** The Joy of a WeighLifters Diet ** Controlled Labs Promo

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting little promo you've got there.

I'm sure you'll get some good entries!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesomeness Renegade!...here's one to start...After including coconut oil into my diet a few weeks back...I happened upon a coconut oil muffin recipe...and have since tweaked it to include banana's...and all natural ingredients...these are addicting...

Coconut Oil/Banana Muffins

1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oatmeal
½ cup sukanot
1 TBS baking powder
½ cup dried cranberries or blueberries
2-3 medium banana’s mashed
1 cup skim milk
¼ cup virgin coconut oil
1 egg lightly beaten, room temp
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 400F
Mix all dry ingredients
Melt coconut oil
Combine oil w/warm milk and egg
Mix wet & dry ingredients together
Bake about 18-20 mins

Attachments

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great start schizm!
I think I want to cook me up some of those.

Add some apples and Golden Gains = ftw! :D

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great start schizm!
I think I want to cook me up some of those.

Add some apples and Golden Gains = ftw! :D
For sure! I bet just reducing some of the flour & oatmeal some, would allow some scoopages of GG in there nicely...

perhaps wash it down with a strawberry/pineapple/PsyKO smoothie... :yup:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump n snack

borrowed this tasty one from Snag...grab a couple for a snack or to satisfy a sweet craving....

1.5 cups oats
6 TBS natty PB
3 scoops Protein (a blend is better than straight whey, Lipotropic Vanilla or Choc PB is really good, bet golden gains would fair well here too!)
2 TBS honey
1 cup raisins
1/8 cup water

mix, ball em up, toss in the fridge (or freezer if you like ‘frozen cookie dough’ ;) & eat...

Attachments

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a sucker for anything Lemon....

Lemon protein poppy seed bars

1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 cup Splenda or 2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1½ cups nonfat plain yogurt (Greek preferred)
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 ½ teaspoons lemon extract
2 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a 9×13″ pan with cooking oil spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, whey, Splenda, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and zest; stir to mix.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, stir together yogurt, applesauce, oil, lemon extract, and egg. Add dry ingredients to wet ones, and stir just until moistened. Pour batter into pan.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
borrowed this tasty one from Snag...grab a couple for a snack or to satisfy a sweet craving....

1.5 cups oats
6 TBS natty PB
3 scoops Protein (a blend is better than straight whey, Lipotropic Vanilla or Choc PB is really good, bet golden gains would fair well here too!)
2 TBS honey
1 cup raisins
1/8 cup water

mix, ball em up, toss in the fridge (or freezer if you like ‘frozen cookie dough’ ;) & eat...
Oh yeah, wow! Protein cookies........That brings back memories of those delicious protein cookies that AI(i think!) had years ago... They still taste good even with the protein in there?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, wow! Protein cookies........That brings back memories of those delicious protein cookies that AI(i think!) had years ago... They still taste good even with the protein in there?
choice of protein & flavor makes the difference...straight whey, didn't turn out so well (very paste-y)...using a blend, which I've only tried Lg's Lipo (vanilla/choc PB)...turned out (imo) well, I would think myo or syntha would fit well....of course my wife accuses me of not having any taste buds when it comes to food ;)

In college I tried a similar recipe but since in a dorm setting tried baking them at home, bringing back...turned out like a moist granola bar....first batch didn't store in the fridge and they grew 'fur' over the course of a week...:34:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

1.5 cups oats
6 TBS natty PB
2 TBS honey
1 cup raisins
1/8 cup water

That sounds so delicious. I may have to bust that one out.

And I miss Snag.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That sounds so delicious. I may have to bust that one out.

And I miss Snag.
no joke, he's always been a wealth of knowledge...He's been hangin out some over on bb...repping for Betancourt recently...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no joke, he's always been a wealth of knowledge...He's been hangin out some over on bb...repping for Betancourt recently...
Really? I know he deactivated his bodyspace at one point and unfriended me lol. I still chat with him via e-mail from time to time, but it's probably been 2 months since I talked to him last. Glad to hear things seem to be going well for him.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Golden Pumpkin Bars

2 scoops Controlled Labs Golden Gains
8 ounces pumpkin puree
1 cup quick oats
1 large egg
1/4 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 dash ginger
2 dash cloves

Whip egg and mix with pumpkin puree. Add the Golden Gains and all spices and mix well. Last add quick oats and mix to a past like consistancy. cook on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet/casserole dish for 30 min at 375. Let cool about 10 minutes slice and serve. I usually keep mine covered and store in the fridge to keep moist.

