Prohormones 101 with Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
https://hitechpharma.com/blogs/news/93201665-prohormones-101-a-starters-guide?mc_cid=adba8bf7f3&mc_eid=585dbe867e

Prohormones have been a pretty common term since Mark McGwire admitted to using them en route to breaking the home run record in 1998. Since then we’ve all heard the term countless times. You’ve read about them, your gym buddies have talked about them, and you’ve even considered using them…but do you truly understand what “Prohormones” are? Don’t worry if you don’t, the fact is that very few people actually do!

In the most simplified terms, a Prohormone is something that converts into an active hormone after we consume it. This means to be classified as a true Prohormone, the product needs to go through one or more hormonal conversions once it’s in your body. This means things like testosterone boosters (mostly herbal extracts) are NOT prohormones, since they never convert to an actual hormone (they only increase your body’s ability to create more natural testosterone). Supplements like creatine, protein powder, beta alanine, and other standard supplements can in no way be classified as Prohormones.

Continuing the topic of what Prohormones aren’t, it is necessary to bring up the topic of Designer Steroids. Designer Steroids are commonly referred to as Prohormones, however they are not the same. Designer Steroids (think back to the days of Dymethazine, M-drol, PheraPlex) never undergo a conversion in the body, and are just newer and less studied forms of actual anabolic steroids.

Most educated gym-goers will claim that Prohormones were recently banned due to sweeping legislation from 2014, however this isn’t true! The Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014 specifically made Designer Steroids illegal. Extremely powerful Prohormones ARE still legal & available on the market, you just have to know what to look for.​

Below is a comprehensive guide to all Prohormones currently available:

Available Products: Current products which feature this Prohormone.

Target Hormone: This is what makes a Prohormone a Prohormone…it has to convert to an active hormone (AKA Steroid). So this piece of information is crucial to understanding the effects of the Prohormone in question. If a Prohormone converts into Testosterone, it will give results similar to Testosterone. If it converts into another steroid, for example Nandrolone (Deca), it will give results similar to Deca.

Anabolic Potency: Indicates how powerful the hormone is for building muscle mass. The higher the number, the more potential for increased size and mass.

Androgenic Potency: Indicates how powerful the compound is for building strength, muscle hardening, and libido increases.

Cut or Bulk: How to best utilize the product - Should you use it when bulking up for size, would it be better when dieting down to get lean and hard, or can it be used effectively for both?

1-Andro or 1-DHEA (also 1-androstene-3b-ol-17-one, 1-dehydroepiandrosterone or 3b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-17-one)

Available Products: 1-AD®, 1-Testosterone™, 1-ANDRO™, Anavar®, Sustanon 250™, Androbolic 250™, Monster Plexx®

Target Hormone: 1-Testosterone

Anabolic Potency: 200 (2x that of Testosterone)

Androgenic Potency: 100 (1x that of Testosterone)

Cut or Bulk: With 2x the anabolic potential of pure testosterone, this Prohormone makes an excellent choice for any bulking cycle. Users can experience significant lean muscle mass gains to the tune of 10lbs+ in just a month.

4-Andro or 4-DHEA (also 4-androstene-3b-ol-,17-one, 4-dehydroepiandrosterone, 4-androstene-3b-ol-17-one)

Available Products: Anavar®, Androdiol®, Sustanon 250™, Androbolic 250™, 4-ANDRO™, Monster Plexx®

Target Hormone: Testosterone

Anabolic Potency: 100 (1x that of Testosterone)

Cut or Bulk: As this compound converts into pure Testosterone, it means it is perfectly suited both for any bulking or cutting cycle. This compound makes a perfect “base” to be stacked with any other Prohormone available.

1,4-Andro or 1,4-DHEA (also 1,4-androstene-3b-ol-17-one, 1,4-dehydroepiandrosterone, 3b-Hydroxy-1,4-Androstadien-17-one)

Available Products: Equibolin®, Dianabol®

Target Hormone: Boldenone

Anabolic Potency: 50 (1/2 that of Testosterone)

Cut or Bulk: Since it converts into Boldenone, a famous bodybuilding steroid which has a fortunate side effect of increasing hunger, this Prohormone is traditionally utilized on long bulk cycles. It offers slow and steady gains that can be used to solidify quick weight increases while bulking. For those with great self control however, this Prohormone can be used effectively on a cut as it directly increases vascularity and helps increase muscle hardness and definition.

