A Unique Contest.... Enter the Abyss

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nimbus is excited to introduce our first "Explain your Favorite Ingredient" contest. Rules of the contest are simple, take one or more of the ingredients listed in our propriaty matrix give a brief background as to why you've used it before, the benefits of use, and why you feel it complements the Nimbus Complex in terms of both use and effectiveness, in other words, why you feel the combination is truly unique.

This contest will be specifically for sleep and recovery product Abyss. The winner will recieve a free product containing the ingredient being discussed.

Discussion will focus around the following ingredients:

Abyss DS Matrix™:
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Carbonate, Methylcobalamin, Phenibut, Pyridoxine HCL, Zinc Gluconate, L-Theanine

With that being said, we look forward to hearing what the good people of AM have to say. Let the contest begin!!!:D

Attachments

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The confessions of a recovering sleep-supplement addict:

A little background about me. I'm a university student that tries to juggle working out, a ridiculously hard course load and going out 1 or 2 nights a week. Needless to say this puts alot of stress on me, and I would often find myself jumping into bed with so much on my mind that I wouldn't fall asleep for an hour +. Enter the supplements.

I first started with your standard Zinc Magnesium Aspartate. For the first three nights I actually remembered my dreams which absoluted shocked me, because I remember my dreams less than once a month! It might have to do with me dreaming about falling off the CN Tower as a kid then actually rolling out of bed and falling off, but that's a whole 'nother story! Anyways after 3 nights, I stopped remembering my dreams but I still felt I was getting some decent sleep. The bottle lasted me 2 months, and I felt it helped give me some deeper sleep and improved quality, so I was hooked.

After I ran out, I decided to try NP's Zinc Magnesium Tryptophan caps. There was about a 1 month break inbetween getting these and finishing my ZMA bottle during which time I had some very poor sleep (Quite likely from being dependent on taking any sort of pill before sleep, possibly a placebo effect). Once I used the ZMT caps, I once again had some vivid dreams for 3 days then I stopped remember my dreams and kept on having some good sleep.

Out with the old, and in with the new. I ordered some GABA and some PowerFULL.. I had experienced GABA in White Flood, and it had set my heart racing. But then I had read about it's ability to raise GH and help put people to sleep, and I thought I would give it a try. Anyways these 2 ingredients gave me a 1-2 punch that knocked me out like a rock. I initially started at about 0.5g of GABA and worked my way up to over 3g as my body built up a tolerance to it unfortunately.

Because of the tolerance, I decided to take some time off. As I started running out, I decided to order some Phenibut after some reading, but unfortunately when my order came I realize I had ordered PEA instead! :frustrate . Anyways I took this as a positive sign , and instead tried some Deep Breathing/Meditation and some adaptogenic herbs (Thank you to strategicmove for the advice). This I found to be very successful, and if I was ever really in a bind I would pop a melatonin and it :hammer: me right out!

Looking at Abyss' ingredient profile, it is almost like a mini-summary of most of the sleep aids that I've tried, all put together in a perfect combination! Abyss uses all these different compounds to help deliver better sleep through various means. The Zinc and Magnesium have been shown to help with cellular growth and repair, energy balance, and restful sleep. Training as hard as I do, I feel my body depletes itself of these minerals, and Abyss provides them in forms with a high bio-availability. Tryptophan is also another excellent addition, being the precursor to serotonin and melatonin (which has proved itself to be VERY effective in putting me to sleep!). Then Abyss takes it one step further by adding in Phenibut which acts like GABA but is able to cross the Blood-Brain Barrier. The addition of L-Theanine is a welcome addition for a stressed out student like myself because it has been shown to help reduce stress and increase relaxation.

Overall, I think that Abyss has successfully integrated many of my favourite sleep aids into one complete formula that should be capable of delivering quality sleep and promoting recovery, which is one of the most crucial aspects of any person's life.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good first entrance.:thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck, bud! I am waiting for Poseidon! :)
I've always been intrigued by Poseidon. I've had it in my cart many times, but at my last minute check when I run over whether I need it or not, it always seems to fail the cut :( I ask myself if I need it, and what my training is like without it. Being such a unique product, it's probably one of those things you don't realize you need until it's gone.

