Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Share Your Best Training Tips... Win Xtend Promo

We all bust our asses in the gym day in and day out, but sometimes there are small tweaks we can utilize in our training to improve.
Sometimes we lose our train of thought and think just add more weight = more gains in the gym. That is not always the case.
A small tweak in how you perfrom an exercise, a small change in your breathing during a working set can make a drastic difference, setting up for an exercise can make a big change on how you activate a muscle.

So How can you win????

How to Win in this promotion:

** 1) Share one of your best training tips
** 2) Who gave you this tip?
** 3) What is the biggest mistake you see other trainees doing in the gym?

What is up for Grabs?

Your choice of the new Xtend Flavors
- Blood Orange
- Strawberry Mango
- Tangerine

(1 Tub per winner)

If Chosen:

- Provide an initial review & Final Review
** Taste (How did it alter based off liquid and powder used)
** Mixability (How Much water you used and how many scoops.. Vary your amount)
** Formula (Dislikes/Likes)
** Workout Performance (Did you notice better recovery, performance, or endurance in your training or cardiovascular activities)

Dosing:

- Xtend: take 2 servings per day (prefer around your workout.. I always Suggest 1 Pre and 1 Intra)
or dose both intra-workout.

Things to Consider:

- Throw in different intensity techniques, shorter rest times, and other forms of cardio. This will help gauge recovery, endurance, and performance during your run of the supplement

Please put your review RIGHT HERE: Use the product at lest 7-10 days before writing your review.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/218708-xtend-30-servings.html#post5656522

- Open to US / CA Residents
- Multiple Winners

Great Example of Previous loggers/Reviewers

Xtend Perform:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282005-xtend-perform-black.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282006-xtend-perform-cordycep.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282160-optimizing-my-performance.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280817-saved-scivation.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/281603-scivation-xtend-perform.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280516-performing-better-new.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280586-better-than-your.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/280519-time-now-perform.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282949-scivation-xtend-perform.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282985-xtend-perform-log.html#post5418990
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/283070-_-lynks8-getting.html

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for support. I've heard nothing but great things about the new Xtend flavors.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome promo! In for Blood Orange...

One of the best tips, is always the one that I think is the most overlooked - especially for beginners.

TIP: Keep it simple

So many beginners overlook the basic groundwork for success because they read about a routine in Men's Fitness that will gain them 20lbs in one month......Yeah right!

Stick to bench/overhead presses, pulls, and squats and after you've made progress on those THAN look in to adding in all of the isolation movements.

Not saying that isolation movements don't have their place, but too many people stress out and prioritize them over the ones that they need to focus on. OR they burn themselves out putting so much in to complexity and (my favorite) "confusing the muscle".

Applying simplicity to training AND nutrition will always be king for long term success. This isn't even a tip that someone specific taught me, but rather an accumulation of many different peoples' thoughts.

It works, trust me.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Solution - Blood Orange or Strawberry Mango? Haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Solution - Blood Orange or Strawberry Mango? Haha
Personally
1) Blood Orange --> Tastes like Tang
2) Strawberry Mango --> Strong Mango with Strawberry aftertaste (mike used real mango's in this flavor)
3) tangerine --> Hi-C / Tic Tac's

how i rank them

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Scivation has hooked me up so much over the past few months I couldn't thank them enough. I love their products and truly want ever one to see for themselves what I and others already are on to, regarding this company and the benefits their products offer us.

That said I'm just going to put a tip in bc I think it's a great thread on its own, the giveaway is just gravy. I don't want to be considered for the giveaway though, as I'd rather someone who's never tried to get a shot.

My tip:
Add bat wings to your back day.

The bat wings movement isolates and dies a great job working the rhomboid. It looks a lot like an incline 2 db row but it's different.

Set up an incline bench to about 45 degrees

Grab a heavy but not failure type heavy dbs.

Stomach down in bench grab the db from the floor.

Bring them straight up as if you r trying to put them in your armpits.

While at that position hold it. While holding try to picture you r putting your shoulders in your back pockets.

Lower the weights to half way and repeat. You do these to prevent the pull to utilize as much lats as u can trying to keep the rhomboid as the prime mover.

