Chance for 4 lucky loggers to experience the next phase in the Creatine Evolution

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

creatrona.jpg

1. What is Creatine?

Creatine is found naturally occurring in the human body and is produced in the liver, kidneys, and pancreas from amino acids (l-arginine, glycine, and l-methionine) found in food, such as meat and fish. Creatine is undoubtedly the most researched sport nutritional supplement due to its benefits to increase lean muscle mass, strength and energy. Approximately 95% total creatine in the human body is found in the skeletal muscle.

2.What does it do and how does it work?
Creatine’s main function is to supply energy to cells mostly found in the muscle. Here is a very basic explanation of how creatine plays a crucial role in providing your muscle cells the necessary energy to perform…

Your body’s ultimate source of energy comes from ATP also known as adenosine triphosphate. As soon as your body starts to exert energy to perform any strenuous exercise, the muscles use the stored ATP to power the muscles. It only takes 5-10 seconds to use up the ATP stores. So, in order to generate additional energy, your body has to make more ATP. During these times of intense energy needs, ATP is resynthesized from ADP. However, your body needs to use creatine phosphate in order for this process to occur. Creatine’s unique characteristic to increase the body’s creatine phosphate stores allows the body to synthesize ADP into ATP during these times of intense training at a rapid speed. If your body does not have the adequate creatine phosphate stores, the human body has to turn to other sources, such as glycogen. The downside to these other sources is that it takes much longer time to create the ATP needed during intense training.

3.Different types of creatine:
There are many different types of creatine that have been introduced into the dietary supplement industry over the last decade. First to the market was creatine monohydrate followed by other variations such as creatine ethyl ester, creatine malate, creatine citrate, Kre-Alklyn, and creatine hcl. With so many variations of creatine out in the marketplace, which one is most effective?

4.Studies that show CEE, Kre Alklyn, Creatine Mono:
Creatine ethyl ester (CEE) is creatine monohydrate with an ethyl group attached, which is suppose to provide greater solubility leading to better absorption. A study was conducted by Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom, comparing the bioavailability of creatine from CEE and creatine monohydrate in an acidic condition similar to stomach acid. This study confirmed that CEE actually accelerated CEE to break down to creatinine much faster than creatine monohydrate.

Another study was done to compare the bioavailability of creatine from Kre-Alkalyn and creatine monohydrate in an acidic condition similar to stomach acid by Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. This study also confirmed that creatine monohydrate was much more stable compare to Kre-Alkalyn and that greater percentage of Kre-Alkalyn broke down to creatinine than creatine monohydrate.

5.How PH effects muscle fatigue:
Intense exercise will cause a drastic decrease in muscle PH. Normal muscle PH is close to 7 which is also the PH of water. After heavy weight training, long distance running or any other intense exercise, your muscle PH could be as close to 6.5. This drop in muscle PH is caused by the increase of lactic acid formation within the muscle. This drop in muscle PH leads to muscle fatigue due to your body’s lack of ability to re-synthesize phospho creatine. Conversely, increasing muscle PH has been shown in studies to improve performance. Increasing muscle PH can be obtained by taking in alkaline ingredients, such as sodium carbonates.It’s been shown in studies that oral delivery of sodium bicarbonate at a rate of 300mgs/kg will increase performance in high intensity exercise between 1 and 7 minutes. Another study done in Australia at the Tasmanian Institute of Technology (McNaughton LR, Cedaro R The Aust Journal of Sci and Med in Sport 1991; 23(3): 66-69) gave elite class rowers 300mg/kg bodyweight of bicarbonate or placebo. Ninety-five minutes later, subjects made a maximal effort for six minutes on a rowing ergometer. Compared with placebo, the subjects rowed almost 50 metres further in the same time when
receiving sodium bicarbonate.

