Nutriverse Giveaway! *Primeval Labs Super Osta*

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calling all dudes, bros, bulkers, dudettes, homies, mamas, and cutters/recompers! If I've forgot any of you - I apologize! ;)

As you've gathered from the title, the fine folks at Nutriverse have decided to giveaway (as in, free!) a bottle of Primeval Labs Super Osta! Check it out....

Super-Osta.png

Soooo.... some folks claim Osta to have healing benefits. I'll leave that topic of discussion alone for now, but let's see who really needs it. Share with us the worst physical injury you've sustained! Broken bones, spontaneous combustions, botched plastic surgery - you name it! One lucky AM'r will be chosen so please, regale us with tales of pain!

I'm out of the running but I'll share my worst injury. College.... early morning making pancakes. Roommate was packing up to go ice fishing when barefooted, i stubbed my toes into the blades of the ice auger laying on the kitchen floor. I nearly passed out looking at the wound.... think several layers of fish gills surrounded by raw stumps of beef. 36 stitches (12 of which were internal) later and im good! Sadly, I graduated college on crutches.... kept my toes tho!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
complete rotator and biceps detachment! last july I was operated on to completely re attach my bicep and rotator cuff tendons and muscles. On the one hand I have a better peak in my bicep now! on the other I still have limited range reaching back toward my shoulder as better the surgery, so I still can't grab a squat bar and had to readjust my training to fronts only. I hadn't been able to do over head presses in two years now i'm throwing up 165 or more depending on how cocky I am that day.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the summer I was going from 5th grade to 6th grade, I fractured my forearm. I was given a removable cast to help it heal. The doctor didn't want to put a hard cast on since it was the summer. Fast forward to a week later. My buddy and I were playing soccer. I did not have the cast on. He kicked the ball and I was playing goalie. I put the fractured arm up and the ball hit it. It actually shattered the bone. Needless to say that little injury turned into a bigger one due to my stupidity :D

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice promo Volvo :beerchug:

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to say "awesome, keep em coming!" but in the context of injuries I'll just say "better you than me!"

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I was a senior in high school (1976..Stop Laughing) I crashed a motorcycle into a bread truck,(no helmet) 4 weeks in a coma and a fracture skull later, it is now 2015 and I am normal (my wife might argue) I had amnesia and still don't remember it !!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rocket3015 - did u get back on the saddle and keep riding after that?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
In high school i was in the recruiting process with the colorado rockies as a pitcher, ended up snapping my coracoid bone in my shoulder throwing. the inner bicep head attaches to it in the joint, well that ended my baseball fun and allowed me to start lifting heavy since i don't have to worry about getting tight and i have been enjoying it ever since trying to build a great physique. Things happen for a reason lol

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Props to a lot of you guys for seeing the positives after injuries..... better bulges (hehe), staying loose, and in Rockets case - having an excuse for being forgetful!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've actually been very lucky to not have anything more serious happen to me over the years.

The worst one for me is one that's still presented problems going on 5 years after the fact. In Spring/Summer of 2010, I was playing slow-pitch softball on a team with a guy I knew from the gym (I'd just moved to this state about 5 months ago). I played baseball my whole life and actually played 2 summers of slow-pitch with some guys back in college/grad school before moving and surprisingly enjoyed it. Well, this team was like the Bad News Bears. First of all, it was a co-ed league, which I hadn't done before, but it was more about the fact that our team was just terrible lol. Not even so much that other teams were better, but we just made stupid mistakes to compound everything (mental errors).

I was playing first base and the shortstop (the guy I actually knew) made a horrible throw wide left (on the home plate side of the bag). I reached out for it and actually got it -- but at the expense of dropping down into the full splits. In high school I could do them; but I also stretched and trained for that and it was no issue. At this point in my life I did some light stretching, but hadn't done the splits in a couple years, at least. The field we played on was terrible. It was an all-dirt infield that might as well have been concrete with a dusting of dirt over top of it. Factor in I had to play in plastic cleats and yeah, my footing had just gone completely out, so that dropped me into the splits. It felt super tender, but I walked around for a bit and stretched and decided to stay in. We made another out and that was the end of it.