I have experience with sleep aids though, and so I was able to post my comments about Abyss quite readily. I found that while they do help, it's nice to sleep without having to take anything at all :)

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Well I really need some deep sleep so this product is exactly what I need.Ever sence I sarted this bulking cycle 8 weeks ago I have not slept a solid 8 hours.I've actually researched this product and it looks real solid.

My favorite ingredient it contains would be GABA.GABA has been used in the treatment of depression, manic-depressive (bipolar) disorder, seizures, premenstrual dysphoric (feeling depressed) disorder, and anxiety. GABA serves as a inhibitory neurotransmitter to block the transmission of an impulse from one cell to another in the central nervous system. GABA improves sleep cycles leading to more restful sleeping. GABA has powerful stabilizing effects on blood pressure. GABA is a very effective analgesic, eliminating pain from chronic conditions such as arthritis and lower back pain. GABA supplements can help to relieve the intensity of pain. They may also lessen pain-related nerve impulses.

In simple terms this stuff has alot of uses,but helping with sleep maksit paticularly interesting to me.It has become a solid supplement in many peoples lives.I've never had opportunity to use,but let me tell you from what people tell me and what I've read this stuff is no joke.

On top of all the other stuff it does Gamma naturally stimulates the anterior pituitary gland to secrete higher levels of human growth hormone (HGH). GABA signals the pituitary to naturally release HGH. HGH is a hormone that is widely known for its powerful anabolic (muscle building) effects as well as its lipotropic (breakdown and utilization of body fat) effects.If this product just did this for me it would be worth buying,but no it has unlimited possibilities.

I think I would be the perfect person right now to log your product ABYSS.With my sleep being so screwed up you would be doing me a huge favor and I in return would run a honest detailed log on how this product effected my sleep problem.The Gaba is just one ingredient that promotes sleep, this product also has L-Tryptophan, Magnesium Carbonate, Methylcobalamin, Phenibut, Pyridoxine HCL, Zinc Gluconate, L-Theanine with all of this there's no reason I should'nt be able to get my much needed 8 hours.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
solid posts from the both of you! Im going to sit this one out but i wish every entrant good luck! This is a sweet product from its ingredient profile

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm all over this as Im a sucker for nice deep sleep. I've tryed all of those compounds listed below.

Gaba..I started using this at twenty two years old because I saw it raised growth hormone 5.5 times for thirty minutes and assisted in fat loss. I took this for two years before bed, and played around with it pre-workout to take advantage of the hgh effects for thirty minutes; it made me too tired pre-workout so I went back to night-time. Nutraplanet advertised phenibut in 05 and I started taking this every so often(I recently finished my first 50 gram phenibut bottle since 2005)Phenibut kept me sleeping deep and I woke up refreshed and felt like I've been in hibernation. In 2007 I started taking L-theanine for relaxation and sleep, noticing relaxation with L-theanine and in 2008 I started taking Typtophan with b6 and so far so good. I seem get up better when using L-typtophan. Summarizing Abyss from personal experience with all of those listed; it makes an unordinarily nice sleep stack.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice entrances guys. Keep'em coming....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, since I sat out on swell (I buy it so I had some here already) I just need to decide which ingredient to pick on abyss here ;)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Well, since I sat out on swell (I buy it so I had some here already) I just need to decide which ingredient to pick on abyss here ;)
damn your so cocky :aargh:

easy knows hes going to take the little sleepy sucker home already. :toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
;) actually I do have some abyss here still so I could sit this one out too.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
;) actually I do have some abyss here still so I could sit this one out too.
That sounds good to me..lol I need this stuff bad EASY, if your not using that extra bottle just send it my way big-dawg.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not entering the contest, but i just want to say what a fantastic sleep inducing supplement this truly is. I've used it religiously for sometime now with very consistent and effective results.

