PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) FACEBOOK THREAD!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Hello all! Hope you are all awesome!

The point of this thread is to bring straight to AM everything that is posted on our FB page that you all might find helpful to your physique transformation goals. As the manager of the PNI FB page I try to not simply "promote product," but also educate, teach and inspire. I do this through posting weekly training and/or dieting tips, interesting fitness-related facts, which I call "Did You Know," as well as motivational quotes taken from my new book, "Winning Within." In addition, I also occasionally answer questions posed to me on our FB page with a "video response" rather than a written one, and thus will also begin posting links to those as well.

I will not be using this thread to "promote or market" PNI products in the traditional sense, but of course would be happy to answer anyone's questions if there is a need.

Basically, this thread is just here to provide members/consumers with some useful and fun info. We at PNI appreciate your support and wish to do all we can to assist you on your journey!

Enjoy,

Eric Broser

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**COACH BROSER'S DID YOU KNOW?**

-That popcorn contains more fiber per ounce than brown rice or whole wheat bread.
-That research shows that 1000 mg of vitamin C per day can reduce feelings of anger, depression and anxiety.
-That studies prove that creatine supplementation reduces arterial stiffness and negative blood pressure responses to weight training

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**INSPIRATION WITH COACH BROSER & PNI**

"Talk is one thing, DOING IT is another. This is your LIFE. Do you want to watch from the cheap seats OR GET IN THE GAME?" -ERB

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**COACH BROSER/PNI PRESENT COOL INFO**

Q. I really need to build my upper chest. What angle do you feel is best when working the pecs with incline presses or flyes?

A. If you are a regular reader of my columns, articles, and/or Facebook posts, you will most certainly know that I am an advocate of varying the grips and angles of almost every movement in order to stimulate differing groups of muscle fibers/motor unit
pools. In the gym we have such potential to work through so many planes of motion, so I do not see why more trainees do not take advantage of this -- if for no other reason but to make training more interesting! Also, you must remember just how amazingly proficient the body is at adapting to any form of stress, so the more you keep the muscles and CNS “off balance” with different techniques, exercises, rep tempos, and angles, the better chance you will have of progressing your physique on continuous basis.

With that said, I do not feel there is any one best angle for hitting the upper chest, and thus everyone should vary the angles utilized from workout to workout, exercise to exercise, or even set to set in some cases. For example, in a chest workout where I plan to do a BB incline press, as well as an incline flye, I might do the presses at a 60 degree angle and the flyes at a 30 degree angle -- or vice versa. At other times I may do my presses or flyes for three sets at three distinct angles, such as 60, 45, and 30 degrees, or something even more radical like 75, 45, and 15. If I am more focused on one particular movement, like say incline DB presses, I will often use it at several consecutive chest workouts, but at a unique angle each time.

If you want a great workout for bombing the upper pectorals, here is one that I find to be particularly effective:

1-BB Incline Press (45 degree angle)…3 x 4-6
2-Incline DB Flye (set 1 at 60 degrees; set 2 at 45 degrees; set 3 at 30 degrees)…3 x 7-9
3-Smith Bench Press to Neck…2 x 10-12
4-Low Cable Crossover…2 x 13-15

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Guys/Gals,

Eric is a true guru when it comes to nutrition and training. This is VERY valuable information so definitely check it out.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**COACH BROSER'S DID YOU KNOW?**

-That a Harvard study shows that one of the many benefits of fish oils is to cut the risk of gum disease.
-That blocking Myostatin helps increase fat breakdown/use and activates genes controlling brown fat activity. (Note: creatine has been shown to help decrease Myostatin!)
-That eating broccoli with spicy foods enhances absorption of its main cancer-fighting component, sulforaphane.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If thats him in the avi then I'll listen to him. Gotta get pecs like that.

Subbed to the PNI page. Dropping 2 scoops Prodigy in about.... 2 minutes.

-OS-Team AppNut

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
If thats him in the avi then I'll listen to him. Gotta get pecs like that.

Subbed to the PNI page. Dropping 2 scoops Prodigy in about.... 2 minutes.