6.Science behind Crea –Trona:
The makers of Crea Pure has developed a new form of creatine that is more bioavailable and effective than any other creatine ever to be introduced. Alz Chem has their hands from the very starting material of coal to the end product of creatine monohydrate. This new form of creatine is called Crea-Trona and is currently patented in Europe (DE 102006050931A1) and is patent pending in the USA (US2010/0056633A1). Crea Trona is not another blended form of creatine, but actually chemically altered form of creatine scientifically designed to have a perfect PH that allows the creatine to penetrate into the muscle cells without breaking down. As shown above, blended creatine products like Kre-Alklyn, creatine citrate or malate all break down in acidic solutions more easily than regular creatine monohydrate. However, Crea-Trona’s is actually bonded with 94% creatine monohydrate with the other 6% comprising of sodium bicarbonate (weak acid) and sodium carbonate(conjugated base), giving it a perfect PH of 10.

One of the main disadvantages of Kre-Alklyn is described in the USA patent application of Crea-Trona. Stating that “even small amounts of acids are sufficient in order to neutralize these mixtures or set an acid pH.” So, to have a true “buffered” creatine, the ingredient must contain both a weak acid and a conjugated base. Preparation of Kre-Alklyn only contains a base and therefore is not a true buffered creatine that leads to the conversion of creatinine in an acidic pH environment such as the stomach. Mixing creatine monohydrate with just sodium carbonate leads to an alkaline creatine that is titrated rapidly in low PH solution (see figure 1). Crea Trona, on the other hand, uses a true buffered system to regulate the pH level to remain constant at 10.

By using sodium carbonate (conjugated base) and sodium bicarbonate (weak acid) to create a buffering system of Crea-Trona, the pH of a solution is slightly affected when an acid or a base is added. Crea Trona achieves its pH buffering properties from the equilibrium between the acid HA and its conjugate base A[SUP]-[/SUP]. HA is in equilibrium with H[SUP]+[/SUP] + A[SUP]-[/SUP]. When an acid (in our case this would be the stomach, or mixing with acidic ingredients) is added to a mixture of the buffer (weak acid-sodium bicarbonate, and its conjugate base-sodium carbonate), the equilibrium is shifted to the left. Because of the shift, the hydrogen ion concentration increases by less than the amount expected for the quantity of strong acid added. The opposite is true if a strong alkali is added to the mixture; the hydrogen ion concentration decreases by less than the amount expected for the quantity of alkali added.

Crea Trona’s true buffering system protects the creatine from converting into creatinine in the stomach and also is proven to have a significantly higher bioavailability leading to higher absorption into the muscle cells. In USA patent application for Crea Trona, it clearly shows “the sodium content f the formulation having a decisive influence on the bioavailability and the uptake of creatine into the cells.” This use of sodium is similar to the usage of carbohydrates ability to increase creatine uptake.

An experiment was put together to illustrate the bioavailability between creatine monohydrate, Kre-Alkalyn, and Crea Trona. Three groups of testers, each comprising of 10 people, had the same starting values of creatine in muscle dry mass. The study was conducted over a 4 week period where each group was administered a daily dose of 2 grams of either creatine monohydrate, Kre-Alkalyn, or Crea Trona. Creatine stores in the muscle cells were measured via muscle biopsy before the study and after 4 weeks of intake. Figure 2 clearly shows that Crea Trona far superior in bioavailability than creatine monohydrate or Kre-Alkalyn. After 4 week, the users of Crea trona appeared to have close to 15% more creatine stores in their system than the users of creatine monohydrate or Kre-Alkalyn.

