USPlabS FREe ModernPRE+ FoR thE HARDCORe LifteR. POSt ThanksgivinG WorkouT-TalK TimE!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Simply detail your destruction plan for the workouts (tomorrow thru Sunday. Winners picked monday) after the Thanksgiving feast….

I'll pick as many winners as i Can. WinnerS chosen Lottery Style and a possibly a few instant winnerS. All WinnerS will receive a bottle of ModernPRE+ and our very fancy Barbell Club T-shirt.

If you blow me away with detail, i may even get more liberal with the prizeSSSSSS.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow I'll wake up at 5 and head to the gym. Tomorrow is my deadlift day so since I will have this amazing feast today I will use my extra carbs and attempt to pull 480. Then I will crush abs with a weighted routine and the wheel o death followed by a sweat out in the sauna.
On Saturday I will rise at 5 again and go for a run through my neighborhood. After the run I plan on a soak in my hot tub. After work I plan on putting up Christmas lights so I will be climbing the ladder up and down for a couple hours. Really put a burn on those calves.
On Sunday it's my normal rest day. But I will be finishing Christmas lights and decorating the home so the day will be spent moving and lifting boxes up and down stairs.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thursday Pre-workout:

Train legs:
Triple Dropset Leg Curl
Rest pause leg extension
Rest Pause RDL
Weighted Lunges with chains up and down the gym
6 gets of 8 reps for Back Squat (Worked up to 335 x 8)

Thursday Post-workout:

Friday:
Rest day working 8-8, no cardio, letting my body soak up all the good food to rest/recover/grow

Saturday:
7 AM Training Back and Shoulders on tap
mix up Modern BCAA for pre/intra-workout cocktail
Rack Deadlifts (work up to a 20 set rest pause set)
Dumbbell Row (Triple Dropset)
Low Cable Row (work up to a weight to get an easy 10 reps), then add weight after every 5 reps (accumulation set)
Single Arm Cable Pulldowns (focus on 3 second eccentrics)
DB Rear Delt Destroyers (Sets of 30)
Partial Lateral raises 3 sets of 20
Hammer Strength Dropset on Shoulder Press (work up to 120 each hand and drop to 100 then 80) till failure

Post-workout modern Protein Cookies:

Pre-workout for sunday:

Sunday Legs:
Reverse Hack Squats 3 sets of 10
Single Leg Leg Curls (Go back and forth between legs till failure)
DB RDL's (Triple Dropset)
Leg press (Feet high) to target hamstrings 3 sets of 10
Leg Extension (Rest Pause each leg till failure)
Hack Squats (10 second eccentrics) 3 sets

Post-workout:

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just gonna say. Ripped 480 this morning (felt nice and easy) Half repped 495. I'm thankful for my thanksgiving carbs for giving me the strength to pull a new PR.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finishing some aminos and about to hit my pre-workout (no Modern Pre here yet ;) lol) and go hang out a high volume leg session. Lot of work in the 15-25 rep range.

Saturday it will be high volume delts and traps; same rep ranges. DB OHPs, side DB lateral raises, bent over seated side DB lateral raises, BB shrugs, etc.

Sunday my workout will be driving 400+ miles...dreading that one the most LOL. Gonna need some foam roller work after that one.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Unfortunately my family were out of state so I was about to celebrate thanksgiving solo.
Now, my family and I are fully European and we usually don't do thanksgiving as intense as most other people and it usually just involved delicious duck and roasted potatoes.

This thanksgiving, one of my friends invited me over to his place to have thanksgiving with them. For the first time I had an actual thanksgiving meal with all the bells and whistles lol. Turkey, parsnips, green beans, buns, mashed potatoes, pie, etc. It was pretty cool to be a part of that and his family was pretty accepting of me being there (he brought his lady friend too). When I got home, I promptly passed out in a food coma

Now that I finished my workout:
BB Bench 245x5, then drop to 225 4x5
OHP 145 4x4
Weight pullups +35 6x5
Reverse Hyper 90lb 2x20

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
It started this morning and will continue thru Sunday my wife and i (who is pregnant with are 2nd child) had a Awsome circut workout. It consists of 5 circuts of 5 30 sec rounds with 15 sec rest in between rounds.
#1 pushups, kb swings ,mnt climbers
#2 trx row, prison squats, wall sits
#3 frnt plate raise, calve raise high knee runs
#4 db curl, dips, planks
#5 skater hops, walk lunge, hammer curl

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for the record, I didn't expect many responses during the holiday weekend...

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
busy times! homemade turducken (bacon n sausage stuffed), ski resort opening, babies first tooth, wife's birthday, my birthday two days later, start new job..... so Thursday thru Saturday (today) saw lots of action!