The following half-inning I come up to bat. I got way on top of it and grounded it hard right down the third baseline. Was pretty sure the third baseman had a chance to field it, so I was sprinting to beat it out. This is when everything felt like slow-motion. As my left foot touches, I both feel and hear a snap/pop from my left hamstring -- like a rubber band being stretched too far and snapping. I'm full speed, so there's no stopping, but in my head it's playing out at like 10x less speed. My right foot hits in stride, and then as my left leg had already moved forward and my left foot was touching down -- I just ATE IT. Face first into the dirt; total face plant. Being the idiot that I am, I actually crawled the last 6 or so feet to tag first so I was safe. Then I writhed around in pain for a few minutes and managed to hobble back to the dugout, then to my car (which took like 15 extra minutes -- no one helped me...seriously), then home.

It felt like a balled up rubber hand right up close to my glute and I had to lean far to the right because any pressure sitting down was painful. Didn't go to the hospital, but talked to my buddy's girlfriend (now fiance) who was finishing nursing school. After checking with her and doing my own reading up on things, it wasn't fully turn (no bruising). After some time, I slowly felt it less and thought I was over it. But because of that, I now have a mild imbalance in my hips that has also led to my left shoulder being rolled forward slightly.

So even though it wasn't torn, I'm dealing with the aftermath on a daily basis now in the form of not having a balanced base when doing any type of press work and it's especially noticeable in squats, as my right side goes deeper. Thus, I do a lot of isolation work these days and now 5 years stronger am barely back to the numbers I had back then. So that's depressing, but it is what it is and it could've been worse.

Honorable mention:

- getting HBP 17 times over the course of one summer in Legion baseball
- getting hit by a 90mph fastball in the shoulderblade (bruise left the seems in there lol)
- getting hit in the face by a deflected foul tip as I tried to lay down a suicide squeeze
- getting hit in the face countless times by a basketball like almost every other time I play lol
- having a strap break during heavy deadlifts (on the way up) and messing up my lower back

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
So worst physical injury. 5 years old minding my own business eating a lean cuisine for diner on the front porch of the babysitters house. I fall off the porch into the bushes and a branch goes through my cheek! So here I am with like half a tree in my face and what does the baby sitter do whilst waiting for the ambulance to come. Try and FEED me a doughnut to stop crying. A few hours of plastic surgery and I was all fixed up.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015 - did u get back on the saddle and keep riding after that?
My mother was always a person who looked on the bright side of things (I miss her very much) When I got out of the hospital after the accident, she looked at me and said "well at least you have learned your lessen and will stay away from motorcycles" my response was " Mom I am going out and buy the biggest fastest motorcycle I can find" two weeks later I came home with a Kawasaki ZR-1 900 with a bored and stroked to 1050cc !! My poor mother!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So worst physical injury. 5 years old minding my own business eating a lean cuisine for diner on the front porch of the babysitters house. I fall off the porch into the bushes and a branch goes through my cheek! So here I am with like half a tree in my face and what does the baby sitter do whilst waiting for the ambulance to come. Try and FEED me a doughnut to stop crying. A few hours of plastic surgery and I was all fixed up.
That's messed up.

Also, reminded me that I put tweezers in an electrical outlet as a child LOL.

...and that I tried to answer a wall-phone inside our garage after hopping out of the pool and still wet..and forgetting that the wall plates weren't covering some exposed wires, so I got a nice shock and thrown a handful of feet into the yard (I was about 14 that time).

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's messed up.

...and that I tried to answer a wall-phone inside our garage after hopping out of the pool and still wet..and forgetting that the wall plates weren't covering some exposed wires, so I got a nice shock and thrown a handful of feet into the yard (I was about 14 that time).
Those border upon natural selection ;)
Glad you're still with us!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those border upon natural selection ;)
Glad you're still with us!
May not have always been the brightest, but I've always been tough ;) lol

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
That's messed up.

that reminds me of a time in high school when I was bored in spanish and had a 5gum wrapper. I turned it so the foil was facing outwards and put one end in one side of the plug and pushed the other end in with my pencil. Needless to say that wrapper caught fire FAST. My friend in front of me screamed and knocked it out, but the teacher never acknowledged us. Only 4people saw it and they legit thought the school was going to burn down (and it probably would've as I just stared at it). Dumb decision for sure

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that reminds me of a time in high school when I was bored in spanish and had a 5gum wrapper. I turned it so the foil was facing outwards and put one end in one side of the plug and pushed the other end in with my pencil. Needless to say that wrapper caught fire FAST. My friend in front of me screamed and knocked it out, but the teacher never acknowledged us. Only 4people saw it and they legit thought the school was going to burn down (and it probably would've as I just stared at it). Dumb decision for sure
lol

When I was in high school, I tossed a left-over fast food sandwich into the microwave for dinner since my parents were gone and I didn't feel like making anything. Turned around to start getting a drink and turned back to see a ball of flames in there.

