Teen Steroid Use Rising - AnabolicMinds.com
    • Teen Steroid Use Rising

By Shawn Radcliffe Men's Fitness

In a quest to “bulk up” faster, more teenagers are turning to illegal steroids, and putting their health in danger, according to a new report published in the journal Pediatrics.

A survey of over 2,700 high school students in the Minneapolis area found that 5.9 percent of boys and 4.6 percent of girls had used anabolic steroids to help them build muscle. This is part of a troubling trend, say researchers, driven in part by the media and the students’ peers—especially older adolescents. In 2009, steroid use among teens ranged from 1.3 to 2.2 percent, according to the Centers for Disease

Control and Prevention.

So how you can you help a younger brother or friend realize that turning to steroids is a terrible move?

Educate them about the serious side effects. People of any age who use steroids put themselves at increased risk of aggressiveness, violent mood swings (a.k.a. "roid rage"), paranoid jealousy, delusions, and—when sharing needles for injections—even HIV/AIDS or hepatitis infection.

Plus, steroids can lead to some physical changes that, ironically enough, are the opposite of ideal: testicle shrinkage, baldness, stunted growth (specifically in adolescents), and the development of man-breasts. If that image won't wipe the fast-tracked, bulked-up vision of a steroid-aided physique from his brain...we don't know what will.

Source: http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...se-on-the-rise
      Comments 26 Comments
        howwedo107 -
        Ummm...lets see...

Mood swings- negative I had more mood swings when I was going through puberty

Delusions- um no I'm not on acid

Roid rage- never once got so mad I couldn't control myself..again was worse as a teen in puberty not on aas

Paranoid jealousy- most males are at least a bit jealous in my opinion steroids give you more confidence

Balls shrinkage - never heard a girl say oh man his balls were so huge it was great...plus smaller balls make your penis look bigger lol

Man boobs- without a proper anti E well of course don't be a dumb ass

Aids/HIV- lmfao!!! Yeah I always pin my ass then pin a few of my aids infected bros then reuse the needle the next pin yup all the time GTFO

So mr. Article as I agree 22-23 is the lowest age for steroid use stop hyping up the bad aspects of them so much

If your a teen reading this think of it this way...you have 3 special moves to use in a game would you use them on level 1 or 2 hell no why use cheats for the easy levels...what I'm saying is enjoy natty gains and natty teen test and noob gains it's the best thing ever
        tsimf_ckis -
        Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
        Ummm...lets see...

Roid rage- never once got so mad I couldn't control myself..again was worse as a teen in puberty not on aas

Paranoid jealousy- most males are at least a bit jealous in my opinion steroids give you more confidence

Balls shrinkage - never heard a girl say oh man his balls were so huge it was great...plus smaller balls make your penis look bigger lol

Aids/HIV- lmfao!!! Yeah I always pin my ass then pin a few of my aids infected bros then reuse the needle the next pin yup all the time GTFO

So mr. Article as I agree 22-23 is the lowest age for steroid use stop hyping up the bad aspects of them so much

If your a teen reading this think of it this way...you have 3 special moves to use in a game would you use them on level 1 or 2 hell no why use cheats for the easy levels...what I'm saying is enjoy natty gains and natty teen test and noob gains it's the best thing ever

^^Couldn't agree more. It's amazing all the negative hype steroids get in America.
        PalmFist -
        Originally Posted by tsimf_ckis View Post

^^Couldn't agree more. It's amazing all the negative hype steroids get in America.
        Yup!
        D_Hoff -
        Ummm...lets see...

Lol great response. 100% accurate.

I hate when retards who no nothing about aas spout off bull **** statements as if they are facts. The writer of this article is a moron.
        edje007 -
        Ummm...lets see...

amen.....
        rabz -
        Explain facts about what roids will do to a teens HPTA. Explain that they are basically on a low dose of tear because they are teens. Explain the BENEFITS of waiting till level two in the game as said above. Like the rest, I am sick of reading this made up **** about Roid rage and delusions. Honesty would go so much further with the teens than BS. Besides we are talking about 5-6% of them trying roids. That's hardly an epidemic. There will be 5-6% of teens that inevitably do some seriously retarded crap at some point anyways regardless of what you tell them.
        v4lu3s -
        I bet the rate of user is the same as it always had been...just now more teen users are aware that many of the over the counter muscle builders ARE steroids now....
        Jake Phillips -
        If you know what you are taking into your body its fine, only the people that take things without really knowing what it does will be the people that loose out, rubbish article
        Est1969 -
        ^^ More or less agree with you except with the balls comment. You've only got two, and if you are letting them atrophy as a teen then you are cheating a future middle-aged man. It may seem like the remote future...but the day will come. Make those puppies last cause sex gets way more interesting and fun after several decades of experience, so don't miss it.
        demolition -
        Ok so when I was in highschool over 15 years ago we took questionnaires that were anonymous and it asked stuff like have you used heroin and meth and roids, myself and everyone I know marked yes just to be funny so these stats are more than likely way off. I didn't use AAS til I was over 30 myself.
        Est1969 -
        Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
        I bet the rate of user is the same as it always had been...just now more teen users are aware that many of the over the counter muscle builders ARE steroids now....
        You can buy the damn things at amazon.com. Sold like they were some kind of vitamin. People popping roids without knowing they're roids! Kinds scary...
        loafy777 -
        Originally Posted by Est1969 View Post

You can buy the damn things at amazon.com. Sold like they were some kind of vitamin. People popping roids without knowing they're roids! Kinds scary...
        Agreed. This is exactly what came to my mind. I don't recall that site going into details about support supps and such.
        HardCore1 -
        Ummm...lets see...

^^^^^^^Bowing to you right now!^^^^^^^^^
        PalmFist -
        Censor
        j05441 -
        All yall missed the other big fact. Almost as many teen girls use as guys...
        etnukekav -
        are they actually using steroids or are they insanely uneducated and think that creatine and protein are steroids, what does the survey actual ask? performance enhancing supplements? steroids? vitamins?
        EatMoar -
        They get a bad wrap because people abuse them or take them while their to young. Then the news gets a hold of a story "teen on steroids!!!!!" And it explodes with negativity. If people used them correctly, at the right age with the right knowledge steroids would never never hit the news or have a bad reputation .
        swollz -
        Lol who really cares I see these girls in my gym and they all run ph cuz they are scared of a pin... And none of them put In work... It's great when I school them... Kids shouldn't be on ph or roids.. It's retarded... If you got game it don't matter what size you are to pull hot ass... Kids are fixated In all the wrong areas and ideology... They need parents to hold there hand because half of them are so ignorant they can't even change a tire!! Definetly shouldn't play with juice... Keep it up though!! It's humor for me at the gym mr puffy kid with cakes....lol. All eyes on me... Yep I just benched that don't you wish you could???
        DrDeca -
        I am a teen and I love AAS. if you know what your doing and got the proper information and the right products and everything is good, Using this stuff wont hurt you. just get the knowledge needed to use these things safely.
        jimbuick -
        Originally Posted by DrDeca View Post
        I am a teen and I love AAS. if you know what your doing and got the proper information and the right products and everything is good, Using this stuff wont hurt you. just get the knowledge needed to use these things safely.
        No.