(turducken prep wednesday night, late)
Thursday saw an early AM run in the snow followed by the usual Thanksgiving shenanigans

Friday saw a killer chest and back day, crazy rain and flooding at work - never a dull moment

(babies tooth, up all night w/ lil sleep)

Saturday saw a structural breakdown of a major bridge at work > wifes 30th bday > unhappy baby

Sunday (tomo) will be work, bis n tris, football. undoubtedly more baby fussiness (poor sweetie, poor parents)

Monday - my 32nd bday. home alone all day with baby, playing around in home gym and going out for dinner later (an 80 mile round trip drive along a dangerous highway)

I just realized I lost track of what I was trying to share but like I said busy busy ;) life's good tho I workout as much as I can, as hard as I can, and when I can. still sore from chest and back on friday!!!

ForceOfNature

Awards
Is it too late to enter? Oh well I'll give it my best shot anyway just cause I'm bored. OK here we go:
FRIDAY I woke up at 7:05am. I set my alarm for 7:00am but I like to stay in bed for a few extra minutes to see how my body is feeling and take deep breathes. For the first time in quite a while, I felt refreshed and it put a smile on my face because I knew I got quality sleep that night which means quality gains! After getting up out of bed, I go take my hot shower and envision my workout, it's leg day, I can already feel the bar on my back, the sweat dripping from my face, my body so heated up that it sounds like a good idea to go for a cool down in the Sahara desert, then I realized I'm running late for work so I quickly get ready and leave for work. After a long day at work, I have my pre workout meal, some rice and chicken with a banana. My mind is procrastinating, nervous of what's coming. The war between me and the barbell is coming, pain is waiting for me, but I won't be intimidated, so I grab my gear and head off to the gym, then I realize halfway to the gym I made a big mistake, I didn't come fully prepared for this war. I left my pre workout back at home! It's too late to go back now, so I make a quick prayer and hope for the best. I get to the gym, I do a more extensive warm up than I usually would and then it was time, time for war! No more messing around, I get under the bar and blast out 5 reps but that wasn't enough so I did it 5 more times! After a gruelling 5 rounds with the squat, I take a breather and prepare myself for the Deadlift! I grind out 4 rounds with the Deadlift and could feel the aching pain shooting at my legs, the blood flowing as fast as a river and the waterfall of sweat dripping down my face. I made it, I won the war! My reward? Some more gainss! Just as I am finishing up my leg workout, my brother walks into the gym with my pre workout so I figure why not just stay a bit longer and leave with him. I chug down a scoop of my pre workout and prepare myself for a follow up war. This time my chest will be taking the heavy hits. I hit a Pr on my bench and could feel my chest attempting to rip out of my shirt. Crazy chest workout! I go home and replenish myself with beef and a protien shake then I go off to bed.
SATURDAY I wake up at 10:30am, it's my day off work so I sleep till I can't sleep anymore. I have a big breakfast and take my sweet time eating it, then I go and take my shower. It's now about 4:00pm and time for my pre workout meal, I have an omelet with bread. I wait about an hour, and then gulp down my pre workout. It's time to annihilate my back and arms! I get into the gym feeling like the hulk on trenbolone. It's raining outside but that only motivates me more and has me feeling electrified. Is that weird? Anyways I'm moving from place to place, looking for a new way to torture my back and arms, their screaming in pain and a ocean of blood fills them. I walk out of the gym feeling like a unstoppable force that will never encounter an immovable object.
SUNDAY is my rest day. I'll probably kick back and watch something on Netflix and fight the urge to go to the gym and eat a whole bunch! Hope you enjoyed that! Lol.
Here's the workouts I did:

Legs/chest
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 5x4
Seated leg curl 12x3
Leg extension 12x3
Flat bb press 5-6x5
Flat dB press 10-12x3
Decline bb press 10-12x3
Dips 3x to failure

Back/arms
Pull up 3x to failure
One arm db row 10-12x3
Wide grip Lat pull down 10-12x3
Seated wide grip cable row 10-12x3
Db curls 8-10x3
Spider curls 10-12x4
Rope hammer curl 10-12x3
Tricep pushdown 10-12x4
Rope pushdown 8-10x3
Reverse grip pushdown 10-12x3
One arm dB standing extension 10-12x3

ForceOfNature

Awards
Anyone who read my whole post you are awesome! And for the record, I'm usually not that dramatic and detailed but USP labs wanted detailed so... lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is a copy of my Thanksgiving day log. I don't know have it could get more detailed than this. Even managed (2) workouts before lunch!

Day 19 (Thanksgiving) Body Weight 190

Get up in 5am take my Pre-Workout, wait 1/2 an hour, Hit the gym. I train in the AM Fasted at my home gym. Workout last about (1) hour.

Shoulders Today - All Movement Superset !

Standing Press (1) 45x15 (2) 55x16 (3) 65x17 (4) 75x18 (5) 85x8
Front Lateral Raises (1) 30x10 (2) 30x11 (3) 30x12 (4) 30x13 (5) 30x15 - First time I have done these in a long time, my front delts overpower my Side and Rear delts, so I really ever work them....Just something different.

