1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Question A "reverse" supplement log opportunity

Here's an idea, chime in on how you think about it. We as supplement consumers will post an application of our basic info and what supplement(s) we are looking for. The supplement company reps will look at these apps and make an offer. We choose the winner.
    Just an idea, what do you think?
    After a year off, I'm back

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.37%

I think that sounds like a great idea. I notice that some log threads on here give no indication as to what the companies are looking for in an applicant.
    {Any Constructive Criticism is Welcome!}
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    I think that sounds like a great idea. I notice that some log threads on here give no indication as to what the companies are looking for in an applicant.
    I agree, SOME not ALL. Plus it would give a chance for first time loggers.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

Bump for more comments
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Contest & promos are all dependent on when reps/companies are able to them.
    Plus only certain products are available for promos @ different times.
    Solid idea though.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Contest & promos are all dependent on when reps/companies are able to them.
    Plus only certain products are available for promos @ different times.
    Solid idea though.
    Yea, true - didn't think of it like that.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.48%

its a great idea for sure. nice way to change it up!
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I agree, SOME not ALL. Plus it would give a chance for first time loggers.
    We get applicants where people say "I have never logged anything but I have to start somewhere, right?". This implies that they have a right to do a log of some sort whereas I don't see it like that.

I was only ever asked to pick something when;
    1) Companies knew who I was and took a leap of faith that I wasn't going to run away with free product
    2) They take a leap of faith that my product log will be worth reading

Lots of people do logs, some people do them very well and get loads of followers and provide valuable reviews on products. This is what makes a company pick them. You would be amazed how many people get free product and disappear without finishing their log or apply for loads of things simultaneously demonstrating they are looking for any free products rather than wanting something specific.

If we run a promo, tell me exactly why you want to use our product and I am more likely to pick you. If you say "I need to start somewhere" as if any free product will do I will instantly gloss over your application.

I hope this helps.

Ben
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    We get applicants where people say "I have never logged anything but I have to start somewhere, right?". This implies that they have a right to do a log of some sort whereas I don't see it like that.

I was only ever asked to pick something when;
    1) Companies knew who I was and took a leap of faith that I wasn't going to run away with free product
    2) They take a leap of faith that my product log will be worth reading

Lots of people do logs, some people do them very well and get loads of followers and provide valuable reviews on products. This is what makes a company pick them. You would be amazed how many people get free product and disappear without finishing their log or apply for loads of things simultaneously demonstrating they are looking for any free products rather than wanting something specific.

If we run a promo, tell me exactly why you want to use our product and I am more likely to pick you. If you say "I need to start somewhere" as if any free product will do I will instantly gloss over your application.

I hope this helps.

Ben
    I hear ya man. I've said it before on a couple other threads here, I don't see why when someone is picked to log a product, they just take the product and run. This IMO is stupid and its literally stealing!! I mean, its not hard to keep track of your workouts a couple times a week and put them on here. Its the least you can do for receiving a product from a company. But I guess not everyone in this world is honest.
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    I hear ya man. I've said it before on a couple other threads here, I don't see why when someone is picked to log a product, they just take the product and run. This IMO is stupid and its literally stealing!! I mean, its not hard to keep track of your workouts a couple times a week and put them on here. Its the least you can do for receiving a product from a company. But I guess not everyone in this world is honest.
    You also have people who get multiple logging opportunities at once because they apply for everything.

If you want to log a product the easiest way is to become a valued member on the forum. Some guys on here get logging opportunities all the time because they are known to be knowledgeable and helpful. People applying with low post counts will rarely win in comparison.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

You also have people who get multiple logging opportunities at once because they apply for everything.

If you want to log a product the easiest way is to become a valued member on the forum. Some guys on here get logging opportunities all the time because they are known to be knowledgeable and helpful. People applying with low post counts will rarely win in comparison.
    I have 2 logs going on here, was selected a few days apart to run log the 2 products. But before I started the logs, I made sure from the reps that it was cool to log the 2 on different logs.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc

That's what I hate...
    Makes me overlook people real fast when I see a ton of multiple apps.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.23%

Remember you can always do a log of your own stash or product... Way to take leadership too.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.35%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Remember you can always do a log of your own stash or product... Way to take leadership too.
    Very true, excellent way to start out.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

This is where I see the biggest pitfall in having a pool of applicants. You would never know who was already logging or committed to a log. The hope if they apply for a promo is that they are available if chosen. As has been mentioned, there are no guarantees even then. Some people apply for every promo that comes up.

I get turned off by applicants when I see that they apply indiscriminately for every promo or logging op because it tells me that they are looking for free product as opposed to the right product to help them meet their goals. I am also turned off when I look at a person's post history (you should know that most of us reps do this to screen people we don't already know from the forums) and only see posts in promo threads and nothing else.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
  2. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 03:17 PM
  3. Boz's ALRI WTF Pump'd Supplement Log
    By bozbot in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM