for a total of 12 sets. The only thing that has changed over the years is that he trains with lighter weight now.

The Diet

While filming Celebrity Apprentice, he only worked out on Sunday’s because that was the only day the cast had free time, but he was still able to maintain his 249-pound stature by avoiding the craft services table. “I still ate the same wellbalanced diet on Celebrity Apprentice,” Ferrigno says. “Everyone else felt guilty watching me eat.”

Ferrigno’s regular diet includes 3-4 small meals a day based heavily on healthy proteins like fish along with fruits and vegetables.

The Competitive Streak

Most people know Ferrigno as a bodybuilder turned actor, but he thinks his stint on Celebrity Apprentice will reveal a different side to him. “It will show how smart I am,” Ferrigno says. “Everyone gets the impression that as a bodybuilder, you just focus on the body, but they will respect a never before seen side that shows my integrity and fighting spirit.”

Ferrigno says he enjoyed the competitive spirit of the show, and despite the feeling of having to constantly look over his shoulder, he experienced a connection with some of his celebrity counterparts. According to Ferrigno, Adam Corolla and Paul Teutel Sr. also have an interest in weight training and healthy living. Even Donald Trump took particular interest and showed respect for Ferrigno’s Mr. Universe titles.

Ultimately, Ferrigno believes everyone should be able to find time to work out and eat well. “There is no excuse for anyone not to train three times a week,” Ferrigno said. “People want to look fat. Anyone can change their mind if they want to. It’s all about motivation.”

You can catch Ferrigno is competing on behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Association when Celebrity Apprentice premiers on Sunday, February 19 on NBC. He has worked with the charity in the past because he was impacted by the struggles of a friend who had polio as a child.

Source: http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...no-stay-so-fit
      Comments 8 Comments
        monstermash -
        I'm sure having his money and "connections" would help a lot too... ;)BTW Lou does look amazing for any age.
        Torobestia -
        60 and looking like that? Jesus...he looks more like a "young" 40 in that picture.And yeah, monster, that part is also true, but shhh.... =p
        jonesBones40 -
        Im calling for a rematch between him and arnold haha
        mikeg313 -
        Just an ultra respectable dude with class....
        wtmdcg91 -
        Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
        I'm sure having his money and "connections" would help a lot too... ;)BTW Lou does look amazing for any age.
        You so right about this !! hell he don't need to worry about making to work on time plus he gets all the supplements and GH and all that good stuff like Stallone gets and the others his age !
        hugry4more -
        Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
        Just an ultra respectable dude with class....
        Indeed
        GuyverX -
        That is a hell of a 60.
        Hats off to Lou.
        Kawikaratekid -
        Great dude and a great representative of the sport! I hope he's around for a long time and by the sounds of it he will be.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.