Refferences:

1. Harris, R.C. (1999) Effects and safety of dietary and supplementary creatine. International Congress Creatine: From Basic Science to Clinical Application: Milan. 2. Harris, R.C., Howard, A.N. (1999) Compositions containing creatine. USPTO patent No 5,968,544. pg 1-13.
3. Gastner, Thomas, Engelsberg (DE) (2010) Solid or Aqueous Alkaline Preparation Comprising of a Creatine Component, Process for the Production thereof and the use thereof. USPTO patent application number US 2010/0056633 A1. Pg 1-8.
4. Edgar, G., Shiver, H.E. (1925) The equalibrium between creatine and creatinine, in aqueous solution: the effect of hydrogen ion. J.Am.Chem.Soc. 47: 1179 - 1188.
5. Matson LG, and Tran ZV. Effects of sodium bicarbonate ingestion on anaerobic performance: a meta-analytic review. Int J Sport Nutr 3: 2-28, 1993.
6. McNaughton LR. Bicarbonate and citrate. In: Nutrition in Sport, edited by Maughan RJ. Oxford: Blackwell, 2000, p. 393-404.
7. Parkhouse WS, and McKenzie DC. Possible contribution of skeletal muscle buffers to enhanced anaerobic performance: a brief review. Med Sci Sports Exerc 16: 328-338, 1984.
8. Sale C, Saunders B, Hudson S, Sunderland CD, Wise JA, and Harris RC. Effect of beta-alanine supplementation, with and without sodium bicarbonate, on high-intensity cycling
capacity. In: American College of Sports Medicine. Baltimore, Maryland: 2010.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im not sure what the logging will be consisting of?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Loggers must be experienced loggers who have a history of creatine use.

Loggers must post 3 times a week. Preference will be given to those who will do things like before and after pics.

Preference will also be given to those not running any other performance enhancing substances such as test booster’s etc. pre-workouts are fine as long as a baseline is established.

Must be at least 18…

Convince me to choose your application, tell me why I should choose you.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i see now, the picture didnt pop the first time i read the thread...lol. should be interesting, i would love to apply and log with ig2 but starting an ostarx log soon....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't read all that fluff, what is this for?

musclebob5

musclebob5

Banned
Awards
Id Be Game To Log This Product .. Im 27 .. Been Liftin For 13 Years And Have Been Using Creatine Since age 16 .. i refuse to train w.o it because of the awsome benifits i get in the gym ... like strength/endurance/recovery ... i definitely can take b4 & after pics and post up at least 3x a week so pick me ! ;)

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Look interesting Pick meeee! Im 26 years old. I have been using creatine since i was probably around 17yrs old. I would be a perfect candidate for this because im cycling off my monohudrate in a week. Im not an experienced logger per say because i have never ran a log but have read many logs an can do one correctly. I am constantly on AM so wont forget to update at least three times a week. Finals are coming up really soon so im going to have much more time to have a consistant diet and training routine and see how well the supp works.. Only supps im using are fish oil protein creatine(for one more week) multi votamins and aminos

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine Experience: used it since 17, 5-10g/day 2 months on one month off.
Recent supps: logged mm/dpol 2 months ago, just finished logging OxyECA/Licogenix last week(did creatine mono for a few days dropped it during this log). havent used creatine since my mm/dpol stack. currently not on anything
Why pick me? love creatine, love finaflex, love logging, love me :) im always down to try new things and was gonna run a PH cycle soon but rather save it and give this stuff a try, looks pretty sick

just curious, how many grams would be in a serving?
It's 1000 mg per serving which is 2 caps

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has to be more people interested in logging this...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
interesting to say the least

Creapure never did me wrong, but the convience of a pill would be nice. How many caps per serving is it? The onyl thing i can compare it too in terms of Creatine blend in caps would be Thermolife's C-bol. but that was I think 6 caps perday and 12 on training days if I remember correctly??

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
never mind i see the last post you made. 2 caps twice a day i assume?