Yeah, it was an Arby's foil wrapper. Didn't even remotely cross my mind at the time.

I pulled that baby out and threw it straight into the sink.

Flame broiled ;)

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol

When I was in high school, I tossed a left-over fast food sandwich into the microwave for dinner since my parents were gone and I didn't feel like making anything. Turned around to start getting a drink and turned back to see a ball of flames in there.

Yeah, it was an Arby's foil wrapper. Didn't even remotely cross my mind at the time.

I pulled that baby out and threw it straight into the sink.

Flame broiled ;)
Ha!!! Ever put a CD in the microwave?
Its quite the display....

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha!!! Ever put a CD in the microwave?
Its quite the display....
lol haven't done that one, but I'd regularly enlarge marshmallows :afro:

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In high school i was in the recruiting process with the colorado rockies as a pitcher, ended up snapping my coracoid bone in my shoulder throwing. the inner bicep head attaches to it in the joint, well that ended my baseball fun and allowed me to start lifting heavy since i don't have to worry about getting tight and i have been enjoying it ever since trying to build a great physique. Things happen for a reason lol
Pitching can really mess with one's arm. WHen I pitched, it was a sidearm delivery. When I was 11 or 12, I actually messed up a ligament or something like that near my elbow because of the delivery. As soon as I threw the pitch, I knew something was off.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are 2 of my more painful injuries that i experienced over the years...

Age 15: Testicle Strangulation. Doctor said it could've occurred from riding and/or jumping my Dirt Bike.
My left testicle swelled up about the size of a baseball. One of the most painful things you ever want to experience.
Felt like someone kept kicking me in the nuts for almost 2 weeks. Couldnt even walk without excruciating pain.

Age 20: Tore my left rotator cuff doing way too much weight on the fly press. I had the stop set too far back and
when I gave out, my left arm ripped back way to fast and way to hard. Took me out of the gym for quite some time.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pitching can really mess with one's arm. WHen I pitched, it was a sidearm delivery. When I was 11 or 12, I actually messed up a ligament or something like that near my elbow because of the delivery. As soon as I threw the pitch, I knew something was off.
Ugh. I got suckered into pitching from about age 10-15. All happened because our team was short and the coach's brother (my previous little league coach) for some odd reason told him I could. I was okay, but I hated it (and there were certainly better pitchers). Between that and everything else, I managed to get tennis elbow and couldn't even play in HS without dropping about 5-6 ibuprofens prior to the game (which in hindsight was horrible, but I had no idea I was doing anything bad at the time). Also managed to get a case of the yips for a while where I'd airmail the ball on infield toss arounds after strikeouts (more mental, but the tennis elbow thing didn't help matters).

Age 15: Testicle Strangulation. Doctor said it could've occurred from riding and/or jumping my Dirt Bike.
My left testicle swelled up about the size of a baseball. One of the most painful things you ever want to experience.
Felt like someone kept kicking me in the nuts for almost 2 weeks. Couldnt even walk without excruciating pain.
That sounds awful, man. Never had anything near that bad, but it did remind me of another fun baseball story.

I was a junior in HS and it was the day the roster was posted for varsity -- I found out I made the team late that afternoon. We had a special evening practice/celebration several hours after school was out, so everyone went home and then came back. I generally played first base 90%+ of the time. I stopped wearing a cup a few years ago unless I was specifically catching. Well, it was still expected that all players wore a cup. So when I was asked, of course I said yes (I wasn't getting in trouble the first day of making the team). I got pulled to catch a warm-up session for our hardest throwing pitcher. It was winter, so we weren't outside in Illinois; we had an in-door practice in the gym. They used those partially foam balls down on the hardwood (the ones that aren't hardballs, but they're just as heavy and not soft by any means), but the pitchers still used regular balls up in the balconies where the bleachers were pulled back in and it was a concrete floor.

