Get the THIRST for Berry BURST! NEW ModernBCAA+ Flavor Drops 12.12.17

Duality29

Duality29

Awards
I was gracious enough to have USP Labs send me one of the first tubs of their new Berry Burst BCAA flavor, in exchange for an honest review on their product.

Flavor:
Berry Burst – the Berry Burst flavor is a mixture of berries that tastes like a mix of berries (obviously), with a focus on strawberry and blueberry flavor. It may have just been my taste buds, but I got a hint of almost an almost bubblegum aftertaste, but was not bad in any manner, just unexpected. If you’re a fan of fruit flavored drinks, this will not disappoint. There is not much sweetness, possibly due to the lack of artificial color in, but there is sweetness in each sip.

Mixability:
I had no problems mixing this into 20-32oz of water. This has no artificial colors, so it’s crazy to see a BCAA product with no crazy color to it, and it looks almost identical to water when mixed in a bottle. This settles far easier than a lot of other BCAA products due to the lack of unnecessary additives.

Formula:
Some of the main USP Labs highlights on their label:

15 grams of amino acids per serving

8:1:1 Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine BCAA ratio

30 servings in each bottle

Electrolyte Blend

13 flavors to choose from

No artificial colors

Cost:

Typically, from their website you can get their Modern BCAA+ for $29.99 per tub.

The Berry Burst flavor Releases on December 12th, 2017

The promotion that they have for the release is unknown at the moment, but in my experience, USP Labs is very generous with their samples, T-shirts, shakers.

It can be ordered after signing up at www.Usplabsdirect.com/joinus
D916D1A3-3312-4057-96A7-A6183F897DC7.jpeg

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was gracious enough to have USP Labs send me one of the first tubs of their new Berry Burst BCAA flavor, in exchange for an honest review on their product.

Flavor:
Berry Burst – the Berry Burst flavor is a mixture of berries that tastes like a mix of berries (obviously), with a focus on strawberry and blueberry flavor. It may have just been my taste buds, but I got a hint of almost an almost bubblegum aftertaste, but was not bad in any manner, just unexpected. If you’re a fan of fruit flavored drinks, this will not disappoint. There is not much sweetness, possibly due to the lack of artificial color in, but there is sweetness in each sip.

Mixability:
I had no problems mixing this into 20-32oz of water. This has no artificial colors, so it’s crazy to see a BCAA product with no crazy color to it, and it looks almost identical to water when mixed in a bottle. This settles far easier than a lot of other BCAA products due to the lack of unnecessary additives.

Formula:
Some of the main USP Labs highlights on their label:

15 grams of amino acids per serving

8:1:1 Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine BCAA ratio

30 servings in each bottle

Electrolyte Blend

13 flavors to choose from

No artificial colors

Cost:

Typically, from their website you can get their Modern BCAA+ for $29.99 per tub.

The Berry Burst flavor Releases on December 12th, 2017

The promotion that they have for the release is unknown at the moment, but in my experience, USP Labs is very generous with their samples, T-shirts, shakers.

It can be ordered after signing up at www.Usplabsdirect.com/joinus
View attachment 158422
Great review!

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
BOOM!

[video=youtube;uy0VjfpmpCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy0VjfpmpCc[/video]

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

USP Labs Modern BCAA Berry Burst Review

[video=youtube_share;TR_fIwRmnAI]http://youtu.be/TR_fIwRmnAI[/video]

Taste

Berry Burst – Berry Burst is a mixture of berries that is blended in a heavy strawberry and blueberry-dominating flavor. In the aftertaste I picked up hints of raspberries. Overall if you are a fan of a refreshing fruity beverage this one is going to be a priority on the 13 flavors of Modern BCAA offered. If I could relate this to anything it would be smarties (candy), but with a fruity flavor added to them. The sweetness is dulled due to no artificial colors, but the sweetness is noted when you sip on the flavor.

Mixability

No problems when mixed in various liquid amounts. The bottle suggests 20oz for 2 scoops of cold water, but I found that even upward to 12oz (per scoop) of water did not impact the flavor. I prefer to dilute the beverage a bit. Since this has no artificial colors the flavoring is on the lighter side. But this product settles far easier then those who are loaded with artificial colors and can cause bloating.

