Want to win 3-months of VidaTest? Enter the Thanksgiving Cookbook Contest Now!

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Vida.jpg

This Contest is for a Three Month Supply of VidaTest!

Submit your favorite thanksgiving recipe for a chance to win!

Myself and a panel of chef's will choose one favorite recipe and I will cook it on Thanksgiving day

Eligibility

• US and Canadian Address
  • Must be willing to write a Final Review
Contest Rules
  • Contest will end on Nov 20th
  • Winner will be selected Nov 22nd for a 270ct bottle of VidaTest
  • Winner chosen by myself and three Chef's
  • One Recipe per person per day
  • Write a brief description of why the recipe is so great. Just a sentence or two.
  • Family recipes are a plus!
  • The recipes will be compiled and available as a single document for everyone
Thanksgiving-Day-of-turkey.jpg

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
First is a appetitzer
Pumkin soup
  • 3/4 cup water
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 can (8 ounces) pumpkin puree
    1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 cup fat-free milk
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1 green onion, green top only, chopped
In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of the water over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Don't let the onion dry out.
Add the remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don't boil.
Ladle into warmed individual bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops. Serve immediately

72 calories.protein 3g,12g carbs, fat 1g

Its great because I luv pumpkin and its diffrent. Anyone can make chicken noodle!

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Good post but don't forget the description of why its so great...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! I got some I will post up later:D More so the wifes secret recipes, but I still eat them lol

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Nice! I got some I will post up later:D More so the wifes secret recipes, but I still eat them lol
Perfect, at the end everybody will have access to an awesome thanksgiving cookbook!

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Pear,prosciutto and hazelnut stuffing

3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into ribbons
2 cups , chopped
2 cups diced fennel bulb
1/4 cup minced shallot
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
8 cups stale baguette, preferably multi-grain (not sourdough), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
calories 176, fat 5g, prot 9g, and carbs 29g
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
  3. Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, fennel and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add sage, thyme and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Transfer everything to a large bowl and gently stir in bread, pears, parsley, hazelnuts and the prosciutto. Add broth; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top is beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more
anybody can make normal plain old stuffing, this is healthy and has great flavor

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
haha, read the RULES! Only one per day buddy. Since you were first I will let this one slide.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
Oh crap, im half asleep, was up early deer hunting and i stared at trees all morning

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Oh crap, im half asleep, was up early deer hunting and i stared at trees all morning
no worries. You were the first to respond so you can have two recipes on the first day!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ohhh-hoo...Freezito bringin the heat already! ;) Great promo EV :thumbsup: Will get in on this after I grab the ole recipie box...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm down - Shilajit is good stuff and not enough products include it.

Resolve's Slow Roasted Turkey:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

2. Mix 2 sticks softened butter, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, thyme and basil in a bowl. I don't measure the spices, just add to your preference.

3. Rub a thin layer of dijon mustard over the turkey, then spread about 1/2 the butter mix over that. For some reason, I like the way this tastes better than if I added the mustard to the butter mix.

4. Place the turkey in a pan and pour about an inch of white wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc) in the bottom, and toss some apple slices and garlic cloves in the body cavity along with any remaining butter.

5. Cook at 450 for 1hr, then reduce heat to 200 and cook for ~45-50min per pound. Baste with the wine/juices periodically.

6. Let cool and serve.

Edit: I forgot to put why I chose this recipe. It's a combination of my grandmother's and mother-in-laws approach to roasting a turkey. My Grandma always smothered hers in butter and basted it with wine, but I prefer the juiciness that slow cooking (a la mom-in-law) provides. So in using both techniques, I get the best of both worlds, so to speak. :)

Meister

Meister

Awards
This is not mine, but it sounds Fugging Awesome: (I'm not a great chef)

