Poll for Gym community

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
In today the fitness industry has been booming with supplement companies, apparel companies, and etc. What are some things that you guys within the community are looking for that aren’t always readily found. Whether it’s cheaper apparel for the gym to better made shaker bottles what is that thing..?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
A search engine like ammo seek but for supplements, so you type in whatever supp your looking for and it compares prices from Amazon vitamin shoppe etc. And then you just take your pick.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
A search engine like ammo seek but for supplements, so you type in whatever supp your looking for and it compares prices from Amazon vitamin shoppe etc. And then you just take your pick.
Interesting... would you pay small fee or, small subscription to have one..? Again these are just ideas that well I might want to purse one day. I currently am in the making of a apparel company however I feel like the fitness industry could use better thing.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Interesting... would you pay small fee or, small subscription to have one..? Again these are just ideas that well I might want to purse one day. I currently am in the making of a apparel company however I feel like the fitness industry could use better thing.
Ammoseek just advertises

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Canned quality food to get a quick protein rich meal on the go, low on sodium and preservatives.
Re-invented for the conscious athlete.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
Canned quality food to get a quick protein rich meal on the go, low on sodium and preservatives.
Thank you for the response, just a thought aren’t protein bars, beef jerky (some brands) have low preservatives and sodium per say?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Simple reusable bottles..or more accurately a cup with a lid you can tighten. I like to make a lot of shakes at once but never have enough shaker cups to put them in. I use plastic bottles but you can’t reuse them more than once or so because 1. They don’t clean well and 2. They degrade. So a set of 6-8 of these resealable washable cups would be amazing. Idk how much demand would be for them. But shaker bottles are like $8-10 per bottle. I’d be cool with what I suggested an 8pack for like $2-4 per bottle (so total about $16-32).

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
Simple reusable bottles..or more accurately a cup with a lid you can tighten. I like to make a lot of shakes at once but never have enough shaker cups to put them in. I use plastic bottles but you can’t reuse them more than once or so because 1. They don’t clean well and 2. They degrade. So a set of 6-8 of these resealable washable cups would be amazing. Idk how much demand would be for them. But shaker bottles are like $8-10 per bottle. I’d be cool with what I suggested an 8pack for like $2-4 per bottle (so total about $16-32).
Not bad thought, and yeah for the average consumer I don’t think many people makes it all at once lol. 2 things just wonder why do you do that haha is it just more efficient? And 2 try mason jars their relatively cheap and multi useful just don’t throw them around lol but their pretty air tight.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I just can’t open the can and eat them in my apt...else my cats will think it’s dinner time and I’ll never hear the end of it...

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
I just can’t open the can and eat them in my apt...else my cats will think it’s dinner time and I’ll never hear the end of it...
Dannnng my dude. Lol rip yeah mmm I’m sure there’s other things for sure similar to that. But thank you for the idea though. If I think of anything I’d definitely let you know.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Not bad thought, and yeah for the average consumer I don’t think many people makes it all at once lol. 2 things just wonder why do you do that haha is it just more efficient? And 2 try mason jars their relatively cheap and multi useful just don’t throw them around lol but their pretty air tight.
I just hate having to constantly go in and out of various protein powder bags/jars and preworkout powders. I prepare like 3 different shakes for each gym session. And then I have a shake for breakfast but hate waking up and having to make it lol. Protein is stable in water...just can’t have creatine in the premise shakes but that’s not a big deal. And yeah good call mason jars are a good idea.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
I just hate having to constantly go in and out of various protein powder bags/jars and preworkout powders. I prepare like 3 different shakes for each gym session. And then I have a shake for breakfast but hate waking up and having to make it lol. Protein is stable in water...just can’t have creatine in the premise shakes but that’s not a big deal. And yeah good call mason jars are a good idea.
Yeah haha their like 20 bucks for like a pack of 12.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A shaker bottle that won't smell after I accidentally leave it in my car in the Florida summer for a week with a leftover shake in it please.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cans for bulking:
-huge cans
-pull tab resistance: 3lbs
-full of delicious food
Cans for cutting:
-huge cans, heavy
-pull tab resistance 350lbs
-if you managed to open it, full of broccoli

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
A shaker bottle that won't smell after I accidentally leave it in my car in the Florida summer for a week with a leftover shake in it please.
Soo.... bleach + detergent + fairy dust < protein powder, milk, sun. Good game

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Soo.... bleach + detergent + fairy dust < protein powder, milk, sun. Good game
I'm only comfortable using bleach in my shaker bottle so many times haha. I'm talking one that wouldn't smell after just rinsing out the old shake, but that may be less "improving shaker bottles" and more "Nobel Prize worthy."