Colby

Colby

Awards
Id love to log it, been lifting since I was 19 used creatine for about 3 years, just finished my mono so it'd b a good time to start logging this, I take craze as a pw, can log 3+ days a week and can post b4 n after pics

polishcyborg

polishcyborg

Awards
32 in a few day:(
been working out for the past 11 years
Gonna be log free in about 2 weeks (test booster)
Ive been on a fre creatine products and got some results, so trying your out, I would have 2 way of testing it. 1) would be at the gym I go 5 dats a week 2) would be at the ice rink, I played 2 night a week. I would be able to see how it would effect my game!!
Good Luck everyone!!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
I just finished with I-Force's Maximize Intense / Hemavol log on here. I have logged 5aOHP for Taurus Nutrition and Wyked as well. Also have a few logs of personal cycles i have done. 23 years old, using creatine in nearly all its different forms for 5+ years now. I can / will post before and after pics, which actually motivates me quite a bit more because people can see what's going on. Last note, my first "cycle" was Finaflex 550xd. that stuff was stupidly strong! Good luck to everyone!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just finished with I-Force's Maximize Intense / Hemavol log on here. I have logged 5aOHP for Taurus Nutrition and Wyked as well. Also have a few logs of personal cycles i have done. 23 years old, using creatine in nearly all its different forms for 5+ years now. I can / will post before and after pics, which actually motivates me quite a bit more because people can see what's going on. Last note, my first "cycle" was Finaflex 550xd. that stuff was stupidly strong! Good luck to everyone!
Yah the old one was nuts I hear, but the new one is safer, I like that trade off :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Yah that's what I was thinking of doing...
makes sense - 120 caps would give you a month supply that way. double that if you go the once a day route. not sure of the cost but that is pretty bang for your buck i would think.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now this I can dig! Creatine is a staple for me rather it be mono or Creatine nitrate! I'm currenlty logging Androdrive and creatine nitrate and will be done in couple weeks with end of it using sustain alpha. I would like to give this creatine a run since I'll be out of creatine nitrate next week. I have yet to find one that can beat it so I'd like to see just how well it works. Posting is no problem for me I post on 5 forums daily!!

Loggers must be experienced loggers who have a history of creatine use.

Loggers must post 3 times a week. Preference will be given to those who will do things like before and after pics.

Preference will also be given to those not running any other performance enhancing substances such as test booster’s etc. pre-workouts are fine as long as a baseline is established.

Must be at least 18…

Convince me to choose your application, tell me why I should choose you.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
im interested in logging this for 30 days if you still have an open slot.i am 34 years old sitting at 300lbs at 14 % bf.i have been traing for 16 years and have some logging experience here on a_m .im currently doing a 3 day 5x5 varient per week with the focus on strenght and size.i have exp with mono usually running it two months on 1 month off at 10 g a day.i have allways been a good responder to creatine and straight up water.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im interested in logging this for 30 days if you still have an open slot.i am 34 years old sitting at 300lbs at 14 % bf.i have been traing for 16 years and have some logging experience here on a_m .im currently doing a 3 day 5x5 varient per week with the focus on strenght and size.i have exp with mono usually running it two months on 1 month off at 10 g a day.i have allways been a good responder to creatine and straight up water.
Holy shyte you're a fuggin monster... !!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
... 300lbs?! good lord you are huge. please tell me you dont have a desk job.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually yeah a desk job . I-t
You and me both... as much as I don't like it, I think in a lot of ways it helps that I don't have to wear my body down at my job so I can wear it down in the gym instead. I would like to make fitness a second career but I-T pays too fuggin good ...

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
I'm really surprised this thread hasn't exploded with applications. Better chance for me to get picked i suppose :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm really surprised this thread hasn't exploded with applications. Better chance for me to get picked i suppose :)
Yah I think people may have heard the better Creatine line once too often. That's why we need to get good loggers to get the word out. I have to tell you mine is on it's way and haven't tried it yet but ignite2 has it in it and well the workouts are spectacular with increased strength.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
yeah, unfortunately there has been a lot of "newest bestest most potent patent pending" type of creatines out there. but i would definitely enjoy the chance to log this!