19-NorAndro or 19-NorDHEA (also 19-NorAndrost-4-ene-3b-ol, 17-one, 19-Nordehydroepiandrosterone)

Available Products: Decabolin®

Target Hormone: Nandrolone

Anabolic Potency: 125 (1.25x that of Testosterone)

Androgenic Potency: 37 (.37 that of Testosterone)

Cut or Bulk: With an anabolic potential greater than that of Testosterone, Nandrolone (AKA Deca) is one of the most coveted bulking agents of all time.

Epiandrosterone or Epiandrostenolone (also 3b-hydroxy-etioallocholan-17-one)

Available Products: Anavar®, Sustanon 250™, EPI-ANDRO 50™, Monster Plexx®

Target Hormone: Dihydrotestosterone

Anabolic Potency: 260

Androgenic Potency: 60

Cut or Bulk: This compound shows us that although the anabolic:androgenic ratio shows it SHOULD be a great bulking agent, the reality is that the body doesn’t always behave the way science says it should. This compound is actually the most effective hardening/strength/defining compound of all the Prohormones, and the weakest for mass gains. This is the absolute perfect option for any cutting cycle.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Awesome thread!!!!! Pure awesomeness

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wanted to open this so people could discuss prohormones, in any facet. time we get more discussion going about the newest wave of great products in the industry

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great article Vaughn! Thanks for putting this information here for us to read.

brooklynn

brooklynn

Awards
So would it be better to stack epiandro with 4-ad to cut instead of using 1-ad with 4-ad

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So would it be better to stack epiandro with 4-ad to cut instead of using 1-ad with 4-ad
since you have the epiandro included(which improves libido and energy), I'd go for the 1-andro + epi. The epi will make sure everything from the 1-andro is compeltely and totally dry, and you'll have the higher anabolic rating(200:100 for 1-andro, while 100:100 for 4-andro)

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
so what is the difference between 1AD and 1 testosterone by high tech? same compound at different dose?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so what is the difference between 1AD and 1 testosterone by high tech? same compound at different dose?
some small but significant differences:

1AD: has a long ester 1-andro, along with 5a-hydroxy-laxogenin. Laxogenin is a really cool compound because it displays the same anabolic:androgenic ratio as Anavar! So, with the lower dose of 1-andro and the Laxogenin, I consider this the "cutter".

1Testosterone: has no ester, but a much larger dose(110mg vs ~55mg), along with 6,7 DHB to help in the conversion process. I would consider this the "bulker"

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
awesome thread idea... good summation. Will you be updating to include all of the Superdrol ingredients?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
some small but significant differences:

1AD: has a long ester 1-andro, along with 5a-hydroxy-laxogenin. Laxogenin is a really cool compound because it displays the same anabolic:androgenic ratio as Anavar! So, with the lower dose of 1-andro and the Laxogenin, I consider this the "cutter".

1Testosterone: has no ester, but a much larger dose(110mg vs ~55mg), along with 6,7 DHB to help in the conversion process. I would consider this the "bulker"
Ok can you explain how the long ester of the 1AD and the no ester make a difference?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok can you explain how the long ester of the 1AD and the no ester make a difference?
The theory behind the esters is to keep blood hormone levels elevated for as long as possible. I personally am not a huge fan of the esters on orals, but thats not to say they don't work for their intended purpose. I just find that since you're dosing the ingredients multiple times per day anyway, does it really make a difference in the end? I personally would prefer no ester, and more of the hormone itself unless we're talking about injecting, and then esters are crucial

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn VT. This was very informative. Another reason you're the man!!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great article brotha! I think this one is overlooked so often.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome thread!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kick ass thread!! I enjoyed reading this!!

shiftmx6

shiftmx6

Awards
Just found this Vaughn. Thanks for the epic write up. Really breaks it all down and makes it easy to understand.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just found this Vaughn. Thanks for the epic write up. Really breaks it all down and makes it easy to understand.
my pleasure! More articles like this coming soon!

