DMAA: Fighting the good fight with Jared Wheat, CEO of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

[video=youtube;Nc_WZ9GxfR0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_WZ9GxfR0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great video! I really appreciate these as a look into a company and man that until recently I had only seen vilified on forums. I'm glad that public opinion is changing on Hi-Tech.
Haters gonna hate...

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would love to see all the companies out there get together and say we are fighting this!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Would love to see all the companies out there get together and say we are fighting this!
I would too. We are at at time in history where EVERYONE seems to be dissatisfied with government involvement. The supplement companies are no different. I can only hope more people will start to stand up for what is right.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never even bothered to pay attention to DMAA, and randomly stumbled upon this thread. I'm starting to like Hi-Tech more and more, although I haven't used anything of theirs yet.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome vid, must have missed this one on facebook!

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Didn't the FDA supposedly seize several million of dollars in products from Hi-Tech that contained DMAA?

Also if so, how did it happen? Was it similar to when they raided Primordial Performance and 30+ armed Feds with weapons drawn entered the facility?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't the FDA supposedly seize several million of dollars in products from Hi-Tech that contained DMAA?

Also if so, how did it happen? Was it similar to when they raided Primordial Performance and 30+ armed Feds with weapons drawn entered the facility?
they did, which was returned to us as we continue to fight them at the federal level. the situation should be resolved within the next 18 months or so we expect

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
they did, which was returned to us as we continue to fight them at the federal level. the situation should be resolved within the next 18 months or so we expect
Good luck. Hoping you guys win this. Didn't realize they returned the product :)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Fighting the good fight. Much respect.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
in November of 2013, the US Marshals (at the request of the FDA) raided Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and seized $2 million worth of raw 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and DMAA-based products,[8] without a warning letter or a seizure notice.

$2 million worth of their inventory was seized, and they were never warned about it or given what they claimed to be due process.

According to Hi-Tech, the FDA never formally banned DMAA in the first place. There was never any “Final Agency Action” taken, nor were any laws ever formally written regarding 1,3 dimethylamylamine.

Hi-Tech’s stance is clear: warning letters do not constitute law, and DMAA is natural, safe, and legal per the FDA’s DSHEA Act.

By the FDA’s own laws and definitions, it has never been proven to be “adulterated” or “misbranded”, and thus cannot be detained.[9]

Honestly, it looks like they were playing the big old tuff guy with a badge routine. Someone probably thought, they will never fight back. Were they wrong. but what i want to see is

"Note that USPLabs’ official responses are not available on the FDA’s website, and likely will not be made available without a Freedom of Information Act filed."

This is interesting- if the FDA is so sure, why would they not post this? odd isnt it

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in November of 2013, the US Marshals (at the request of the FDA) raided Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals and seized $2 million worth of raw 1,3 Dimethylamylamine and DMAA-based products,[8] without a warning letter or a seizure notice.

$2 million worth of their inventory was seized, and they were never warned about it or given what they claimed to be due process.

According to Hi-Tech, the FDA never formally banned DMAA in the first place. There was never any “Final Agency Action” taken, nor were any laws ever formally written regarding 1,3 dimethylamylamine.

Hi-Tech’s stance is clear: warning letters do not constitute law, and DMAA is natural, safe, and legal per the FDA’s DSHEA Act.

By the FDA’s own laws and definitions, it has never been proven to be “adulterated” or “misbranded”, and thus cannot be detained.[9]

Honestly, it looks like they were playing the big old tuff guy with a badge routine. Someone probably thought, they will never fight back. Were they wrong. but what i want to see is

"Note that USPLabs’ official responses are not available on the FDA’s website, and likely will not be made available without a Freedom of Information Act filed."

This is interesting- if the FDA is so sure, why would they not post this? odd isnt it
I'm not sure of what you're asking/suggesting tbh...can you restate the question? sorry, it's early yet and I'm still drinking my coffee lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'm not sure of what you're asking/suggesting tbh...can you restate the question? sorry, it's early yet and I'm still drinking my coffee lol
was summing up the whole thing- fda handlings of this, was just wrong-

I would actually like to see USP response. We cant, its not disclosed. I would like to read what they replied back. Something in that reply obviously made a lot of sense. FDA wont release it

USPLabs’ official responses are not available on the FDA’s website, and likely will not be made available without a Freedom of Information Act filed."

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
was summing up the whole thing- fda handlings of this, was just wrong-

I would actually like to see USP response. We cant, its not disclosed. I would like to read what they replied back. Something in that reply obviously made a lot of sense. FDA wont release it

USPLabs’ official responses are not available on the FDA’s website, and likely will not be made available without a Freedom of Information Act filed."
ahhhh ok. Yea, I am curious to see how the USP court case plays out as they have a bit more on their plate than simply "selling DMAA" as they have the labeling issues(listing it as an extract) as well as the raw material "issues" the FDA claimed them to have.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ahhhh ok. Yea, I am curious to see how the USP court case plays out as they have a bit more on their plate than simply "selling DMAA" as they have the labeling issues(listing it as an extract) as well as the raw material "issues" the FDA claimed them to have.
exactly

since other companies destroyed whatever product they had, I wonder if they have any legal stance on reimbursement?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
exactly

since other companies destroyed whatever product they had, I wonder if they have any legal stance on reimbursement?
highly doubtful. even if DMAA is deemed as 100% legal/compliant and can be sold again(according to the FDA), the govt will not be responsible per usual

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
highly doubtful. even if DMAA is deemed as 100% legal/compliant and can be sold again(according to the FDA), the govt will not be responsible per usual
if said product was taken due to a statute that in fact was incorrect or an agency used the statute in a manor of which it was not intended for, someone should be looking into this.

when the final outcome is decided and the verdict is in favor of HT- cant see why it wont be- I wouldn't be surprised if you see lawsuits coming against the FDA for wrongful cause.

right now, would agree its the gov and its a long shot- but after a win case, they should have a chance. anything is possible

ForceOfNature

Awards
Mesomorph till the death! I fckin love that stuff!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
Supplements 0
Supplements 5
Supplements 1
MA Labs 14