GREAT product nimbus! :D

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im never really good at these fancy word contest review things, so Im not even gonna try, BUT I just wanted to say that Abyss looks very interesting to me, and, along with what Ive read about the other stuff Nimbus offers, should turn out to be a solid product. Going to have to give this one a try myself.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been intrigued by Poseidon. I've had it in my cart many times, but at my last minute check when I run over whether I need it or not, it always seems to fail the cut :( I ask myself if I need it, and what my training is like without it. Being such a unique product, it's probably one of those things you don't realize you need until it's gone.

I have experience with sleep aids though, and so I was able to post my comments about Abyss quite readily. I found that while they do help, it's nice to sleep without having to take anything at all :)
I have had some very good experiences with L-Theanine, and a few of the other compounds in Abyss, and I have written a few things on some of these compounds already. I would just need to use those write-ups for this contest. Yet, because I have always wanted to try Poseidon, I do not want to enter both contests. I doubt if anyone can win any two contests from the same company. So, I'll wait wait for Poseidon. Risky strategy, but still a strategic move! :)

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut: all the ingedients are good and it's a great combination. But out of all the ingredients alone I've had the most profound effects from Phenibut. It crosses the blood brain barrier (BBB) pretty efficiently - more so than Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid aka GABA itself, thus modulating the GABA receptors. It seems to have a little more affinity for the GABA-b receptors vs. GABA-a. Phenibut's amazing as long as it's not used in super high doses and in Abyss it seems to include an ideal amount. Also the others ingredients are all great but personally having used all seperately at some point I feel the most 'potent' ingedient is Phenibut and it's a great 'starting point' for the mix.

As for Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, it's great too. And while it may not cross the BBB as efficiently as Phenibut, it still helps modulate GABA receptors Yeilding an excellent effect. Helping with the excellent relaxation, GABA modulation has the added benefit of increasing growth hormone while sleeping. That said Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid with it's solid effects, combined with Phenibut, you have a heck of a nice GABA modulation combo.

Take this 1-2 punch and add L-Theanine which also adds to the effect of enhancing GABA modulation - and WOW. Not to mention on top of all of this, L-Theanine's effects on increasing serotonin levels for a good, relaxed mood and also L-Theanine has been shown to increase dopamine which enhances the brains 'pleasure' points. If this wasn't a hugely amazing trio already - you have ZMA as well. ZMA aids in muscle relaxation and enhanced IGF-1 production.

Next, L-Tryptophan also helps increase brain levels of serotonin - and melatonin as well for even further relaxation effects. Finally you have Methylcobalamin which can have the effects of enhancing the bodies sleep-wake rhythm system to help you stay asleep at night and you have a truly amazing, super synergystic combination that's ideal for relaxation, sleep, & mood. Not to mention the added effects of increasing growth hormone and IGF-1 which has countless benefits such as feeling better, helping our bodies retain muscle, and keeping us looking & feeling younger - just to name a few.

Wow was that a commercial? Sorry if I rambled but it's an excellent product & spectactular ingredient combo - very top notch which's common with Nimbus. One of the most top notch brands on AM by far IMHO - and this isn't the 1st time I've mentioned it. Plus if all that's not enough I take it with my last dose of Poseidon of the day - which seems to enhance the effects even further.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Risky strategy, but still a strategic move! :)
hahaha...the competition better be ready bc i have a feeling if its something you really want we will have one of those famous posts that shows your plethora of knowledge! :eek:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha...the competition better be ready bc i have a feeling if its something you really want we will have one of those famous posts that shows your plethora of knowledge! :eek:
Most of the time, if one really wants something, some complication emerges down the line... :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most of the time, if one really wants something, some complication emerges down the line... :)
But brick walls are only there to let you know how badly you want it! (Roughly paraphrased from Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture). If you haven't seen it already, I urge you to watch it
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
When does this contest end? I need some sleep.lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
Ok,sat. is good,if I'm not picked can you please give me a great deal on a bottle and I'll still run a full log for you.Thanks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maybe if the baby has a sleepless night and I do too i'll come do tryptophan entry here ;)

BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Brighten your moods with L-tryptophan

Everyone has had L-tryptophan before...EATING TURKEY (mmmmmm turkey)
Even though many still think that the turkey is the culprit behind the long thanksgiving nap. Turkey does contain L-tryptophan, but most of it is lost in cooking. You still could omit the bird and still feel the effects of the feast. L-tryptophan is also found in chicken, pork, and cheese...other amino acids are present in these foods besides tryptophan, so they don't make you sleepy.

