The Potential Benefits of Ursolic Acid

  1. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    The Potential Benefits of Ursolic Acid


    There's been a lot of press coverage recently of a natural substance called Ursolic Acid - and the potential health and fitness benefits it may hold.

    A number of studies have been done on this compound, and the list of positive effects are impressive.



    Ursolic Acid is believed to:

    Reduce fat storage and increase fat burning, through inhibition of pancreatic lipase and enhanced lipolysis in fat cells. [1]

    Reduce the conversion of blood sugar to fat, through inhibition of fatty acid synthase. [2]

    Increase energy reserves in muscles by enhancing glycogen storage. [3]

    Reduce abdominal (visceral) fat through the inhibition of 11bHSD1. [4]

    Be anti-carcinogenic through inhibition of the STAT3 activation pathway. [5]

    Lower cholesterol through the activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-α. [6]

    Reduce estrogen levels through aromatase inhibition. [7]

    Strengthen bones by enhancing differentiation and mineralization of osteoblasts. [8]

    Increase lean muscle mass through enhanced sensitivity to IGF-1 and insulin and inhibition of atrogin-1 and MuRF1. [9]


    Always make sure you buy a high quality ursolic acid supplement like E-Pharm Ursobolic.




    Press articles:

    Apple peel helps build muscle and control weight - Daily Mail

    An apple a day keeps your body toned and slender - Telegraph

    Can a compound in apple peel help build muscle? - Health News - NHS Choices

    Ursolic acid: apple anabolic - Ergo-Log



    References:

    [1] Arch Pharm Res. 2009 Jul;32(7):983-7.
    Anti-lipase and lipolytic activities of ursolic acid isolated from the roots of Actinidia arguta.

    [2] Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Feb 12;392(3):386-90.
    Evaluation of inhibition of fatty acid synthase by ursolic acid: positive cooperation mechanism.

    [3] Issled. Mekh. Vliyaniya Bal'neol. Faktorov Regul. Sist. Org. (1976), 101-2.
    Effect of ursolic acid on the energy and carbohydrate metabolism of muscles

    [4] Bioorg Med Chem. 2010 Feb 15;18(4):1507-15.
    11beta-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 inhibiting constituents from Eriobotrya japonica revealed by bioactivity-guided isolation and computational approaches.

    [5] Mol Cancer Res. 2007 Sep;5(9):943-55.
    Ursolic acid inhibits STAT3 activation pathway leading to suppression of proliferation and chemosensitization of human multiple myeloma cells.

    [6] Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2011 Oct 1;21(19):5876-80.
    Ursolic acid is a PPAR-α agonist that regulates hepatic lipid metabolism.

    [7] Eur J Med Chem. 2008 Sep;43(9):1865-77.
    Evaluation of ursolic acid isolated from Ilex paraguariensis and derivatives on aromatase inhibition.

    [8] Pharmacol Res. 2008 Nov-Dec;58(5-6):290-6.
    Anabolic activity of ursolic acid in bone: Stimulating osteoblast differentiation in vitro and inducing new bone formation in vivo.

    [9] Cell Metabolism. Volume 13, Issue 6, 8 June 2011, Pages 627-638
    mRNA Expression Signatures of Human Skeletal Muscle Atrophy Identify a Natural Compound that Increases Muscle Mass
    Antus Labs

  2. Registered User
    ICJLM's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    126910

    Sub'd
  3. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    629304

    Ehh I dont want to look like a dumbass but where can we pick this up? I checked the online retailers listed but none seem to carry it.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,067
    Rep Power
    290736

    I dont think its out yet Tomahawk. I'm definitely ready to give this stuff a run.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  5. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    629304

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    I dont think its out yet Tomahawk. I'm definitely ready to give this stuff a run.
    Ya sounds like a lot of positive benefits. Will be looking out for it.
  6. Registered User
    _mArs_'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    141563

    yeah... who's gonna get some free Ursolic Acid to log?
  7. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14639

    This looks very interesting... Wonder how it would do on a bulk, Anything natural that "helps" me build muscle is something i'm definitely interested in.

    **Edit**

    Just read that it shouldn't be used for bulking, Any particular reason to that?
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  8. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335098

    Quote Originally Posted by ICJLM
    Interesting. I'd also like to know... And this is obviously considered "natural" right?
    I think the main reason it is not a bulker is because it doesn't help you retain mass. Overall mass gaining phases actually benefit from the water retention because more mass equals more mass you are able to move. Which usually means more mass gains. If you're goal is to recomp I would say this would be perfect. Provided the claims are real.

    And yes it is natural. 50mgs of this chemical are found in an apple peal. So eating three apples with the peals will be equal to 150mgs of this. Which I believe is the product's suggested dose.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  9. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335098

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy
    This looks very interesting... Wonder how it would do on a bulk, Anything natural that "helps" me build muscle is something i'm definitely interested in.

