USPlabs asks WHY dO you LIFT? Share your "WHY" story and WIN BIGLY!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Giving away a lot, I mean a lot!

Tell your "WHY"story, we will pick a lot of Winners….

a lot of winners picked LOTTERY STYLE will receive:
-3 products of choice (only rule, must be three different products).
-The most Coolest awesomest softestes tshirt ever created in the widest worlds….
-a bear hug from casey, he may grab you by the butt...

this is BigLY...

BoloYeung1

BoloYeung1

Awards
I lift because it gives me clarity. The iron is my meditation in the morning. Not only is it a stress relief living in NYC, but without it I feel "off". I work long hours on my feet all day and believe it or not I have more energy to do so. Last year I yanked my back loading stuff into my work van at age 34. I told myself I would never allow that to happen so this year I really started hitting it consistently and only took a break if I was sick. Even I sleep less than 5 hours I still go and get up Mon-fri at 415am in the morning.

I am more conscious of my body, my thoughts and I'm even more conscious of what I eat. It's become a magnificent obsession as CT puts it and I don't think I can live without the IRON.

The gains.

Honestly now when I look back it I was also a chubby kid who got picked on back in elementary to HS. I am also Asian American and let's put it this way. Where I went to school people couldn't distinguish Chinese from Koreans, Japanese to Filipinos. If you were Asian~~~defaulted to Chinese. The racist jokes came quick...

Naturally I was strong and I had "wheels" I couldn't do pull-ups or push-ups and I was flabby. Now my upper body matches my quads and even the "big guys" at the gym give me compliments on my size and thickness. I feel good. I feel happy. I would like to continue to lift until the cows come home and help others like me who had low self-esteem untap the physique/strength potential that they don't know they have. Why do I lift??? It's more like, find a reason why shouldn't I lift!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lift because I strongly believe it improves my quality of life. It's something I hold myself extremely accountable for and that discipline makes an easy carryover to everything else in life. When I slack off my performance suffers. When I'm dedicated 100% consistently the rewards are awe inspiring. Yea I end up looking decent, but the calmness, clarity, energy, confidence, and curiosity are amazing and it's so motivating that I want to do it all over again the next day, week, month, you get the picture. So many people depend on other sources of "happiness" for me, lifting is that in total for me!

Not an entry to win but wanted to support an amazing company and for 3 products someone getting one heck of a stack!!!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift because it gives me clarity. The iron is my meditation in the morning. Not only is it a stress relief living in NYC, but without it I feel "off". I work long hours on my feet all day and believe it or not I have more energy to do so. Last year I yanked my back loading stuff into my work van at age 34. I told myself I would never allow that to happen so this year I really started hitting it consistently and only took a break if I was sick. Even I sleep less than 5 hours I still go and get up Mon-fri at 415am in the morning.

I am more conscious of my body, my thoughts and I'm even more conscious of what I eat. It's become a magnificent obsession as CT puts it and I don't think I can live without the IRON.

The gains.

Honestly now when I look back it I was also a chubby kid who got picked on back in elementary to HS. I am also Asian American and let's put it this way. Where I went to school people couldn't distinguish Chinese from Koreans, Japanese to Filipinos. If you were Asian~~~defaulted to Chinese. The racist jokes came quick...

Naturally I was strong and I had "wheels" I couldn't do pull-ups or push-ups and I was flabby. Now my upper body matches my quads and even the "big guys" at the gym give me compliments on my size and thickness. I feel good. I feel happy. I would like to continue to lift until the cows come home and help others like me who had low self-esteem untap the physique/strength potential that they don't know they have. Why do I lift??? It's more like, find a reason why shouldn't I lift!
so awesome….you win!

pm full address, tshirt size and 3 products of choice

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift because it directs my energy to healthy pursuits. By the time I was 20 I was heavily into drugs and alcohol and already been to prison and jail multiple times. It's been the one constant positive hobby in my life for 20 years now. It absolutely helped me become a successful person. I totally turned my life around and lifting and fitness played a key role in channeling destructive energy and building confidence to aim higher. Family, the gym(my church), career. Those are the 3 main areas in my life:).

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift because I strongly believe it improves my quality of life. It's something I hold myself extremely accountable for and that discipline makes an easy carryover to everything else in life. When I slack off my performance suffers. When I'm dedicated 100% consistently the rewards are awe inspiring. Yea I end up looking decent, but the calmness, clarity, energy, confidence, and curiosity are amazing and it's so motivating that I want to do it all over again the next day, week, month, you get the picture. So many people depend on other sources of "happiness" for me, lifting is that in total for me!

Not an entry to win but wanted to support an amazing company and for 3 products someone getting one heck of a stack!!!
too bad you win! that curiosity…almost says everything about life in one word….curiosity and the strength to act on that curiosity is growth...

PM details...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I lift because it directs my energy to healthy pursuits. By the time I was 20 I was heavily into drugs and alcohol and already been to prison and jail multiple times. It's been the one constant positive hobby in my life for 20 years now. It absolutely helped me become a successful person. I totally turned my life around and lifting and fitness played a key role in channeling destructive energy and building confidence to aim higher. Family, thegym(my church), career. Those are the 3 main areas in my life:).
Congratulations!

Like yourself I began my substance abuse early. Before I was 14 I have a weed habit. Alcohol and powders by 19. I struggled with abandonment and abuse issues which lead to self esteem issues as well as a lot of pain and anger. At the end I nearly lost my family and life to alcohol putting together multiple felony DUI in a one year period. Prison gave me the opportunity I needed to process my issues and find peace. I began my fitness lifestyle in the DOC and it's been 15 years now.

My full testimony is somewhere within these forum pages :)

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Edit.

I gained 80 lbs, held on to it for 8 years, and until a year and a half ago began my journey to lose most of it.

Now I have come back and am seeing my younger fitter self and it's a great feeling. I can run. I couldn't do 3 push-ups and now I can do 30. and 30 more. and 30 more.

I lift because It offers me solstice and piece of mind.

The gym is my sanctuary where I can test my limits.

I am here and remain here in AM because I believe I found the support of like minded individuals.

The human body is a magnificence of nature that deserves to be sculpted. A gift from God that should be honored and tested. It is a life's journey embarked on by a yearning to be better.
This gives transference to our psyche and our soul.

It is an expression of self love who's gift is returned 10 fold.

Ps. You had me at hugs... and the tshirt.....and the sups.

I'm at work typing this from my phone. Lol.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's a couple reasons why I lift, not nearly as inspiring as most people's though.

I was always super skinny throughout high school, I played baseball and basketball but that's about it.

I'm not even going to lie, my main reason to lift is just because of the looks. Secondly would be to have general strength.. there's nothing more satisfying than being able to help others out and do things for people when they can't because I go to the gym and train.

I just had shoulder surgery and I'm getting back into lifting again. Before I was always wanting to just get as big as possible, but now that I've been half immobile for a while I've realized that while being big is nice, I also want to be overall athletic. So now I lift to not only look good, but feel good and be in good shape and health overall.

Another reason is it keeps me accountable. It keeps me from going out and partying every night because I know I'm working towards something. When I'm bored I don't just eat or lay around and be lazy, I have the gym that I get go to and lift and be productive when I get bored. Lifting has definitely taught me a sense of willpower and motivation that I didn't have before I started going to the gym. It's also just a great way to blow off steam and prevent me from being rude to others cause I'm mad! Lol

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congratulations!

Like yourself I began my substance abuse early. Before I was 14 I have a weed habit. Alcohol and powders by 19. I struggled with abandonment and abuse issues which lead to self esteem issues as well as a lot of pain and anger. At the end I nearly lost my family and life to alcohol putting together multiple felony DUI in a one year period. Prison gave me the opportunity I needed to process my issues and find peace. I began my fitness lifestyle in the DOC and it's been 15 years now.

My full testimony is somewhere within these forum pages :)
Thanks for sharing David Dunn Always nice hear experiences you can relate to.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Over the years, this answer has changed a few times for me:

...Early on, it was to lose weight. I was always a chubby kid, friends with all the athletes but never played, etc etc... Short and chubby is good motivation to get ripped and jacked.

Once I had made enough progress that people took notice, it became a vanity thing... I wanted to impress people. Guys, girls, didnt matter, I just wanted to be looked at as "That Fit Guy".

Once I realized that no matter what others think or see, you still have to be a decent person and have to have a bit of a life, my mindset changed again. This time (to the current state) what I assume will be the long term end, and a two-fold answer:
1) I love it. I love the progress, the challenge, and the emotional and physical outlet that it gives me.
2) The lifestyle. I also enjoy the focus and the will power that staying fit requires not just in the gym, but in other areas. It keep me regimented, allows me to ensure that I stay as healthy as possible (family history of heart and diabetes issues), and it impacts my general personality and persona. It built my confidence in myself and that is irreplaceable.

