Fred ''Biggie'' Smalls Chest Workout - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Fred ''Biggie'' Smalls Chest Workout

by Fred ''Biggie'' Smalls Bodybuilding .com

Whether you're a competitive bodybuilder or just starting out, your main goal is probably that complete physique. Yet all the greats have signature body parts. Ronnie Coleman was best known for his huge back, Dexter Jackson's secret weapon is his incredible midsection, and Branch Warren's nickname is Quadrasaurus. I could go on and on.

The body part I am most known for is my chest. When other pros wish they had a chest similar to yours, you know you're doing something right. But I can promise you this: Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was my chest. It wasn't built with cable crossovers and machines, either. My pecs were built with barbells and dumbbells, high-volume workouts using heavy weights.

Too often you see novice bodybuilders worrying about shaping exercises before they have built any muscle to shape. In order to build thick, dense, pecs, use the compound movements that place the most stress on the body part. If your quest is for a championship chest, follow my blueprint:

The "Biggie Smalls" Bigger Chest Workout

Perform this routine for three weeks and watch the results come. Your chest will be fuller, thicker, and stronger.

Note: Rest for 60 seconds between sets.

Chest Workout

Flat Barbell Bench Press
      7 sets of 7 reps
      Many champions of the Golden Era considered the bench press their upper-body mainstay. I like to do 7 sets of 7 reps. Choose a weight 60 percent or so of your max and stick with that for all 7 sets. This will fatigue both your fast- and slow-twitch muscle fibers. But because of the short rest and lighter resistance, you won't place as much stress on the tendons and ligaments of the shoulder and increase your chances of injuries. You get the best of both worlds.

Incline Barbell Bench Press
      4 sets of 6-8 reps
      If you're like me, you don't just want to look strong—you want to be strong. That is why I like using a rep range of 6-8. After seven sets of flat bench, you shouldn't need much weight for inclines. Focus on contracting the pecs and the strength will come alongside those thick and dense muscles you're after.

Flat Dumbbell Bench Press
      4 sets of 6-8 reps
      By using dumbbells, we increase the range of motion and keep the muscle engaged for longer periods of time. The dumbbells also force each side of your body to work independently and together, which puts more demand on your muscles.

Weighted Dip
      4 sets of 15 reps
      To hit your pecs and get as much nutrient-rich blood into the muscles as possible, lean forward. This position will engage your pecs more than your triceps. To keep constant tension on the chest, don't lock out your arms at the top of the movement.

Low Cable Cross-Overs
      4 sets of 15 reps
      This exercise is unique because your muscles are stressed for a full 30-40 seconds. Keeping your muscles under tension for so long ensures that you completely exhaust your ATP glycolic system. This will force your body to call on the lactic acid threshold system and create a greater release of growth hormone. Do these slowly so you can enjoy all the benefits this exercise has to offer.

Push-Ups
      50 total reps
      The goal is 50 reps and it doesn't matter how many sets it takes—just make sure you get 50 total before getting up. Try doing it in 3 or 4 sets.

Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/powe...t-workout.html
      Comments 6 Comments
        Bodock -
        I like it, simple yet effective
        DownUnder -
        24 sets for chest by Fred Smalls. I hope you have plenty of AS in the system to combat the catabolic nature of 24 sets. If the average natty would try to do this workout regularly, they would be wore down to tendons in time. I think you should qualify your target audience as juiced or natty before delivering a 24 set chest workout recommendation. Most young tikes will try this not knowing any better thinking they will grow a big chest like the article suggests. Keep it real bitches.
        EatMoar -
        I do something similar. Stack some bcaas in your intra and hit those weights !
        JD261985 -
        Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
        24 sets for chest by Fred Smalls. I hope you have plenty of AS in the system to combat the catabolic nature of 24 sets. If the average natty would try to do this workout regularly, they would be wore down to tendons in time. I think you should qualify your target audience as juiced or natty before delivering a 24 set chest workout recommendation. Most young tikes will try this not knowing any better thinking they will grow a big chest like the article suggests. Keep it real bitches.
        Yea like when I first started I used workouts out of muscle and fitness....BIG MISTAKE LOL
        Oscar -
        That's a lot of volume but looks like a fun workout might give it a shot next chest day I think I got enough juice in the tank for it
        samjackson -
        I don't think 24 sets is out of line with the light weight he's recommending .
        Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post