FREE STRONG & SHREDDED STACKS! -> OxyELITE Pro AF + C20!

Page 4 of 10 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

1. Focus on your goals. Once you are in the gym, nothing else matters

2. For me, lower carbs really seem to lean me up.

3. Refeeds/cheat meals. Dieting would have been a terrible process if I didn't have a little freedom for a meal here and there
    Justin
    Instagram: justin_ohara9
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/231863-joh408s-longterm-quest.html

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    I can't help but feel somewhat slightly responsible for this thread derail...whoopsi, sorry...
    haha, it was needed
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Wow....this thread has taken a wild turn since last pop in lol.

Who's trying to get strong and shredded?!?!?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

This guy ha. Todays tips:
    1. Don't change things just to change. If it works, stick with it.
    2. Change when you stagnate. If you're not seeing the results, something's not working.
    3. Customize! At the end of the day, all of your training, dieting, etc is for and about you so make it truly yours. No two people are alike.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

MEEEEEE!!!!!
    Where it all started

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/217572-one-can-never.html
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.1%

Count me in. Waiting until tomorrow when the winners are announced.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    How so! I only answer threds where i have a true opinion.
    meant T-Bone, i was just making a sarcastic comment tho hah!
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Count me in. Waiting until tomorrow when the winners are announced.
    me too, and with that

1. HIIT cardio
    2. carb and sodium manipulation
    3. for strength lifting 80%+ of 1RM
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    me too, and with that

1. HIIT cardio
    Man I find that sodium manipulation can cause me some serious gi problems... But seems to really lean me out ha
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

me too, and with that

1. HIIT cardio
    Why would one cutting need to manipulate sodium and water?
    You should always be drinking lots of water and intaking high amounts of sodium unless you are on peak week...

That really does not make any sense.... Sodium is very necessary for many bodily functions, cutting it or manipulating it could cause disaster, same with water... again if you were 3-4 days out that is a different story.

1. Protien at least 1-1.5g/lb, Fats at least 20%, Carbs fill in remainder
    2. Cardio should be kept to as little as possible while still losing weight on the highest amount of calories (metabolism reasoning)
    3. DO not drop fat to deadly low levels for long periods of time , bad side effects on hormone and testosterone levels.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.1%

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    You should always be drinking lots of water and intaking high amounts of sodium unless you are on peak week...

That really does not make any sense.... Sodium is very necessary for many bodily functions, cutting it or manipulating it could cause disaster, same with water... again if you were 3-4 days out that is a different story.

2. Cardio should be kept to as little as possible while still losing weight on the highest amount of calories (metabolism reasoning)
    3. DO not drop fat to deadly low levels for long periods of time , bad side effects on hormone and testosterone levels.
    Yeah, I heard on one of Layne's videos about the dangers of going too low on sodium and how it can actually be counterproductive.

Good to know on #3, though I don't think I'll have that problem.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

Yeah, I heard on one of Layne's videos about the dangers of going too low on sodium and how it can actually be counterproductive.

Good to know on #3, though I don't think I'll have that problem.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layn...er-sodium.html
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

ok bob
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

ok bob

Besides trolling the nutrition section on bb.com will lead you to believing that.. lol Those people are morons and a waste of your time.

"Your sodium balance affects both fluid and blood volume. Why does that matter? Well, aren't we after a harder and tighter look that depends on both fluid and blood volume? Like the water ratio we mentioned above, the body holds on to its normal range of sodium very strictly.

Your kidneys will either increase or decrease their sodium output depending on your intake. A Harvard study done by Rogacz showed what happens when sodium is restricted over the course of six days.(2) For those who always scream that research studies don't apply to bodybuilders, six days is the typical amount of time that athletes manipulate their intake for a contest or event.

In the Rogacz study, sodium intake was eliminated, but the sodium in the subject's blood stayed the same. By the sixth day, the body had nearly stopped getting rid of sodium. What does this mean? All the sodium manipulations that you did the previous week did nothing! All it did was raise the hormone aldosterone, which causes increased water retention and re-absorption of sodium."

"In the body’s natural state we actually hold MORE water inside our cells than outside our cells (subcutaneous water). It is when you screw with things that you start getting problems. People seem to have the notion that cutting water and sodium will allow them to shed all their subcutaneous water. There are a few problems with this:

1) You won't just lose water from the subcutaneous area, you will also lose it out of the muscle tissue, and you will most likely lose MORE from the muscle than from the subcutaneous layer as the body will attempt to maintain the water balance between the inside & outside of the cell.