Side Lateral Raises (1) 10x15 (2) 10x16 (3) 10x17 (4) 15x12 (5) 20x10
Rear Lateral Raises (1) 15x15 (2) 20x15 (3) 25x15 (4) 30x15 (5) 35x15

Hyperextensions

Breakfast, No Work Today

So I headed to Planet Fitness for some mid-morning Cardio and Ab work 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Today's Nutrition -
Fat Grams 71
Carb Grams 304
Protein Grams 137
Total Calories 2,375

Not bad for Thanksgiving Day!

and as always a Scoop of my favorite BCAA before bed!!

USPlabs (598x800).jpg

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it too late to enter? Oh well I'll give it my best shot anyway just cause I'm bored. OK here we go:
FRIDAY I woke up at 7:05am. I set my alarm for 7:00am but I like to stay in bed for a few extra minutes to see how my body is feeling and take deep breathes. For the first time in quite a while, I felt refreshed and it put a smile on my face because I knew I got quality sleep that night which means quality gains! After getting up out of bed, I go take my hot shower and envision my workout, it's leg day, I can already feel the bar on my back, the sweat dripping from my face, my body so heated up that it sounds like a good idea to go for a cool down in the Sahara desert, then I realized I'm running late for work so I quickly get ready and leave for work. After a long day at work, I have my pre workout meal, some rice and chicken with a banana. My mind is procrastinating, nervous of what's coming. The war between me and the barbell is coming, pain is waiting for me, but I won't be intimidated, so I grab my gear and head off to the gym, then I realize halfway to the gym I made a big mistake, I didn't come fully prepared for this war. I left my pre workout back at home! It's too late to go back now, so I make a quick prayer and hope for the best. I get to the gym, I do a more extensive warm up than I usually would and then it was time, time for war! No more messing around, I get under the bar and blast out 5 reps but that wasn't enough so I did it 5 more times! After a gruelling 5 rounds with the squat, I take a breather and prepare myself for the Deadlift! I grind out 4 rounds with the Deadlift and could feel the aching pain shooting at my legs, the blood flowing as fast as a river and the waterfall of sweat dripping down my face. I made it, I won the war! My reward? Some more gainss! Just as I am finishing up my leg workout, my brother walks into the gym with my pre workout so I figure why not just stay a bit longer and leave with him. I chug down a scoop of my pre workout and prepare myself for a follow up war. This time my chest will be taking the heavy hits. I hit a Pr on my bench and could feel my chest attempting to rip out of my shirt. Crazy chest workout! I go home and replenish myself with beef and a protien shake then I go off to bed.
SATURDAY I wake up at 10:30am, it's my day off work so I sleep till I can't sleep anymore. I have a big breakfast and take my sweet time eating it, then I go and take my shower. It's now about 4:00pm and time for my pre workout meal, I have an omelet with bread. I wait about an hour, and then gulp down my pre workout. It's time to annihilate my back and arms! I get into the gym feeling like the hulk on trenbolone. It's raining outside but that only motivates me more and has me feeling electrified. Is that weird? Anyways I'm moving from place to place, looking for a new way to torture my back and arms, their screaming in pain and a ocean of blood fills them. I walk out of the gym feeling like a unstoppable force that will never encounter an immovable object.
SUNDAY is my rest day. I'll probably kick back and watch something on Netflix and fight the urge to go to the gym and eat a whole bunch! Hope you enjoyed that! Lol.
Here's the workouts I did:

Legs/chest
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 5x4
Seated leg curl 12x3
Leg extension 12x3
Flat bb press 5-6x5
Flat dB press 10-12x3
Decline bb press 10-12x3
Dips 3x to failure

Back/arms
Pull up 3x to failure
One arm db row 10-12x3
Wide grip Lat pull down 10-12x3
Seated wide grip cable row 10-12x3
Db curls 8-10x3
Spider curls 10-12x4
Rope hammer curl 10-12x3
Tricep pushdown 10-12x4
Rope pushdown 8-10x3
Reverse grip pushdown 10-12x3
One arm dB standing extension 10-12x3
you are good. Winners chosen tomorrow.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't know why you don't take your youtube cooking channel up a notch. There is bread there is you know what i mean!
I just like cooking and pleasing the masses. I get more feedback and exposure from pictures than i do from videos.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just like cooking and pleasing the masses. I get more feedback and exposure from pictures than i do from videos.
I have followed and enjoyed a few of your recipes!! Thank you!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you are leaving money on the table. Fit man can cook dude has an agent and his recipes no one uses!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Friday (after the feast and 25 chocolate chip cookies my wife made)

Starting body weight 145lb

I had:

Belt less pause squats, which I worked up to an @8 single of 295. Then had my regular back down sets (load drop of 7%) until my fatigue changed from an 8 to a 9. So, I had pauses 275x4 for two more working sets. After the squats I had TNG bench of 225x4 @9 then my back down sets (load drop of 7% again) so, 210x4 for two sets before my RPE changed to a 9. To help with scapula traction I hit face down pronated db military press for four sets of 10 and ended my workout with BFR/occlusion training on my biceps.