1 Square (makes 8)

Calories - 93

Fat- 2

Net Carbs- 12.2

Protien- 5

Play with it and make it your own. May add a creamcheese topping or some nuts. Enjoy

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Great idea! Can't wait to see what all pops up in here.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
2 scoops Controlled Labs Golden Gains
8 ounces pumpkin puree
1 cup quick oats
1 large egg
1/4 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 dash ginger
2 dash cloves

Whip egg and mix with pumpkin puree. Add the Golden Gains and all spices and mix well. Last add quick oats and mix to a past like consistancy. cook on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet/casserole dish for 30 min at 375. Let cool about 10 minutes slice and serve. I usually keep mine covered and store in the fridge to keep moist.

1 Square (makes 8)

Calories - 93

Fat- 2

Net Carbs- 12.2

Protien- 5

Play with it and make it your own. May add a creamcheese topping or some nuts. Enjoy

This looks absolutely delicious,
great job incorporating the Golden Gains too :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lower carb higher protein banana pecan pancakes

1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup soy flour
1/3 cup whole grain rye flour
1 whole egg
1 scoop of vanilla protein
2 tbsp of coconut oil (warmed)
1 cup of Hood Calorie Countdown skim milk
1 tsp baking powder
3 packets of stevia
1/2-1tsp of cinnamon (to taste)
1 banana sliced thin
1/4 cup of pecan pieces

Mix all dry ingredients (including nuts). Mix wet ingredients together (need to warm the milk slightly first so the coconut oil doesn't go solid). pour wet ingredients into dry, mix with fork. Add bananas last and fry like normal pancakes. May need to add additional milk to get right consistency.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup soy flour
1 whole egg
1 tsp baking powder
3 packets of stevia
1 banana sliced thin
1/4 cup of pecan pieces

Mix all dry ingredients (including nuts). Mix wet ingredients together (need to warm the milk slightly first so the coconut oil doesn't go solid). pour wet ingredients into dry, mix with fork. Add bananas last and fry like normal pancakes. May need to add additional milk to get right consistency.

Damn it Eric you kill me with this I love pancakes ;)

but now i can`t devastate with my beloved "Buttermilk`s" pancakes

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It took a while to get to this recipe, i've been adjusting it over the last couple years. My wife + kids like the banana pecan pancakes and so I tried to work out a recipe I could eat and not feel bad about (or waste a cheat meal on). Whats funny is that now they like these better than restaurant banana pecan ones :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It took a while to get to this recipe, i've been adjusting it over the last couple years. My wife + kids like the banana pecan pancakes and so I tried to work out a recipe I could eat and not feel bad about (or waste a cheat meal on). Whats funny is that now they like these better than restaurant banana pecan ones :)
my only question....what time shall I be expecting you in the morning & can you bring some tupperware? Ok, that's 2 questions....my bad, was thinking maple drizzled banana protein-cakes...Bahsturd! :firedevil:

;)
Looks great man!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bump for more entries! Come on guys, you have to have recipes laying around, most guys here eat every 2 hours :D

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't have pics of these, so sorry for that but here are a couple of my fav recipes, moreso when cals just don't matter;)

Make Believe Turkey Lasagna (crock pot)

1 lb ground Turkey
1 onion chopped
1/2TBS garlic powder
1can (18oz) spaghetti sauce
1/2 TBS oregano
6-8 whole wheat lasagna noodles uncooked
1 (12oz) carton cottage cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 - 1 (12oz) Pkg shredded mozzarella

Brown Turkey (and season) and onion. Add Garlic. Spaghetti sauce and oregano. Cook until warm. Spoon layer of meat sauce on bottom of greased crock pot. Add layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. Top with layer of sauce mixture, layer of cottage cheese, parmesan cheese & mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, sauce mixture, cottage cheese, parmesean. Cover & cook on low 6-8 hours.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 med onion chopped
2 tsp garlic minced
1 zuchini sliced/quartered
1 can rotel
1 lg can chopped tomatoes
1 can green enchillada sauce
1 can golden hominy
1 can black beans
2 cans chicken broth (4 cups)
3-4 chicken breasts cooked-chopped
1/8 cup cilangtro
2-3 tsp cumin
salt to taste
shredded cheese
sour cream
tortilla chips
1-2 cups cooked rice (long grain/wild is good)

saute onion, garlic & zuchini in olive oil. add everything together in large pot, bring to boil and simmer for up to a couple hours in a crock pot.
put desired amount of cooked rice in bowl, add soup, crush some chips on top, add some cheese & a dallup of sour cream.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EZ Salsa