[h=2]Pumpkin-Nut Cream Cheese Icing Cake:[/h]
Pumpkin pie is the traditional dessert served at Thanksgiving but unfortunately, unless you are willing to complete forgo the crust, it's a difficult one to make lighter. Fortunately this is a quick fix if you opt for a more nutritionally sound pumpkin-nut loaf.This serves as an excellent wind down to a Thanksgiving meal served along with a cup of flavored coffee or tea.
Ingredients:
Directions:
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and coat an 8 by 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.In a large bowl combine the canola oil, applesauce, pumpkin puree, honey, brown sugar Splenda, and egg and egg whites.In another bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, protein powder, flaxseed, baking powder, and spices. Add this mixture to the pumpkin mixture and using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until well blended.Finally, pour the batter into a prepared pan and then sprinkle with slivered nuts over the top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for between 50 and 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out lean. Carefully remove the loaf from the pan and allow to cool on the counter completely.Once cool, in another bowl microwave the cream cheese until slightly soft (for easier spreading) and then stir in the Splenda and vanilla extract. Smear this over the top of the loaf and then cut into slices and serve.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Home Made Perogie Recipe :)

Filling
8 Large Potatoes mashed
1 500g block of cheese
(Put this bowl in the fridge to cool until your dough is ready)

Home made dough
4 & 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4th cup of warm water
3/4th cup of milk(2%)
1tsp of salt
3tbsp of melted butter
(mix all your ingredients into a bowl really well, split the big ball into 2 dough balls, then roll each dough ball out to paper thin, take a margarita sized glass and cut as many circles as possible, continue until no dough left)

Now it's time to stuff!
Take approx. 1tbsp of your mashed potatoe filling, put in center of your circles, fold your circle over so it's a half moon and pinch together the ends using a fork, continue until all your circles are filled.

Boiling time:)
Take 10-12 Perogies insert into a large pot of boiling water(make sure it's a steady boil) Immediately stir perogies around, while they are boiling prepare another pot for some melted butter. Once perogies start floating to the top, take them out, put them on a baking sheet and butter them, put in your next 10-12 perogies and once they float butter them as well, then once they have cooled a approx 2 min, turn all of them over and butter them all again, then put into the freezer for 10 min and repeat this until you have no perogies left.

-Once 10min is up in the freezer, you can package, seal and freeze each of them.

Time to fry up some perogies!
4tbsp of vegetable oil in the frying pan, once it's heated a little bit add desired amount of perogies(approx 8 per large frying pan) continue to flip them until they get a beautiful golden look, then remove from frying pan and eat it up with your favorite dunking sauce.(Tastes good dunked in ketchup, sour cream, gravy, spaghetti sauce and eggs)

PS. These perogies taste delicious dunked in home made spaghetti sauce. Tomorrow I will list my home made spaghetti sauce :D

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm bookmarking this thread for thanksgiving dinner.
That's the idea. I will compile everything and have the entire "cookbook" for you the Sunday before thanksgiving.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Imu-Style Turkey
with Portuguese Cornbread Stuffing

Dig a pit 1-1/2-times the size of the turkey. Secure the pit’s sides with chicken wire to keep dirt from crumbling onto the bird. Salt and pepper unstuffed turkey; wrap with ti leaves, then with cheesecloth, then with chicken wire. Place red hot coals or river rocks in the bottom of the pit, top with a layer of ti leaves. Place turkey on the ti leaves; cover with more leaves, then more hot material. Cover the pit with nonflammable heavy material. Cook for 5 hours.
Check the turkey at 4 hours using a metal skewer or knife for temperature and ease of penetration. When the still-wrapped turkey is done, remove it and put on a platter. Remove cheesecloth. The meat literally will fall off the bone.
(i've actually done this in HS. If I find a pic I'll post it! But ours fit around 100 turkeys!)
Also, we just used empty potato sacks and then banana stumps which we pounded with sledge hammers, and banana leaves instead of the cheese clothes, but this way is more... um doable for the everyday guy? lol

Portuguese Cornbread Stuffing

15 ounces Portuguese sausage,
5 ounces each, onion, celery and carrot
1 quart cornbread
1-12 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

Dice Portuguese sausage. Heat canned chicken stock until hot. Dice carrots, onions, celery and garlic. Saute vegetables in olive oil or butter in a Teflon pan while in another skillet cooking the Portuguese sausage. Drain fat. Crumple corn bread and mix with vegetables and sausage. Pour hot chicken stock over for texture. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
This one is amazing! Before I found out I had a gluten intolerance ....

Posting more stuff later... Probably from now it'll be some Hawaii favorites that are very common at the Thanksgiving table. (likely to be asian influenced because my family is mostly Japanese)

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Nice recipe! Just remember you can only post one recipe per day. Keep them coming!

