USPlabs NEW PRE-WORKOUT!!! Don't Leave ANYTHING On The Bench! FULL BOTTLES 4 FREE!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
800x600_NewProduct_Banner.jpg

Believe me when I say it... With this next release, we're ALL IN.

USPlabs has always been a company that’s fueled by its athletes and testers. If it weren’t for your loyalty, we wouldn’t be here and we know it. That’s why we keep offering you at AnabolicMinds.com early access to new products!

In this thread you’ll find a multiple changes to win a FREE BOTTLE of USPlabs’ new Pre-Workout product; "XxxxxxXXX"!

When USPlabs launches a new Pre-Workout, you know it has to be something really special. We think "XxxxxxXXX" will rewrite the book on pre-workout supplementation, but we want to know what you think. We know that when you check out the STACKED ingredient panel and give "XxxxxxXXX" a try before your next workout— you'll be "all in", too.

After you try "XxxxxxXXX" we simply ask that you give us your honest opinion. Let the world know what you think and don’t forget to tag us in your online conversations using @USPlabs. The more you talk, the better! This is exactly why we keep coming back to AnabolicMinds.com and asking for your feedback.

So, now... How do you get a pre-release bottle? READ ON:::

800x600_WhatDoYouRep_Banner.jpg

Let's talk squat.
What’s your favorite squat variation and why?
What do you rep with it?
Where are you at now and what is your goal?

----------

You may enter as many times as you’d like; DAILY entries = MORE chances to win!

TWO (2) winners will be randomly selected on DAILY through 11/22/15! They will each receive a full USPlabs bottle of USPlabs' NEW Pre-Workout product!

(Winners will be announced in this thread. Winners must submit information within 5 days of selection. 18+ ONLY please. US Shipping Address’ Only. We are not responsible for packages that do not make it to their final destination. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.)

REF#AM15-BETA1

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Is this the same thing as the last beta test or something new? If it's something different I'd like to apply!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is this the same thing as the last beta test or something new? If it's something different I'd like to apply!
This is the same product as last weeks thread.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll play!
My fave squat is a standard high bar. I love standing underneath the bar with 400lbs on my shoulders and feeling like a boss.
I comfortably rep 315. Never gone above 10 as I don't want to get sloppy and lose form.
I'm at 420 now. I'd like to get 445 by the year end.

hqhrusty

Awards
My favorite is a front squat at 200 x 10 x 5 sets. I broke my back a couple years ago so I am slowly building up my weight bearing capabilities.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a front squatter. I should probably work on back squats more, but I deadlift at lift twice a week and figure I'm hitting the posterior enough with that. Front squats--275x8x4. I'd like to get to 315x8x4 by the end of January. I think it's do-able!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm always down for a yohimbe free USP preworkout... will this be replacing micro?
My squat of choice at the moment (due to lack of rack availability at the gym) is goblet squat...going 90lbs for 12 reps currently... Don't drop down to too low of reps.... going to get to 100x12 over the next few weeks.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low bar squat, making progress. Just hit 405 for 2. My ultimate goal is to squat 500, however long that takes me to reach. Always have been stronger in my upper body for some reason but im gonna keep hitting legs regardless.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Let's talk squat.

I have recently been developing my front squat form. Being a taller guy, I feel that the front squat is easier on my lower back, and I am able to stay upright easier in the movement. I like front squats because they are a real challenge, much harder than back squats IMO.

What do you rep with it?

Right now I am repping 245 for 6-8; but I my numbers have been increasing in the past few weeks by performing front squats more frequently.

My current max is 285. My overall goal is to be able to hit 315 by March. I think having a big front squat just looks badass, and I want my quads to grow!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In b4 this thread gets real interesting.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Odd as it may be, my favorite variation is a single leg squat -- be it with the bar or DBs.

I blew out a hamstring of all things playing slow pitch softball about 5 years ago and ever since, I've had a slight hip imbalance from how it healed up. What that does is leaves my weight being distributed unevenly across my legs when doing standard squats, deads, etc. I still do those, but to truly get the work I want, I go lighter and do solo leg work to make sure both quads and hammys get the attention they deserve.