I was half-joking when I originally said it, but it'd be awesome.

TheHoBoi

TheHoBoi

Awards
I'm only comfortable using bleach in my shaker bottle so many times haha. I'm talking one that wouldn't smell after just rinsing out the old shake, but that may be less "improving shaker bottles" and more "Nobel Prize worthy."

I was half-joking when I originally said it, but it'd be awesome.
Oh I know hahaha it was also a joke response but yeah idk man that’s one tricky invention to kill a forgotten protein shaker

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I know hahaha it was also a joke response but yeah idk man that’s one tricky invention to kill a forgotten protein shaker
I think it's mostly because my car doesn't have a cupholder, so I always end up forgetting the bottle on the floor or other seat of my car.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
this exists... priceplow

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
glass bottle or metal shaker?... these wouldn't hold a smell

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A bit of a fitness tracker..... that automatically identifies each exercise type how many lbs/kg per rep and No. of sets, so basically a complete summary of the workout, downloadable, compiles the total amount of weight lifted, time under stress and can be easily managed :)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A bit of a fitness tracker..... that automatically identifies each exercise type how many lbs/kg per rep and No. of sets, so basically a complete summary of the workout, downloadable, compiles the total amount of weight lifted, time under stress and can be easily managed :)
Would have been a good addition to Moov Now

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Would have been a good addition to Moov Now
gymaholic is what I've been using lately since i can get it on my apple watch and not have to have my phone with me...You can create any custom workout and it tracks sets, reps, weights, time, hr, and progress (and allows you to bump by percentages). I never thought I would give up my notebook but im loving it so far.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gymaholic is what I've been using lately since i can get it on my apple watch and not have to have my phone with me...You can create any custom workout and it tracks sets, reps, weights, time, hr, and progress (and allows you to bump by percentages). I never thought I would give up my notebook but im loving it so far.
Interesting.Is it the app by Devenyi Gabor?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks brother. This is useful. I hate taking my phone to the gym. But, let me give this a try.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Priceplow and fitnessdealnews
My only issue with priceplow deals page is they only have a small subset of online retailers, they have alot of pretty common sites missing in their search. I will say for some sites they have their own unique discount code so you can save few bucks extra from time to time.

FDN does a much better job of this IMO. So between the 2 its pretty comprehensive.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My only issue with priceplow deals page is they only have a small subset of online retailers, they have alot of pretty common sites missing in their search. I will say for some sites they have their own unique discount code so you can save few bucks extra from time to time.

FDN does a much better job of this IMO. So between the 2 its pretty comprehensive.
I look at both. But, first preference, like you said, is FDN. They post some sick deals which PP doesn't show on their site.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont have the slightest idea who that is haha

http://www.gymaholic.me/
I tried out the app today. It is pretty great! I wish you could create your workouts online on the computer and then download to the app.. I just didn't like having to constantly look at my phone for rest times. I can see why you would like it with the apple watch..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I tried out the app today. It is pretty great! I wish you could create your workouts online on the computer and then download to the app.. I just didn't like having to constantly look at my phone for rest times. I can see why you would like it with the apple watch..
if you dont stick to strict rest times tho you wouldnt even need to worry... for me, I dont care all that much so my watch just vibrates but I go whenever I feel ready ha

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you dont stick to strict rest times tho you wouldnt even need to worry... for me, I dont care all that much so my watch just vibrates but I go whenever I feel ready ha
True. I was trying to stick to times just to try out the app, but same as you. I go when i’m ready. I really liked the warm up feature! Imma be starting your 5 day next week. So i may spend the weekend adding the workouts to the app. ;)

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I would be in on apparel. Esp stuff that's well priced for the gym and out of it. But I have a hard time finding stuff that's fitted. I like most like to show off the work I do. Stuff that's tighter around the chest and arms area would be a must in anything I buy

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Well a tj maxx has some shaker bottle (real brand) for only $1 no joke! Haha

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Priceplow bro
Edit: did not read the rest of the thread before answering lol