I can't imagine my life being anywhere near as successful or enjoyable had I never chosen to make some of the changes that I have over the years and continue to evolve.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Over the years, this answer has changed a few times for me:

...Early on, it was to lose weight. I was always a chubby kid, friends with all the athletes but never played, etc etc... Short and chubby is good motivation to get ripped and jacked.

Once I had made enough progress that people took notice, it became a vanity thing... I wanted to impress people. Guys, girls, didnt matter, I just wanted to be looked at as "That Fit Guy".

Once I realized that no matter what others think or see, you still have to be a decent person and have to have a bit of a life, my mindset changed again. This time (to the current state) what I assume will be the long term end, and a two-fold answer:
1) I love it. I love the progress, the challenge, and the emotional and physical outlet that it gives me.
2) The lifestyle. I also enjoy the focus and the will power that staying fit requires not just in the gym, but in other areas. It keep me regimented, allows me to ensure that I stay as healthy as possible (family history of heart and diabetes issues), and it impacts my general personality and persona. It built my confidence in myself and that is irreplaceable.

I can't imagine my life being anywhere near as successful or enjoyable had I never chosen to make some of the changes that I have over the years and continue to evolve.
Well said. Well lived!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why do you lift?

I am a competitive bodybuilder, but before I became a bodybuilder I fell in love with lifting during my High School Football years. Everyday faster school we would lift weights for the football season to get stronger, bigger, and faster. Everyday I enjoyed pushing myself, getting stronger, and trying to be a stronger football player. I needed to improve my strength to play on the offensive line and also be more explosive.

After my 4 years of playing football my time came to an end. I tore my MCL and then could do nothing else for 9 months rehabbing my knee issue. After I got back to being able to weight lift I just loved it that much more. All throughout my college career I took weightlifting as a passion next to my education. I also had the pleasure of training with IFBB Pro Seth Feroce and saw him win his procard while I attended IUP university. As I continued to weightlift I wanted to dab into bodybuilding and did my first show in 2010. I took 3rd place in the open and 5th place in the novice. After getting on stage I got the bug, and then wanted to do another show.

During that time from high school to my first show I went from being 200+ pounds as a lineman to a 154 pounds as a lightweight and almost losing 100 pounds in the process and restoring my health for the better.

This lead me to 2012 and doing a national level show after qualifying for nationals. I ended up taking 5th and first call out in the Lightweight division. For my first national level show I was very surprised and also very happy. Not to mention there was over 1200 competitors in the entire show. Even thought I took 5th it just made me want keep going, improve, and get bigger and stronger. Which leads me to today....

Today I am 2 weeks out from NPC Mid Atlantic West Virginia bodybuilding show. I have given it my all after being 4 years off stage and I have improved my thickness and conditioning to another level. I have been working with Austin Stout, Jason Theobald over the last 5 years as my contest prep coaches and they have done leaps and bounds for me and my training/nutrition. the continue drive and push to improve has really taken my intensity and physique to another level. I have had the pleasure of training with Marc Lobliner, Tommy Jeffers, Paul Rivela, Layne Norton, and have had the pleasure of trianing with all the Pro's when I worked the Olympia in 2012.

All of these occasions, contest preps, and also self motivation from weightlifting have not only improved me out of the gym but also inside the gym. The Why I continue to lift is to improve my physique, and also a great place to meet friends. Some of my best friends whom I can count on one hand have come from the gym. Its a great way to meet others who share a similar passion, and also a great place to let out all your rage, stress, and help relieve your mind.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usplabs doing it up right again!
I lift for many reasons, I was a skinny guy in high school and couldn't gain any weight no matter what I did. Then metabolism and bad diet hit and I did gain weight and not in the right way. I didn't like how I felt or looked and made a decision to take care of that. That was almost ten years ago and I haven't looked back since. Lifting is like therapy to me now, a place to clear my thoughts and better myself, both for me and to be a good example for my daughter

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Super generous as always USPLabs!

I started lifting for sports when I was about 15 or 16 years old. Mainly for football and baseball. I was always a pretty skinny kid around like 150-160lbs. I eventually got up around 190lbs as a senior and I thought I was YOKED. Little did I know, I was still small as sh1t for college football. I ended up gaining the freshmen 60(no lie) my first year of college and I ended up playing 4 years of college football. Best time of my life!

