Facebook Making You Fat? - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Facebook Making You Fat?

By Maggie Young Men's Fitness

If you can't seem to get rid of your spare tire, you might want to take a look at how much time you spend on social networking sites.

A new study found that the more time you log on Facebook and Twitter, the less time you spend on physical activity. Researchers discovered this correlation after surveying 350 college students about physical activity and use of social media, and presented their findings at the annual conference of the British Psychological Society's Division of Health Psychology.

Researchers also found that most of the social networkers spent one hour a day online, and that the most active social media users were also the least likely to play sports.

Time is a limited resource and it can come to down to choosing between a quick weight lifting session or lounging on the couch with your laptop.

To keep your Facebook browsing—and your waistline—in check, set a limit for your “social media time” each day and use a stopwatch to remind yourself when it's time to log off so you don't get sucked into your Facebook feed. Also think about how you can use social media as a weight-loss motivator. For example, go on a run and then tweet about it to inspire your followers to do the same.

Source: http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...making-you-fat
      Comments 6 Comments
        Sean1332 -
        I spend more time on anabolic minds than I do Facebook...does AB make me fat or swole?
        Sean1332 -
        Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
        I spend more time on anabolic minds than I do Facebook...does AB make me fat or swole?
        AM*
        Red9 -
        Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
        x2 LOL
        Wrivest -
        Wow....what an article! Sitting and doing nothing makes you fat??? Say it ain't so!!
        TurningGreen -
        You mean tending to your FarmVille while inhaling lays tater chips doesn't count as exercise?! Preposterous!!
        OrganicShadow -
        WHAT THE FLYING F*&% IS THIS S#*@??? Bwahahahaha!! I'm done, I can't do it anymore... Men's Fitness: You're blackballed from my attention span permanently.