2) You will flatten yourself out big time. The only reason a carb load works is because the increased glycogen causes your cells to store more water. All you have really done is flatten yourself out, you haven't changed the ratio of intracellular/extracellular water at all.
    I know what you are thinking "but Layne, at my last show a judge said I needed to be drier" or "everyone tells me I just need to lose the water." Well I'm not here to make you feel better about yourself; I'm here to help you do better at your next show. And the truth is that people are telling you that you are 'holding water' because they don't want to hurt your feelings. The fact of the matter is that you weren't 'holding water' you just weren't lean enough.

Look at some of the people that I and Dr. Joe Klemczewski have worked with like Ben Goins, Steve Sims, Joe Franco, Dave Goodin, Kent Julius, John Harris, etc. They are 'drier' than 99.99% of people who compete ever will be. No water manipulation, very little sodium manipulation. How can they look so dry when they haven't changed a thing from their normal diet? What is their secret. Well read very closely because I'm only going to tell you the secret once.
    "
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.53%

Anyone else? Winners will be chosen tomorrow!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

Besides trolling the nutrition section on bb.com will lead you to believing that.. lol Those people are morons and a waste of your time.

"Your sodium balance affects both fluid and blood volume. Why does that matter? Well, aren't we after a harder and tighter look that depends on both fluid and blood volume? Like the water ratio we mentioned above, the body holds on to its normal range of sodium very strictly.

Your kidneys will either increase or decrease their sodium output depending on your intake. A Harvard study done by Rogacz showed what happens when sodium is restricted over the course of six days.(2) For those who always scream that research studies don't apply to bodybuilders, six days is the typical amount of time that athletes manipulate their intake for a contest or event.

In the Rogacz study, sodium intake was eliminated, but the sodium in the subject's blood stayed the same. By the sixth day, the body had nearly stopped getting rid of sodium. What does this mean? All the sodium manipulations that you did the previous week did nothing! All it did was raise the hormone aldosterone, which causes increased water retention and re-absorption of sodium."

"In the body’s natural state we actually hold MORE water inside our cells than outside our cells (subcutaneous water). It is when you screw with things that you start getting problems. People seem to have the notion that cutting water and sodium will allow them to shed all their subcutaneous water. There are a few problems with this:

1) You won't just lose water from the subcutaneous area, you will also lose it out of the muscle tissue, and you will most likely lose MORE from the muscle than from the subcutaneous layer as the body will attempt to maintain the water balance between the inside & outside of the cell.

2) You will flatten yourself out big time. The only reason a carb load works is because the increased glycogen causes your cells to store more water. All you have really done is flatten yourself out, you haven't changed the ratio of intracellular/extracellular water at all.
    I know what you are thinking "but Layne, at my last show a judge said I needed to be drier" or "everyone tells me I just need to lose the water." Well I'm not here to make you feel better about yourself; I'm here to help you do better at your next show. And the truth is that people are telling you that you are 'holding water' because they don't want to hurt your feelings. The fact of the matter is that you weren't 'holding water' you just weren't lean enough.

Look at some of the people that I and Dr. Joe Klemczewski have worked with like Ben Goins, Steve Sims, Joe Franco, Dave Goodin, Kent Julius, John Harris, etc. They are 'drier' than 99.99% of people who compete ever will be. No water manipulation, very little sodium manipulation. How can they look so dry when they haven't changed a thing from their normal diet? What is their secret. Well read very closely because I'm only going to tell you the secret once.
    "
    ya i troll....? notsureifsrs
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Anyone else? Winners will be chosen tomorrow!
    Hi Cass
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.53%

Dude you totally left me hanging... WHAT'S THE SECRET??
    Where it all started

19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.53%

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Hi Cass
    Evening! Man, I've been out of the loop this week. Time to catch up!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.61%

Strong and Shredded tips:

1} Volume
    2} Deads/Squats, High rep sets
    3} HIIT
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.44%

Few more tips:

1) Dont negate sodium or potassium ever in your diet, this can lead to an imbalance, cramps , and vicious side effects
    2) Dont make Very fast caloric cuts or increases in cardio, this would crash metabolism and set you up for future stalls and faster.
    3) Use the mirror #1 and scale #2. The mirror shows more progress and results than a number on a scale ever will.
    Good point bro..
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.44%

Yep the page did take a slight turn.. But it's all good.. I've seen a lot of great entries here.. Gonna be a tough one.. All in all, of you all can't fit your shirts, ill take em.. I'm not a Xxl anymore... More of a husky XL.. Smh.. Hahahah.. But on the real, I've read a lot of great advice towards fitness and nutrition.. Cassie, and bill good luck on this one.. Haha
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Final day entry... crossing my fingers it'll be a lucky Friday the thirteenth!