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
Ingredients
3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, crushed
6 ounces grated Parmesan

this is for 10-12 servings.
Directions

Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine.
Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.

So my girlfriend just graduated from the Cordon Bleu school of culinary arts which means shes going to be cooking for the big part of her life every day, for hours at a time. So when I cook for her I need to step my A game up. So for valentines day this year I went looking for the BEST mashed potatoes. I looked online, asked family members and they all pretty much had a similar recipe which wasn't going to cut it. So I turned to my favorite TV persona Alton Brown. And found this recipe. She loved the potatoes and asked me to cook them again on our anniversary. They're going to be a perfect addition to any thanksgiving dinner.

At first you might think that's a lot of garlic, but honestly the simmering of the garlic leaves just enough garlic taste that wont have you running away. But it's not, make sure you use real Parmesan cheese not that bagged stuff, since most of the ingredients are easily affordable spend a little and get some high end cheese, trust me it's worth it.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Ingredients
3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
2 tablespoons kosher salt
16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
6 cloves garlic, crushed
6 ounces grated Parmesan

this is for 10-12 servings.
Directions

Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
Place in a large saucepan, add the salt, and cover with water.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and Parmesan; stir to combine.
Let stand for 5 minutes so that mixture thickens and then serve.

So my girlfriend just graduated from the Cordon Bleu school of culinary arts which means shes going to be cooking for the big part of her life every day, for hours at a time. So when I cook for her I need to step my A game up. So for valentines day this year I went looking for the BEST mashed potatoes. I looked online, asked family members and they all pretty much had a similar recipe which wasn't going to cut it. So I turned to my favorite TV persona Alton Brown. And found this recipe. She loved the potatoes and asked me to cook them again on our anniversary. They're going to be a perfect addition to any thanksgiving dinner.

At first you might think that's a lot of garlic, but honestly the simmering of the garlic leaves just enough garlic taste that wont have you running away. But it's not, make sure you use real Parmesan cheese not that bagged stuff, since most of the ingredients are easily affordable spend a little and get some high end cheese, trust me it's worth it.
Nice recipe, Alton has some good stuff.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
3 lbs Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 cup Pineapple Juice or Orange Juice
2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 tablespoons Chicken Broth warmed
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Peel the sweet potatoes while still hot. Combine the potatoes, butter, salt, juice, maple syrup, and chicken broth in a large bowl. Smash with a potato masher until the potatoes are smooth. Serve immediately. This can be prepared a day ahead and reheated. Serves 8-10.

You can change the sweetener to raw honey, or some artificial sweetener if you don't want more calories. Also, I suggest using coconut butter if you like the taste, but for most parties butter is a winna!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Filling
8 Large Potatoes mashed
1 500g block of cheese

Home made dough
3/4th cup of warm water
3/4th cup of milk(2%)
1tsp of salt
3tbsp of melted butter
(mix all your ingredients into a bowl really well, split the big ball into 2 dough balls, then roll each dough ball out to paper thin, take a margarita sized glass and cut as many circles as possible, continue until no dough left)

Now it's time to stuff!
Take approx. 1tbsp of your mashed potatoe filling, put in center of your circles, fold your circle over so it's a half moon and pinch together the ends using a fork, continue until all your circles are filled.

Take 10-12 Perogies insert into a large pot of boiling water(make sure it's a steady boil) Immediately stir perogies around, while they are boiling prepare another pot for some melted butter. Once perogies start floating to the top, take them out, put them on a baking sheet and butter them, put in your next 10-12 perogies and once they float butter them as well, then once they have cooled a approx 2 min, turn all of them over and butter them all again, then put into the freezer for 10 min and repeat this until you have no perogies left.

-Once 10min is up in the freezer, you can package, seal and freeze each of them.