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
my pleasure! More articles like this coming soon!
Would be awesome to see more like these ! Been doing a lot of research and this article has to be better then pretty much everything else I've seen

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would be awesome to see more like these ! Been doing a lot of research and this article has to be better then pretty much everything else I've seen
im just waiting for my current articles to be approved by Hi-Tech, and then I'll have them up in this section

mjdel05

Awards
  • Established
What would you say is the biggest difference between androbolic 250 and monster plexx. And what's going on with Helladrol?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What would you say is the biggest difference between androbolic 250 and monster plexx. And what's going on with Helladrol?
Bumping this for vaughn.. those two are not within my knowledge base :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Im aiming for Trest I believe :)
But I also wanted to know if Hi-Tech have any product thats suitable for this and good dosed.
I would keep 1-andro as your base. You are not talking about a test base, are you? We have an EQ & Deca pro-hormone that stacks well with 1-andro.

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
I would keep 1-andro as your base. You are not talking about a test base, are you? We have an EQ & Deca pro-hormone that stacks well with 1-andro.
Yeah I meant as a "test" base... Seems like Trest is the most effective ph oral. Or just pin Test :O

Bourne

Awards
This is great info! So Vaughn do you think clomid is necessary as a pct for all of these products or would a standard PCT like Sup3r-Pct by olympus labs work? Does High Tech Pharma make a pct? Thanks man!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Vaughn do you have any info to share in LG science PH-17?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is great info! So Vaughn do you think clomid is necessary as a pct for all of these products or would a standard PCT like Sup3r-Pct by olympus labs work? Does High Tech Pharma make a pct? Thanks man!
Clomid / Nolva IMO are not 100% needed but are the "best." Our current elite PCT under the hi-tech umbrella is Form-XT by LG Sciences. Solid additions would be,

Testabolan & Tropinol XP by IFN

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Clomid / Nolva IMO are not 100% needed but are the "best." Our current elite PCT under the hi-tech umbrella is Form-XT by LG Sciences. Solid additions would be,

I thought a SERM is always recommended to balance test levels back out since Test Boosters can only do so much? Not correcting, just clarifying. :)

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Joe12

Joe12

Awards
That is a great chart! I like how Hi-Tech is stacking their PH in one pill. I know 1&4 should be run together, but it looks like you sell 5 products with 1, 4, and prasterone. Prasterone helps in the treatment of lupus, but how does it help when stacked with 1 & 4?

Also, how do you guy think LGD stack's up against 1&4 (and w/prasterone). Which is safer for a 1st timer? Benefits, disadvantages, sides...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been looking at your 19-nor product. What is the suggested dose? I'm needing something to cushion my joints from my 1-ad and epiandro cycle.

moosemanry

moosemanry

Awards
Very informative. Answered a lot for me. Thanks

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Think you can do a peptide one?
I do know of a company working on a totally novel orally available peptide that works via increased IGF-1 expression. It is still in the development stage, but I think late 2016 to early 2017 it will become a reality.

don't forget Estrogenex 2nd Generation

I thought a SERM is always recommended to balance test levels back out since Test Boosters can only do so much? Not correcting, just clarifying. :)
It's the best option overall, however bloodwork backs our claims that our PCT stacks will stabilize estrogen to healthy levels, and boost testosterone well above baseline. heres an example: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/197883-bringing-boys-back.html

I see y'alls ads in the latest issue of MD. Makes my eyebrows raise... In a good way.
:D heck yea man, thats what I like to hear

That is a great chart! I like how Hi-Tech is stacking their PH in one pill. I know 1&4 should be run together, but it looks like you sell 5 products with 1, 4, and prasterone. Prasterone helps in the treatment of lupus, but how does it help when stacked with 1 & 4?

Also, how do you guy think LGD stack's up against 1&4 (and w/prasterone). Which is safer for a 1st timer? Benefits, disadvantages, sides...
Prasterone is a fancy name for DHEA. it's a solid natural test booster which has a ton of clinical science behind it.

It would enhance libido, energy, and circulating test levels if stacked with 1 & 4 andro.