Run about 4 sets for 5 reps.

Personally I use these as a warm up but can be used anywhere. Ss with kelso shrugs is also a nice combo to work that entire area.

Heard this a few years back searching some pros sites. I don't remember exactly who listed it though.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Personally
1) Blood Orange --> Tastes like Tang
2) Strawberry Mango --> Strong Mango with Strawberry aftertaste (mike used real mango's in this flavor)
3) tangerine --> Hi-C / Tic Tac's

how i rank them
Hmmmmm good descriptions!

muskate

muskate

Awards
Squats. A lot of people think that the squat is a knee dominant exercise but that is actually incorrect. It is a hip dominant exercise. Try doing hamstring and glute work prior to your squat instead of quad exercises like leg extensions. You will find that you are much more stable and comfortable doing the exercise.

John Meadows and a lot of personal trial and error.

People driving through their toes when squatting. That puts a lot of stress on the knees. Always drive through your heels.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One training tip I have learned from my old training partner and mentor was to hit the muscle hard and instense, put in maximal effort and get out. Growth happens outside of the gym, which is the biggest mistake I see with other people training in the gym. They will do hours of working out, eat a minimal meal and never get anywhere. Train hard, eat to recover and rest.

Another tip he taught me was in regards to traps, which I have applied to other muscle groups, but to let the weight hang at the bottom of the rep once the set is over. We did this for rows and shrugs, this hanging stretch really helped my traps grow. Very similar and probably inspired by Dante's extreme stretching.

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
1. Be patient it takes time for the muscle to grow and the strength will come just keep working haRd

2. My good friend Bert he said this cause I wanted to catch up to him and I was being impatient

3. Ego lifting. I am now one of the strongest st my local gym and I see guys trying to keep up cause they are with their gf and all I see are future injuries

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are also a few factors that significantly contribute building muscle which people may not know about or have forgotten about. Here are some muscle-building tips one should employ on your way to growth
See it – Believe it
A major contributing factor to the success I’ve experienced as an educator is my ability to make people see the unthinkable and achieve the unimaginable. One of the best strategies I’ve employed for my own benefit over the years and my students have passed on to anyone who chooses to listen to me is the act of visualization. Way before you even get to the gym for that day’s workout you should have already seen and mentally experienced what you will eventually accomplish that day. You should go through your exercises and see yourself struggle with the weight, see yourself sweat, see the adjustments you make in your training and then finally see the finished product. This strategy is unbelievably effective for creating the type of mental approach you need to have to continue on in this sport.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) Many people have a hard time isolating, focusing on, or even feeling their lats work. Part of this is because it's not as easy to flex as your biceps or chest, and you can't really see your lats when you're working them. It's also easy to let your biceps take over the work on back movements, which makes it even harder to focus on hitting your back. What I've leaned to focus on hitting your lats effectively is to use a thumbless or hook grip on pulling motions when the weight allows (I use a thumbless grip even for weighted pullups). This helps me not dominate the motion with my biceps. Additionally, I focus on pulling from the elbows; for rows I focus on pulling my elbows back, not my hands, which also puts more focus on the lats and less on the biceps. Additionally, when doing pull ups, try to pull the bar apart, as if you were pushing your hands outwards while holding the bar for the duration of the rep. This really helps keep tension on the lats and focus on them.

2) I learned these techniques from Ben Pakulski's MI-40, as well as other similar techniques to focus on a given muscle group.

3) Ego lifting, or focusing too much on how much they lift. First, it sets you up for injury to lift too heavy too often, especially at the cost of good form. Also, going too heavy every workout isn't the best way to build muscle. Additionally, it's important to focus on the muscle you want to work, to feel it work, and to go through a full range of motion and really flex and squeeze it. For example, I see guys swinging and rocking their hammer curls with a ton of weight. Sometimes they have "big" arms in diameter, but with no real shape or peak when they flex them. Too often they don't take enough time to focus on full ROM and really flexing and feeling their biceps working. Also, most people do Arnold presses wrong, haha.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Very cool thread on its own..

My best training tip is that lifting or just working out in general, if you want to be successful, needs to be a lifestyle. And it's nothing that you can achieve over night. You can't get caught up in what the guy or girl on "instagram" looks like.. you have to train for you and its a competition against you and improving yourself... not just physically but mentally as well.