-OS-Team AppNut
That is me brother!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
in for learning.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Thanks guys. You are appreciated. I have a Q and A thread in our PNI section, but feel free to ask me questions in thread as well.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**COACH BROSER AND PNI PRESENT COOL INFO**

BETTER BENCHING

Ahhhh, the bench press. Perhaps the most beloved and utilized exercise known to man. What’s the first question often asked to a bodybuilder? “How much can you bench,” of course! Seems pretty simple, huh? Just lie down, unrack the bar, bring it down to your chest, and push it back up. Do that week after week and lift progressively heavier, and BAMN…massive pecs, right? Wrong! The bench press can be an excellent builder of chest mass, however, the way it is most often performed it ends up taxing the front delts and tris far more than the pectorals. I hear it all the time…“I don’t understand man. I can bench 365 and my chest is still small! Every time I bench the only thing that ends up sore are my tris and front delts!” If that describes you as well, do not fear my friend…some slight adjustments in form and body positioning and the bench press will swell your pecs to “Colemanesque” proportions! Here is what you need to do before you even unrack the barbell:

-lie down on the bench and set your feet firmly on the floor
-arch your lower back slightly
-raise your ribcage up high
-squeeze the scapula together
-pull your shoulders downward

Now you are in the correct position to achieve maximum pectoral recruitment with far less tricep and delt interference. The key is to keep your body in this position throughout the set. It is not enough to simply start this way. Learn to “lock” your body like this while you bench press, or perform any chest press or flye movement for that matter.

Once you begin your set, make sure to keep your elbows wide and under your wrists. Lower the bar to just about nipple level (this may vary slightly among individuals) under full control…bouncing is a major no-no…and then push to the top in an explosive fashion.

This may feel strange to you at first, but once you master it, I guarantee it will be time for some bigger shirts my friends!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great thread guys tons and tons of information here! Eric is amazing with all his knowledge

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Thank you to all that have already jumped aboard. More and more from our FB page will be posted daily and of course if you want me to address something specific, PNI-related or not, just let me know!

EB

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed for some good info!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Looking forward to sharing as much good info as I can with my iron brothers!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in! Always looking to learn new things. This thread is very much appreciated!!!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Was that post a response to my need for chest? Thanks brotha, my bench needs a lot of improvement.

-OS-Team AppNut

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Was that post a response to my need for chest? Thanks brotha, my bench needs a lot of improvement.

-OS-Team AppNut
Your post just reminded me of how many guys fail to build a chest simply because they do not position their torsos correctly during pec movements! : )

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eric, I read an article of yours in Iron Man some years back, and I feel really fortunate that I'm able to thank you on here. Your bench press tips truly brought amazing results for chest mass and brought it from one of my weakest body parts to what is now one of my standouts. Listen to this man, fellas! He knows his stuff!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eric, I read an article of yours in Iron Man some years back, and I feel really fortunate that I'm able to thank you on here. Your bench press tips truly brought amazing results for chest mass and brought it from one of my weakest body parts to what is now one of my standouts. Listen to this man, fellas! He knows his stuff!
Yeah between Eric's advice n prodigy I've really brought up my bench

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Thank you for reading my work! You are appreciated bro!!!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
****PNI/COACH BROSER WEEKEND GIVEAWAY!!****

Win yourself a bottle of PRODIGY/THERMADEX/PARAGON + a PNI T-shirt just by helping us spread the word about the most exciting new supplement line to hit the fitness industry! Here is how:

1. PLEASE Like our page if you have not already and PLEASE ask your friends to like our page as well!

2. PLEASE Share THIS post on your own page and choose ANOTHER post from this page and share it on your page as well.

Once I have my list of "shares" at the end of the weekend I will randomly choose 2 winners that will receive the PNI product of choice AND a PNI T-shirt! SORRY, BUT THIS IS OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY.

Good luck and have an awesome weekend!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
***PNI'S COACH BROSER "DID YOU KNOW?"***

-That high sugar/high GI carbs can make you feel depressed. They will quickly increase blood sugar and serotonin, giving you a brief "high," but this is rapidly replaced by low energy and a "mood crash."
-That some evidence is beginning to arise linking the skin of an apple to muscle hypertrophy.
-That splashing yourself with very cold water causes your body to release nor-adrenaline, which can lead to increased performance in the gym or on the field.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards

"Champions do NOT make excuses - they make their COMPETITORS make excuses!" -ERB

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

"Champions do NOT make excuses - they make their COMPETITORS make excuses!" -ERB
That's an awesome quote!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just read through. Loving the info n tips! IMO you're one of the best out there and it's very refreshing to have you so involved on AM! I have not tried any pni products yet but thermadex and paragon have piqued my interest very much.

