Who Wants to Try? Select Vegan Protein

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Select Vegan Protein is due to be released imminently.

During research and development, we taste tested competitor products to make sure that Select Vegan was of the absolute highest quality.

This included insider reviews by hand picked forum members who were familiar with vegan protein powders.

Now, we need to open this up to the public and send out some samples in return for feedback.

To enter:
- Tell us why you want to try Select Vegan Protein.
- Tell us which other vegan proteins you have tried, if any.
- You must be happy to leave us a review commenting on taste and mixability.

Winners will be picked very shortly so get your entries in quickly.​

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id be willing to try it and log it. I have no experience with a vegan protein, mainly because Ive had a mental block thinking I couldn't handle the taste. But one thing for sure, I have learned a lot since joining AM. I drink a shake every morning mixed with oats, and after every lift with no additives. Im very interested in how it will mix and taste with water as well as my Almond milk.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
try try try :)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
try try try :)
never tried any vegan proteins so to be honest maybe it wouldn't help having me try :( but I would be happy to write a review tho :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Bump for AM, get on this!

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
IN !
Curious about what can be accomplished in this category,expecting only high quality and the taste must be out of this world.
C`MON,Pes ! Make me a vegan !

JP10

JP10

Awards
Haven't tried any vegan protein, and I have wanted to. I wouldn't say I have the most sensitive stomach, but some things are tough for me to digest. I am interested to see how this will compare(digestively) to the normal whey proteins that I have always taken. Also I have heard all of the rave on AM about the flavors of Select being delicious! Would leave a detailed review for taste an mixability without a problem!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I have tried a few vegan proteins in the past. While they are thick, a lot of them lack proper taste. A majority of them leave a very gritty aftertaste which is less then desirable. Select is known for good flavoring and if they can carry over the original flavors to a vegan line it will be a great category and product for those who cannot tolerate whey protein or lactose. I personally find too much dairy or lactose causes bloat, and because of this I have had to cut back the amount I intake on a weekly/daily basis to aid my digestion. Being on a cut thicker protein shakes and more volume in protein pudding does aid satiety.

AI No Whey
Nutakey Vegan Protein
Vega Protein

Picture and Written review would not be a problem. If you can carry over that vanilla from the regular select line it would easily be the best vegan vanilla ever made.

sareea

Awards
I haven't tried any vegan protein powder to date.
Just a vegan protein bar, and smelled one powder once :D I didn't like the taste much... And vegan stuff didn't impress me much.

PES always amazes with their flavors, and I am really eager to try it out and review it to punch my previous thoughts on vegan powders. :)

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would love to give this a shot, have tried another vegan protein and was not impressed with the taste while liking the ingredient profile. Being a fan of Select, I'm guessing this bucks the trend of bad tasting vegan proteins so would be definitely interested in trying. Happy to leave reviews or whatever feedback you guys need.

Zariph

Awards
I would loove to try it and give a detailed review! only tried 1 other vegan protein which was very bland tasting. Having some digesting problems with some protein powders, so would be nice to see how the vegan select would treat me:)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great opportunity here.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd be in to try. My son has a milk casein allergy so we use a lot of San raw fusion. Always looking to find something else to expand the flavors

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Id be willing to try because I haven't supplemented protein powder in my diet for a good 6+ months , very curious on taste from a vegan product as I have never had "vegan protein" so it sounds very interesting

I have never used vegan protein before so even though I will have no other vegan products to compare it too I will give an honest opinion as it will be my first

I'm allways happy to give a review that is extensive , I've been on the boards for a little while so the people here know I'm very honest and upfront about my opinion on things . Very curious regardless to see reviews on this protein !

warlordwrug

Awards
  • Established
Tell us why you want to try Select Vegan Protein.
I've never tried any other forms of protein powder but whey protein
I haven't tried or used any vegan supplements or protein
That is no issue

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I can see there will be some very happy people to have this non-dairy, vegan option.