I have come to understand this on my own over many years of ups and downs. From weight gain to weight loss to were I am today.

Bad form!!! Nothing ticks me off more then seeing bad horrible form.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of many things that I would like to offer up:

Train first thing in the morning.

I started training as part of baseball practice when I was 14, freshman year of HS (actually at age 13 for 8th grade football, but they didn't have us train very regularly; whereas baseball had us in the gym multiple times a week all year long in addition to our regular practice schedules). So most of my training was after school except for Saturday mornings (which I haaaated). In college, I stuck to afternoons and evenings and eventually tried to do mornings in grad school as I taught in the afternoons. It was okay, but it still never really stuck.

Once I got to my job that I've had for 7+ years now (pretty much a 9 to 5, though I'll swing my schedule and right now work 8-3 two days, 8:30-4:30 two, and 9-4:30 the fifth), I would just go right after work aside from the occasional Saturday.

In August of 2015, I started a recruit class to get my initial 150 hours for a volunteer fire dept. They met Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-10 PM. Some people would have just skipped a day as needed, but I couldn't stand that thought lol. So, I started waking up early those days to lift before work and then just kept my schedule the same the rest of the days. One of the first times I'm in there, I see a guy I used to see all the time at the first gym I went to when I moved here (it had closed down about a year or so prior and it turns out we both switched to the current one, but I'd never seen him so I didn't know that). We got to talking and he was telling me since he had a kid, he started training in the mornings. Said that way after work he could go straight home and be with the kid and going in the morning didn't really affect things much, as the kid was still sleeping and once school age got there, there's not much interaction time being missed.

No kids for me, yet, but that's definitely something that's in the plans. So I thought, may as well just go all in on this.

So, I switched over my entire training schedule to first thing in the mornings, barring some type of conflict (e.g. I took yesterday off and had Bible study this morning before work, so I'm training once I get out of here). The first few weeks SUCKED. No getting around that. I'm not a morning person at all. But I've started that habit and now things have changed. It's still a battle every single morning where I have to actively make the decision to not hot snooze on my alarm and get out of bed; that hasn't gone away. But I feel SO good getting up and doing it first thing. It helps my energy and mood at work and really helps me manage stress in the office better. Plus, once I'm done, I get to go home and do whatever I want (which is usually boring adult stuff like chores and housework lol, but it's still a clear schedule for me). Plus, it really helped my eating routine. I don't like to eat much before the gym, so now I train fasted, have an isolate shake as soon as I finish and then eat once or twice at the office during the day but have a solid dinner once I'm home. Less toting stuff around and affords me more time to cook and more flexibility in how I eat.

I honestly just can't say enough about it. It's changed who I am and I never thought I would be someone who wakes up at 4:45 AM, but I absolutely love it. It is so rewarding to get up when it's dark and walk out of the gym to see daylight (vs. the other way around which always made me kind of sad). Additionally, it's great in the winter months when daylight is short. Last thing I want to do is sacrifice more of the little light I have being stuck inside.

And as for the biggest mistake, I think it's a combination of people failing to change what isn't working and simply being too comfortable with routine/not pushing hard enough. I'm one of the few people at my gym who truly trains alone. You don't have to do that to be successful, but you also have to know yourself well enough. And I will talk if given the opportunity. My workouts mean too much to me. It's skullcap and headphones on once I start and I don't talk until I'm done. It's bad enough with just groups of 2 who chat in between, but I see many groups of 3, 4, and even 5 lifting -- but more of that time is spent standing around talking with very little time actually doing any work. I added stair sprints and laps to my routine in between sets, so I'm literally moving the entire duration of my workout (which ranges from about 80-110 minutes. It's made an incredible difference in endurance and body composition for me.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of many things that I would like to offer up:

Train first thing in the morning.

I started training as part of baseball practice when I was 14, freshman year of HS (actually at age 13 for 8th grade football, but they didn't have us train very regularly; whereas baseball had us in the gym multiple times a week all year long in addition to our regular practice schedules). So most of my training was after school except for Saturday mornings (which I haaaated). In college, I stuck to afternoons and evenings and eventually tried to do mornings in grad school as I taught in the afternoons. It was okay, but it still never really stuck.

