Creatine Better With Fenugreek - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Creatine Better With Fenugreek

From Charles Poliquin Live

Creatine is a super supplement for helping you build muscle and shatter strength PRs. Usually we’re told to take it with carbs for maximal “loading” in the muscle. What happens if you’re trying to lose fat or just don’t want extra carbs?

Take creatine with fenugreek—an herb that is known to aid digestion and manage glucose levels—and avoid the need to ingest excess carbohydrates. By “mimicking” insulin, fenugreek works to load creatine into the muscle.

The effect is that creatine will work its magic and increase the supply of phosphocreatine in the body, thereby aiding your ability to train at a high intensity for longer periods due to increased energy substrate levels.

A study from the Human Performance Lab at Texas A&M found that because fenugreek has a hypoglycemic effect, combining it with creatine supplementation is just as effective as taking a creatine-carbohydrate mixture for increasing maximal strength and lean body mass.

In fact, researchers found that the creatine-fenugreek combo increased upper body strength and lean mass over a short training period of four weeks, while the creatine-carb supplement led to no short-term gains. Both supplementation protocols saw similar overall strength and lean body mass increases over the entire eight week research period.

To try it, combine 900 mg of fenugreek with 3,500 mg of creatine and avoid excess carbohydrates.

Reference:
      Taylor, L., Poole, C., Pena, E., Lewing, M., Kreider, R., Wilborn, C. Effects of Combined Creatine Plus Fenugreek Extract Vs. Creatine Plus Carbohydrate Supplementation on Resistance Training Adaptations. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2011. 10, 254-260.

Source: http://www.poliquingroup.com/Tips/ta...-Strength.aspx
      Comments 20 Comments
        romangod -
        Awesome! Can you recommend a good brand of fenugreek or what to look for?
        Bodock -
        What about Russian taragon? wasn't that suposed to increase creatine uptake also?
        ericool007 -
        Creatine better with this creatine better with that. We get it creatines also probably better with any other ergogenic ingredient or glucose shuttler too. Betaine,ara, beta-alanine-alpha lipoic acid, Cop, agmatine,citrulline. I bet any study will find the same result.
        Ristonian -
        Fenugreek and that estrodial though......
        ericool007 -
        Originally Posted by Bodock View Post
        What about Russian taragon? wasn't that suposed to increase creatine uptake also?
        I remember taking creatine RT I forgot who it was by but obviously it didn't catch on. I coukdnt tell a difference for one but I don't think it hurt.
        rphash49 -
        fenugreek also helps with the production of breast milk!!!! Wow produce your own milk!! This would be awesome! Anyone know how much protein is in a male's breast milk? Winning!
        whitexican911 -
        didnt we read this article last year..
        tyrub42 -
        I use NOW fenugreek and it works great for improving mood, reducing fat gain to a degree, skyrocketing libido, and making me smell like maple syrup all the time. You could probably just buy a kg of bulk seeds and grind them if you have a grinder also.
        romangod -
        Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
        I use NOW fenugreek and it works great for improving mood, reducing fat gain to a degree, skyrocketing libido, and making me smell like maple syrup all the time. You could probably just buy a kg of bulk seeds and grind them if you have a grinder also.
        Awesome. My wife loves pancakes!
        narinder -
        Fenugreek is used in Indian cooking, it is a natural testosterone booster also
        Canuckguy -
        Watch for gyno when using this.
        romangod -
        Originally Posted by Canuckguy View Post
        Watch for gyno when using this.
        I believe it is a prolactin stimulator.
        narinder -
        authors concluded that 500 mg of dailyAI supplementation significantly affected percent body fat, total testosterone, and bioavailable testosterone compared with a placebo in a double-blind fashion.

Effects of a purported aromatase and 5?-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men.

AuthorsWilborn C, et al. Show all Journal
        Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Dec;20(6):457-65.
        romangod -
        Originally Posted by narinder View Post
        authors concluded that 500 mg of dailyAI supplementation significantly affected percent body fat, total testosterone, and bioavailable testosterone compared with a placebo in a double-blind fashion.

Effects of a purported aromatase and 5?-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men.

AuthorsWilborn C, et al. Show all Journal
        Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Dec;20(6):457-65.
        How does that relate to the fenugreek postings?
        narinder -
        Originally Posted by romangod View Post
        How does that relate to the fenugreek postings?
        meant to send this... Fenugreek...

Testofen had an overall positive effect on physiological aspects of libido. In particular, there was a significant increase in the subdomains of sexual arousal and orgasm. Testofen had a positive effect on QOL in self-reported satisfaction with muscle strength, energy and well-being but did not have an effect on mood or sleep. Serum prolactin and testosterone levels remained within the reference range. It was concluded that Testofen demonstrated a significant positive effect on physiological aspects of libido and may assist to maintain normal healthy testosterone levels.

'Physiological Aspects of Male Libido Enhanced by Standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum Extract and Mineral Formulation.

AuthorsSteels E, et al. Show all Journal
        Phytother Res. 2011 Feb 10. doi: 10.1002/ptr.3360. [Epub ahead of print]

Gyno more likely from the prohormone/sted heads
        Ristonian -
        Originally Posted by narinder View Post
        authors concluded that 500 mg of dailyAI supplementation significantly affected percent body fat, total testosterone, and bioavailable testosterone compared with a placebo in a double-blind fashion. Effects of a purported aromatase and 5?-reductase inhibitor on hormone profiles in college-age men. AuthorsWilborn C, et al. Show all Journal Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2010 Dec;20(6):457-65.
        This is most likely the only proven study to show an increase AND I'm pretty sure that was with the supplement torabolic which uses a specific extract of fenugreek that isn't commonly used or that you can purchase on the shelves.
        narinder -
        I'm not sure I don't supplement it I had it naturally from food and I noticed I was getting like 6 erections in a couple of hours and feeling good so I googled it then looked at published studies haha. I think sci mx Fenu is one supplement if I can recall, when you have it naturally and I'm assuming supplement it makes your armpits have the same scent that that ZMA produces.
        Ristonian -
        Yeah I've been personally researching this stuff for the past week and finding contradictions is really hard on the psyche because I WANT this to be a good natural test booster you can take on the reg whenever. I have noticed when combining this with erase my aggression seems to go up. This may be due to more estradiol being binded or stopped producing more test. I don't know. Dem science gains be lacking in me.
        kisaj -
        Just wanted to add my .02. I just added in Fenugreek at around 2g a day and I am not getting the maple smell, but a couple of observations.

I am absolutely stunned at the libido increase. After the first day I noticed I woke up 2-3 times in the middle of the night with erections and then randomly throughout the days. My libido is quite good, imo, but I can't remember the last time I had 5-6 random erections throughout the day.

Secondly, the increase in energy is unexpected. I am wondering if it has to do with the way it allows the body to regulate blood sugar, but I actually get more energy after I eat and have been having trouble sleeping because I am just kind of wired. I have been doing CBL and normally I would get real tired at night with the serotonin release, but this makes me want to keep doing things. I haven't got to sleep before 1am in the last 7-8 days.

One other thing- I am on TRT, so none of this has to do with an increase of test from Fenugreek.
        IronAddiction -
        Fenu rocks, and if you like maple syrup flavor, you will love it.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.