What would YOU like to see in a post workout?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iForce is currently working on a post workout formula, however we would like some input from the fans out there on what you personally would like to see in your post workout.

Lets hear it!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Post or pre ? I'm guessing post because ou already have a great preworkout

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say:

Whey isolate
Simple carbohydrate (plain dextrose would probably be fine; I'd prefer it over maltodextrin)
Creatine monohydrate (5g)

Anything beyond that would be beneficial, but that's the premise of what makes up a solid post (in my mind). I would think a small amount of free form BCAAs (probably 4:1:1 ratio to get more leucine) and possibly ~2g beta alanine, as that would get most users to the 4g/day when combined with what they may take pre-workout. I've seen good reports of Protocol, so perhaps 500mg agmatine, as well (though I believe that's meant to be taken prior to consuming the protein/carbs); same goes for a small dose of LCLT.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say:

Whey isolate
Simple carbohydrate (plain dextrose would probably be fine; I'd prefer it over maltodextrin)
Creatine monohydrate (5g)

Anything beyond that would be beneficial, but that's the premise of what makes up a solid post (in my mind). I would think a small amount of free form BCAAs (probably 4:1:1 ratio to get more leucine) and possibly ~2g beta alanine, as that would get most users to the 4g/day when combined with what they may take pre-workout. I've seen good reports of Protocol, so perhaps 500mg agmatine, as well (though I believe that's meant to be taken prior to consuming the protein/carbs); same goes for a small dose of LCLT.
nice. i like this

the problem is anything with protein or BCAAs is going to be expensive. this is why AppNut has not yet released Cool Down (our post workout product) because the raws are too expensive and we couldnt be competitive with our price.

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
100% whey protein
Creatine
Glutamine
Arginine
Vitamin c
HMB
Alpha lipoic acid
Taurine

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Whey simple carbs bcaa glutamine and plus.... the super soilder formula, genetically modified spiders that bite u n alter your DNA, of yea lots of midichlorians!! Lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
whey
a nice carb source
maybe an anti oxidant / mood enhancer?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice. i like this

the problem is anything with protein or BCAAs is going to be expensive. this is why AppNut has not yet released Cool Down (our post workout product) because the raws are too expensive and we couldnt be competitive with our price.
That makes sense. The first 3 I listed are the building blocks for me. Or you could do everything I listed just minus the whey isolate and I'd still buy it. If it weren't one of those two things, though, I doubt I'd purchase it. I'd just keep doing what I have been.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to see Peptopro, creatine and LCLT. Granted i imagine the pricepoint would be difficult.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Digestive enzymes

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^this

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take digestive enzymes with all my post workout drinks.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probiotics would be a nice addition too.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
40g whey isolate
50g-70g carbs
6-7g leucine
200mg r-ala

**creatine is cheap and I can add my own. NO filler ingredients is key to me buying the product.

or

10g pepto Pro
30 whey iso
1g LCLT
6g Leucine
150mg r-ala
40-50g carbs preferably swedish oat starch

should only cost about 5 dollars a serving :rofl:

Last edited:
farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
High fructose corn syrup ;-) lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To piggy back on what Monster added....

10g pepto Pro
30 whey iso
1g LCLT
6g Leucine
150mg r-ala
LCLT
Creapure
Enzymes

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
To piggy back on what Monster added....

10g pepto Pro
30 whey iso
1g LCLT
6g Leucine
150mg r-ala
Creapure
Enzymes
Sound legit to me but I like to add my own creatine. Which enzymes do you prefer postworkout? haven't used them in a while and forget which are best...

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sound legit to me but I like to add my own creatine. Which enzymes do you prefer postworkout? haven't used them in a while and forget which are best...
Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase ...basically anything that ends in "ase".

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
8.1.1 bcaa profile, L alanine, vit c, 2g beta alanine......the problem is keeping cost competitve or slightly cheaper...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vaughn, would you mind weighing in on the direction you'd be looking to take this product? I'm assuming it was in the chance that you guys might produce it and not just to satisfy your curiosity lol.

I'd just like to hear your thoughts on if you're looking for this to be the type of product you'd have your support supplements from (kind of like Protocol) or one that will include your nutrition, too (the carbs and/or protein) or one to cover them all.

Essentially, a company could market 3 products for this (or even more if you broke it down further, but that's another story):

A) Whey Isolate + Simple Carbs
B) Support Post Supplements (e.g. digestive enzymes, creatine, BA, LCLT, agmatine, etc.)
C) A combination of A and B, which would obviously have a very high pricetag, but would allow users to have ONE product, rather than fiddling around with so much.

I'd see product C being a treat. It's not something you'd run year round as a staple, but you would treat yourself to it on occasion, allowing yourself to not have to hassle with 10 different products/compounds/powders/pills.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where did the other iforce contest about reviewing a product go?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see Peptopro, creatine and LCLT. Granted i imagine the pricepoint would be difficult.
Awesome idea. Well there's a lot of awesome ideas. I'd definitely suggest:
Creatine (di-creatine phosphate)
L-Carnitine-L-Tartrate
Glutamine AKG
Pepto-pro
Electrolytes (phosphate or bicarbonate form)
Anti-Oxidants (grapeseed, A/C/E)
Trace mineral complex

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Vaughn, would you mind weighing in on the direction you'd be looking to take this product? I'm assuming it was in the chance that you guys might produce it and not just to satisfy your curiosity lol.

I'd just like to hear your thoughts on if you're looking for this to be the type of product you'd have your support supplements from (kind of like Protocol) or one that will include your nutrition, too (the carbs and/or protein) or one to cover them all.

Essentially, a company could market 3 products for this (or even more if you broke it down further, but that's another story):

A) Whey Isolate + Simple Carbs
B) Support Post Supplements (e.g. digestive enzymes, creatine, BA, LCLT, agmatine, etc.)
C) A combination of A and B, which would obviously have a very high pricetag, but would allow users to have ONE product, rather than fiddling around with so much.

I'd see product C being a treat. It's not something you'd run year round as a staple, but you would treat yourself to it on occasion, allowing yourself to not have to hassle with 10 different products/compounds/powders/pills.
Oooo! Good call! I forgot to add beta alanine ;)