USPlabs FREEBIE FRIDAY - Win FREE Jack3d / Yok3d / Shaker - EASY TO ENTER >>>>>>>

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
USPlabs FREEBIE FRIDAY - Win FREE Jack3d / Yok3d / Shaker - EASY TO ENTER >>>>>>>

2017-03-10 10_34_58-1080x1080_FRIDAY_W2.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.png

***Freebie Friday*** To enter, let us hear it...

Share your choice – Deadlifts WITH or WITHOUT straps?

Two (2) winners will be randomly selected on 3/13/17 and will receive one (1) bottle of Jack3d, one (1) bottle of Yok3d, and one (1) USPlabs 3-in-1 Shaker.

(Winners will be announced in this post. Winners must submit information within 5 days of selection or winnings will be forfeited. 18+ ONLY, please. US Shipping Address’ Only. Alternate product may be substituted based upon availability at time of shipping. We are not responsible for packages that do not make it to their final destination. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.)

Visit www.usplabsdirect.com for more info!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sick deals from USPlabs this month...

2017-03-10 10_43_15-Jack3d™ Pre Workout Supplement _ Jacked 3d.png

2017-03-10 10_43_30-Yok3d_ Nitric Oxide Supp _ Pre Workout Pills.png

2017-03-10 10_46_25-Modern Creatine - Creatine_Betaine Supplement.png

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
NO STRAPS!!!!

As a rock climber, martial artist, and general strength athlete, grip strength is king! The importance of the mind muscle connection forged through heavy deads sans straps, can not be overstated.

Also...thick bar deads when I'm feelin froggy. No straps of course!

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I Deadlift without straps to maximize grip strength

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strapped... down. Wait.
What was the question again?
I mean strapless. I go strapless.
I have a vice like grip because of it.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Loving this! And yes to chalk and hook grip!

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Without are you kidding me bros!!!! Real man hands!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
depends on the rep range and goal...

for high reps or max attempts, straps all day

for just general strength/size building, bare naked!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Really.... I've tried to hookgrip. Never with any success.
I couldn't have pulled that without it. Heck I can't pull over 400 without hook grip. I hurt myself using straps about a year and 1/2 ago haven't done deads with them since that time. Heavy bent over rows are
a different story.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't have pulled that without it. Heck I can't pull over 400 without hook grip. I hurt myself using straps about a year and 1/2 ago haven't done deads with them since that time. Heavy bent over rows are
a different story.
Pretty awesome. Impressive!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im in Sweden so i cant compete, but im in to support a great giveaway.

I prefer to lift without straps myself. I find all my pull-ups has helped alot with building a solid grip.

Colby.Strunk

Colby.Strunk

Awards
  • Established
For me, it totally depends on the exercise and setting.

In Powerlifting, no straps (of course).
In Strongman where it's max weight, or heavy weight for reps- straps
For trap bar deadlifts, I will usually work up to 500lbs before adding straps..

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in the "it depends" club. For speed work or >6 reps: strapless, mixed-grip and changing the overhand from set to set.

Anything else I'm strapped in for the ride

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in the "it depends" club. For speed work or >6 reps: strapless, mixed-grip and changing the overhand from set to set.

Anything else I'm strapped in for the ride
That's where I'm at... Just used straps for the first time in like 5 years last week and I really liked it. I've never failed a DL on grip though, and that's up to 655. So, I guess if you keep your grip strong you're good?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deadlifts without straps....I have small wrists and the straps are usually big which means I have to wrap them a million times around the bar and reduces my grip rather than improve it

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
depends on the rep range and goal...

for high reps or max attempts, straps all day

for just general strength/size building, bare naked!
Yes, not first to say straps.

But only when over 90% of max.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not entering (just so others get a chance :) ), but I'm in the club of "depends on the goal" as well.

I normally deadlift with straps because my goal is max weight for ~5 reps. My back is stronger than my grip. I work on improving grip on other days with other exercises, but I'm not selling my back short when I know it can handle more weight.

BCC912

BCC912

Awards
Of the three, haven't tried Yok3d

But with the majority here, I'd go without straps. Saw a dude pull 700+ at my gym with just chalk, so there's that

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My back is stronger than my grip. I work on improving grip on other days with other exercises, but I'm not selling my back short when I know it can handle more weight.
this is exactly my thought process... i couldnt care less about grip strength when it comes down to that vs back development... aint nobody gonna tell me my hands look strong haha

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
With or without as long as the weights loud lmao

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It depends on what I'm doing.

I haven't been able to deadlift in nearly a year because of injuries.