Formula

• 15 grams of amino acids per serving!
• 8:1:1 Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine BCAA ratio!
• Almost a dozen flavors to choose from.
• 30 full (60 scoops) servings per bottle!
• Stim Free BCAA Formula
• Zero Artificial Colors

Cost

Berry Burst Releases 12-12-2017
The promo for the release is unknown at the moment, but USP Labs is very generous with their samples, T-shirts, shakers. Sign up for the IC (Inner circle) release and USP Labs will have a great offer.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome reviews guys!

agroupthink

agroupthink

Awards
  • Established
Throwing up the review from my IG I just posted. Huge thanks to USPLABS and Borobulker for hooking me.

IMG_0180.JPG

So besides the fact I drank this in the office this morning instead of intra workout, this stuff is amazing.
@usplabs Berry Burst is the newest flavor of ModernBCAA+ and is hands down, my new favorite. As the name implies it is a mixture of a variety of berries with strawberry and blueberry being the strongest to me. This isn’t overly sweet, which is great for me as I hate super sweet drinks while working out and is definitely refreshing.

IMG_0181.JPG

This stuff mixed up great, with no powder or residue requiring periodic reshaking. In addition, there are no artificial dyes or colors use, so as you can see it’s almost appears as only water in the shaker.
IMG_0182.JPG

Each serving provides a 15g serving of an 8:1:1 BCAA blend (leucine, isoleucine, valine, alanine, taurine, glycine, lysine HCL, l-alanyl-l-glutamine).
This flavor is definitely an excellent addition to the already outstanding ModernBCAA+ lineup

Attachments

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, so I have already posted a very brief IG review, but will post this more in-depth text review on here. I am finishing up a paper currently for one of my classes, and then I hope to get the full YT review uploaded before I leave for work. I will likely link that up in here when it is fully uploaded.

First and foremost, the product:

berry-burst-modern-bcaa-1.jpg

Modern BCAA+ is not a new product. I think most serious trainees have used it at some point or another during their training life. It has always been well-flavored, mixed well, and has given everything someone would be looking for in a intra-workout BCAA. What are those things?

15g of aminos per 2 scoop serving
8:1:1 ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine
Sustamine (more stable version of Glutamine)
Electrolyte blend
0 artificial colors and sugar (and one flavor with 0 artificial sweeteners)

So, I think you can easily see why people use Modern over other available BCAA products.

Now, for this new flavor specifically.

Berry Burst

-Flavor/Taste-
The new berry burst flavor is very well done IMO. It is not sickeningly sweet like many intra-workout supplements are. I have mixed it now with 12oz per scoop, and my preferred mix of 16oz per scoop. USP recommends 10oz per scoop (20oz per serving), but that is too strong of a flavor for me during my workout. I try to drink a significant amount of water while training, and anything much sweeter than plain water is difficult for me to continue drinking. In this respect, they did a fantastic job. The flavor is balanced well (hard to isolate specific berries for my untrained palate), and is light enough to continue drinking throughout a tough training session. I don't generally use anything besides plain water during my sessions, but I would have no problem recommending this to people who use intra drinks, and could see myself using this flavor regularly during my tough ME sessions.

Mixability-
Modern BCAA mixes very, very easily. I generally have been using just a cup and a spoon (chopstick, actually) because 1.) I don't have clear shaker bottles to see how things mix and 2.) I don't need a lid on my drinks because my gym is at my house. I have also used the handheld mixer that my wife has lying around (typically used for protein in my house), and it mixes instantly. There is some foam that builds at the top (from the leucine, and is typical of my experience with BCAAs), but it dissipates nearly immediately (in only a couple of minutes). Very little residue at the bottom of the glass, and 0 floaties that I noticed on any occasion thus far.

Formula-
See above. Gives everything that would be desired for a BCAA drink IMO.

Dosage-
15g per serving (7.5g per scoop) is a solid dosage and the 8:1:1 ratio gives you more of the leucine than any other BCAA product that immediately comes to mind for me.

Cost-
Hard to say. This product is not going to be released until tomorrow (Dec. 12), and I suspect USP will be doing a huge IC/Barbell club sale for it then. Modern BCAA+ sells for 29.99 for 30 servings from usplabsdirect as a regular price, so right at $1/per serving, which is not bad. This is a better price per amino than most of the direct competitors and the flavoring is much better IME. All told, the product comes with 60 full scoops for that ~$30 price (when not on sale), and I think that is pretty hard to beat.