2 cans mexican stewed tomatoes
cilantro- however much you like I use about 1/2 cup
1/3 of an onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 TBS lemon juice
jalepenos- 1-2 or more if you like em spicy!
salt & pepper to taste

put all in a blender (tomatoes last though) and blend until it's as chunky or thin as you like.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chicken wing dip/spread

2 cups shredded cheddar
1 8oz cream cheese
1 cup ranch or blu cheese dressing
1/2 bottle (or to taste) Franks hot sauce (or your fav wing sauce)
2 cups chopped or shredded chicken

place shredded cheese, cream cheese & dressing in a skillet until well mixed and creamy. add chicken and hot sauce. Spread on croissant sandwhiches or dip chips. Can keep in the pan or transfer to a crock pot to keep warm.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sour Cream Enchiladas

4 chicken breasts
16-20 tortillas
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
3/4 cup salsa (recipe above ;)
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2tsp cumin
2 cans lowfat cream of chicken
1 (16oz) sour cream
2 cups shredded cheese

1. Cook chicken mixture
cut chicken & onion into small pieces cook with garlic in butter. when almost done add in salsa, 1/2 tsp cumin. salt pepper and cook for 5 more mins.
2. In another pan add some drips of olive oil. Dip tortillas one at a time until they bubble. Put tortilla in a 9x13 pan. put 2-3 spoonfuls of chicken mixture and add cheese to each one. roll, seam side down. Unitl all made/pan is full.
3. mix 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, sour cream & tsp of cumin. pour sauce over all enchildas. sprinkle with cheese & paprika. Cook at 350 for 20-25 mins.

This is by far my fav enchilada recipe! Love these! :love:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to attempt cooking the sour cream enchilladas tonight!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know, this thread with also having read that study on the level of ecdysterone in quinoa makes me want to try making a few quinoa based bread recipes. But first I gotta find quinoa flour at a reasonable price, holy cow its expensive at the natural stores

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
REAL Protein Brownies, none of that "toss some sludge in the microwave" crap:

1 cup almond meal
3oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1C splenda
8 oz berry flavored baby food
2 Eggs

Coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray
9 x 9 baking pan

bake at 300 degrees for 10min.

Got plenty of others, I just have to go through and find ones I'm ok with having CL publish.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
REAL Protein Brownies, none of that "toss some sludge in the microwave" crap:

1 cup almond meal
3oz unsweetened baking chocolate
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1C splenda
8 oz berry flavored baby food
2 Eggs

Coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray
9 x 9 baking pan

bake at 300 degrees for 10min.

Got plenty of others, I just have to go through and find ones I'm ok with having CL publish.
Sounds great. Whats the macros on these badboys?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
OK guys, last chance for entries is this Friday.

Hope to see a few last minute recipes for my weekend :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nice man!! Hope you like them as much as I do!
:32:
Well, I made the Enchilladas. I have to say, that recipe was fantastic. They came out really good. I'm going to experiment a little, and use steak for next time. These were delicious, I recommend everyone give them a shot sometime. :) Thanks again brother! Outstanding :bigok:

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I made the Enchilladas. I have to say, that recipe was fantastic. They came out really good. I'm going to experiment a little, and use steak for next time. These were delicious, I recommend everyone give them a shot sometime. :) Thanks again brother! Outstanding :bigok:
great to hear man! If I had better luck in being able to pick out a good cut of steak, I'd give it a go too...letting marinate for hours really makes all the difference as I found out the other week when I grilled some sirloin...

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds great. Whats the macros on these badboys?
Well, that depends on how many brownies you cut the batch into. In the whole recipe there's approximately:

70g Fat
70g Protein (assuming WPI powder)
30-40g Carbs (of which 20-30g is fiber)

The carb content also varies depending on the kind of baby food you get - i.e. avoid the ones that have like 40g of sugar. Who feeds their baby that crap anyways?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this kid's parents

lol, "Yes I can" - die of obesity related health issues!

