William Llewellyn's Sport Supplement Reference Guide now on Kindle!!!!

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Molecular Nutrition is once again proud to announce another of William Llewellyn's books is now available on Kindle from Amazon at a new low price. The Sport Supplement Reference Guide is now available on Amazon for only $9.99.

cover.jpg

Over 40 of the supplement industry's top ingredients are broken down and rated by William Llewellyn. This is the ultimate buyers guide for anyone that takes nutritional supplements.

SSRG E-Book Edition available at Amazon!!!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
$10 is a steal!!

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Hell yes it is. Even if you don't own a Kindle you can still read it on your computer with the Kindle Reader app. You can download the app free here. If you use Safari or Chrome you can use the Kindle Cloud Reader here

There is no reason to miss out on this amazing value.

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this great deal!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Have any examples on the kinds of products he goes over? Or any specific products?

Or even better any excerpts from the book? Like a teaser.. ;)

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Great idea! Here is the Table of Contents

I: SPORT SUPPLEMENT INDUSTRY

Introduction
Sport Supplement Overview
The Supplement Business
Protein Primer
Carbohydrate Supplementation
Vitamins and Minerals
Studs and Duds – The Rating System

PART II: INGREDIENT PROFILES

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR)
Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha-GPC)
Alpha-Ketoisocaproic Acid (KIC)
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA)
Androst-4-ene,3,6,17-trione (6-OXO)
Arachidonic Acid (ARA)
Arginine (free, salt, ester)
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate(AAKG)
Beta-Alanine
Betaine
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)
Caffeine
Carnitine
Cissus Quadrangularis
Citrulline Malate
Coleus Forskohlii Extract (forskolin)
Conjugated-Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Creatine
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Ecdysterone
Fenugreek Extract (4-hydroxyisoleucine)
Fish Oil (EPA/DHA)
Gamma Oryzanol
Glycerol/Glycerine
Glycine-Arginine-Alpha-Ketoisocaproic Acid (GAKIC)
Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine (GPLC)
HMB (beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate)
Icariin (horny goat weed)
Ipriflavone
Leucine
Longjack (eurycoma longifolia jack)
Methoxyisoflavone
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC)
Nettle Root Extract (3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran)
Phosphatidylserine
Ribose
Steroidal Sapogenins
Sulfo-Polysaccharide Extract (cystoseira canariensis)
Tribulus Terrestris
ZMA (zinc monomethionine aspartate, magnesium aspartate)

PART III: CONSUMER EMPOWERMENT

Rules for Effective Shopping
Top Rated Supplements (Quick Reference)
Sample Supplement Programs: Weightlifting/Bodybuilding
Sample Supplement Programs: Sports Performance (Anaerobic)
Sample Supplement Programs: Sports Performance (Aerobic Endurance)

REFERENCES

Patuba

Awards
  • Established
Excerpt:

Sport Supplement Industry Introduction

The United States is a nation that deeply values body image and physical achievement. We can see this in many things, such as our lavishment of high profile athletes. Consistently, in fact, they are the highest paid in the world. We also provide lucrative modeling careers for some of our most attractive individuals. Photographs of the buff and beautiful are used to sell almost every type of consumer good imaginable. With all of this achievement and beauty surrounding us, it is only natural that the individual desire to look and perform better would become strongly American as well. About 40 million of us now belong to one of an estimated 26,000 fitness clubs across the country. From memberships, to clothes, to nutritional shakes, pills, and powders, we spend a lot of money pursuing our individual fitness goals. In a nation of consumerism, health and fitness has become big business.

This book specifically focuses on the market for sport supplement products. Ergogenic supplements (those promising to help us become bigger, stronger, faster, or more enduring) now generate a stunning 2.5 billions dollars per year in revenue in the United States alone. It is an industry with hundreds of manufacturers, and a seemingly endless list of products and promises. As all consumers learn very quickly, sometimes sports nutrition products deliver on these promises. Other times, however, they do not. I have had the pleasure, and admittedly at times downright frustration, to be a part of this industry for more than a decade now. I am a scientific researcher, a company owner, an avid consumer. I love my job. My position has granted me a very unique inside view of this industry. More than that, it has given me the tools necessary to critically evaluate this market. I’ve written this book to pass these tools along to you. At the very core, sports nutrition is a field of science. It is, however, also a business. Furthermore, there is no approval process for sport nutrition products, and the government is far too busy to review every marketing claim. As a result, the science that drives this field is sometimes secondary to the drive for profits. I have come to understand this business very well. I have learned that there are many people in sports nutrition like me, which hold reverence for this scientific field. I’ve also run across many consummate business people, who care little about fitness, and view this only as a revenue generating market. I am saddened to say that some have found it an ample market to exploit. Americans want to look and feel better. This can be an easy thing to take advantage of, especially if nobody is really watching.

Consumers of sport supplement products are faced with an extremely challenging task — deciding who and what to trust. I am here to help. I intend to do this not by recommending specific companies and products, but by giving you the tools necessary to identify products of value on your own. There is a lot of noise in this market, many misinterpretations of science, and many unsubstantiated claims. This noise, however, can be muffled when you know what to listen for. Throughout this book I will bring you through the science behind each of the popular sport supplement ingredients, and let you know what people are really saying about them. You’ll learn what works, at what dosage, and in what context. I trust that if you pay careful attention to the information presented in this book, you will not be a disappointed consumer. O.K., enough buildup. Let’s get started so you can see what I’m talking about.