What I rep depends on which variation, but either way -- not that much lol. I still do some work in the 4-6 rep range, but most of it is in the 12-15 variety when it comes to these. I usually just stick with the bar and a plate on each side; get some good stabilizer work in, too.

I actually don't have a number goal on this. For me everything has been about aesthetics and performance. I've dropped about 30 pounds over the past 2 and a half months and increased my endurance, as well. I'm getting to the lower bf% that I've desired and once I reach that ultimate leanness, I will SLOWLY start to add mass -- like a creep slow pace. Just to ensure that it's muscle being gained and not fat; I'm in no rush to gain it back. Gaining weight is easy for me. I've managed to maintain almost all my strength thus far and even increase it in some areas. I play flag football and pick-up basketball for fun, so in addition to my aesthetic goals, I just want to be able to dominate in either sport -- so looking at speed, agility, and vertical jump.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Variation:

Back Squat

Where are you at now:

315x10

[video=youtube;GED_s5wQsQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GED_s5wQsQ8[/video]

Goal:

315 x 20 or 405 x 10

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
Back Squat
300 for 15 reps
Gone up to 350 for 10 reps but not too often.

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Let's talk squat.
Low bar and goblet
What do you rep with it?
315x6 or 75db X 25
^^^Above. I'd love ultimately to hit 500 perhaps in the next year

Balthazar

Awards
my favorite variation right now is over head squat. i'm more of an o lifter and this lift really emphasizes over head confidence and keeping a tight center of balance which transfers over into the form of both the main lifts and their variations.

my best so far is 200x5, I would like to get 275 for 5 by this time next year.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
USPlabs NEW PRE-WORKOUT!!! Don't Leave ANYTHING On The Bench! FULL BOTTLES 4 ...

Box squat, sets of 405 at 6-8 reps. Seems to really hit my quads and (strangely) hamstrings.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Pause squat 415 for 3
Really burns the quads

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely sumo squat with my Safety Squat bar off a 12" box. I will usually rep at 245lbs (bar is 65lbs) for sets of 10-12. Would love to be stronger, but at almost 40...not so sure

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SSB Boxsquat to foam against chains and bands. Sometimes it's fun to forget the numbers and just do work

Best is 332+20 chain, 2 lights and a mini/side for a double.

500 w/ sleeves out of a monolift is best in raw comp - looking to walk out 515 in spring.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Favorite squat at the moment
have really been loving these, banded leg press , then reverse banded Hack squats- its great utilizing the bands two different ways. I like this best with leg press 12-20 rep range and hack squat 10-15[video=youtube;JAwzEyrds_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwzEyrds_I[/video]

Jenov

Awards
My favorite squat variation is probably a barbell back squat with my feet together. As I stand up, I focus on pushing my knees together in order to focus on the "sweep" of the quad.
Right now I do 4X12 of 130-150lbs, solely focusing on the contraction of the muscle by using a 2-1-2 pause scheme.
I'd love to get up to ~200lbs while keeping the same speed and form!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ive been doing rest pause 20rep squats. Rehabing a broken left heal and cant go heavy. Its working pretty good. 185 for sets of 20 at the moment. Not major # but good progress after my injuries.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Favorite squat at the moment
have really been loving these, banded leg press , then reverse banded Hack squats- its great utilizing the bands two different ways. I like this best with leg press 12-20 rep range and hack squat 10-15[video=youtube;JAwzEyrds_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAwzEyrds_I[/video]
It's been a long time since I did leg press, but adding bands to moves like that really changed the game. Thanks for the reminder.

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i did this for about 6 weeks. end of last year right before i got injured.

[video=youtube;8fulA0RGzDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fulA0RGzDU[/video]

It was TOUGH. Just the squats alone and than the hacks were killers. I got really strong though. but than i got injured... =/

But I plan on doing this again in the future when my i have enough confidence on my foot again.