1. If you have to pick between diet and exercise, pick diet!
    2. Don't be afraid to keep reasonably heavy compound moves in your routine even deep into a cut.
    3. Find things that take your mind off the tough times. Another hobby, a good friend, a movie, etc. Keep you mind fresh.
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

ya i troll....? notsureifsrs
    Way to really answer the question and totally go around it when proven wrong on sodium/water

1) Add supplements as the very last step in a cutting diet
    2) Even if you stall on the scale during the week dont make changes if the mirror looks leaner
    3) Refer to higher volume foods as the cut prolongs for satiety sake.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post

Evening! Man, I've been out of the loop this week. Time to catch up!
    When in doubt, rep it out
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.53%

Okay, no screwing around. You really want to know how to be STRONG and SHREDDED? Here it is:

1. Eat your spinach (just look at Popeye)
    2. Bench press locomotives (Mr. Incredible)
    3. Hold your sword high in the sky and yell, "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!" or, "thundercats, THUNDERcats, THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOO!" (depending on the sword)
    Where it all started

27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.9%

1) Use visualization. Spend time each night before falling asleep visualizing how you want your body to look. Also, when you wake up in the morning visualize yourself successfully going through your day. This includes you hitting all your lifts in the gym.
    2) Consider using bands and chains. These can be extremely effective tools for strength building when utilized properly.
    3) Avoid micronutrient deficient food. Instead opt for natural foods high in micronutrients. Of course you ought to be paying attention to your relative macronutrient values, but also be aware of your micronutrient intake!
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

Way to really answer the question and totally go around it when proven wrong on sodium/water

1) Add supplements as the very last step in a cutting diet
    2) Even if you stall on the scale during the week dont make changes if the mirror looks leaner
    3) Refer to higher volume foods as the cut prolongs for satiety sake.
    i didnt even read what you posted because you took it way to seriously and had no pont of reference to what i even meant

1. have a refeed day is weight loss has plateaued
    2. HIIT cardio
    3. for the sake of sanity eat foods you enjoy
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.46%

One last set:

1.) track your progress ( pics better than scales ) often we don't appreciate how much progress we've made and get discouraged

2.) Be flexible in your schedule when needed. In both diet and training what you can do and how you should eat change change constantly.

3.) Set clear and attainable goals. I'd rather set a reasonable goal then crush it. Then fall short on a ridiculous dream.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.1%

One more entry for Friday:

1. Focus solely on your progress and your goals. Do not let the image and/or success of others discourage you or through you off track. Compare yourself to yourself! There will only ever be one you!!

2. Do not put yourself under more duress, stress than needed. If you've a trying and stressful day, sometimes it is best to skip the workout or to simply do some minimal work. In short, sometimes it rains s--t, and the day doesn't go as planned. Don't fight it, just plan for tomorrow.

3. Have fun! (Might be cliched but I feel it is true.) This is your health and your journey. Enjoy all the ups and downs and when you reach your goal, it'll be so much sweeter.
  31. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

i didnt even read what you posted because you took it way to seriously and had no pont of reference to what i even meant
    Thats because the point you made is invalid hence why you did not bother to read it. No one should ever worry about sodium/water unless they are in peak week which for 95% of us on here will not ever happen, and it wont aid in being strong.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.19%

Thats because the point you made is invalid hence why you did not bother to read it. No one should ever worry about sodium/water unless they are in peak week which for 95% of us on here will not ever happen, and it wont aid in being strong.
    ok bob
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  33. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

Final 3

1) Dont Cut Water or Manipulate Sodium it can have vicious health effects that will cause you to lose your pump, vascularity and also effect on hormones over prolonged periods of time
    2) Dont cut your fat too short, this will harm your hormones and testosterone levels which has shown some people having to get on therapy for the rest of their life due to this
    3) Doing excessive cardio can lead to slowing your metabolism which in the end will only hurt you and cause you to stall faster.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.1%

Final 3

2) Dont cut your fat too short, this will harm your hormones and testosterone levels which has shown some people having to get on therapy for the rest of their life due to this
    Wow! I did not know this. Again, not that I'd have to worry since I'm not a competitor or anything of the like, but still good to know just the same. That's crazy that it can hamper you for the rest of your life. Dicey!
  35. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

Wow! I did not know this. Again, not that I'd have to worry since I'm not a competitor or anything of the like, but still good to know just the same. That's crazy that it can hamper you for the rest of your life. Dicey!
    When test levels get too low for too long it could cause the individual to start Hormone Replacement Therapy.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Keep em rolling in good stuff in here!
    Independent
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.44%

Tick tock tick tock..
  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.5%

Tip 1/2/3

Wear this shirt
    Train Hard
    Get Alpha

39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Winners coming soon!!!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Oh the anticipation
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/260003-operation-abomination-getting.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 06:49 PM
  2. OxyElite Pro Stacking Question
    By hoop456 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. OxyElite Pro and TT-33 Stack
    By brokestock in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 01:36 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
  5. For Sale: OxyElite Pro Free USPS shipping (Fat Loss)
    By Psychabinol in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 10:57 PM