I eventually joined the military and lifting still is a major part of my life. I honestly don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't do some type of workout every day. It clears my mind and helps me think clearly throughout the day. My wife actually says I get bitchy and tells me to go to he gym on weekends just so she doesn't have to deal with me haha. I guess that's why I married her? Haha

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I train and lift for my life as well as my sons. The leading cause of death among my fellow fireman is heart attack, and I am going to do ALL I can to not fall into that statistic. I also lift because my dad, at 59 he is the first male in our family to ever see the age of 50, because he took care of himself and I refuse to be the man that takes the family name back to "death before 50" club. My training has inspired my son to do the same, and now at 15 he's decided he wants to be a firefighter as well. It keeps my focus on point and the anger I used to carry around in check. Without, Id fail at so many other aspects of my life. And I refuse to fail.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what did I get myself into here....this has the formula to be epic...

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I lift for many reasons health well being it makes my body feel better my wife and i lift together that keeps are marriage strong but the main reason why i lift is when i was a kid growing up i was chubby big and clumsy i knw triple threat lol got picked on alot and i got jumped when i was 14 by 5 guys for no reason after that my grandma got me in the gym and martial arts those 2 things kept me sane in the troubled times and got me to like and respect myself and others

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree! Itll be pages long within a couple of hours of all the members getting off of work! Should be some good reading
inspiring....

we only have one life on this earth. we should learn from and inspire each other.....expand and act on our curiosity....

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift for many reasons health well being it makes my body feel better my wife and i lift together that keeps are marriage strong but the main reason why i lift is when i was a kid growing up i was chubby big and clumsy i knw triple threat lol got picked on alot and i got jumped when i was 14 by 5 guys for no reason after that my grandma got me in the gym and martial arts those 2 things kept me sane in the troubled times and got me to like and respect myself and others
Awesome man right here!!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I train and lift for my life as well as my sons. The leading cause of death among my fellow fireman is heart attack, and I am going to do ALL I can to not fall into that statistic. I also lift because my dad, at 59 he is the first male in our family to ever see the age of 50, because he took care of himself and I refuse to be the man that takes the family name back to "death before 50" club. My training has inspired my son to do the same, and now at 15 he's decided he wants to be a firefighter as well. It keeps my focus on point and the anger I used to carry around in check. Without, Id fail at so many other aspects of my life. And I refuse to fail.
Give me the pleasure to send a Gift box to your fire station.

Email the number of people and tshirt size if you don't mind as well as your three supplements of choice and shirt size...

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Email the number of people and tshirt size if you don't mind as well as your three supplements of choice and shirt size...
That's so awesome of you! Freaking top notch right here, gonna be a decked out fire station

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Holy crap! I and we thank you! VERY generous! PM coming

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I always see USP Labs being super generous towards people, great company for sure!

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm 48. My wife is 48 too.
I started to lift to get me a young side chick. ...joking...

Seriously?

I just don't want to look like friends of my age group anymore.
All are hunched forward with beer bellies -and from alcohol consumed butt cheeks.

hunch.jpg

Getting older does not have to mean -getting weaker.
I'll be a grandpa no youngster would mess with!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 48. My wife is 48 too.
I started to lift to get me a young side chick. ...joking...

Seriously?

I just don't want to look like friends of my age group anymore.
All are hunched forward with beer bellies -and from alcohol consumed butt cheeks.

View attachment 141673

Getting older does not have to mean -getting weaker.
I'll be a grandpa no youngster would mess with!
Amen to that my friend!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like many, I was an overweight kid/teen. Went to college and coming back home the following summer decided enough was enough and started doing interval training/hill sprints in my backyard in Iowa, started eating less and less, got into weight training, somewhat battled anorexia, dropped about 100lbs, then started learning about sports nutrition and put some healthy weight back on. Then later on in college struggled with binge eating, that finally leveled out and have kept weight training in my life all thru the years. Many times recently it's been a great emotional outlet for me as well as just getting more conditioned and staying in shape as I chase 4 kids around.