I am not informed on LGD, whats the profile? If these hormones don't have Cyclosome delivery in them (only hi-tech family brands do), they're not as effective as ones with it.

I've been looking at your 19-nor product. What is the suggested dose? I'm needing something to cushion my joints from my 1-ad and epiandro cycle.
Label on there suggests 2/day. I personally would up my dose beyond that to 4 and enjoy the ride if you're using 1-ad and epiandro

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
looks like a much older product, can you show me an ingredient panel?
Here you go
Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container : 60
Propriety Blend
17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol 50mg
(-)-Epicatechin 90% 50mg

17- ProAndro is a naturally occurring endogenous metabolite found in humans and is DSHEA compliant. 17-ProAndro converts to DHT giving you the edge over others in the gym! 17-ProAndro’s powerful prohormone may cause you to acquire hard, dry striated muscle mass. You can use this powerful prohormone as a standalone or as an addition to your prohormone cycle. 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol is a natural hormone and is legal to sell under US law as a dietary supplement. As, it is a naturally occurring hormone found in food. Additionally, precursor hormones are also found in food that is naturally metabolized into 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol by enzymes in the human body. In addition to the endogenous formation, 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol has been documented to naturally occur in edible fish such as catfish, as well as goby, which is an important source of prey for a variety of commercial fish. 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol derivatives have been found in plants, such as Juglans regia (Common Walnut), Holarrhena floribunda (False rubber tree), and Adonis aleppica (buttercup family). Juglans regia, is the oldest source of tree foods, and therefore shows that 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol has been a natural food metabolite for hundreds of years. Additionally, species of Holarrhena and Adonis have both been used as herbal supplements for many years.

The need for man to supplement his diet with exogenous hormones is becoming a biological necessity with the discovery that environmental xeno-estrogens and endocrine disruptors are prevalent in our food, food packaging, water, pesticides, plastics and common household items. These endocrine disruptors may both reduce a man’s ability to produce androgens and additionally, more insidiously disrupts the natural androgen/estrogen balance vital to health and well being. Because these chemicals are not structurally similar to estrogen, yet share pharmacological activity traditional medical tests cannot account for their activity. Due to the overwhelming amount of estrogenic foods and chemicals compared to their androgenic counterparts, modern men are under estrogenic assault like no other time in history.

17-ProAndro is based upon the novel compound 17beta-{1-Ketoethyl}-androsta-1, 4-diene-3-one, 17a-ol the hormone, 1,4-diene, is formed naturally by many different microbes and fungi and has been discovered in larger animals such as crustaceans through the degradation of phytosterols, cholesterol, progesterone, 17a-hydroxyprogesterone, and other derivatives. It is therefore, a naturally occurring hormone as these microbes are found in foods as well occurring naturally within the human gut. Therefore, by recognizing the many different organisms that perform these metabolic degradations, it is clearly evident that 1,4-diene is a natural byproduct during the catabolism of sterols, and is therefore a natural hormone found in humans and in food.

All previous Oral capsules and tablets manufactured to increase testosterone are involved in the”first pass affect” which renders the active compounds virtually useless. Cyclosome — the most advanced liposomal delivery technology ever developed for bioavailability is the answer to getting poorly absorbed compounds into the body so they can work! The pharmaceutical industry has embraced this cutting-edge technology in recent years and now 17-ProAndro™ will be one of the first to utilize it in a anabolic agent. The Pharmacokenetics of liposomally encased 17- ProAndro makes it several hundred percent more effective at causing you to acquire hard, dry striated muscle mass. If your goal is to have a steady gain of strength and quality muscle mass then look no further than 17- ProAndro and you will not be disappointed in what you see in the mirror!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh, that's our current 17-Pro Andro

in short, it converts to DHT, so itll provide many of the same benefits as the more common epiandrosterone

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do know of a company working on a totally novel orally available peptide that works via increased IGF-1 expression. It is still in the development stage, but I think late 2016 to early 2017 it will become a reality.

Hey I think I know of that company too!!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey I think I know of that company too!!
really? I just found out about this and was pretty intrigued...PM me, I'm curious if multiple companies are doing so