5 3 2 Workout Plan For Strength - AnabolicMinds.com
    • 5 3 2 Workout Plan For Strength

by Mike Salazar Flex

Most of us donít particularly care how strong we are, but rather, how strong we look. Although our ultimate goals involve putting pounds on our body rather than putting pounds on the barbells we lift, increasing strength should also be a top priority, as being stronger can lead to bigger muscles.

Enter the 5-3-2 Plan for Insane Strength.

The 5-3-2 Plan is a simple 10-week program guaranteed to make you stronger. At the end of this program, expect a 225% increase in strength. Thatís a 25% strength gain over nine exercises for a 225% overall strength increase. The numbers 5-3-2 represent:

• Number of sets performed
      • Number of reps completed on each set
      • Number of weeks trained with that set/rep scheme

So, the entire program looks like this: 5 weeks of 5 sets of 5 reps; 3 weeks of 3 sets of 3 reps; and 2 weeks of 2 sets of 2 reps, for a grand total of 10 weeks.

Are you ready to get stronger and bigger? Keep reading.

Getting stronger now means that when you return to your normal workouts, youíll use more weight than before, thus placing greater overload on the muscles for more growth. Just take a look the thickest and freakiest muscled bodies on IFBB Pro League stages ó men such as Ronnie Coleman, Johnnie Jackson and Branch Warren, to name a few. The majority of the most massive physiques in bodybuilding have their roots in powerlifting and itís no coincidence that these men sport muscles that really are as strong as they look.

Before You Start

To measure the gains made on the 5-3-2 Plan, test your two-rep max on each of the nine exercises one week before starting the program. Have a spotter handy for bench presses, squats and shoulder presses.

• Begin each exercise with two or three warm-ups of lighter weight for 2-5 reps. Then, guesstimate the weight you can likely do for two reps on that exercise.
      • If you completed two reps easily, rest for three to four minutes and try again with five to 10 more pounds.
      • If you missed the two-rep mark, rest for four to five minutes and repeat with five to 10 pounds
      • less weight.
      • One week after completing the 5-3-2 Plan, retest your two-rep max

Source: http://www.flexonline.com/training/1...uge-and-strong
      Comments 18 Comments
        ITW -
        Stopped reading after the first sentence.
        Admin -
        True though or you wouldn't have guys doing 4x12 curls in the squat rack.
        ITW -
        Originally Posted by Admin View Post
        True though or you wouldn't have guys doing 4x12 curls in the squat rack.
        Hahaha this is true, sadly.
        TexasGuy -
        In two years 5-3-1 will be completely obsolete, old school junk. It simply doesn't work. All that strength was just fake strength, this is the **** bros, studies will prove it, just watch. 5-3-2 will build strength AND it's newest so clearly best.
        xigotmailx -
        So I can double every one of my lifts? Seems legit
        804 -
        Lawl
        TheMovement -
        hhmmm
        theish11 -
        glad to not be "most" strength is the best way to look good for "most" people, of course unless u have a severe overeatimg bull**** disorder. no offense i habe been there. or u like to drink 10-20 beers a day ( been there too ) getting stromg will get u ripped if u eat decent calories, protein, and enough carbs to get through your lifts. also with a moderate amount of comditioning.
        rockme -
        Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
        In two years 5-3-1 will be completely obsolete, old school junk. It simply doesn't work. All that strength was just fake strength, this is the **** bros, studies will prove it, just watch. 5-3-2 will build strength AND it's newest so clearly best.
        I agree 5/3/1 is overrated. I tried it and it did not agree with me. Old school periodization works infinitely better for me; e.g. Ed coan programs
        rockme -
        Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
        Just because something is new does not mean its automatically superior. But you are right about the whole fake strength thing. Many PLers at my gym are strapped to the gills with equipment, bands, etc. who cares how much you can lift when you got so much stuff on you have to waddle up to the rack? Their physiques usually aren't that impressive too. Don't know if that's a diet thing or a genetic thing or both
        booher07 -
        Ppl are obviously missing some sarcasm in that reply....
        napalm -
        Erm, a 25% increase over nine exercises DOES NOT EQUAL a 225% increase in strength.

Bad math

Bad article

What's next a 10/6/2 program?

I'll stick w wendler...
        Jcweinsx -
        The numbers don't add up 25% increase over nine lifts is not the same thing as 225% increase in strength. You don't just add up all your % increases across your lifts. Nice job bastardizing Jim Wendlers 5-3-1. I hope no one was paid to write this article.
        iparatroop -
        Next up, "the sphere method".
        PalmFist -
        Originally Posted by booher07 View Post
        Ppl are obviously missing some sarcasm in that reply....
        Yup
        PalmFist -
        Originally Posted by rockme View Post

I agree 5/3/1 is overrated. I tried it and it did not agree with me. Old school periodization works infinitely better for me; e.g. Ed coan programs
        You tried it? How long? If you didn't give it at least a year or more then you didn't try it. Period. 531 is tried and true...
        PalmFist -
        Originally Posted by rockme View Post

Just because something is new does not mean its automatically superior. But you are right about the whole fake strength thing. Many PLers at my gym are strapped to the gills with equipment, bands, etc. who cares how much you can lift when you got so much stuff on you have to waddle up to the rack? Their physiques usually aren't that impressive too. Don't know if that's a diet thing or a genetic thing or both
        You ever see Dan Green? Lol
        iparatroop -
        Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

You ever see Dan Green? Lol
        http://youtu.be/W35GtZdgffM