Evan Centopani Wins Tampa IFBB Pro, Qualifies for Olympia - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Evan Centopani Wins Tampa IFBB Pro, Qualifies for Olympia

By Andrew Oye ProSource

The Item: IFBB Pro League Contest Results

The Scoop: Just Announced: Over the weekend, IFBB Pro Evan Centopani emerged as the 1st place winner of the Open Division at the 2013 IFBB Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Championships 9won by 2012 IFBB Pro Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic Europe Champ IFBB Pro Shawn Rhoden in 2012). IFBB Pro Juan Morel was named 2nd place runner-up. IFBB Pro Essa Obiad garnered 3rd place. IFBB Pro Mohammad Ali Bannout took the 4th place spot, and IFBB Pro Lionel Beyeke finished in 5th place.

The "So What?": As reported in "Andrew Oye's Pro Muscle Report," the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series Point System (1st automatic qualification, 2nd - 4 Points, 3rd - 3 Points, 4th - 2 Points, 5th - 1 Point) applies to IFBB Pro League athletes' eligibility to compete at the 2013 Olympia Weekend (September 26-29) in Las Vegas to face reigning Mr. Olympia IFBB Pro Phil Heath. Other notes: Winner of the 2012 Arnold Amateur Bodybuilding Championships, IFBB Pro Aliaksei Shabunia from Belarus, took 9th place in Tampa. In his pro debut, just two weeks after earning his pro card at the 2013 NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships, rookie IFBB Pro Rafael Jaramillo finished in 10th place in Florida, ahead of veteran IFBB Pro Bill Wilmore in 11th place and up-and-comer IFBB Pro Jason Huh in 12th place. Contest promoter Steve Weinberger received an award for his work as an industry ambassador.

Andrew Oye's Verdict: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani (who placed 8th in his 2012 Olympia debut) earned the third victory of his professional bodybuilding career in Tampa against a deep lineup- 31 competitors versus 21 at the 2012 contest, a sign of the of times with the ever-growing IFBB Pro contest calendar and more pros competing for coveted Olympia qualifications.

Source: http://www.prosource.net/content/art...pionships.aspx
      Comments 5 Comments
        artvandalay -
        Congrats to Evan. One of my favorite pros. I could see him getting top 5 at the Olympia this year
        southsideguy -
        I thought Juan was going to take it. But congrats to Evan for sure.
        AdonisBelt -
        In my opinion, others brought better conditioning. He had good separation on abs but no so great upper quads and glutes , and not symmetrical.
        the Phoenix -
        Congrats to the Big Ox; this guys is promising and one of the current BB i am following now. This guy is HUGE!Attachment 92604Attachment 92605
        Chris1 -
        Congratulations Even!