4tbsp of vegetable oil in the frying pan, once it's heated a little bit add desired amount of perogies(approx 8 per large frying pan) continue to flip them until they get a beautiful golden look, then remove from frying pan and eat it up with your favorite dunking sauce.(Tastes good dunked in ketchup, sour cream, gravy, spaghetti sauce and eggs)

PS. These perogies taste delicious dunked in home made spaghetti sauce. Tomorrow I will list my home made spaghetti sauce :D

Now here is the Spaghetti Sauce to go along with the yummy Perogies for a good dunken:)
- 4 cans of 28 fl oz whole plum tomatoes/ Blend all 4 cans in a blender and throw into a big pot.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan fry up 1.53kg of extra lean ground beef.(If you like it hot like I do add 7tbsp of franks red hot sauce while the meats cooking)

Now back to the spaghetti sauce
-add 2 cans of 13 fl oz hunts tomatoe paste into your pot(add more paste if it's still too runny for you)

Now it's time for spices, in your pot of spaghetti your going to add
- 2 heaping tbsp of parsley
- 2 heaping tbsp of basil
- 1 1/2 levels tbsp of oregano
- 3 heaping tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chopped garlic clove(add more if you love garlic)
- add franks red hot sauce to your liking( I normally put 7tbsp because I like it hot!)
- Once meat is cooked, add it to your spaghetti sauce, now heat it up on your stove on level 2 stirring occassionally, serve once it's hot(If you want it cooked faster just turn the heat up)

Will have pics tomorrow of both perogies and sauce once it's cooked up when I get home from work :D

MSF

Awards
Sweet Potato Pie
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cream
1 unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Prick pie shell dough with fork before baking. Bake for about 10 minutes without filling.
Combine all ingredients in any order. Mix well with an electric hand mixer until all ingredients are smooth.
Pour filling into precooked pie shell and put into oven on 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking for 35 minutes.
Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
I made this pie 3yrs. ago for the first time for my inlaws, and every Thanksgiving since, it's been requested back.
"Write a brief description of why the recipe is so great." - Words can't discribe this pie. You'll have to make it, and taste it to understand.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Nice recipe, I have been craving some sweet potato pie.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
No recipes today? Everyone is missing out on an awesome opportunity for a three month supply of VidaTest. Post those recipes! You can post one a day.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PUMPKIN MACADAMIA NUT PIE
Ingredients:
1 can (1 pound) pumpkin
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Topping:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine pumpkin and eggs. Stir in the sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake 15 minutes then lower heat to 375 degrees and bake 20 more minutes.
To make topping: Cream butter with brown sugar. Stir in nuts. Use as garnish around edge of pie. Bake 7 to 10 more minutes or until filling is set; cool.
Serve with whipped cream. Serves 8.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Filling
8 Large Potatoes mashed
1 500g block of cheese

Home made dough
3/4th cup of warm water
3/4th cup of milk(2%)
1tsp of salt
3tbsp of melted butter

Now it's time to stuff!

Now here is the Spaghetti Sauce to go along with the yummy Perogies for a good dunken:)
- 4 cans of 28 fl oz whole plum tomatoes/ Blend all 4 cans in a blender and throw into a big pot.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan fry up 1.53kg of extra lean ground beef.(If you like it hot like I do add 7tbsp of franks red hot sauce while the meats cooking)

Now back to the spaghetti sauce
-add 2 cans of 13 fl oz hunts tomatoe paste into your pot(add more paste if it's still too runny for you)

Now it's time for spices, in your pot of spaghetti your going to add
- 2 heaping tbsp of parsley
- 2 heaping tbsp of basil
- 1 1/2 levels tbsp of oregano
- 3 heaping tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 chopped garlic clove(add more if you love garlic)
- add franks red hot sauce to your liking( I normally put 7tbsp because I like it hot!)
- Once meat is cooked, add it to your spaghetti sauce, now heat it up on your stove on level 2 stirring occassionally, serve once it's hot(If you want it cooked faster just turn the heat up)

Will have pics tomorrow of both perogies and sauce once it's cooked up when I get home from work :D

Here is a picture of the delicious duo (Wife just made them last night so had to take a pic:D)

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE

We now offer worldwide shipping for $9.99 and free shipping to Canada when you spend over $49!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chocolate Haupia Pie

Ingredients:

1 9-in. unbaked pie crust
1 cup milk
1 can coconut milk (14 oz.)
1 tbsp. coconut extract
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup cornstarch
7/8 cup chocolate (Dutch chocolate, or any chocolate with high cocoa butter content)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.

3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk, coconut extract and 1 cup sugar.

4. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water.