So dude is pitching off of an elevated mound (which was like a giant baggo/corn-hole board/bike ramp lol) and I'm catching him. If I remember correctly I only had on the mask; I don't think I even had shin guards or the chest protector on (but I could be wrong). Anyway, a ways in, he absolutely launches a high fastball. I stand and extend my arm to catch it, but I can't get there in time. Somehow, the trajectory was such that it hit the (concrete block) wall behind me, bounced down and went straight up into my balls from underneath me. Even if I had been wearing a cup, it would have hit from behind/underneath and drove that bottom edge up into me -- it may have helped, but not a whole lot. My eyes started to tear up and I almost ralphed right there. Coach was like "You okay?" and I gave a subtle nod and a thumbs up. Spent the rest of practice trying not to cry or puke. He threw low 90's.

I ended up going to a party in a small town 15 minutes away with some other friends after practice. Sat on an icepack the whole drive there and at the party -- icing my balls.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are 2 of my more painful injuries that i experienced over the years...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhoooooowwwwwwwww!!!!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More injuries folks! No pain no gainzzz!

I didn't realize the AM community were coddled, lazy, soft men and women who didn't put themselves out there for injury! ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got my finger caught in a pair of electric lawn shears once..........Hurt Bad!!

justiceTX

justiceTX

Awards
  • Established
About 11 years ago I was out on the lake fishing with my dad. Been a pretty slow morning, not catching much. So We pulled off the lake and got a late breakfast. I had two bacon and egg tacos and one egg and brisket taco. After eating we decided to out back out and try our luck again. About a 20 min boat ride we get to our spot. I am throwing a blue and chrome rattle trap, which has two treble hooks attached. First cast out to a few sticks slightly out of the water. Bring the lure across the little brush pile and I get hung up. No big deal has happened a 100 times. So I am flicking my rod tip up and down, but still can't get it loose. So finally I pull back straight and the lure comes loose and is blazing a trail so fast I don't see it until it hits me in the face. I am not talking about my lip or my cheek. It struck me and stuck in my left eye. I drop to my knees and reach up and feel the lure dangling from my eye. I will never forget my dads face when i looked up at him. One side of the treble hook entered my lower eyelid and curved up into the middle of my eyeball. So my dad calls 911 and has a ambulance meet us at the boat ramp. Longest 20 min boat ride of my life. So we get into the ambulance and they are all looking at each other like WTF should we do. I knew that couldn't be good. So they take me to small ER and the doctor shows up and says "I can't take that out" so back on the ambulance and at this point I break down. I figure I am gonna lose my eye. So we make it to a bigger ER and there is a team of doctors waiting. They take me into the surgery room. I am thinking knock me out and get this out my eye. The first question they ask was " when was the last time you ate?" Son of a b$*ch. Well I ate like 1hr15 mins ago. Well I ate to much so they didn't want to put me under. Fear of me vomiting. So I lay down. They give me 4 shots around the eye and 4 shots IN MY EYEBALL. after about 10 mins they go to work and all I see is hands working. They wrap a blanket around me and the nurses hold it down so I don't move. A hour later and I swear a few different pliers later they get the hook out and give me 3 stitches below my eye. My entire eye is full of blood and remains that way for several weeks. Gods grace I didn't lose my vision and I don't have any vision problems. Everything healed. So now when I fish I wear sunglasses.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read that and my jaw dropped. That's horrifying, man. Very glad you still have your sight.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't want the product im to young for sarms. But ill share. Last football season against our rival team u tackled a kid so hard that i tore my labarum broke my collar bone and gave myself a concussion. He got knocked out cold paramedics came and took him to the hospital and he apparently (found out from the newspaper) fractured his skull broke his collar bone had a stage 3 ac joint separation and obviously had a concussion

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Yea i believe that's the ulnar collateral if i remember correctly commonly known as tommy john surgery. The shoulder isn't really meant to throw overhand the way its built.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
justiceTX I can't imagine how frightening that must have been!!!

I might've freaked out and made things far worse for myself and anyone around

How old were you when this happened?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh lord, I can't imagine a treble hook in the eye. Yikes! Glad you still have your vision!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh lord, I can't imagine a treble hook in the eye. Yikes! Glad you still have your vision!
Its terrifying! I've had dreams where I've looked down at my hands and they peppered with fish hooks... :::shudders::::

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its terrifying! I've had dreams where I've looked down at my hands and they peppered with fish hooks... :::shudders::::
When i was about 5 or 6 i got a treble hook stuck in my hand with 2 of the 3 hooks.. ouch..

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't want the product im to young for sarms. But ill share. Last football season against our rival team u tackled a kid so hard that i tore my labarum broke my collar bone and gave myself a concussion. He got knocked out cold paramedics came and took him to the hospital and he apparently (found out from the newspaper) fractured his skull broke his collar bone had a stage 3 ac joint separation and obviously had a concussion
Sounds like.a cartoon.... both u guys got your bell rung!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like.a cartoon.... both u guys got your bell rung!
Haha ya it was like a cartoon. Its was kinda funny. It was on kick off and i was trying to prove i belonged on varsity(i was a sophomore under multiple seniors) so i targeted the "best" player they had. Even though i got injured as well i like to think i won. Hahaha

Dom_pizz

Dom_pizz

Awards
Almost 2 years ago now, I was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. Had to part ways with my left testicle. After surgery, I had to do a short run of chemotherapy. Lost not only my hair but a good bit of muscle. Sense then I've gained most of my muscle back and looking to keep going. Hope to be cancer free from now on.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was 8 and went skiing with my father. I used to be very aggressive and talented at a young age and would conquer the black diamond slopes with my father, usually quicker than him and fearless. One time we were coming down the slope and i was trying to race my dad to the chair lift. The lines for the chair lifts were formed with thick braided yellow poly ropes. I skiied right into one of the ropes, it caught my chin and neck, sliced open my chin and clothes lined me onto my back. I was taken out by emt's on a stretcher-sled, blood all over the snow.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Years back in the summer I was on my last set in an old school, no air conditioning, rusty equipment, sweat box of a gym (what a beauty lol)...but I digress....As I'm about to rack the final dumbbell to its home, my back slips.

Somehow I managed to place my finger between the dumbbell and the rusty rack lip, making for a nice finger sandwich.

The impact of the weight first shattered the bone from the lower joint down, then the lip of the weight rack proceeded to slice through my finger.

So there I am, lower finger dangling by a thin piece of skin that managed to escape the wrath of the 80lb dumbbell.

I knew instantly, before even seeing my finger that it was about to be a bad day. The pain was tolerable at first (likely due to adrenalin) but immediately blood started spraying with each heartbeat (after all I just finished a heart pumping good set).

With no water in sight, and rags so dirty I'd rather burn them than use to even wipe the sweat from my brow, I reach for what seems to be a beacon of hope...a lone box of cottonelle Kleenex. I instantly wrap the finger in a handful of Kleenex hastily withdrawn from the box, not knowing this would be the worst decision EVER.

You see, Kleenex dissolves, and what doesn't dissolve gets hard and sticks to anything that was moist (I.e. Blood and flesh).

Later on, the paramedics insisted they see the wound (who woulda thought). This wouldn't have been so bad except now I have dried Kleenex stuck to my finger bits and they wanna rip it off to take a looksie!

The pain from the injury was bad, but the removal of the Kleenex and subsequent cleaning of the wound...lets just say I needed to be restrained lol.

Long story short and $15k in medical bills later, a genius of a surgeon put me back together with just a scar and some missing bone bits to remind me.

Hope u enjoyed this...I know I didn't lol

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
ok I'll give my story.

Military....had a c141 stuck in ice in a certain location. Had to go get it unstuck with a de-icer. Had to use some little local fire dept to help cause we were out in nowhere. I was up about 20 feet over one wing with a large hose waiting for a dude on the grouind to turn the liquid de-icer on. Nothing was coming out. I looked down and saw most of the hose still coiled up on the ground and yelled at the dude to unravel it. Instead....to unravel it....he turned all the pressure up.
I heard the hose gurgling and looked down just in time to see the last kink come out of the hose. I tried to throw the hose away from me but the pressure hit just then and it jerked up under my right arm, picked me up off my platform and slammed me 20 feet down onto an ice covered runway on my left side.
The bones in my left arm were completely shattered and my left femur was broken in two places.
12 hours in surgery they pieced my arm back together and screwed my femur back together. They said I'd never be able to bend my arm again. I said f that, and started working it. While I have lost some extension and flexion in that arm I have it to where it can hold/lift as much weight as the right again. They had to attach the muscles back a bit differently so it looks a bit different than the right but it still has a good bicep bulge.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ok I'll give my story.

Military....had a c141 stuck in ice in a certain location. Had to go get it unstuck with a de-icer. Had to use some little local fire dept to help cause we were out in nowhere. I was up about 20 feet over one wing with a large hose waiting for a dude on the grouind to turn the liquid de-icer on. Nothing was coming out. I looked down and saw most of the hose still coiled up on the ground and yelled at the dude to unravel it. Instead....to unravel it....he turned all the pressure up.
I heard the hose gurgling and looked down just in time to see the last kink come out of the hose. I tried to throw the hose away from me but the pressure hit just then and it jerked up under my right arm, picked me up off my platform and slammed me 20 feet down onto an ice covered runway on my left side.
The bones in my left arm were completely shattered and my left femur was broken in two places.
12 hours in surgery they pieced my arm back together and screwed my femur back together. They said I'd never be able to bend my arm again. I said f that, and started working it. While I have lost some extension and flexion in that arm I have it to where it can hold/lift as much weight as the right again. They had to attach the muscles back a bit differently so it looks a bit different than the right but it still has a good bicep bulge.
Dam dude. Thats wild. Sounds like a winning story if i ever heard one.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Years back in the summer I was on my last set in an old school, no air conditioning, rusty equipment, sweat box of a gym (what a beauty lol)...but I digress....As I'm about to rack the final dumbbell to its home, my back slips.

Somehow I managed to place my finger between the dumbbell and the rusty rack lip, making for a nice finger sandwich.

The impact of the weight first shattered the bone from the lower joint down, then the lip of the weight rack proceeded to slice through my finger.

So there I am, lower finger dangling by a thin piece of skin that managed to escape the wrath of the 80lb dumbbell.

I knew instantly, before even seeing my finger that it was about to be a bad day. The pain was tolerable at first (likely due to adrenalin) but immediately blood started spraying with each heartbeat (after all I just finished a heart pumping good set).

With no water in sight, and rags so dirty I'd rather burn them than use to even wipe the sweat from my brow, I reach for what seems to be a beacon of hope...a lone box of cottonelle Kleenex. I instantly wrap the finger in a handful of Kleenex hastily withdrawn from the box, not knowing this would be the worst decision EVER.

You see, Kleenex dissolves, and what doesn't dissolve gets hard and sticks to anything that was moist (I.e. Blood and flesh).

Later on, the paramedics insisted they see the wound (who woulda thought). This wouldn't have been so bad except now I have dried Kleenex stuck to my finger bits and they wanna rip it off to take a looksie!

The pain from the injury was bad, but the removal of the Kleenex and subsequent cleaning of the wound...lets just say I needed to be restrained lol.

Long story short and $15k in medical bills later, a genius of a surgeon put me back together with just a scar and some missing bone bits to remind me.

Hope u enjoyed this...I know I didn't lol
Oooo man this is a good one too. Op has some tough decisions!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah fellas loving the stories so far.... makes me appreciate good health!

Gonna let this roll for a few more days and let the weekend crew chime in!

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saw a.coworker Bonk his noggin pulling on a rock bar today.... thought about y'all <3 xoxoxo :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last year. Meat grinder attacked me. I was able to fight it off but not before it did some damage.

14318709730110.jpg

14318709815891.jpg

14318721725003.jpg

14318721630382.jpg

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lukehayd - looking at that first photo - coulda been worse!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, it could have. No doubt! I have no doubt though, that God was watching out for me. Had to wait 3 days before surgery. Middle finger has a little movement past the last joint but not much. I now have 2 fingernails on my pointer finger as well.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks to everyone who's shared their stories, I'm wrapping this thing up in 24 hours. Winner will be announced here....