Once I got to my job that I've had for 7+ years now (pretty much a 9 to 5, though I'll swing my schedule and right now work 8-3 two days, 8:30-4:30 two, and 9-4:30 the fifth), I would just go right after work aside from the occasional Saturday.

In August of 2015, I started a recruit class to get my initial 150 hours for a volunteer fire dept. They met Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-10 PM. Some people would have just skipped a day as needed, but I couldn't stand that thought lol. So, I started waking up early those days to lift before work and then just kept my schedule the same the rest of the days. One of the first times I'm in there, I see a guy I used to see all the time at the first gym I went to when I moved here (it had closed down about a year or so prior and it turns out we both switched to the current one, but I'd never seen him so I didn't know that). We got to talking and he was telling me since he had a kid, he started training in the mornings. Said that way after work he could go straight home and be with the kid and going in the morning didn't really affect things much, as the kid was still sleeping and once school age got there, there's not much interaction time being missed.

No kids for me, yet, but that's definitely something that's in the plans. So I thought, may as well just go all in on this.

So, I switched over my entire training schedule to first thing in the mornings, barring some type of conflict (e.g. I took yesterday off and had Bible study this morning before work, so I'm training once I get out of here). The first few weeks SUCKED. No getting around that. I'm not a morning person at all. But I've started that habit and now things have changed. It's still a battle every single morning where I have to actively make the decision to not hot snooze on my alarm and get out of bed; that hasn't gone away. But I feel SO good getting up and doing it first thing. It helps my energy and mood at work and really helps me manage stress in the office better. Plus, once I'm done, I get to go home and do whatever I want (which is usually boring adult stuff like chores and housework lol, but it's still a clear schedule for me). Plus, it really helped my eating routine. I don't like to eat much before the gym, so now I train fasted, have an isolate shake as soon as I finish and then eat once or twice at the office during the day but have a solid dinner once I'm home. Less toting stuff around and affords me more time to cook and more flexibility in how I eat.

I honestly just can't say enough about it. It's changed who I am and I never thought I would be someone who wakes up at 4:45 AM, but I absolutely love it. It is so rewarding to get up when it's dark and walk out of the gym to see daylight (vs. the other way around which always made me kind of sad). Additionally, it's great in the winter months when daylight is short. Last thing I want to do is sacrifice more of the little light I have being stuck inside.

And as for the biggest mistake, I think it's a combination of people failing to change what isn't working and simply being too comfortable with routine/not pushing hard enough. I'm one of the few people at my gym who truly trains alone. You don't have to do that to be successful, but you also have to know yourself well enough. And I will talk if given the opportunity. My workouts mean too much to me. It's skullcap and headphones on once I start and I don't talk until I'm done. It's bad enough with just groups of 2 who chat in between, but I see many groups of 3, 4, and even 5 lifting -- but more of that time is spent standing around talking with very little time actually doing any work. I added stair sprints and laps to my routine in between sets, so I'm literally moving the entire duration of my workout (which ranges from about 80-110 minutes. It's made an incredible difference in endurance and body composition for me.
I still haven't moved into training in the am before work, but I saw drastic difference s in doing fasted am cardio daily so I'm sure there are some great benefits.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still haven't moved into training in the am before work, but I saw drastic difference s in doing fasted am cardio daily so I'm sure there are some great benefits.
Training in the afternoon =

First half of the day I'm excited for it. After Noon, I'm like ehhhh I kind of just want to go home.

I'm fighting that right now lol. I love lifting and even I'm feeling this way.

So doing it first thing is amazing because yeah, you have to force yourself up, but there's no talking yourself out of it later. No excuses (valid or not).

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Training in the afternoon =

First half of the day I'm excited for it. After Noon, I'm like ehhhh I kind of just want to go home.

I'm fighting that right now lol. I love lifting and even I'm feeling this way.