5. After bringing coconut milk mixture to a boil, reduce to simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Continue stirring over low heat until thickened—about three minutes. Divide evenly into two bowls.

6. In another bowl, microwave chocolate until melted.

7. Mix chocolate into one of the bowls of coconut pudding, then pour mixture into the pie crust, spread and let sit.

8. Pour the remaining bowl of coconut pudding on top of the chocolate-coconut pudding mixture and spread smooth being careful nut to mix the two layers. Refrigerate the pie for an hour or more.

9. Whip the heavy cream with 1/4 cup of sugar until stiff. Layer the whipped cream on the pie surface. Garnish with chocolate shavings.

I also just make the coconut pudding. Called Haupia. Cut up like jello but it's basically a pudding/creamy flavor. Making this here in japan this thanksgiving ;)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is something I plan on trying soon, I present the Pumpkin-Cocount Cheesecake:)

Ingredients needed
-2 cups (500 mL) graham-cracker crumbs -11/2 cups (375 mL) toasted desiccated or flaked coconut
-1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
-1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
-4 eggs
-1 cup (250 mL) canned pumpkin purée (no spices added)
-1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
-1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
-1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground nutmeg, ginger and salt
-2 8-oz (250-g) pkg regular cream cheese, at room temperature
-1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
-1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
-1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla

Directions
For crust, preheat oven to 325F (160C). Lightly butter sides and bottom of a 10-in. (25-cm) springform pan. In a bowl, stir crumbs with 1 cup (250 mL) toasted coconut, ¼ cup (50 mL) granulated sugar and butter until evenly moist. Press over bottom and partway up sides of prepared pan. Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden, about 10 min. Cool on a rack. Keep oven on.
Meanwhile, for filling, whisk eggs in a large bowl. Then whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar and seasonings. Cut cheese into cubes and place in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat in granulated sugar. Then beat in cream, vanilla and pumpkin mixture, scraping down side of bowl if needed, until well mixed. Pour over warm crust.
Bake in centre of 325F (160C) oven until filling is almost set when pan is jiggled, 55 to 60 min. Place pan on a rack to cool. Immediately run a knife around inside pan edge to loosen crust and prevent cracking. When cooled to room temperature, refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours. Remove from pan. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) coconut.

MAKE AHEAD
Prepare and bake cheesecake. Place pan on a rack and cool to room temperature. Leaving in the pan, loosely cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Or leave in pan and wrap in plastic, then a layer of foil and freeze up to 1 month. Defrost cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. Best to let sit at room temperature for an hour before serving. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted coconut over top. Slice into wedges.

Meister

Meister

Awards
BAMBI AND BEAN CHILI (WITH ZING)

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs. Venison
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tbsp. garlic minced
  • 2 - 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
  • 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Tri-Bean Blend (drained)
  • 1 - 15 oz. can Organic Black Beans (drained)
  • 2 - 14.5 oz. cans Organic Diced Tomatoes (do not drain)
  • 1 tbsp. Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend
  • 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
  • 2 tbsp. White Vinegar
  • 3 tbsp. regular Yellow Mustard
  • 2 tsp. Cumin
  • 1 tsp. Sea Salt
  • 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
  • 2 tsp. adobo sauce (optional)
  • (For EXTRA ZING: 1 Short burst of PEPPER SPRAY) DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!!!
Directions:

1. In a large pot add onions and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder and cook until no longer pink (DRAIN).
  2. Next add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, xylitol, minced garlic and spices and stir until combined. (Zing is added here)
  3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
  4. Finally, add cilantro. Serve hot.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin Gooey Pie (THIS STUFF IS AWESOME)

Ingredients [HR][/HR]

• Preheat oven to 350.F
  • Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, 8 tablespoons butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
  • Filling
  • In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth
  • add 3 eggs, vanilla,and 8 teaspoons butter, and beat together.
  • Next, add the powdered sugar,cinnamon, nutmeg, and mixwell.
  • Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
  • Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
  • Serve with whipped topping.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Wow, both those look delicous. Keep them coming!

Meister

Meister

Awards
Alright...

We have quite a few food recipe's, but everyone gets thirsty on Thanksgiving. So here is a drink recipe that will help you get through the parades and ready for FOOTBALL!!!!