Oh, and I have a huge chest n don't flat bench at all bc it would be too big in proportion to the rest of my body! Sorry OS! Lol

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Just brought up my flat bench 40lbs by listening to your advice Broser and with some prodigy. :) can't wait to try you're line!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just brought up my flat bench 40lbs by listening to your advice Broser and with some prodigy. :) can't wait to try you're line!
Prodigy and paragon will deff bring that bench up my bro!!! Maybe ill be ever so lucky to be apart of the line :)

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Just read through. Loving the info n tips! IMO you're one of the best out there and it's very refreshing to have you so involved on AM! I have not tried any pni products yet but thermadex and paragon have piqued my interest very much.

Oh, and I have a huge chest n don't flat bench at all bc it would be too big in proportion to the rest of my body! Sorry OS! Lol
You do not know how appreciative I am of your comments! Thank you so much! I will try and be here more and more and want to be as helpful as possible to AM members. As for Thermadex/Prodigy - they will NOT disappoint! You can take my word, but better you, speak your own after you try them!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
That is amazing bro!!! Yeah, Prodigy is pretty awesome. I myself do well on just 1/2 a scoop most times...it is THAT powerful.

As for MY line, that is in direct partnership with PNI and we are all really excited about it.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is amazing bro!!! Yeah, Prodigy is pretty awesome. I myself do well on just 1/2 a scoop most times...it is THAT powerful.

As for MY line, that is in direct partnership with PNI and we are all really excited about it.
Lol I'm waiting for your site to launch.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Deff excited for the ebroser line up :)

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
**PNI'S COACH BROSER'S Q & A!**

Q. I am extremely ectomorphic. My goal is to gain as much bulk as possible, but I don’t want to get too fat. I weigh about 155 and wish to get to about 185 in the next year. Should I be doing cardio along with my weight training?

A. I was in a very similar situation as you when I first started training, although I was even skinnier if you could believe that! I weighed a paltry 125 lbs when I first wrapped my hands around a barbell! So, in other words, I feel your pain, and can fully appreciate your question. As for my response…I would have to say no, you should not do any cardio at this time. As an ectomorph struggling to add muscle and bodyweight the last thing you want to do is burn more calories and further increase your already racing metabolism through cardio. You want every calorie you ingest to be pointed toward muscle repair and growth, even if you store a little added body fat along the way. The best way to avoid adding too much extra adipose tissue while gaining size is to make sure that you are eating a relatively “clean,” high calorie diet. Try to get the bulk of your calories from foods like steak, eggs, milk, chicken, fatty fish, protein powders, rice, pasta, potatoes, whole grain breads, fruits and vegetables. While the occasional pizza, ice cream, burgers and pancakes will not hurt you, make foods like this the exception and not the rule. Another important point about cardio and the ectomorph that I want to make is that in my experience, those with this body type tend to have more limited recovery ability than most - not as much in regards to individual muscles as to systemic recovery. This means that as an ectomorph, overtraining is more of a concern than with other body types. Thus, the addition of cardio on top of weight training is not a good idea for us naturally skinny types (at least in the early bulking stages), as an overabundance of exercise will make too far an inroad into our recovery ability, which will all but bring gains in muscle to a screeching halt! So, my advice to you is to train hard and heavy no more than four days per week, eat at least six clean, high calorie meals per day, utilize reliable supplements like creatine, beta-alanine, bcaa's, glutamine, etc, and sleep 7-9 hours every night. That is your simple and most reliable equation for muscle growth.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got one for you Coach.

I have always been skinny, my dad was 6'1" and 170 and I'm about 5'9"-5'10" and about the same weight.

I don't think I am incapable of putting on weight but my metabolism is faster than most peoples. I eat anywhere from 4-6 times a day and would like to get to around 185-195. My primary goal is athleticism and my training reflects that, this year I would like to get to 175-180 and I have been eating 4000+ calories on days I workout.

My main problem is that M-F I workout 2x a day. One of which is almost always a distance run. I realize that if I wasn't working out so often I would have much better progress but the morning workouts are mandatory because of my military service.

Do you have any tips on what I can do to increase my appetite so that I can eat the excess I will require to put on that weight?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I have always been skinny, my dad was 6'1" and 170 and I'm about 5'9"-5'10" and about the same weight.