willyb87

Awards
I graduated high school at 123lbs standing 6'1 you can imagine how small that was, I always hated the gym due to coaches that had no clue how to motivate or set up workouts. After highschool I started eating a little more but still didn't lift, I was a skinny fat 150lbs and started doing MMA along with tons of cardio.... Fast forward to 2011 my fiancée is 6 months pregnant and goes into labor I was stuck in a hospital for 86 days only being able to visit my son for 15-30mins at a time twice a day. after a week of this I saw an ad for discounted anytime fitness membership and joined just to pass the time. I started seeing changes in my body after a month and was hooked, I got my personal trainer certification shortly after and have been hard at it ever since, i love helping others change their lifestyle and accomplish something they can be proud of, i have a couple of mentally challenged clients and i can say there is no other satisfaction quite like seeing someone who society has overlooked accomplish something like a 75lb weight loss goal or a half marathon run......
So to answer the question why do i lift? It is my stress reliever, nothing else matters when i walk through those doors. I work and work in order to show others that if my measly self could do it then they can too, and to give my son a dad he can always look up to and be proud of, hes only 5 now and already does push ups and sit ups and wants to go to the gym and lift soo bad lol.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I graduated high school at 123lbs standing 6'1 you can imagine how small that was, I always hated the gym due to coaches that had no clue how to motivate or set up workouts. After highschool I started eating a little more but still didn't lift, I was a skinny fat 150lbs and started doing MMA along with tons of cardio.... Fast forward to 2011 my fiancée is 6 months pregnant and goes into labor I was stuck in a hospital for 86 days only being able to visit my son for 15

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I lift for release. My life is crazy and I live with a lot of stress working full time, attending university courses full time, and raising three kids one of whom is disabled and Confined to a wheel chair. Yea I love to set goals and I want to look great and be in shape. If I'm in good athletic condition then my job is a lot easier. But each and every day I get into the gym is one hour of freedom. One hour that I can plug my headphones in and make the world disappear. The world of my stress and responsibilities. For that hour It's just me. And it's never just me. Every day I lift I'm a little more relaxed and less stressed than if I didn't lift. Lifting helps me relieve some of that frustration and anger. I lift because it betters me.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I lift for many of the reasons shared by my fellow AMers. I was a skinny runt of a kid in grade school through high school, constantly picked on. I worked out off and on until I fell down a flight of stairs and destroyed my dominant shoulder and severed my bicep. After a grueling surgery to repair/reattach I slumped into bad habits and gained a ton of weight to where my health suffered.

Along with all of that mental baggage (seriously, right?) my work changed and my stress levels went through the roof, enough to warrant therapy a couple of times a month. The tipping point for me was my daughter, who is now 9. Early last year I made a conscious decision to be around for her until she is an adult and on her own, and not let my health and anxiety issues drag me down. Plus my wife is 12 years younger than me, so I needed to get in better shape to be able to keep up with her and the rest of my family!

So I started exercising in earnest, overcoming my physical limitations (my shoulder will simply never be the same, nor will my L4, L5, S1 bulging, but thankfully not ruptured, spinal discs). A portion of my exercises take their lead from motions I learned during my physical therapy. The surgeon says it is never too late to try to recover at least some of my range of motion, and I have been able to see progress in both strength and ROM.

I am managing my stress much better now, my overall mood is improved, I am able to spend more time with my daughter without tiring out and I feel better about my self in general. I also send my therapist a Christmas card each year, but that is the extent of our interaction since I started lifting.

Bullet point reasons:

1. Skinny/picked on as a child
2. Major injury to recover from
3. Major weight gain to reverse
4. Younger wife to keep up with
5. Young daughter to be around for (and to protect from boys!)
6. Stressful job that I need to blow off steam/stress from

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

That's amazing. Hats off!!!!

Edit:

If I win. I'm sending it to my brother in Chicago. He's a fireman. Big heart like FireTitan.

willyb87

Awards
I graduated high school at 123lbs standing 6'1 you can imagine how small that was, I always hated the gym due to coaches that had no clue how to motivate or set up workouts. After highschool I started eating a little more but still didn't lift, I was a skinny fat 150lbs and started doing MMA along with tons of cardio.... Fast forward to 2011 my fiancée is 6 months pregnant and goes into labor I was stuck in a hospital for 86 days only being able to visit my son for 15

??? looks like you tried to quote my post, not sure what happened, its only showing this on my phone