Apple Pie in a SHOT

1 OZ VODKA (Svedka or whatever you prefer)
1 OZ Apple Cider
Pinch of Cinnamon
***If you like whipped cream, spoon a little on top. (None for me thanks)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MOCHIKO CHICKEN
10 pounds boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
4 Eggs
10 teaspoon Soy Sauce or Huli Huli Sauce
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup green onions, chopped
4 tablespoon Sesame Seeds (optional)
Cut up chicken into serving size pieces and set aside. In a large container combine all ingredients except the chicken and mix well. Once the batter is mixed add the chicken and stir until all pieces are coated. Cover and let set in the batter overnight in the refrigerator. The following morning stir the batter and put it back in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. Ten minutes prior to cooking take the container out of the refrigerator. Fill a wok or frying pan with enough oil to cover the chicken pieces and heat. Test hotness of oil by dropping some batter in it. If the oil is hot enough the batter will begin to cook on contact. If it does not wait until it gets hot. Deep fry the Mochiko batter chicken until golden brown. Let the cooked chicken drain on wire rack over some paper towels or newspaper then serve. Makes about 8-10 servings.

Gluten free deep fried chicken breasts!! Got some sugar in it but its okay! Lol. Good for a decent cheat meal as well. And it tastes amazing!!!
MOchiko is also known as sweet rice flour. Great stuff.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
pumpkin roll
Cake:
3/4 cup a/p flour
1/2 teaspoon (tsp) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (tsp) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (tsp) ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon (tsp) salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 cups walnuts (optional)

Filling:
1 package of 8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
6 tablespoon (tbsp) butter, softened
1 teaspoon (tsp) vanilla extract
Extra powdered sugar like 1tbsp

Directions:

-Preheat oven 350*F
-Grease jelly roll pan, 15x10, add wax paper to pan
- Prepare a towel, lay it open on counter and sprinkle powder sugar on it
- Mix all dry cake ingredients
- Beat eggs and sugar in separate bigger bowl until thick
- Add pumpkin puree to egg mixture, mix, then add dry ingredients, mix
- Spread evenly throughout pan
- Bake for 14 mins, or until cake springs back when touched
- When ready, take out, place on towel take off wax paper
- Roll bread with towel and set aside until it's cool
- Prepare filling; mix everything together until smooth
- When bread is cool unroll carefully, add filling on bread, not all the way to edges
(make sure bread isn't hot or else all the filling will melt won't stay in place)
- When filling is on bread carefully roll again
- Wrap In plastic wrap
- Cool in fridge for at least an hour
- When ready to serve cut off edges, sprinkle powdered sugar on top using sifter

this is what i ask my girlfriend to make every thanksgiving. it's one of the best deserts that is allowed on thanksgiving in our family, we like to keep it traditional, and well pumpkin for desert is good. you can go to most super markets and get one premade, but this recipe is easy and makes a big roll. soooo good im craving one as i write this out.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
My aunt plans to use this for her stuffing of the turkey this year and she told me that the family could not get enough of it during pre trials.

[h=1]Elegant Turkey Stuffing[/h]
[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 1/2 cups orange liqueur
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups chopped celery
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
  • 1 (16 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and chopped
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Place the raisins in a small saucepan, and cover with 1 cup of liqueur. Bring to boil, remove from heat, and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Saute the celery and onion in the butter for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
  3. In the same skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until crumbled and evenly brown. Drain.
  4. Combine the sausage and stuffing mix with the celery and onion mixture. Stir in the raisins and liqueur, pecans, and apples. Mix in melted butter, chicken broth, 1/2 cup orange liqueur; the stuffing should be totally moistened. Season with sage, salt, and pepper.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
We eat this in different variations for different holidays, great stuff.

Red Potato Salad

[h=3]Ingredients[/h]
  • 3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 cup sliced celery

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
  2. Place eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apple Pecan Cobbler

Ingredients

• 4 cups thinly sliced apples
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
[h=3]Directions[/h]
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously grease a 2 quart baking dish.
  2. Arrange apple slices in an even layer in the baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup pecans. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, evaporated milk, and melted butter. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture all at once, and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over apples, and sprinkle top with 1/4 cup pecans.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Lot's of great recipes so far. I'll be cooking on thanksgiving. Who else?