So doing it first thing is amazing because yeah, you have to force yourself up, but there's no talking yourself out of it later. No excuses (valid or not).
Yea I completely get it. I normally train at night. I'm preparing myself all day for my session. By the time 6 or 7 rolls around I sometimes get thrown off. I just signed up to try a 24hr gym for a month. I'm going to see what I can come up with. Maybe come home from work sleep wake up at 3am terrain, something like that. I'm such a night owl, and even with years and years of a regimen work scheduele, my body just doesn't like it lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Picking winners soon...

Lets see some more tips. I always love trying new things to see how it suits me when in the gym to improve my form, breathing, or other aspects of my training.

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
Rest and recovery are just as important as the workouts. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you always have to do more. As I've gotten older I've learned this the hard way. A trainer/coach I worked with a few years ago really pushed this idea. You might get away with it in the short term, but eventually it'll catch up with you. Don't neglect recovery. Schedule it just like you schedule the rest of the workout. Make time to stretch, its important. Another thing that really helps is using compression stockings/sleeves. During the warmer months I'm on my bike 6 days a week rather than lifting. Compression socks are a big help. Legs feel much fresher after wearing them compared to days I don't. They also help on squat day. :)

Biggest mistake I see is people struggling and using bad form in order to move heavier weights.

Last edited:

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think the biggest mistake people make is not periodizing their training. Changing your workout up and deload weeks are essential to growth. I usually check prs one week then the next week is a deload working at 50 to 60 of max.

Also buy a good stiff belt. Do not use a belt with Velcro unless you like living dangerously.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome shot!!!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Picking winners soon...

Lets see some more tips. I always love trying new things to see how it suits me when in the gym to improve my form, breathing, or other aspects of my training.
This just hit me. When doing back so many start movements so bicep heavy. Take wide lat pull downs, the movement should start with shoulder blades retracting and pushing through at the elbows. I've seen so many use momentum to move the weight and while that's okay you miss the mind muscle connection needed for real gains.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Tip: listen to people's advice- don't be afraid to ask for help!!! You can't improve if you don't look at things from someone else's point of view. A 6 to you is a 9 to me if I stand on the other side of it.

From: my own learning experience. I never got better until I got a partner / made friends with the big guys at my gym and got advice from people with EXPERIENCE!!

Others biggest mistake: not sticking to the basics.. Each day has to have a focus or goal and each starts with squat/deads/OHP/bench and you have use those basic lifts as a core not just for your workout but your lifting career

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I have won and used both xtend/perform several times and haven't been let down. I have a tub of xtend free at my house! LOL

I am in for support! Helpful, generous company.

A tip I liked:

1) Focusing hard on the negative and give it a slow count. I have good improvements in my physique by doing 4 second negative reps in at least one set per exercise. Improvements across the board whether upper or lower body. Focus, focus, focus on a really slow negative and concentrating on the muscles that should be working.

2) No one specific. Seen it in literature. Plus, it allowed people with joint issues to still train intensely.

3) biggest mistake is not pushing hard enough. People quitting at a certain number when 4 or 5 more could be had because they come across a little burn.

Good luck everyone!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get on this people. Big fan of xtend here, haven't met a flavor I haven't liked! Some good advice on here as well

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say learning the mind muscle connection, it's something i completely neglected when i started lifting, but actually knowing how each exercise hits a muscle is more important than just pushing a lot weight around. I like an ego lift was much as the next guy, but they're not the type of lifts that are gonna get you to grow.

I would also say variety in your exercises, have your basic exercises that you do every week, but change some of the exercises up as well, it not only makes a workout more interesting, it also helps growth.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1) Share one of your best training tips- I've picked up quite a few things over the years, mainly about form/supplementation stuff like that. I think the best training tip I wish I knew back when I started is that your body takes time to progress and its a process. I see so many guys jump straight in to the hormonal scene right off the bat, make minor gains, and lose it shortly after. I was definitely one of those guys haha. It took me 25 years to figure out that gains are not made overnight.

2) Who gave you this tip? Myself, just an accumulation of reading/trial/error/broscience all in one!