I also LOVE front bb squats. I really do. Probably more than back squats.

hawaiianhulk

hawaiianhulk

Awards
Squat? That's the scariest exercise for me honestly.. Tore my gastronemeus a few years ago and my squats have not been the same.. Now I'm dealing with torn ligaments in my foot and ankle.. Great.. Haha.. But I do like th front squat and machine hack squats.. It's what helped me gained strength back in my injured areas..

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back squat but box squats are close because well, they're pretty much the same thing just not as low. Lol.
465×2 is the best I've done. Been having some knee issues of having a grinding with a crunching sound. Tore my cartilage again. No heavy squats for a while. :(

CJNator

Awards

High bar back squat and goblet squat. High bar back squat due to it being challenging depending on depth, core strength, and overall leg strength as the weight increases. Goblet squats because it puts a lot of emphasis on my core and quads.

What do you rep with it?
Ive been doing lower reps for back squats but today I hit 285x3 and ive hit 315x1 and 345x1 with a belt. For goblet squats ive done 100 for 10.

I will be trying 315 for 3 Friday but by the time im 200lbs( back to170 now) id like to hit 405x1 beltless. Ill be updating here Friday with a video of my squat.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
borobulker Did I read this wrong? Your post says 2 will be selected daily? Or are there only going to be 2 final winners on 11/22? Just wanted to be sure :)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Favorite Squat Variation:

Front Squats for sure

Rep weight: 275lbs hitting 8-10 reps always a decent intensity

Goal:

405 front squat before winters end. Its going to be quite the chase but thats all the more motivation to get after it!!!

Not an official entry btw, just keeping active with the hype lol

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I tend to stay around 275 for 12 or 315 for 9. I don't usually go much heavier anymore. I prefer 4 sets of 8 to 12. I was doing two sets of 10 two sets of 5 3 sets of 3 and 3 sets of 1. I hit a pr of 425 doing that rep scheme. I would rather go for a rep pr. I'd like to hit 365 for 10.

deuceswild72

Awards
  • Established
Nice deep back squats. Started powerlifting and hit a PR of 345 a couple weeks ago.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Split squats 80lb dbs for 12-15 each leg

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
borobulker Did I read this wrong? Your post says 2 will be selected daily? Or are there only going to be 2 final winners on 11/22? Just wanted to be sure :)
That's correct. From here on out winners will be announced daily, and it looks like you're in luck....

The winners for 11/17 are:

john.patterson
MidwestBeast

And for 11/18:

AE14
Hyde

Awesome guys! Thank you for your entries. Please PM me with your name, shipping address, and email address.

Let's keep it going now. Still plenty of chances to get in on the testing!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
That's correct. From here on out winners will be announced daily, and it looks like you're in luck....

john.patterson
MidwestBeast

And for 11/18:

AE14
Hyde

Awesome guys! Thank you for your entries. Please PM me with your name, shipping address, and email address.

Awesome! Thanks you! Congrats to the winners

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also obviously not entering again but just for fun my other favorite squat is probably body weight only Bulgarian Split Squat for 10-15 reps a leg for a couple sets before squatting or deadlifting to get some blood in my hips.

Pump comes on insanely fast and super efficient way to get the whole area warm safely. I even use it before bench often to help get into a better arch! Takes no time but delivers a huge pump and stretch.

Once I started doing that I noticed way less tweaks in training

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Mine just arrived, a day earlier than scheduled :) right as I was getting ready to work out! Taking her for a test run in t minus 15 minutes...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

john.patterson
MidwestBeast

And for 11/18:

AE14
Hyde

Thanks for the nod! Looking forward to seeing what it is :)

Your inbox is full :)

blokpost

blokpost

Awards
  • Established
I'm in.

My favorite squat variation is front squat. TBH I'm not big fan of squats - usually use different machines to train my legs. My max on squat was 330 lbs x 3 (Do it like 2-3 x month). Mainly do leg press (610 lbs x 6)