*L-Tryptophan is a natural anti-depressant, plentiful in protein foods but largely lost through cooking and processing

*L-Tryptophan is a naturally occurring amino-acid. It is a precursor for the mood-regulating serotonin the brain neurotransmitter linked with pleasure and fulfilment.

*L-Tryptophan's is used to alleviate depression, support alcohol withdrawal and to aid weight loss. It plays an important role in our diets, and aging individuals are often in need of it as a supplement.

Benefits:
As stated before It is a precursor for the mood-regulating serotonin.. is involved in mood, appetite, sleep and behavior
-Relieves occasional sleeplessness
-Soothes nervous irritability
-Relieves muscle pain from exercise
-Supports a good mood
-Helps relieve the craving for carbohydrates.

Overall.... Abyss is a beneficial sleep aid that promotes faster recovery, a substance with definite sleep-enhancing properties. This can help you to feel less fatigued, and since there are few things that improve mood better than a good night's sleep, it can also help you have a brighter mood. Better mood = better workouts

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always hear that Turkey-Tryptophan thing at thanksgiving and every time I make sure I remind them how it's not true. Also I don't think it's the tryptophan that gets "lost in cooking", but the fact the tryptophan content is similar to many other meats and the simple fact is they ate a big meal and they are busy digesting!

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Awards
  • Established
maybe if the baby has a sleepless night and I do too i'll come do tryptophan entry here ;)
My lil boys up 4-5 times night everynight,so if thats not waking me up its having to go pee-pee from drinking the 1gallon of water per-day.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BoSox36

BoSox36

Awards
  • Established
Man...do i need this stuff!!! I dont know what it is, but ive been sleeping terrible lately. I stopped drinking pre-workout supplements with caffeine in them, and i still sleep like crap.:wtf:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reminds me of the time I translated online: Good morning friend how are you in German and strag replied back all in German. The translator couldn't keep up, but I assume you were doing well :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reminds me of the time I translated online: Good morning friend how are you in German and strag replied back all in German. The translator couldn't keep up, but I assume you were doing well :)
Perhaps strag's translator is a more recent version! :)

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Babel Fish rules! My family's from Germany but I can't speak a stint of it. Yet I can speak Spanish rather fluently. When it came to picking a language course in college I went with the one I figured would be most useful in the US - seeing how the Spanish population increases 5 fold weekly...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great applications guys. You really know how to make it difficult for a company to choose a winner. A big thank you to everyone who participated in this contest. I think each and everyone of you taught people( myself included:D) just a little extra about the product.

With that being said the winner of the Abyss Uniqueness Contest is:

Ziquor

Z pm me your addy please.:thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congratulations, Ziquor! :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is a Poseidon contest planned?
Checking in with the big man right now. We had originally planned on doing just the sports and performance line, but due to the great responses we've gotten, I want to put up a contest for our flagship as well. I think the info you boys would put up for it would be phenomonal.

If it's a go, look for the thread in this section. If not, I'll update here.:thumbsup:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats Z!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Checking in with the big man right now. We had originally planned on doing just the sports and performance line, but due to the great responses we've gotten, I want to put up a contest for our flagship as well. I think the info you boys would put up for it would be phenomonal.

If it's a go, look for the thread in this section. If not, I'll update here.:thumbsup:
No hassles!

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
:dance: :woohoo: :dance:

Thank to Nimbus for having this - keep up the great work! Thanks to everyone else to, the acadamy...