3) What is the biggest mistake you see other trainees doing in the gym? I notice a ton of guys not focusing on the
compound movements and if they are doing them, theyre half @ssing the movement.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Rest and recovery are just as important as the workouts. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you always have to do more. As I've gotten older I've learned this the hard way. A trainer/coach I worked with a few years ago really pushed this idea. You might get away with it in the short term, but eventually it'll catch up with you. Don't neglect recovery. Schedule it just like you schedule the rest of the workout. Make time to stretch, its important. Another thing that really helps is using compression stockings/sleeves. During the warmer months I'm on my bike 6 days a week rather than lifting. Compression socks are a big help. Legs feel much fresher after wearing them compared to days I don't. They also help on squat day. :)

Biggest mistake I see is people struggling and using bad form in order to move heavier weights.
1) Many people have a hard time isolating, focusing on, or even feeling their lats work. Part of this is because it's not as easy to flex as your biceps or chest, and you can't really see your lats when you're working them. It's also easy to let your biceps take over the work on back movements, which makes it even harder to focus on hitting your back. What I've leaned to focus on hitting your lats effectively is to use a thumbless or hook grip on pulling motions when the weight allows (I use a thumbless grip even for weighted pullups). This helps me not dominate the motion with my biceps. Additionally, I focus on pulling from the elbows; for rows I focus on pulling my elbows back, not my hands, which also puts more focus on the lats and less on the biceps. Additionally, when doing pull ups, try to pull the bar apart, as if you were pushing your hands outwards while holding the bar for the duration of the rep. This really helps keep tension on the lats and focus on them.

2) I learned these techniques from Ben Pakulski's MI-40, as well as other similar techniques to focus on a given muscle group.

3) Ego lifting, or focusing too much on how much they lift. First, it sets you up for injury to lift too heavy too often, especially at the cost of good form. Also, going too heavy every workout isn't the best way to build muscle. Additionally, it's important to focus on the muscle you want to work, to feel it work, and to go through a full range of motion and really flex and squeeze it. For example, I see guys swinging and rocking their hammer curls with a ton of weight. Sometimes they have "big" arms in diameter, but with no real shape or peak when they flex them. Too often they don't take enough time to focus on full ROM and really flexing and feeling their biceps working. Also, most people do Arnold presses wrong, haha.
Awesome promo! In for Blood Orange...

One of the best tips, is always the one that I think is the most overlooked - especially for beginners.

TIP: Keep it simple

So many beginners overlook the basic groundwork for success because they read about a routine in Men's Fitness that will gain them 20lbs in one month......Yeah right!

Stick to bench/overhead presses, pulls, and squats and after you've made progress on those THAN look in to adding in all of the isolation movements.

Not saying that isolation movements don't have their place, but too many people stress out and prioritize them over the ones that they need to focus on. OR they burn themselves out putting so much in to complexity and (my favorite) "confusing the muscle".

Applying simplicity to training AND nutrition will always be king for long term success. This isn't even a tip that someone specific taught me, but rather an accumulation of many different peoples' thoughts.

It works, trust me.
3 Winners right here.
Great points that really have been a big part of my improvements in training.

Please send me an email : [email protected]

Name
Address
City
State
Zip
AM Username
Email Address

Flavor of Xtend choice:

Ill throw in some extra goodies.

Keep an eye out! Next promo just may be for the new Pre-workout Quake 10.0 in the future!

Congrats guys!!!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Huge thanks for this opportunity!!! Info sent

Quake looks like it is going to cause a lot problems for other preworkouts on the market. Can't wait!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congratulations Guys

I hope you enjoy the Xtend as much as I do !!

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grats y'all!

Enjoy the new flavor.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Grats y'all!

Enjoy the new flavor.
You mean "Flavors" :)

One more dropping soon! Keep your eyes peeled!
aloosecannon just need your shipping info and flavor and i can get you guys shipped out hopefully tomorrow!

aloosecannon

Awards
  • Established
You mean "Flavors" :)

One more dropping soon! Keep your eyes peeled!
aloosecannon just need your shipping info and flavor and i can get you guys shipped out hopefully tomorrow!
Thanks! Info sent. Can't wait to see if tangerine can top blood orange.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Congrats gentlemen! Is the Quake profile out yet? I know it's releasing very soon. I am very excited!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Congrats guys !

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Congrats gentlemen! Is the Quake profile out yet? I know it's releasing very soon. I am very excited!
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/273260-new-product-release-385.html#post5652171

Scivation Quake 10.0 is back and better then ever!