Final thoughts-
I am very pleased with this product on the whole. I have used modern BCAA+ in the past (usually watermelon flavored), and I have never had any complaints to make. This flavor is very well done, and would easily be the favorite for me. I have not tried all of the flavors of Modern BCAA+, so I can't speak to all of them, but it is definitely the best one that I have tried to date. As always with this product, it mixes well, does exactly what you would expect, and tastes great. I would not hesitate to recommend this new flavor to anyone.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so I have already posted a very brief IG review, but will post this more in-depth text review on here. I am finishing up a paper currently for one of my classes, and then I hope to get the full YT review uploaded before I leave for work. I will likely link that up in here when it is fully uploaded.

First and foremost, the product:

View attachment 158455

Modern BCAA+ is not a new product. I think most serious trainees have used it at some point or another during their training life. It has always been well-flavored, mixed well, and has given everything someone would be looking for in a intra-workout BCAA. What are those things?

15g of aminos per 2 scoop serving
8:1:1 ratio of Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine
Sustamine (more stable version of Glutamine)
Electrolyte blend
0 artificial colors and sugar (and one flavor with 0 artificial sweeteners)

So, I think you can easily see why people use Modern over other available BCAA products.

Now, for this new flavor specifically.

Berry Burst

-Flavor/Taste-
The new berry burst flavor is very well done IMO. It is not sickeningly sweet like many intra-workout supplements are. I have mixed it now with 12oz per scoop, and my preferred mix of 16oz per scoop. USP recommends 10oz, but that is too strong of a flavor for me during my workout. I try to drink a significant amount of water while training, and anything much sweeter than plain water is difficult for me to continue drinking. In this respect, they did a fantastic job. The flavor is balanced well (hard to isolate specific berries for my untrained palate), and is light enough to continue drinking throughout a tough training session. I don't generally use anything besides plain water during my sessions, but I would have no problem recommending this to people who use intra drinks, and could see myself using this flavor regularly during my tough ME sessions.

Mixability-
Modern BCAA mixes very, very easily. I generally have been using just a cup and a spoon (chopstick, actually) because 1.) I don't have clear shaker bottles to see how things mix and 2.) I don't need a lid on my drinks because my gym is at my house. I have also used the handheld mixer that my wife has lying around (typically used for protein in my house), and it mixes instantly. There is some foam that builds at the top (from the leucine, and is typical of my experience with BCAAs), but it dissipates nearly immediately (in only a couple of minutes). Very little residue at the bottom of the glass, and 0 floaties that I noticed on any occasion thus far.

Formula-
See above. Gives everything that would be desired for a BCAA drink IMO.

Dosage-
15g per serving (7.5g per scoop) is a solid dosage and the 8:1:1 ratio gives you more of the leucine than any other BCAA product that immediately comes to mind for me.

Cost-
Hard to say. This product is not going to be released until tomorrow (Dec. 12), and I suspect USP will be doing a huge IC/Barbell club sale for it then. Modern BCAA+ sells for 29.99 for 30 servings from usplabsdirect as a regular price, so right at $1/per serving, which is not bad. This is a better price per amino than most of the direct competitors and the flavoring is much better IME. All told, the product comes with 60 full scoops for that ~$30 price (when not on sale), and I think that is pretty hard to beat.

Final thoughts-
I am very pleased with this product on the whole. I have used modern BCAA+ in the past (usually watermelon flavored), and I have never had any complaints to make. This flavor is very well done, and would easily be the favorite for me. I have not tried all of the flavors of Modern BCAA+, so I can't speak to all of them, but it is definitely the best one that I have tried to date. As always with this product, it mixes well, does exactly what you would expect, and tastes great. I would not hesitate to recommend this new flavor to anyone.
thank you sir for the time!

Quick correction: we recommend 20 ounces on the label.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thank you sir for the time!

Quick correction: we recommend 20 ounces on the label.
I may have been unclear, I was referring to 10oz per scoop since I had been mixing it lighter at about 14-16oz per scoop.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
SICk reviews! We appreciate your support and feedback

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
My mom actually got that for my wife as a birthday gift a few weeks ago. It is very convenient to have, honestly. Great for protein shakes.
I'm not hatin'. It looks very convenient.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My mom actually got that for my wife as a birthday gift a few weeks ago. It is very convenient to have, honestly. Great for protein shakes.
Martyfnemec just uses his finger. Does not work as well.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established