Saturday was even better lol

Weak stance block pulls (sumo)
365x3 @8 for a top set with how back downs
Conventional pause deadlifts
315x1 @8 for a top set no back downs
Incline bench press
175x8 @9 top set with 135 for a drop set of 10 pause benches
Lat pull down (1-3-2 tempo)
100 for four sets of 10
Occluded seated ham curls
70x20 +15+15+12 = 62 total reps in under 3 minutes

That was my training from the day after thanks giving until today!

Ending weight 144lb

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you are leaving money on the table. Fit man can cook dude has an agent and his recipes no one uses!
recipes no one uses?
he has a huge website , sells his own recipe book, and has his own application. and over 20,000 Twitter, YT, and IG followers. He has a huge backing.
http://fitmencook.com/

my cooking is mediocre and weak compared to most people online.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
recipes no one uses?
he has a huge website , sells his own recipe book, and has his own application. and over 20,000 Twitter, YT, and IG followers. He has a huge backing.
http://fitmencook.com/

my cooking is mediocre and weak compared to most people online.
Pretty website, People like to watch cooking shows. People don't like to cook. I could be wrong. His recipes are a bit too complex for the ordinary guy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pretty website, People like to watch cooking shows. People don't like to cook. I could be wrong. His recipes are a bit too complex for the ordinary guy.
People like simplicity
Some of the most famous protein recipes or regular recipes require the least amount of ingredients because as we know people are lazy

Pitch a recipe that has 6 ingredients vs 20 and 99% want the quicker approach

Just like anything in training or diet people want the "fast" approach

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I jacked myself up this past week. I through my back out doing deadlifts. It was stupid. I pulled 465 easy. I got excited wanted to go 6 quick reps at 405. I got sloppy didn't reset all the way, and my back sounded like fire crackers going off as it poppd from lower lumbar. I had to take it easy this Turkey Day. As much as I wanted to kill it with all those carbs I could not. I did a hotel pump workout with dumbbells.

Upper Body

Super Set Dual Curls / Front Raises / Kick Backs

35x20x4 / 35x12x4 / 35x12x4

Super Set Dumbbells Concentration Curls / NoseBusters / Shoulder Presses

30x20 / 30x30 / 30x30
35x18 / 35x30 / 35x30
40x12 / 40x15 / 40x20

Super Set Rear Delt Raises / Inside Curls / Tricep Extensions
30x15x3 / 30x15x3 / 50x20x3

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People like simplicity
Some of the most famous protein recipes or regular recipes require the least amount of ingredients because as we know people are lazy

Pitch a recipe that has 6 ingredients vs 20 and 99% want the quicker approach

Just like anything in training or diet people want the "fast" approach
I'd agree with that assessment.

Depends on the situation, though. There are times I don't mind going all out baking, but I also love having those few ingredient/few step fall-backs to use on a regular basis, too.

And I haven't really dabbled in anyone's recipes other than yours and Dylan's as far as protein recipes go, but I enjoy both very much.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd agree with that assessment.

Depends on the situation, though. There are times I don't mind going all out baking, but I also love having those few ingredient/few step fall-backs to use on a regular basis, too.

And I haven't really dabbled in anyone's recipes other than yours and Dylan's as far as protein recipes go, but I enjoy both very much.
Come
To the Arnold and you can try them first hand

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
everyone wins…

pm borobulker with link to your entry.

Send him your tshirt size as well.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome!! Way to go usplabs!

ForceOfNature

Awards
One question though guys. It's my first time winning so how do I link my entry?

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Click the post. Then the share button. Then copy. It will copy the link to the post.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449025494.882291.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1449025506.118673.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you! Very Generous !!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
USPlabsRep modern pre is kickass !!!! At 2.5 scoops i cant even focus . I love it at 2 scoops for my leg day !!! Surprisingly no leg cramping !

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
USPlabsRep modern pre is kickass !!!! At 2.5 scoops i cant even focus . I love it at 2 scoops for my leg day !!! Surprisingly no leg cramping !
i like how you read the directions on the product too :)

Do not exceed 2 scoops in any 24 hour period or use more than 5 days in any 7 day period.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
i like how you read the directions on the product too :)

Do not exceed 2 scoops in any 24 hour period or use more than 5 days in any 7 day period.
I did read it , im not your average bear . Shouts out usplabs thanks again guys !!!!

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
Lol not sure I understand the only use 5 out 7 days