7g of BCAAs,
6g of l-citrulline,
3g of tyrosine,
2g of the PeakO2
1.5g of NO3-T arginine nitrate,
1g of Capros.

+ 4 more ingredients

More to come! :)
The only ingredient for the stim is caffeine

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Looks like it's going to be pretty awesome some will probably want crazy stims but I like being in control. This has some legit ergo aids should be interesting.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That looks awesome. I happened to get a free tub of supercharge which isn't loaded with a bunch of stims and a similar profile. The profile of Quake is MUCH better and I am excited to get a tub!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Wow that looks awesome ! Looking forward to the quake !

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That looks awesome. I happened to get a free tub of supercharge which isn't loaded with a bunch of stims and a similar profile. The profile of Quake is MUCH better and I am excited to get a tub!
Problem with supercharge is mixibility. I'm guessing minimal mixibility issues with quake.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats to those winning prizes!

Lots of great info shared in here :)

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Problem with supercharge is mixibility. I'm guessing minimal mixibility issues with quake.
Indeed. A little more granular than I would like.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
muscleupcrohn
can you confirm you got yours ??
bwdill fantastic review
aloosecannon I know you will have yours up soon!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
muscleupcrohn
can you confirm you got yours ??
bwdill fantastic review
aloosecannon I know you will have yours up soon!
Haven't got it yet, but I haven't checked my mail today. I'll let you know when I'm back.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sent you a few emails!
Tracking shows it is there.
Got it! I'll start a review soon. For now, I'll just say that Blood Orange tastes amazing in 8oz water, and that shakers is massive and very high quality!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Got it! I'll start a review soon. For now, I'll just say that Blood Orange tastes amazing in 8oz water, and that shakers is massive and very high quality!
Get some pics up and look forward to your review. Please check out the directions in post #1 bwdill just left a KILLER review

Initial Review:
Upon opening the product:

The overall smell of this product makes your mouth water. It smells just like opening a bag of dried pineapple pieces. As usual, the Scivation team and The Solution hooked me up with samples of other flavors, a new shaker, and a funnel!!!

TASTE:
The taste on this one is dead on. I buy these flavored water packets by Crush (soda) that are pineapple and the XTEND tastes just like them! 10/10

FORMULA:
The profile of this product is dead on. appropriate dose of BCAAs along with some added benefits of blood flow and hydration. It would be interesting to up the Citrulline Malate dose to 6g+ for the added pump benefits. 10/10

MIXABILITY:
No iddues whatsoever. I always look for the foam at the top of BCAA products once mixed in water as it is a good indicator of an appropriate Leucine dose. 10/10

DOSING:
Basically the Layne Norton protocol - every 4 hours in between meals (only where I would not be eating a meal in that 4hr block).

ie;
Some days I will eat a meal at work around 2 or 3 and I leave at 4:30 but don't get home until 5-5:30 and no dinner until about 6-6:30 so I will have a dose of XTEND around 4 or 5 in between meals.

TRAINING PROTOCOL:
4:30AM: 1scoop of XTEND
4:45AM: 1scoop of GAT Sport Nitraflex
5:00AM: 1coop of XTEND intraworkout

PERFORMANCE:
I use this stuff like crazy, utilizing the Layne Norton protocol for in between meals. I have definitely noticed recovery benefits. I have been eating slightly over maintenance caloric intake, about 200cals, and I can really notice the benefits of XTEND. Seems like my level of soreness/fatigue has gone down since adding a fair amount of BCAA dosing in my daily routine.

OVERALL:
I would absolutely recommend this product to a friend. ESPECIALLY this flavor. Out of the flavors (samples in picture) that I have received I would rank them as follows:

1) Pineapple
2) Strawberry Kiwi
3) Blue Razz
4) Grape
5) Mango
6) Watermelon
7) Fruit Punch

That doesn't mean that Fruit Punch is the worst, but that I would purchase them in that order. ALL flavors were exceptional.

Next on my list is to try out the XTEND GO for the benefit of BCAAs + Caffeine/Theanine combo.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
bwdill How did you like the Grape ? It is one of my favorites !!