GPLC + Folate For Better Pumps - AnabolicMinds.com
    • GPLC + Folate For Better Pumps



      By Jim Stoppani, Ph.D. Flex

      GPLC This patented compound combines the aminoacid glycine with a form of carnitine called propionyl-L-carnitine that is better absorbed by muscle tissue and also provides the body an extra source of energy. Both glycine and carnitine are known to boost nitric oxide in the body. One study reported that trained male weightlifters supplementing with GPLC for four weeks had 30% higher NO levels after workouts than with a placebo. It appears that GPLC may work by increasing the activity of the enzyme responsible for converting arginine into NO.

      FOLATE This B vitamin regulates bodily reactions that directly influence on the amount of arginine that can be converted to NO. Folate is also necessary for the production and maintenance of new cells. Since bodybuilding involves the breakdown of old muscle cells and the building of new ones, this vitamin is important for muscle growth.

      TAKE IT LIKE THIS About 30-45 minutes pre-workout, take 4.5 grams of GPLC and 400-800 micrograms of folate or folic acid. You can take them close to or with your pre-workout shake, unlike most other NO boosters.

      Source: http://www.flexonline.com/nutrition/gplc-folate
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. lexmuscle's Avatar
        lexmuscle -
        If only I had known in the beginning not to spend a dime on supplements other than protein powder, creatine, and occasionally caffeine pills....
      1. whitexican911's Avatar
        whitexican911 -
        ^^ This the most important lesson for everyone today.
      1. Vitus's Avatar
        Vitus -
        ^Thats a crock. Plenty of supplements are legit.. Sure theres lot of bs, but theres a lot of stuff that is great.
      1. lexmuscle's Avatar
        lexmuscle -
        Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
        ^Thats a crock. Plenty of supplements are legit.. Sure theres lot of bs, but theres a lot of stuff that is great.
        Name a supplement other than those I've listed that you've consistently taken for the past 5-10 years and have seen legit gains BECAUSE of said supplement. There's more than just a lot of bs, 90% of the s--- out there is bs. It really pisses me off, because so many younger guys get sucked into the hype of one thing after another.
      1. Whacked's Avatar
        Whacked -
        Agreed man

        I've been a sucker countless times and for tens of thousands of dollars over 20 years as well :(

        Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
        Name a supplement other than those I've listed that you've consistently taken for the past 5-10 years and have seen legit gains BECAUSE of said supplement. There's more than just a lot of bs, 90% of the s--- out there is bs. It really pisses me off, because so many younger guys get sucked into the hype of one thing after another.
      1. HotSpur922's Avatar
        HotSpur922 -
        Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
        Name a supplement other than those I've listed that you've consistently taken for the past 5-10 years and have seen legit gains BECAUSE of said supplement. There's more than just a lot of bs, 90% of the s--- out there is bs. It really pisses me off, because so many younger guys get sucked into the hype of one thing after another.
        AGMATINE....


        nuff said.. if you call that supp BS you are a fool.

        never have I had such amazing pumps and vascularity since I started using agmatine powder with my pre workout and bed time shake...

        my veins look as if i'm a pro BBer.

        there are sups out there that really do work as stated and help with performance.

        betaine being another one, it is synergistic with creatine....
      1. lexmuscle's Avatar
        lexmuscle -
        Originally Posted by HotSpur922 View Post

        AGMATINE....

        nuff said.. if you call that supp BS you are a fool.

        never have I had such amazing pumps and vascularity since I started using agmatine powder with my pre workout and bed time shake...

        my veins look as if i'm a pro BBer.

        there are sups out there that really do work as stated and help with performance.

        betaine being another one, it is synergistic with creatine....
        So you're saying that supplements that make you look like a bodybuilder while you're on them will help you reach your goal? I guess fake tan will make you look like a bodybuilder as well, lets add that to the list.
      1. HotSpur922's Avatar
        HotSpur922 -
        Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
        So you're saying that supplements that make you look like a bodybuilder while you're on them will help you reach your goal? I guess fake tan will make you look like a bodybuilder as well, lets add that to the list.
        you fail to understand what I was explaining.

        no need to be a D....

        agmatine doesn't only make you "look like a bb". better pumps , blood flow, vascularity don't equal performance and or real enhancers?

        what about betaine?.... look these compounds up on wiki or google do some research or actually try them for yourself before you take one little thing I said and make that the point of your ridiculous argument.

        taurine, beta alanine , zinc-magnesium , yohimbine , citrulline malate..... more substances that help with performace , endurance and recovory...

        have fun with your caffiene pills and creatine.....
      1. lexmuscle's Avatar
        lexmuscle -
        Originally Posted by HotSpur922 View Post

        you fail to understand what I was explaining.

        no need to be a D....

        agmatine doesn't only make you "look like a bb". better pumps , blood flow, vascularity don't equal performance and or real enhancers?

        what about betaine?.... look these compounds up on wiki or google do some research or actually try them for yourself before you take one little thing I said and make that the point of your ridiculous argument.

        taurine, beta alanine , zinc-magnesium , yohimbine , citrulline malate..... more substances that help with performace , endurance and recovory...

        have fun with your caffiene pills and creatine.....
        Yeah I've tried them. If it doesn't have a profound effect, I could give a f- less. I'm naturally vascular anyway, so nothing like that excites me. Not trying to be a dick, supplement companies just piss me off sometimes