Great apps so far, keep 'em coming and know we're pickng testers soon!

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established

My SO and one of my best friends are vegan and finally finding a vegan protein that tastes as good as I expect this to taste based on milk-based Select would be amazing. And after years of them being in my ear about it, I've transitioned from pounding chicken+steak to lacto-vegetarian and may or may not slide into full-vegetarianism/veganism.

MRM USA, Vega, Arbonne

Of course

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Always looking for different Protein options as some things suite different purposes. I personally like using Vegan protein options but my GF is quite lactose intolerate so this could be a great option for us.

I have tried Vega and Orgain. Both have very earthly tastes but weren't undrinkable. They did tend to get stale tasting and found the best use within Oatmeal.

Definitely would as thats the least I could do!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone contacted me through my personal training Facebook page and asked if they could try Select Vegan.

His review is just in on another forum.

I recently consulted with Ben Carpenter of PES, and was sent 2-7 serving tubs of PES’s new Vegan Series Select protein powder. I was overwhelmed with excitement, as it has been relatively difficult to find a good tasting, high quality vegan protein powder in today’s industry. There are certainly a few, a couple of which were intolerable, and a couple of which were drinkable. Below is a review on how well it mixes and tastes, comparing popular vegan protein powders to the PES Vegan Series:

Vanilla:
100 calories
0g fat
4g carbohydrates
20g protein

Chocolate:
110 calories
.5g fat
6g carbohydrates
20g protein

7g essential amino acids
Pea and rice protein concentrate
Gluten Free

Mixability: 8.5/10
To be honest, it mixes better than some whey protein powders I have had in the past. One thing to keep in mind with ALL vegetable-based protein powders is they have a chalky/gritty consistency. Unless the power has additional carbohydrates and/or fats in the mixture, a low fat, low carbohydrate, high protein vegan protein powder will have a chalky consistency. GET OVER IT. This PES Vegan Series did have a chalky consistency. It was not overwhelming, and the taste masks the consistency. If you are curious of a product on the market with a very similar consistency, think SAN Raw Fusion.
Taste:
Chocolate = 8.5/10
Vanilla = 8/10
These flavors are the tastiest vegan protein powders I have consumed (I have tried Raw Fusion, VegaOne (both the original and the ‘Sport’ series), MRM Veggie protein, Sun Warrior, and a few others). The chocolate was richer, and the vanilla was pretty typical for a vegan powder. I would LOVE to see PES bring a Chocolate PB into the vegan series. From what I have tasted, chocolate PB plant-based protein powder tastes really good, but PES did well with this one, and I suspect if this powder does well, chocolate peanut butter will be next on the list.

The powder itself is very ‘powdery’, but that is due to the protein being pea and rice based. Just make sure not to scoop too fast, or you’ll find you have protein powder all over your counter (LOL). This is the best vegan protein powder I have ever used. All of the taste tests were done with 8 ounces of water (vanilla) and 10 ounces of water (chocolate). Overall, I give both flavors an 8.5/10.
*I am in no way affiliated with PES nor do I receive any compensation for writing this review.*

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would love to try this protein out as my wife has a hypersensitivity to whey protein that doesn't allow her to drink standard whey shakes without getting sick. We have tried Vegan Freak by Pharmafreak which was really good! Since I tend to stick to whey protein, I would also love to explore other options as well as find another staple for my wife to use for a protein supplement.