    **Edit**

    Just read that it shouldn't be used for bulking, Any particular reason to that?
    I responded to the guy below you tiny. But I think it just has to do with it's ability to dry/lean you out. All out bulking wouldn't benefit from this product. You wouldn't get the water retention benefits or the overall mass gaining aspects of most other bulking compounds. But for recomping and over all physique enhancements I don't see how this could be a problem taking even for you on a bulk.

    That is provided this stuff is legit. Perhaps I'll try running it in November after two other logging jobs.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  10. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14639

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I responded to the guy below you tiny. But I think it just has to do with it's ability to dry/lean you out. All out bulking wouldn't benefit from this product. You wouldn't get the water retention benefits or the overall mass gaining aspects of most other bulking compounds. But for recomping and over all physique enhancements I don't see how this could be a problem taking even for you on a bulk.

    That is provided this stuff is legit. Perhaps I'll try running it in November after two other logging jobs.
    Yeah that makes sense, sadpanda.jpeg

    Well anyways after i finish the TestoPro log i have a Lit-Up/DRIVE log i'll be doing too.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  11. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ehh I dont want to look like a dumbass but where can we pick this up? I checked the online retailers listed but none seem to carry it.
    It should be out next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    And yes it is natural. 50mgs of this chemical are found in an apple peal. So eating three apples with the peals will be equal to 150mgs of this. Which I believe is the product's suggested dose.
    I think that's the dose per cap. The suggested dose per day is going to be something like 6 - 9 caps I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I responded to the guy below you tiny. But I think it just has to do with it's ability to dry/lean you out. All out bulking wouldn't benefit from this product. You wouldn't get the water retention benefits or the overall mass gaining aspects of most other bulking compounds. But for recomping and over all physique enhancements I don't see how this could be a problem taking even for you on a bulk.
    Yeah, agreed.
    Antus Labs
  12. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Yeah that makes sense, sadpanda.jpeg

    Well anyways after i finish the TestoPro log i have a Lit-Up/DRIVE log i'll be doing too.
    Link me when you get the lit-up/Drive log going
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  13. Registered User
    thetinyguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    14639

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Link me when you get the lit-up/Drive log going
    Definitely will, i'll post it in a few threads too
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  14. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post

    Ursolic Acid is believed to:

    Reduce fat storage and increase fat burning, through inhibition of pancreatic lipase and enhanced lipolysis in fat cells. [1]
    It inhibits pancreatic alpha-amylase as well. Whereas pancreatic lipase breaks down fats, alpha-amylase breaks down sugars, so inhibition of this enzyme is believed to contribute to ursolic acid's purported anti-diabetic properties.

    Ethnopharmacol. 2006, 107, 449–455.
    α-Amylase inhibitory activity of some Malaysian plants used to treat diabetes; with particular reference to Phyllanthus amarus
    Antus Labs
  15. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335098

    Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    It inhibits pancreatic alpha-amylase as well. Whereas pancreatic lipase breaks down fats, alpha-amylase breaks down sugars, so inhibition of this enzyme is believed to contribute to ursolic acid's purported anti-diabetic properties.

    Ethnopharmacol. 2006, 107, 449–455.
    α-Amylase inhibitory activity of some Malaysian plants used to treat diabetes; with particular reference to Phyllanthus amarus
    A very interesting, so it is believed to spare glucose in the blood system. I could see some good synergies with some of the fat liberating compounds found in many fat burners available today.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  16. Registered User
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ErgoPumped
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89660

    What r the negative side efeects to this. Can it be stacked with Sims or with say. Dcp. I'd like to grab some. How long can it be ran for
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  17. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    What r the negative side effects to this.
    Try it and let me know.
    Antus Labs
  18. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    It may also help control blood sugar levels by competitive inhibition of alpha-glucosidase.

    Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009 Feb;34(4):406-9.
    Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors from Luculia pinciana
    Antus Labs
  19. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335098

    Quote Originally Posted by henryv
    It may also help control blood sugar levels by competitive inhibition of alpha-glucosidase.

    Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2009 Feb;34(4):406-9.
    Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors from Luculia pinciana
    This is the feature I am most interest in.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  20. Registered User
    TheDarkHalf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    DC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,398
    Rep Power
    10713

    subbed
  21. Registered User
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,479
    Rep Power
    2179383

    Hmmmm, wondering what the price or intro price for AM might be and when available? I see elsewhere a bottle of 120caps runs about $21...dosing 3-6 caps 3x/day...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  22. Registered User
    henryv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    152078

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Hmmmm, wondering what the price or intro price for AM might be and when available? I see elsewhere a bottle of 120caps runs about $21...dosing 3-6 caps 3x/day...
    The best I can offer is "I don't know" and "soon".

    We'll be switching to bigger bottles once this run's done.
    Antus Labs
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Did you hear the big news about Ursolic Acid?
    By LG Sciences in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM
  2. Ursolic Acid Anabolic
    By Jim Sadler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 05:10 AM
  3. D-Aspartic Acid, Arachidonic Acid and Inhibit-E
    By liftsalot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 06:51 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
  5. Arachidic Acid vs. Arachidonic Acid?
    By Beige in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in