I don't think I am incapable of putting on weight but my metabolism is faster than most peoples. I eat anywhere from 4-6 times a day and would like to get to around 185-195. My primary goal is athleticism and my training reflects that, this year I would like to get to 175-180 and I have been eating 4000+ calories on days I workout.

My main problem is that M-F I workout 2x a day. One of which is almost always a distance run. I realize that if I wasn't working out so often I would have much better progress but the morning workouts are mandatory because of my military service.

Do you have any tips on what I can do to increase my appetite so that I can eat the excess I will require to put on that weight?
I'm similar to you- best advice I can sY (and I know it's gonna be hard) is replace distance
CRdio with sprints. I used to be so addicted to running.. Once I stopped distance runningand doing just sprints, bike intervals, and prowler, I gained 10 pounds of muscle (sept-present) maybe more bc I definitely reduced BF as well! It is HARD for me to gain muscle, EASYYYY to get fat.. Skinny fat ecto t a T!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm similar to you- best advice I can sY (and I know it's gonna be hard) is replace distance
CRdio with sprints. I used to be so addicted to running.. Once I stopped distance runningand doing just sprints, bike intervals, and prowler, I gained 10 pounds of muscle, maybe more bc I definitely reduced BF as well! It is HARD for me to gain muscle, EASYYYY to get fat.. Skinny fat ecto t a T!
I can't. The PT is mandatory and I absolutely hate distance running.

I much prefer sprints and was a sprinter in HS.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't. The PT is mandatory and I absolutely hate distance running.

I much prefer sprints and was a sprinter in HS.
Oh, military? The problem w distance running is it really increases cortisol and lowers T So on top of lifting, potentially bad sleep, and not be able to eat enough, that's a tough battle to fight IMO with ANY body type.. Let alone how we are.. Looking forward to the professionals opinion! Lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, military? The problem w distance running is it really increases cortisol and lowers T So on top of lifting, potentially bad sleep, and not be able to eat enough, that's a tough battle to fight IMO with ANY body type.. Let alone how we are..
I know.

Its a losing battle.

And it's rough on the joints to put down the distance we put down every week.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know.

Its a losing battle.

And it's rough on the joints to put down the distance we put down every week.
Yup. I have chronically inflamed SI joint and developed arthritis in my low back after logging 20-30 miles a week from age 18-24(presently but no longer Running lol) Plus heavy lifting, plus sprints, plus 6 years of football in hs/college!

EBroser

EBroser

Awards

Its hard to increase appetite. I find it easier to use more liquid meals/caloires and to eat more calorie dense foods. You need to make sure to take in a huge portion of carbs after both of your workouts, along with protein. These are the critical times to feed the system.

There IS a night time natural GH/IGF-1 -releasing supplement called Sovereign (I think that is how its spelled), that almost all users report makes them starving all day.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its hard to increase appetite. I find it easier to use more liquid meals/caloires and to eat more calorie dense foods. You need to make sure to take in a huge portion of carbs after both of your workouts, along with protein. These are the critical times to feed the system.

There IS a night time natural GH/IGF-1 -releasing supplement called Sovereign (I think that is how its spelled), that almost all users report makes them starving all day.
Hmm I guess ill just have to add the liquid meals in between meals. I just wont blend chicken again (that was terrible when I did it)

I generally eat a ton of carbs (literally a whole ton) but I ha e been having a more protein/fat rich breakfast which is my post run meal and will definitely increase my Carb count with that meal.

Thanks for everything, I'll look into that product as well.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
Hmm I guess ill just have to add the liquid meals in between meals. I just wont blend chicken again (that was terrible when I did it)

I generally eat a ton of carbs (literally a whole ton) but I ha e been having a more protein/fat rich breakfast which is my post run meal and will definitely increase my Carb count with that meal.

Thanks for everything, I'll look into that product as well.
I used to be wayyyyyyyyy thinner than you, and it was quality weight gain shakes that got my weight up. I also could only eat so much!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to be wayyyyyyyyy thinner than you, and it was quality weight gain shakes that got my weight up. I also could only eat so much!
I believe you! I've come a long way since starting 5 years ago, when I first started I weighed like 115-120.

Thanks for all the help, hopefully I can make some good progress in 2013.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd. This is good information. Thanks