Grains And Inflammation - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Grains And Inflammation

By Carl Lanore Super Human Radio

Whole Grains are not only considered healthy but many mainstream organizations like the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, American Diabetes Association and the like, but they strongly recommend eating whole grains to protect AGAINST developing disease.

We've talked on SHR for years that grains are real-food alternatives and contain anti-nutrients - natures pesticides - that cause an inflammation response in humans. If grains are a regular part of the diet, this inflammatory response becomes chronic. The entire scientific community agrees that chronic inflammation is linked to most of the world's diseases today. Then why does the scientific community not recognize the consumption of whole grains as a contributing factor in these diseases?

The American Institute for Cancer Research sites on its website "Whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and hundreds of natural plant compounds, called phytochemicals, which protect cells from the types of damage that may lead to cancer. In addition research points to specific substances in whole grains that have been linked to lower cancer risk, including antioxidants, phenols, lignans (which is a kind of phytoestrogen) and saponins.". While some of this is true about containing antioxidants, the vehicle that they arrive in - a seed - is designed to protect itself against consumption so the species can survive and proliferate.

Simply put.. I believe the bad things in grains outweigh the good things in grains. Think of it this way. If I coated the tip of a bullet with vitamin C and shot you in the stomach with it.. would you agree that the negative effects of the delivery system outweighs the benefits of the Vitamin C? You get the picture?

On today's show we discussed the attached study. Read it for yourself and decide.

Removing grains from the diet is the only thing healthy about them.

Source: http://www.superhumanradio.com/the-d...lammation.html
      Comments 9 Comments
        Quadzilla99 -
        L-O-L
        mcc23 -
        Good god. They'll let anyone post an article anymore
        Drock1234 -
        Oat and quinoa bullets to the gut FTW
        Sputter -
        A lot of you seem quick to mock but there is a lot of scientific evidence both published and still emerging that there are significant health issues around grain consumption especially in the quantities currently consumed and recommended. The fact that diabetic associations still recommend 'whole grain' low fat diets is shocking when you consider these foods can cause larger blood sugar raises than eating pure table sugar.
        Bigcountry08 -
        Originally Posted by Sputter View Post
        A lot of you seem quick to mock but there is a lot of scientific evidence both published and still emerging that there are significant health issues around grain consumption especially in the quantities currently consumed and recommended. The fact that diabetic associations still recommend 'whole grain' low fat diets is shocking when you consider these foods can cause larger blood sugar raises than eating pure table sugar.
        I completely agree sputter, I rarely eat breads/ grains now and feel a lot better for it. I have cut grains and dairy out of my diet and my acid reflux disease is basically nonexistent, and I have a lot more energy now. White flour is basically unsweetened sugar in my opinion, and bread itself should be a once and a while treat, not staple part of your diet.
        Pandabear -
        Not to mention this actually comes from a reputable source. Super Human Radio is bad arse.

Do you even listen bro? ;)
        JulianLifts -
        Holy ****..... Pretty biased and sketchy
        Pandabear -
        Originally Posted by JulianLifts View Post
        Holy ****..... Pretty biased and sketchy
        Did you read the scientific paper? The review was even handed if you ask me. It pointed out the pros and cons of grain consumption, and concluded in saying that more studies need to be conducted before the verdict is out. I agree, although I think that grains are pretty useless from a nutritional perspective, but hey don't take it from me, just go do your research.
        Beejis60 -
        This my be the best trolling I've seen in the past few years.

OP, the thing you have to know is though whole grains as you say are protected naturally, none of which is a problem. Have you never heard of chewing food, which subsequently causes cracks and/or complete pulverization of said whole grains? But even if you do in fact swallow everything you 'eat' whole, only starches are non-digestable by humans. Sadly for your terrible hypothesis, seeds are not 100% starch-encapsulated.

Wonder if OP loves and pushes arach. acid? Omega 6s are also very inflammatory.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.