But, i would go no straps for the first few sets and higher reps. Then once I kept failing because it was slipping, I'd throw the straps on so I could get the benefit of the heavier weight. I tend to use straps for most things, and do forearm specific stuff to get better grip strength.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
[video=youtube;XHyyOPWxplg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyyOPWxplg[/video]

Versa gripps-- one of the best purchases I ever made( continue to make they last about 2 years for me)

Defyantly

Defyantly

Awards
It depends on the day. And when I do the deads. Beginning of workout no straps after a full back day to just kill it my grip will be dead so to get the volume I'll use straps. Also if I'm going for a pr and I can feel it slipping on my normal max I'll use straps but I'll usually try to hit my max without straps using various grips to know I can always pull that number. Right now I can pull 425 no straps with regular grip, both ways hook grips in both standard and sumo stance.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Yess been dying too try jack3d! Maybe this can be my blessing.

Deads ALWAYS without straps, better grip strength, less hassel, feel like a ***** if i used them, not saying people that do are, just my own personal feeling.. And there are definitley times the forearms burn out and holding it becomes impossible, so MAYBE once a year i would break the cycle but i feel like your not getting 110% using anything other then your own flesh and bone and soul.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Hook grip and chalk FTW....love it. Hook grip has so many applications

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yess been dying too try jack3d! Maybe this can be my blessing.

Deads ALWAYS without straps, better grip strength, less hassel, feel like a ***** if i used them, not saying people that do are, just my own personal feeling.. And there are definitley times the forearms burn out and holding it becomes impossible, so MAYBE once a year i would break the cycle but i feel like your not getting 110% using anything other then your own flesh and bone and soul.
Oh look, the resident "freebies"/promos only poster...

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Oh look the resident enforcer worrying about people more then himself obviously. Glad i could give you something so meaningful to do with your life.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh look the resident enforcer worrying about people more then himself obviously. Glad i could give you something so meaningful to do with your life.
Just stating facts... post history doesn't lie ;)

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Just stating facts... post history doesn't lie ;)
Yea your right if your pointing out only that about someone when i have a much larger percent showing otherwise. Maybe you should start your own forum where there is no such thing as promos and them you wouldnt have to make smartass comments about anyone applying for them? Just a thought, but preach on, sure you got plenty of people on your side that worry about other mens lives and what they do with them on a daily basis. Hope you felt some sort of satisfaction from that and feel you progressed in life

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Defensive much?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea your right if your pointing out only that about someone when i have a much larger percent showing otherwise. Maybe you should start your own forum where there is no such thing as promos and them you wouldnt have to make smartass comments about anyone applying for them? Just a thought, but preach on, sure you got plenty of people on your side that worry about other mens lives and what they do with them on a daily basis. Hope you felt some sort of satisfaction from that and feel you progressed in life
Not sure where you see "preaching" or "worrying about other men's lives" nor do I understand what your terrible grammar is trying to say but I do make it a point to call out the very few guys on here that are flat out frauds and do this forum no benefit.

I feel quite satisfied. All I was aiming for was to point out something indisputable, which I have now.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea it depends.

Typically, always strapless and pull hook grip. Unless it's an AMRAP, then I strap up.

Also, if I ripped a callus... straps it is.

ALX393

ALX393

Awards
Straps are like gloves.. da fuk you where them for? 2 match your purse or to keep them soft to beat your boyfriend later? Ppsshh... RAW all the way... Gotta keep a grip on things know what I mean?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ladies, ladies! At least put your purses down before commencing to scratch one another's eyes out.
If I win, I will give you a taste of my winnings.
Ok, that was a lie.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Straps are like gloves.. da fuk you where them for? 2 match your purse or to keep them soft to beat your boyfriend later? Ppsshh... RAW all the way... Gotta keep a grip on things know what I mean?
No straps -- grip fails over 4 plates on each side.

Straps -- I can get 6 on each side.

If my goal is working my back, it's an easy choice for me. I'll work grip strength on volume days and specifically with forearm work and other things. But I mean, if you fall into the same boat as me you're selling yourself short.

Oh, and my purse looks awesome strapped over my huge traps and ripped back since I go heavier with my straps ???

??

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No straps up to four plates. After four plates I need straps. i just feel as though the straps take the grip away and you can focus on just brute strength. Hell Thor and Brian Shaw wear them and they could probably Crush a stone of granite in their hands.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
No straps -- grip fails over 4 plates on each side.

Straps -- I can get 6 on each side.

If my goal is working my back, it's an easy choice for me. I'll work grip strength on volume days and specifically with forearm work and other things. But I mean, if you fall into the same boat as me you're selling yourself short.

Oh, and my purse looks awesome strapped over my huge traps and ripped back since I go heavier with my straps

Good thing it's got the strap on it...so you can pick it up.

ALX393

ALX393

Awards
..purse? What purse? It's a kettle bell... need to get my work out in while walking around the mall .. jokes aside everyone has to admit.. you need straps if you're going to go super heavy.. you can only go raw so far till the bar start slipping out your fingers

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Team No straps all the way. Unless I'm doing 10-15 reps for accesories.

[video=youtube;ytOT9D1MQK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytOT9D1MQK4[/video]