Although I am the one with the AM account, we would both be more than willing to share our thoughts on taste, mixability, and profile!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure PES will do a great job of not having their vegan protein be gritty or off tasting like other vegan proteins out there. I like the flavoring of AI's NoWhey but it just doesn't have the creaminess of whey. The mixability isn't as good as whey either. Of course, like I said already, I'm sure the gurus of the protein at PES are sure to have a winner as they take quality, flavor and enjoyability very seriously. Interested to hear what people think.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm sure PES will do a great job of not having their vegan protein be gritty or off tasting like other vegan proteins out there. I like the flavoring of AI's NoWhey but it just doesn't have the creaminess of whey. The mixability isn't as good as whey either. Of course, like I said already, I'm sure the gurus of the protein at PES are sure to have a winner as they take quality, flavor and enjoyability (yes, I know that's not really a word) very seriously. Interested to hear what people think.
You Sir, have in fact used a word that is in the dictionary

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would love to try out another quality PES product. Interested to see if PES can pull off making a vegan protein taste good. I've only had SAN Rawfusion. The flavor was great but it still had that chalky aftertaste.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Down to try this. Have only tried one other vegan protein and it was horrible! Would like to try one that tastes good.

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
I would love to try this hardly use whey or protein powder cause prices but would love to sample this!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never tried plant based protein powder and wonder how it taste.
Never tried.
I'm always happy. :) I will tell the truth, be prepared.

hugojaya

hugojaya

Awards
  • Established

I have issues with GI upset of Whey. Been looking for any alternative.

I have used pea protein and vega proteins. I am looking for something taster and less grass-soy bean taste.

Yes -Will do

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to give it a shot. My, lets call it "innards," are having an increasingly more difficult time with milk-based protein powders. It's quite uncomfortable at times. I have tried veggie blends in the past from the company who used to be named True Protein (I'm can't remember what they are called now), but the taste and consistency was always pretty terrible, and the price wasn't all that worth it once shipping was figured in. I will definitely leave a review if picked.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because even if whey has a pretty good profile, it's not perfect. Better to mix things up a little.
Don't remember what it was, was over a year ago. But it tasted like crap and made everything I mixed it with taste like crap. It was quite cheap so there you have it.
no problem

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cheftepesh1
kdubson14
TheMovement

Email me with your address and flavour preference (chocolate or vanilla).

[email protected] :)

For anyone who wants to get in on the insider sale, this is your very last chance to sign up http://pescience.com/insider :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Congrats gentlemen,
Hope you enjoy!!!

Thank you to all entrants, I hope some of the rest of you take advantage of the Insider, it's a great day for a sale

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I literally just came in to apply to try some samples.

Congrats to the winners.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, I literally just came in to apply to try some samples.

Congrats to the winners.
Samples are not available yet.

Winners get full sized 27 serving tubs. :)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Samples are not available yet.

Winners get full sized 27 serving tubs. :)
Oh dang, from the 1st post it sounded like sample packs.

Can't wait to hear what people think.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Winner's orders have all been processed and the tubs will ship shortly.

There may be a small delay as they coincide with the insider sale. Please be patient.

I look forward to reading your reviews. :)

Comeuppance

Awards
I've tried a bunch of vegan proteins over the years and especially when I was a "Vitamin Manager" at a health food store and reps dropped off full-size tubs for me to try - Garden of Life Raw Meal and Raw Protein (Chocolate, Vanilla, Marley Coffee, Vanilla Spice Chai), Vega Sport(Vanilla, Chocolate), Vega Protein & Greens (Chocolate), Plantfusion (chocolate) and Sunwarrior (chocolate)

I'm a fan of PES products but have had to avoid the Select Protein because of the casein protein giving me stomach troubles. I would be very interested to try the vegan protein and subsequently review it.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Read the thread sir

sareea

Awards
I've tried a bunch of vegan proteins over the years and especially when I was a "Vitamin Manager" at a health food store and reps dropped off full-size tubs for me to try - Garden of Life Raw Meal and Raw Protein (Chocolate, Vanilla, Marley Coffee, Vanilla Spice Chai), Vega Sport(Vanilla, Chocolate), Vega Protein & Greens (Chocolate), Plantfusion (chocolate) and Sunwarrior (chocolate)

I'm a fan of PES products but have had to avoid the Select Protein because of the casein protein giving me stomach troubles. I would be very interested to try the vegan protein and subsequently review it.
If it was for me I would have chosen you as a winner :D