Anyways, here' another recipe:

Low Carb Fried chicken:

Breading:
mix soy flour, ground flax and ground walnuts together in a large bowl with salt, pepper and coriander. I don't have measurements for these ingredients, I always just kind of wing it. You only need a little bit of flax and walnuts, which help thicken the breading, and a fair amount of soy flour.

beat 2 or 3 eggs in another dish and add a bit of cream.

Flatten boneless, skinless chicken breast until about 1/2" thick, dip into beaten eggs, then coat thoroughly with the breading.

You can either deep fry this the old fashioned way, with a butt load of oil in a pan, or put some olive oil in a spray bottle, spritz it over the chicken and bake at 300 for 1/2hr or until brown.

pigpen75

pigpen75

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, that depends on how many brownies you cut the batch into. In the whole recipe there's approximately:

70g Fat
70g Protein (assuming WPI powder)
30-40g Carbs (of which 20-30g is fiber)

The carb content also varies depending on the kind of baby food you get - i.e. avoid the ones that have like 40g of sugar. Who feeds their baby that crap anyways?
Thanks br real solid, gonna have to try these

C

ChrisSurf

Awards

1/3 cup almond meal
1/3 cup soy flour
1 whole egg
1 tsp baking powder
3 packets of stevia
1 banana sliced thin
1/4 cup of pecan pieces

I love pancakes and make an awesome butter milk from scratch, I've tried variations of "protein" pancakes before and just the taste was sorta blahhh.... but yours I'm def going to try.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love pancakes and make an awesome butter milk from scratch, I've tried variations of "protein" pancakes before and just the taste was sorta blahhh.... but yours I'm def going to try.
In college (mid-late 90's) I did alot of low carbing...one time I picked up a couple containers of Atkins low carb, high protein pancake mix...and low carb syrup...wost.pancakes.ever.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I made these today, baking right now.

Quinoa chocolate peanut butter cookies

wet ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup naturally more peanut butter
2 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp chocolate extract

dry ingredients
1 3/4 cup quinoa flour
2 scoops Ultra Peptide 2.0 chocolate peanut butter protein
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda

Soften then cream the butter with the brown sugar. Add the rest of the wet ingredients, mix. mix the dry ingredients together then slowly add to the wet mix. Bake for approx 12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

they ended up a little more ball like, so next time i'll either add some more fat or flatten them when I put them on the cookie sheet, rather than as balls. I'll report on the taste after lunch :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, they ended up being a little bit on the dry + crumbly side, but not too bad. Tasted good at least. I figure next time i'll go with a full cup of peanut butter, that should help.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How 'bout some SLOW COOKED BEEF BACK RIBS?

For those clean bulk dinners where you gotta pack down a ton of cals and want to enjoy it without "cheating" (provided you're on a lower carb diet and have the fat to spare)

Rub down a rack of ribs with a bit of dijon mustard and crushed garlic, then sprinkle liberally with Splenda, black pepper, sea salt, coriander, sage, and rosemary.

Throw it in a deep pan, add a cup of water to the bottom, cover it all in foil and cook at 225 for 4-6hrs.

Tastes especially good with my homemade BBQ sauce:
1 Cup Sugar-Free Ketchup
2 Tbsp Mustard
2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
A good shake of Worcestershire sauce
A good squeeze of Sri-Racha
Pepper

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well, they ended up being a little bit on the dry + crumbly side, but not too bad. Tasted good at least. I figure next time i'll go with a full cup of peanut butter, that should help.
Those look great Easy! I wonder how they'd fair if one were to sub out the butter for coconut oil? plus the 1 cup PB...hmmm...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those look great Easy! I wonder how they'd fair if one were to sub out the butter for coconut oil? plus the 1 cup PB...hmmm...
yeah, I was thinking that too. possibly be a little bit softer, also would be a nice taste. I was thinking maybe going as high as 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup coconut oil, plus the full cup of PB next time. We'll see, gotta finish those first :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I've sent the recipes off to all the CL team members. We'll be choosing them soon and I'll post the winners.

Thanks guys, these were awesome... I can't wait to cook some of these. The Controlled Labs Cookbook is going to be epic too. :)

Stay tuned for the winners!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for a copy of the recipe book ;) ...I saw some pretty tasty ones on bb as well...