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lift for release. My life is crazy and I live with a lot of stress working full time, attending university courses full time, and raising three kids one of whom is disabled and Confined to a wheel chair. Yea I love to set goals and I want to look great and be in shape. If I'm in good athletic condition then my job is a lot easier. But each and every day I get into the gym is one hour of freedom. One hour that I can plug my headphones in and make the world disappear. The world of my stress and responsibilities. For that hour It's just me. And it's never just me. Every day I lift I'm a little more relaxed and less stressed than if I didn't lift. Lifting helps me relieve some of that frustration and anger. I lift because it betters me.
I lift for many of the reasons shared by my fellow AMers. I was a skinny runt of a kid in grade school through high school, constantly picked on. I worked out off and on until I fell down a flight of stairs and destroyed my dominant shoulder and severed my bicep. After a grueling surgery to repair/reattach I slumped into bad habits and gained a ton of weight to where my health suffered.

Along with all of that mental baggage (seriously, right?) my work changed and my stress levels went through the roof, enough to warrant therapy a couple of times a month. The tipping point for me was my daughter, who is now 9. Early last year I made a conscious decision to be around for her until she is an adult and on her own, and not let my health and anxiety issues drag me down. Plus my wife is 12 years younger than me, so I needed to get in better shape to be able to keep up with her and the rest of my family!

So I started exercising in earnest, overcoming my physical limitations (my shoulder will simply never be the same, nor will my L4, L5, S1 bulging, but thankfully not ruptured, spinal discs). A portion of my exercises take their lead from motions I learned during my physical therapy. The surgeon says it is never too late to try to recover at least some of my range of motion, and I have been able to see progress in both strength and ROM.

I am managing my stress much better now, my overall mood is improved, I am able to spend more time with my daughter without tiring out and I feel better about my self in general. I also send my therapist a Christmas card each year, but that is the extent of our interaction since I started lifting.

Bullet point reasons:

1. Skinny/picked on as a child
2. Major injury to recover from
3. Major weight gain to reverse
4. Younger wife to keep up with
5. Young daughter to be around for (and to protect from boys!)
6. Stressful job that I need to blow off steam/stress from
That's amazing. Hats off!!!!

Edit:

If I win. I'm sending it to my brother in Chicago. He's a fireman. Big heart like FireTitan.
All of these guys are outstanding peeps!! Faves in my book

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Promo is bumping!

USP has always been generous here get in on it AM

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes they are quality products
I've only ever gotten to try their creatine, I wanted to try the new Caramel Cookie Sticks with the promo they had for anabolicminds but I'm a broke college kid and it came at a bad time!! Lol

pulsefit

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was one of those who got out of the military and had no structured workout. I got married and sat in front of a computer and played games. What set me over the edge was back New Years 2013 I got drunk and duck taped a mortar tube to a shovel. I was shoot them off like it was a cannon. It was short lived fun. One of the mortars got stuck in the barrel. It exploded. Of course a bunch of people had cameras and there was some crazy pictures of it. What I saw was how huge I had got. 5'10 275 is not dead sexy. I went to the gym after I recovered from the hangover and I haven't stopped. My sister has a small warehouse gym where we run some classes and boot camps. My sister talked me into becoming a
trainer. Fitness is my life now. My goals have changed. First goal was to hit 175 I did that a year and half ago. My goal for this year was deadlift 500 bench 300. I've accomplished that. I now have the powerlifting bug. I just want to keep improving and helping others improve!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

All of these guys are outstanding peeps!! Faves in my book
Thank you! My man.

My bro is in the oldest firehouse in Chicago. The walls are crumbling and they are the only ones with a fire pole. They put it back in! When it was taken out.

Oh. He's a bodybuilder too. :)

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I lift because it's my life, I don't know anything else other than lifting. I started out lifting when I was 14 to look good for the girls around me. Quickly realized that lifting was my out, my sanctuary. When everyone was turning to weed to relax in highschool I was hitting the bar, the only bar that matters. A few years passed and my cousins grew up and I know they look up to me, as a cousin, a man and a friend. I've gotten them to eat healthier, start playing sports, and even convince their dad (my uncle) to lose weight. The happiness and join that seeing them make those changes brought me... I want to help bring what I felt to others, which is why I became a personal trainer.

In the end the gym brings me happiness above and beyond anything else I've encountered to date, and now my life goal is to bring that happiness in to others lives.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've only ever gotten to try their creatine, I wanted to try the new Caramel Cookie Sticks with the promo they had for anabolicminds but I'm a broke college kid and it came at a bad time!! Lol
You sound like me!!!