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
Creatine experience: been using creatine since i was 15. ive tried, mono, kre alkalyn, gluconate, citrate, malate, nitrate, you name it. so far mono has provided the best results. what i did like about kre alkalyn though is less bloat.
log: i can update 3 days a week. i could do before and after pics if there is a noticeable change
workout: 4-5 times a week on a power and hypertrophy style workout
stats: 5'7, 174 pounds @ 9%. current noteworthy pr's: incline bb 295 x 3, squat 315 x 11, dead lift 505 x 1

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine experience: been using creatine since i was 15. ive tried, mono, kre alkalyn, gluconate, citrate, malate, nitrate, you name it. so far mono has provided the best results. what i did like about kre alkalyn though is less bloat.
log: i can update 3 days a week. i could do before and after pics if there is a noticeable change
workout: 4-5 times a week on a power and hypertrophy style workout
stats: 5'7, 174 pounds @ 9%. current noteworthy pr's: incline bb 295 x 3, squat 315 x 11, dead lift 505 x 1
Some good lifts here ...

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Yes it helps massively with gains.who ever said hard labor will make you big and strong is retardo.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it helps massively with gains.who ever said hard labor will make you big and strong is retardo.
Yah missing some important aspects, progression, periodization... as soon as one is accustomed to what they are doing... growth stops...

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
any idea when the lucky loggers will be chosen? and if it helps sway your decision, i post noodz ;) yeah, that's a winky face. lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any idea when the lucky loggers will be chosen? and if it helps sway your decision, i post noodz ;) yeah, that's a winky face. lol
Yah think they frown upon the nude pics ...

I should make a decision by Friday...

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
completely joking on the naked pics thing. and sweet deal, looking forward to this.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
completely joking on the naked pics thing. and sweet deal, looking forward to this.
Yah I had that figured lol .. would have been really weird if you weren't lol

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Yah missing some important aspects, progression, periodization... as soon as one is accustomed to what they are doing... growth stops...
Indeed... Also being able to fuel those principles of change

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here are my selections, thanks to everyone who applied ... PM me you addy's and I'll push them through to headquarters....

polishcyborg
laserbluess
packers6211
gidemon

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
YEAHHHHHHHHHH buddy. congrats everyone! And thanks DW for this logging experience.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just saw this thread. New creatines are a dime a dozen. Creapure still is king of creatines and the original. Maybe I'll try this stuff just for giggles though if it doesn't cost too much.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
aw, you just rained on my parade T-bone! it's true, there are a lot of creatines out there and each claims to be the best, but i guess we will see with this one.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dreamweaver big thanks to you and Finaflex for this awesome oppt to log! I will def be looking forward to this! I just got home from flying in, and just read this about falling of the bed lol. Again thanks!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just saw this thread. New creatines are a dime a dozen. Creapure still is king of creatines and the original. Maybe I'll try this stuff just for giggles though if it doesn't cost too much.
I here what you're saying .. Crea-Trona is a new double buffered creatine developed in Germany do a google on it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
aw, you just rained on my parade T-bone! it's true, there are a lot of creatines out there and each claims to be the best, but i guess we will see with this one.
On it,looking forward to running this.
Dreamweaver big thanks to you and Finaflex for this awesome oppt to log! I will def be looking forward to this! I just got home from flying in, and just read this about falling of the bed lol. Again thanks!
Welcome just waiting for one more addy..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tbone Crea-Trona was developed by the people who developed Creapure

Crea-Trona® is a double buffered Creapure® creatine of the leading German company AlzChem, also producer of the very famous Creapure®creatine.

Crea-Trona® is obtained by adding a double buffer of sodium carbonate and sodium bi-carbonate to Creapure®. These are both natural minerals that create an alkaline environment with a pH value (degree of acidity) between 8 and 12.

Crea-Trona® is far more efficient than other types of creatine, including those that have an alkaline pH-buffer (kre-alkalynes). The double buffer prevents the pH-value in the muscles from dropping during the workout leading to an increased workout capacity and a larger training volume, and stimulating faster recovery of the original pH-value after the workout.

It's actually double buffered Creapure...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't say I wouldn't try it, just skeptical. If it is really any better than just plain creapure than I will likely purchase another bottle. Hopefully it is priced reasonably.