USPlabs FREEBIE FRIDAY - Win FREE Jack3d / Yok3d / Shaker - EASY TO ENTER >>>>>>>

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Of the three, haven't tried Yok3d

    But with the majority here, I'd go without straps. Saw a dude pull 700+ at my gym with just chalk, so there's that


  2. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    My back is stronger than my grip. I work on improving grip on other days with other exercises, but I'm not selling my back short when I know it can handle more weight.
    this is exactly my thought process... i couldnt care less about grip strength when it comes down to that vs back development... aint nobody gonna tell me my hands look strong haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   
       


  3. With or without as long as the weights loud lmao
    Alpha20 - Chaos and Pain 20% off your order today.
    PM with any questions bros!

  4. It depends on what I'm doing.

    I haven't been able to deadlift in nearly a year because of injuries.

    But, i would go no straps for the first few sets and higher reps. Then once I kept failing because it was slipping, I'd throw the straps on so I could get the benefit of the heavier weight. I tend to use straps for most things, and do forearm specific stuff to get better grip strength.



  5. Versa gripps-- one of the best purchases I ever made( continue to make they last about 2 years for me)
    •   
       


  6. It depends on the day. And when I do the deads. Beginning of workout no straps after a full back day to just kill it my grip will be dead so to get the volume I'll use straps. Also if I'm going for a pr and I can feel it slipping on my normal max I'll use straps but I'll usually try to hit my max without straps using various grips to know I can always pull that number. Right now I can pull 425 no straps with regular grip, both ways hook grips in both standard and sumo stance.

  7. no straps (need chalk)

  8. Yess been dying too try jack3d! Maybe this can be my blessing.

    Deads ALWAYS without straps, better grip strength, less hassel, feel like a ***** if i used them, not saying people that do are, just my own personal feeling.. And there are definitley times the forearms burn out and holding it becomes impossible, so MAYBE once a year i would break the cycle but i feel like your not getting 110% using anything other then your own flesh and bone and soul.

  9. Hook grip and chalk FTW....love it. Hook grip has so many applications
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  10. Quote Originally Posted by KilaCali View Post
    Yess been dying too try jack3d! Maybe this can be my blessing.

    Deads ALWAYS without straps, better grip strength, less hassel, feel like a ***** if i used them, not saying people that do are, just my own personal feeling.. And there are definitley times the forearms burn out and holding it becomes impossible, so MAYBE once a year i would break the cycle but i feel like your not getting 110% using anything other then your own flesh and bone and soul.
    Oh look, the resident "freebies"/promos only poster...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  11. Oh look the resident enforcer worrying about people more then himself obviously. Glad i could give you something so meaningful to do with your life.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by KilaCali View Post
    Oh look the resident enforcer worrying about people more then himself obviously. Glad i could give you something so meaningful to do with your life.
    Just stating facts... post history doesn't lie
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Just stating facts... post history doesn't lie
    Yea your right if your pointing out only that about someone when i have a much larger percent showing otherwise. Maybe you should start your own forum where there is no such thing as promos and them you wouldnt have to make smartass comments about anyone applying for them? Just a thought, but preach on, sure you got plenty of people on your side that worry about other mens lives and what they do with them on a daily basis. Hope you felt some sort of satisfaction from that and feel you progressed in life

  14. Defensive much?
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  15. Quote Originally Posted by KilaCali View Post
    Yea your right if your pointing out only that about someone when i have a much larger percent showing otherwise. Maybe you should start your own forum where there is no such thing as promos and them you wouldnt have to make smartass comments about anyone applying for them? Just a thought, but preach on, sure you got plenty of people on your side that worry about other mens lives and what they do with them on a daily basis. Hope you felt some sort of satisfaction from that and feel you progressed in life
    Not sure where you see "preaching" or "worrying about other men's lives" nor do I understand what your terrible grammar is trying to say but I do make it a point to call out the very few guys on here that are flat out frauds and do this forum no benefit.

    I feel quite satisfied. All I was aiming for was to point out something indisputable, which I have now.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  16. Yea it depends.

    Typically, always strapless and pull hook grip. Unless it's an AMRAP, then I strap up.

    Also, if I ripped a callus... straps it is.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  17. Straps are like gloves.. da fuk you where them for? 2 match your purse or to keep them soft to beat your boyfriend later? Ppsshh... RAW all the way... Gotta keep a grip on things know what I mean?

  18. Ladies, ladies! At least put your purses down before commencing to scratch one another's eyes out.
    If I win, I will give you a taste of my winnings.
    Ok, that was a lie.
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION : USE "JUST410" for 10% OFF
    IG: @VeinNutrition
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ALX393 View Post
    Straps are like gloves.. da fuk you where them for? 2 match your purse or to keep them soft to beat your boyfriend later? Ppsshh... RAW all the way... Gotta keep a grip on things know what I mean?
    No straps -- grip fails over 4 plates on each side.

    Straps -- I can get 6 on each side.

    If my goal is working my back, it's an easy choice for me. I'll work grip strength on volume days and specifically with forearm work and other things. But I mean, if you fall into the same boat as me you're selling yourself short.

    Oh, and my purse looks awesome strapped over my huge traps and ripped back since I go heavier with my straps 😘😘😘

    😎😂
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  20. No straps up to four plates. After four plates I need straps. i just feel as though the straps take the grip away and you can focus on just brute strength. Hell Thor and Brian Shaw wear them and they could probably Crush a stone of granite in their hands.
    Vein Nutrition Forum Rep IG-The_One_BD438
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Blue10 for 10% off your order

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    No straps -- grip fails over 4 plates on each side.

    Straps -- I can get 6 on each side.

    If my goal is working my back, it's an easy choice for me. I'll work grip strength on volume days and specifically with forearm work and other things. But I mean, if you fall into the same boat as me you're selling yourself short.

    Oh, and my purse looks awesome strapped over my huge traps and ripped back since I go heavier with my straps

    Good thing it's got the strap on it...so you can pick it up.

  22. ..purse? What purse? It's a kettle bell... need to get my work out in while walking around the mall .. jokes aside everyone has to admit.. you need straps if you're going to go super heavy.. you can only go raw so far till the bar start slipping out your fingers

  23. I joke because I love. ❤️

  24. No straps. Want those big forearms.

  25. Team No straps all the way. Unless I'm doing 10-15 reps for accesories.

    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    ✯Use Code SWOLE30 to save an additional 30% OFF
    ✯APSNutrition✯ALRIndustries✯LG Sciences✯Innovative Labs✯
    ✯Hi-Tech✯FormutechNutrition✯IForce Nutrition✯

    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Answer questions about our Health Series - WIN FREE SHAKER CUPS!
    By VaughnTrue in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 03:05 PM
  3. Important RPM Release Updates…Plus, Win Free RPM!!!!
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3088
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
  4. Win Free Groceries For a Year!
    By sugamber in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Log in
Log in